DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

EKS OtusRaw, Otus and XP-5 Mapping (GET IT HERE)

radikarl 9:13 AM - 12 April, 2011
COMPLETE MAPPING FOR EKS OTUS, EKS OTUS RAW and EKS XP-5

- INCLUDING THE PLATTER HACK
- including installing instructions
- including graphic
- one universal mapping for all three devices
- Version 1.1
- new version with some improvements will follow as soon as i finished the changed info graphics

direct download: toka-disco.de

check for newer versions: toka-disco.de

Feedback appreciated.
nik39 11:10 AM - 12 April, 2011
Excellent work!! Now we can use the EKS Otus and Otus Raw with Scratch Live. Whoop whoop. :)
Rebelguy 2:16 PM - 12 April, 2011
Are these available in the USA?
Rebelguy 2:16 PM - 12 April, 2011
I meant the units...not the mappings.
nik39 2:22 PM - 12 April, 2011
eks.fi
Quote:
Is there any US based distribution for the device yet?

No. But we are working on it.

I still assume that someone will import them.
nik39 2:50 PM - 15 April, 2011
Do you have a video demonstrating it?
radikarl 11:41 AM - 21 April, 2011
New Version
toka-disco.de

Changes / Improvements:

ALL DEVICES:
- Replaced multiple document files with one PDF document.
- Exchanged the "Tab Focus" button with a "Back" button as you know it from other Devices:
--- Push once: go back to crates
--- Push again: expand / collapse a crate
- If you were browsing crates, the "Load" buttons now switch to the selected crate first. On the second push, it loads the track.
- Fixed a bug with the platter not working anymore when returning from a Backspin
- Fixed a collision of MIDI messages when using the mapping simultaneously with a Rane SixtyEight.

OTUS RAW / XP5:
- Added the ability to delete Cue's

OTUS / OTUS RAW:
- Back Button (Earlier Versions "Tab Focus") is now located next to the lower right corner wheel, instead of "deck-switch-button single-click" to avoid confusion.
- Added SP-6 Volume control.
- Added Break-Speed control.

OTUS RAW:
- Both upper corner wheels now always control corresponding Ultra-Knob FX

Feedback appreciated.
radikarl 3:42 PM - 10 May, 2011
here is a nice video (not by me):

Watchvimeo.com
nik39 5:31 AM - 11 May, 2011
That's a nice video indeed. Just a bit unfortunate that the DJ is not using the main platters at all :-( (only the sides for pitch bending)
radikarl 7:26 AM - 11 May, 2011
at the end he does a backspin ;-)
nik39 9:16 AM - 11 May, 2011
Wow!
radikarl 1:21 PM - 11 May, 2011
Watchwww.youtube.com
youtube mirror
ciaran78 1:10 PM - 14 June, 2011
Hi, can you possibly help me out I'm struggling with point 3. I can't move the file into the eks preset file. it shows as green(on my macbook) but when I drag and drop nothing happens. If I unplug my device I can only get preset editor. What am i doing wrong?? how do I copy it over?

Thanks

Ciaran
radikarl 2:07 PM - 14 June, 2011
if you are on a MAC:

you have to copy the files which end with XOP, XPP and XQP here:

path:
Quote:

/Library/Application Support/EKS/Controllers/Presets

- just copy this path from here, then open finder
- hit CMD SHIFT G
- paste

enter
this is where the files go.

if you are on windows feel free to ask again, then i can look it up when i get home to my other computer
ciaran78 3:12 PM - 14 June, 2011
thanks for your fast response, it is a mac. I'll give it a shot

thanks

Ciaran
sektorinn 4:21 AM - 30 September, 2011
hey there
i'm stuck in the Preset Editor (step.5) when i try and load either the .xop or .xpp presets i get
"failed to load preset"

.xqp works but it appears to only work with the Otus RAW and trying to get the regular Otus up and running
(then again maybe i'm dumb and might need a more detailed stepbystep setup guide)

thanks
sktr
Mooko 5:54 PM - 16 November, 2011
Quote:
hey there
i'm stuck in the Preset Editor (step.5) when i try and load either the .xop or .xpp presets i get
"failed to load preset"

.xqp works but it appears to only work with the Otus RAW and trying to get the regular Otus up and running
(then again maybe i'm dumb and might need a more detailed stepbystep setup guide)

thanks
sktr

Hi
work perfect on a Mac but I try on a PC (ACER) I have the same problem the mapping work for otus Raw but the XP5/XP10 & OTUS don't work.......
DeezNotes 3:14 PM - 13 January, 2012
do want
mayaku 3:30 PM - 25 July, 2012
Quote:

Hi
work perfect on a Mac but I try on a PC (ACER) I have the same problem the mapping work for otus Raw but the XP5/XP10 & OTUS don't work.......

Same here, i e-mailed to eks and they replied, that they're working on this asap.
Actually there's a trick of using an older version of the midi-agent. Worked fine.
Also, if anybody's interessted, the mapping is still available here: data.rane-dj.de
(Since radikarls website seems to be down? :( ???)

So.. I was thinking about the LED movement of the OTUS (its working in Traktor using the Beat Phase Monitor MidiCommand) using the MIDI-Beat-Clock of the Sixty-Two. I'm not quite sure if this is possible, but I want to give it a try. So... Any suggestions about that?
Master Mario 11:05 PM - 17 August, 2012
Do Somebody has the good manual for complete MIDI control for EKS OTUS RAW (or else)?

I think that it is necessary to make new mapping because "scratch" function not always works correctly, and backspin via the button is a horror. I tryed to make backspin without it, but it works one of two times.
mrkk 7:47 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Hi

Same here, i e-mailed to eks and they replied, that they're working on this asap.
Actually there's a trick of using an older version of the midi-agent. Worked fine.
Also, if anybody's interessted, the mapping is still available here: data.rane-dj.de
(Since radikarls website seems to be down? :( ???)

So.. I was thinking about the LED movement of the OTUS (its working in Traktor using the Beat Phase Monitor MidiCommand) using the MIDI-Beat-Clock of the Sixty-Two. I'm not quite sure if this is possible, but I want to give it a try. So... Any suggestions about that?

Did you get any response from EKS? & where can we find the old version of midi agent? On EKS site there is no old version
Destinee One 2:10 PM - 20 December, 2013
Does this mapping work for the SL3?
Destinee One 6:48 PM - 22 April, 2014
so I am trying to install the drivers from the EKS website on my MACBOOK… however it hangs at a certain point and just doesn't seem to install.. any help you can provide?
Thanks
Lucas_BCN 10:43 PM - 27 January, 2015
HI, All links seems to be down, does any body got it please?
mayaku 2:20 PM - 16 February, 2015
Quote:
HI, All links seems to be down, does any body got it please?

Sure, still got this one. Its the last release of the mapping.
www.mediafire.com

If you're using the EKS OTUS Raw there is another .XML you have to use. I have to look it up tho.
kafe 10:58 AM - 6 March, 2017
hi there, I'm trying to connect my otus to Serato with no success . can anyone help
Mooko 11:20 AM - 6 March, 2017
Do you use scratch live or serato dj?
kafe 7:33 AM - 7 March, 2017
serato dj and i just got it
Mooko 8:24 AM - 7 March, 2017
Eks work only with scratch live...
kafe 9:31 AM - 7 March, 2017
thanks Mooko for the info
JanP 2:43 PM - 13 October, 2017
Is there any possibility to map the jogwheel in Serato DJ? I can map the play button and so on but not the jogwheel.
I can´t install Scratch Live because i have OS X 10.11.
Mr. Goodkat 8:13 PM - 13 October, 2017
anyone using these still?

does it work with yosemite if so?