Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Make Serato exactly like Traktor

AKIEM 10:54 PM - 26 March, 2011
Seems like a lot of people want Serato to work EXACTLY like Traktor.
yopyop 9:17 AM - 27 March, 2011
ahah you're a funny guy with some big blinkers.
Paco71 3:44 PM - 27 March, 2011
Tell them to buy traktor, why use SERATO ?
AKIEM 3:47 PM - 27 March, 2011
Why should they have to spend more money on Traktor if they already bought Serato?
Thats not fair.
Paco71 3:51 PM - 27 March, 2011
Because SERATO is SERATO and Traktor Is traktor.

It's the same thing if I say "I want an Audi to work EXACTLY like a BMW" it's not make sense....
AKIEM 3:55 PM - 27 March, 2011
nope you are wrong - If I have an Audi with a manual transmission and see how dope BMWs with automatics are I should be able to have Audi replace my transmission with an automatic.
Paco71 4:29 PM - 27 March, 2011
Yep but you cannot have a propulsion (the engine), you will always have a traction, so it will never work EXACTLY the same.

Audi and BMW have two diffrent philosophy you cannot ask the either company to change their mind, it'st the Same between SERATO and NI..
AKIEM 4:33 PM - 27 March, 2011
then Serato should change its philosophy to be EXACTLY like NI so they will be EXACTLY the same, otherwise lots of people are going to switch to Traktor
AKIEM 4:37 PM - 27 March, 2011
Quote:
ahah you're a funny guy with some big blinkers.

blinkers?

hope you mean hahaa funny
AKIEM 4:59 PM - 27 March, 2011
dude - Steve Dolamo gets paid 50k a gig and he uses Traktor, so...
dj_KaSE 5:11 PM - 27 March, 2011
I support Akiem. I don't know why. lol
djpuma_gemini 5:37 PM - 27 March, 2011
serator
trakto

seraktor

let's do it
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:31 PM - 27 March, 2011
I vote for ugly yellow-orange single color waveforms that don't tell me shit about the track
DJMikeT 6:32 PM - 27 March, 2011
Quote:

That has nothing to do with Trakktor, if you have talent it doesn't matter what format you use i.e. CD's, Vinyl, Serato, Trakktor, etc...If you are good and people come to see you play then you can demand more $$$. Look at DeadMau5 he's making a ton because he's really good.

If you're not happy with Serato then go use Trakktor, personally I love the Simplicity of Sertato. Trakktor has way to much clutter on the user interface in my opinion. Plus Serato has the Bridge with Albeton which Trakktor doesn't.

Bottom line is, if you are not happy with it then switch but don't come in here asking Serato to revamp everything to be just like Trakktor.....that's just plain stupidity bro!
DJMikeT 6:36 PM - 27 March, 2011
Quote:
nope you are wrong - If I have an Audi with a manual transmission and see how dope BMWs with automatics are I should be able to have Audi replace my transmission with an automatic.

LOL, are you for real....wake up man!!
AKIEM 7:16 PM - 27 March, 2011
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

That has nothing to do with Trakktor, if you have talent it doesn't matter what format you use i.e. CD's, Vinyl, Serato, Trakktor, etc...If you are good and people come to see you play then you can demand more $$$. Look at DeadMau5 he's making a ton because he's really good.

I bet you dont even know who Steve is. And I bet you would change your tune if you were getting even half what he makes.

And I bet if you ask DeadMau5 if he would want Serato to be EXACTLY like Traktor he would say "yes"

If you're not happy with Serato then go use Trakktor, personally I love the Simplicity of Sertato. Trakktor has way to much clutter on the user interface in my opinion. Plus Serato has the Bridge with Albeton which Trakktor doesn't.

Bottom line is, if you are not happy with it then switch but don't come in here asking Serato to revamp everything to be just like Trakktor.....that's just plain stupidity bro!

WHAT?! bro?

Man, I paid a lot of money for Serato, I should be able to make requests just like everyone else. My request is that they make it EXACTLY like Traktor. Whats wrong with that. Its a legitimate request. If you dont like it - then dont fucking read my suggestions bro.
dj_KaSE 7:27 PM - 27 March, 2011
Just like McDonald's has Chicken McNuggets and Burger King has Chicken Tenders.
Dj Farhan 7:34 PM - 27 March, 2011
they want serato to have a SYNC button so it can be EXACTLY like traktor..;-P
D-Twizzle 8:20 PM - 27 March, 2011
I'm not up to date with traktor, what features does it have that ssl doesn't? I know out doesn't run video.
eder 8:22 PM - 27 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

You're wrong. It has everything to do with Traktor. He makes 50k a night because he uses Traktor. Duh!
eder 8:24 PM - 27 March, 2011
lol @ MikeT liking the "simplicity of serato" and then having his next point be "serato has (insert huge, complex, multi-program & multi-company feature here) and traktor doesn't".

FUCKLOLZ
Bogdan Dobrescu 8:47 PM - 27 March, 2011
Hey guys.

I used serato for a long time and I love the simplicity.

Please tell me one reason why Serato not agreed FLAC support ?!!
eder 9:01 PM - 27 March, 2011
One reason is they didn't want to.
DJMikeT 9:15 PM - 27 March, 2011
Quote:
lol @ MikeT liking the "simplicity of serato" and then having his next point be "serato has (insert huge, complex, multi-program & multi-company feature here) and traktor doesn't".

I was talking about the User Interface having "Simplicity", re-read what I wrote. I never said the program itself was "Simple". Serato is a very advanced program, hence Albeton Bridge and other features.
Bogdan Dobrescu 9:24 PM - 27 March, 2011
Quote:
One reason is they didn't want to.

iTunes use FLAC. Why Serato add Itunes library in last update ?
eder 9:26 PM - 27 March, 2011
semantics
DJMikeT 9:30 PM - 27 March, 2011
Quote:

WHAT?! bro?

Man, I paid a lot of money for Serato, I should be able to make requests just like everyone else. My request is that they make it EXACTLY like Traktor. Whats wrong with that. Its a legitimate request. If you dont like it - then dont fucking read my suggestions bro.

Don't get your panties in a wad, it's a forum and you're going to have opinions you may or may not agree with.

All I'm saying is you're coming in here and asking a company to make their product "Exactly" like their competitors program?

Why would they want to do that?

Competition is what creates advancement in software and in business in general. If it's "ALL THE SAME" nothing will change, be different or advance.

Yes I know Serato is expensive, but you can always sell it for a marginal loss and still get Traktor if that's what you really want.

I seriously doubt Serato is going to waste all their R&D money to make something exactly like their competitor; they will want to make something better. They may incorporate some ideas from them but it will never be the same.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:31 PM - 27 March, 2011
Quote:
I'm not up to date with traktor, what features does it have that ssl doesn't? I know out doesn't run video.

I told you - ugly yellow orange waveforms....

www.skratchworx.com

and buttons - lots and lots of buttons.... (plus knobs)
Bogdan Dobrescu 9:37 PM - 27 March, 2011
no Traktor ..)) I prefer to convert all FLAc file in WAV's but ....no Traktor ..very ugly ..))
DJMikeT 9:42 PM - 27 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I told you - ugly yellow orange waveforms....

www.skratchworx.com

and buttons - lots and lots of buttons.... (plus knobs)

Agreed, freaking overkill of knobs, and buttons. Horrible user interface layout in my opinion. I played around with Traktor and it was just to much crap to look at all the time, Serato has a much smoother and natural feel to it.
AKIEM 2:29 AM - 28 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

WHAT?! bro?

Don't get your panties in a wad, it's a forum and you're going to have opinions you may or may not agree with.

All I'm saying is you're coming in here and asking a company to make their product "Exactly" like their competitors program?

If they made it EXACTLY the same, no one would leave Serato - a little something in the industry known as "costumer retention" - look it up and learn something my friend.

Quote:

Competition is what creates advancement in software and in business in general. If it's "ALL THE SAME" nothing will change, be different or advance.

Um no, advancement is caused by the application innovative thinking. And the drive and desire to stay ahead. You think crappy movies is caused by bootlegging? If someone comes out with EXACTLY the same product it does not make the originator stall - if anything it makes the originator work even harder to distance themselves from the copier. If they made Serato EXACTLY like Traktor all the NI people wont just quit development - if anything they will strive even harder to pull ahead again. My hope is that Serato would copy Traktor EXACTLY (catching up) then move ahead of Traktor.

Quote:

Yes I know Serato is expensive, but you can always sell it for a marginal loss and still get Traktor if that's what you really want.

But I dont want Traktor - I want Serato EXACTLY like Traktor!

Quote:

I seriously doubt Serato is going to waste all their R&D money to make something exactly like their competitor; they will want to make something better. They may incorporate some ideas from them but it will never be the same.

Um, how can they be 'better' if they arnt the same first? Dont they have to get on the same lavel first before they can pass?

wow - is it that difficult?
dj pesh 8:23 PM - 28 March, 2011
I can see and understand both points but I'm a video dj and scratch live does this best, Traktor doesn't do shit.
For my purpose of how I use videos to play music, Serato Scratch Live will never be beaten and it is the best program out of them all.
I understand they don't always add features people request but they should explain why. I want Pitch offset for turntables but it's not been implemented but I get free updates all the time, I get the best customer service help for whenever I have problems, and I get a very stable program that runs videos for 8 hours nonstop.
Scratch Live is the ideal program for Video Djs like me and Traktor doesn't have this so I will like Serato Scratch Live to stay just as it is.
DJMikeT 12:20 AM - 29 March, 2011
Not going to waste anymore energy arguing with an uneducated, moronic individual such as AKIEM, it's clear that he's an avid NI supporter and here to just stir up shit.

Freedom of choice and opinions can be debated here all day long, damn sure not worth the effort and my time. I made my point and will sleep better knowing that he'll never get what he wants from Serato, lol!
DJMikeT 12:53 AM - 29 March, 2011
Quote:

Quote:

If they made it EXACTLY the same, no one would leave Serato - a little something in the industry known as "costumer retention" - look it up and learn something my friend.

Sorry, I searched hi and lo and could not find any information on "costumer retention".

Maybe it's a Halloween thing? Relating to costumes?

How about you go back to school and learn how to spell or at the very least use the spell check feature of this forum you illiterate moron.
AKIEM 7:03 AM - 29 March, 2011
DJMikeT, when you resort to correcting grammer and typos, making petty insults and name calling it pretty much means that your argument has fallen apart.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out my typo (even tho proving your opponents spelling sucks has been played out for quite a while now) I will return the favor by doing the search for you. I guess since it was too challenging for you to figure out what I meant to type.
en.wikipedia.org

Quote:

Not going to waste anymore energy arguing with an uneducated, moronic individual such as AKIEM, it's clear that he's an avid NI supporter and here to just stir up shit.

Whats interesting is that YOU have only shown up here recently, I have been here for years - If someones purpose here is stirring up shit - it must be you.
eder 7:15 AM - 29 March, 2011
MikeT likes to play with doo doo.
serkan 2:53 PM - 29 March, 2011
And I thought the "SYNC Button" topic was annoying.
serato.com
dftt
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:15 PM - 29 March, 2011
DJMikeT, keep the name calling out of your comments please.
AKIEM 9:36 PM - 29 March, 2011
ChrisD, thanks for agreeing with me about making Serato EXACTLY like Traktor - I appreciate your support.
Laz219 11:37 PM - 29 March, 2011
Nice work Akiem.
Paco71 8:31 AM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:
ChrisD, thanks for agreeing with me about making Serato EXACTLY like Traktor - I appreciate your support.

I don't see were Chris said that...
AKIEM 8:55 AM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

yeah, I said that - you are quoting me
DjTom-i 9:57 AM - 30 March, 2011
hi ladies,

to be honest i have really thought about the point about having this or that feature or not to have it.

but there is one big point to have a look at: there is a demand for features and all those customers that dont get this "really basic" features feel pissed.

i do spin vinyl since 1990 an have begun in a time there were no cds or laptops...

but now today we are in 2011.

personally i will wait one or two months and then have a look at other solutions on the market if the support here stays as bad as i feel it now.

its very simple: useres request features that are "standard" on other platforms. if a company does not satisfy customers they will go to a place where they get needed features.

as i have seen the most requested features seem not to be impossible to develop.

i do not know which feature useres request that other software, that mainly is way cheaper than this stuff here, does not have...

support we need you and we need those missing standard features!

and please do not argument with: we have this and that bug to fix... if this is real you have not done your homework and the customer is your test lab!

my2cents
Paco71 10:12 AM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I am quoting you because you said something false...

Paco71 10:13 AM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Sorry, I'm quoting you because you said something false. Read Crhis poste again ;)
AKIEM 5:17 PM - 30 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am quoting you because you said something false...

Thats what I just said - now you are mocking me?
And what Im I saying thats false?
wow - a fella cant have an opinion?
eder 2:52 AM - 31 March, 2011
Quote:
hi ladies,

to be honest i have really thought about the point about having this or that feature or not to have it.

but there is one big point to have a look at: there is a demand for features and all those customers that dont get this "really basic" features feel pissed.

i do spin vinyl since 1990 an have begun in a time there were no cds or laptops...

but now today we are in 2011.

personally i will wait one or two months and then have a look at other solutions on the market if the support here stays as bad as i feel it now.

its very simple: useres request features that are "standard" on other platforms. if a company does not satisfy customers they will go to a place where they get needed features.

as i have seen the most requested features seem not to be impossible to develop.

i do not know which feature useres request that other software, that mainly is way cheaper than this stuff here, does not have...

support we need you and we need those missing standard features!

and please do not argument with: we have this and that bug to fix... if this is real you have not done your homework and the customer is your test lab!

my2cents

We're not asking for more features. We just want it to be exactly the same as Traktor
AKIEM 4:11 AM - 31 March, 2011
yeah

I am pretty sure they see the logic now. I fully expect to see this by the next update. Maybe not quite EXACTLY, but close enough.

YES!
Mchesnoff 5:27 AM - 31 March, 2011
How about we just solve all this...

Just go to Traktor. Simple as that

Traktor 2 has colored waveforms now so what else do you need.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:40 AM - 31 March, 2011
Quote:

See - it's getting closer!
eder 5:50 AM - 31 March, 2011
Quote:
How about we just solve all this...

Just go to Traktor. Simple as that

You obviously don't understand the potential of what could be serato scratch live.
AKIEM 12:12 PM - 31 March, 2011
who the hell wants to use Traktor?
Maybe if I went back to playing Disco at mens clubs or whatever.
thebuttonfreak 7:44 PM - 31 March, 2011
With every upgrade Serato makes itself more like Traktor. I wonder why/
serkan 7:58 PM - 31 March, 2011
Quote:

You obviously don't understand the potential of what could be serato scratch live.

You obviously don't understand the potential of what could be traktor scratch pro.

What about makin TSP _EXACTLY_ like SL?

- add video
- remove most ugly and overloaded GUI
- remove unnecessary setups
- remove autowhatever & FLAC support
- stop charging for almost every update

That would be king :)
AKIEM 2:59 AM - 1 April, 2011
I have a feeling that new Serato logo means this is going to happen soon!
DJ P Jay 10:54 AM - 1 April, 2011
So Amkiem, I'm pretty curious what you love about Traktor. I've got a DJ Shop in Belgium and got customers with Traktor and others with Serato.

Yesterday we took a look, a customer of me brought his S4 with traktor and I showed serato and the short conclusion: everything we found Traktor can do, Serato does better/faster/easier. So I really want to know what you need.
thebuttonfreak 3:03 PM - 1 April, 2011
Traktor has an internal mixer!
AKIEM 4:36 PM - 1 April, 2011
Quote:
So Amkiem, I'm pretty curious what you love about Traktor. I've got a DJ Shop in Belgium and got customers with Traktor and others with Serato.

Yesterday we took a look, a customer of me brought his S4 with traktor and I showed serato and the short conclusion: everything we found Traktor can do, Serato does better/faster/easier. So I really want to know what you need.

Are you talking to me?
DJMartin 5:29 PM - 1 April, 2011
Yeah, and I want a PC that works exactly like an apple :))))
please please pleassssse... XD
serkan 5:30 PM - 1 April, 2011
This is getting ridiculous...
Is there a LITTLE chance this thread may be ironic? ;)
Damn, some people reeeeeaaally have a loooooong line!
dj pesh 6:09 PM - 1 April, 2011
Just seen this about a new mixer, Pioneer DJM-T1

forums.pioneerdj.com
credentia1 1:36 AM - 4 April, 2011
another plus one for traktor, really waiting for some big announcements from serato HOPEFULLLLY
CMOS 6:01 PM - 4 April, 2011
Can they also implement the software change that free's up creativity. It seems all the other software out there "allows people to be more creative". Why doesnt serato have this feature.
serkan 8:13 AM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Can they also implement the software change that free's up creativity. It seems all the other software out there "allows people to be more creative". Why doesnt serato have this feature.

Just tested the creativity-button in TSP2 demo but the function is only available for registered users... That sucks. I don't earn money with DJing because I'm not creative. But I need money to buy the Traktor software and to be creative ;)
AKIEM 2:25 AM - 7 April, 2011
I can't wait!
The SL2 pretty much proves they are working on it.
WarpNote 10:24 AM - 7 April, 2011
HAHA I nominate this to thread of the year 2011.
Akiem, very entertaining indeed!
serkan 1:55 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:

I can't wait!
The SL2 pretty much proves they are working on it.

It does, does it?
Quote:

Akiem, very entertaining indeed!

Indeeeeedio :)
AKIEM 6:09 PM - 7 April, 2011
what?!
skinnyguy 6:36 PM - 7 April, 2011
so when you say "serato", does that include itch too?
AKIEM 6:42 PM - 7 April, 2011
dude I am not hear to play word games - its all about getting what us DJs need!
eder 9:22 PM - 7 April, 2011
All these yip yaps are fretting over semantics. Rule 1: Don't Trip. Rule 2: Make Serato like Traktor.
DJ ChuckSun 10:14 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Just seen this about a new mixer, Pioneer DJM-T1

forums.pioneerdj.com

Here's the release update:
www.pioneer.eu

It seems like NI is trying to model Rane's TTM-57SL here...

TBH, I just trust Serato-- their software has been incredibly reliable for me, easy to setup and learn to use, and customer service seems pretty good. That said, Traktor may be good for some styles of DJing-- DJ Rafik, DJ Shiftee both had some dope demonstration sets using Traktor. I like how Serato is simple, but we shall see where they take it
Hey-B 11:43 PM - 8 April, 2011
Cool, so you like Traktor. Go buy it and let Serato be. I enjoy having an option (especially since that option is widely used in the US)... I'm ok with that.
AKIEM 12:30 AM - 9 April, 2011
eder 12:30 AM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:
Cool, so you like Traktor. Go buy it and let Serato be. I enjoy having an option (especially since that option is widely used in the US)... I'm ok with that.

Yet someone else who doesn't understand. Why go buy another hardware when it's the software that just needs to be tweaked. Is it really that much to ask for?
thebuttonfreak 3:37 AM - 9 April, 2011
Gay jokes are lame. It's 2011, get over it.

Quote:
AKIEM 8:22 AM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:

thats what she said
eder 8:52 AM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

thats what she said

Put it in his or her butt
Hey-B 9:30 AM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Yet someone else who doesn't understand. Why go buy another hardware when it's the software that just needs to be tweaked. Is it really that much to ask for?

yeah, its called companies, products, and marketing you dolt.
AKIEM 3:18 PM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

u mad?
Hey-B 9:24 PM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

u mad?

u trollin'? lol nerd.
eder 10:10 PM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

it's called you simply don't understand the magnitude of the greatness this would bring about. If you are uneducated on the subject, please stay out.
AKIEM 11:40 PM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

u mad?

u trollin'? lol nerd.

oh you got me! wow
Hey-B 1:36 AM - 10 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

it's called you simply don't understand the magnitude of the greatness this would bring about. If you are uneducated on the subject, please stay out.

Your thinking doesn't deserve a legit response.

pzpzpz
eder 7:12 AM - 10 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

pzpzpz

There are some people who understand and some who don't. It's okay that you fall into the second category...I don't hold that against you at all.
DJMikeT 7:15 AM - 10 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

pzpzpz

Give it up Hey-B, it's a losing proposition to argue with AKIEM and Eder they are right and everyone is wrong, but I totally agree with you. His thinking doesn't deserve a response. He's just here to see how far this thread with go. It's rather comical now!!
eder 7:17 AM - 10 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

pzpzpz

Give it up Hey-B, it's a losing proposition to argue with AKIEM and Eder they are right and everyone is wrong

I'm glad you finally understand what we're advocating for! Thanks!
WarpNote 9:37 AM - 10 April, 2011
Quote:
... I nominate this to thread of the year 2011....

+1
AKIEM 4:53 PM - 10 April, 2011
DJMikeT - its good to finally have your support in advocating that they make Serato EXACTLY like Traktor.

Hey-Bi - thanks for the legit response!
Hey-B 8:28 PM - 11 April, 2011
I'm fairly certain your mother dropped you on the head as a child.
yopyop 8:44 PM - 11 April, 2011
I have a better request :
Make itch exacly like ssl,
damn you just have to add autosync to ssl and you got it ;)
AKIEM 2:10 AM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:
I'm fairly certain your mother dropped you on the head as a child.

Hey-Bi, who are you talking to?
eder 2:25 AM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:
I have a better request :
Make itch exacly like ssl,
damn you just have to add autosync to ssl and you got it ;)

You're getting close, but think of the BIG PICTURE.
credentia1 4:27 AM - 12 April, 2011
i like turtles
credentia1 4:29 AM - 12 April, 2011
make itch ssl and sll itch and remove controller restrictions and make it under $99 and give me free limited edition vinyls and add flac and make it like traktor
serkan 8:29 AM - 12 April, 2011
...but good :)
DJMikeT 7:18 AM - 13 April, 2011
Make Traktor EXACTLY like Serato and then we can all get along!
AKIEM 5:25 PM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:
Make Traktor EXACTLY like Serato and then we can all get along!

wrong forum dude
eder 5:41 PM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:
Make Serato EXACTLY like Traktor and then we can all get along!

I fixed it for you. No need to thank me, just lending a helping hand to those in need.
DJMikeT 1:59 AM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Make Serato EXACTLY like Traktor and then we can all get along!

I fixed it for you. No need to thank me, just lending a helping hand to those in need.

Thank god, I hated the way Traktor looked, I bet it's pretty now huh?
nik39 5:45 PM - 24 April, 2011
Quote:
WHAT?! bro?

Man, I paid a lot of money for Serato, I should be able to make requests just like everyone else. My request is that they make it EXACTLY like Traktor. Whats wrong with that. Its a legitimate request.

+1!

One of the best threads for a long time ;)
benictrs 11:15 AM - 25 April, 2011
Good point nik39 ;)
Wouldnt want the gui from traktor but deffinetly wanting the flac suport , midi out , sample banks with sync , better efects , even sync beetwen the decks when using the 68 or the sl4 , let's move forward not stagnate daydreaming about the good old days . . . .
vinylmanipulator 11:52 PM - 25 April, 2011
+1 on the efx......gater, ping pong delay....or just an auto panning effect so we can build efx like ableton's "fade to grey"......would be nice to see the efx and recording light as well.....or just add a shortcut for the 57 from the main group screen and maybe add an efx tab to j2 to allow easy access and not have to use the keyboard.....maybe use the last empty slot for the ableton tab? Just saying.......
jepe 5:12 PM - 26 April, 2011
Quote:
Good point nik39 ;)
Wouldnt want the gui from traktor but deffinetly wanting the flac suport , midi out , sample banks with sync , better efects , even sync beetwen the decks when using the 68 or the sl4 , let's move forward not stagnate daydreaming about the good old days . . . .

true!
Dj.Fusion 10:15 AM - 11 June, 2011
A limiter for the efx would also be handy. Some better overviews as well. So much wasted space on the gui.
Vicious Vibes 7:27 PM - 18 June, 2011
Quote:
Good point nik39 ;)

people forget what serato was first implemented for... for people from VINYL backgrounds this is the reason for the simplicity i dont want built in effects, thats what have a mixers for!!!, no auto sync on any level, EVER!! if you good at what you do then you shouldnt need any of these features, all i ever wanted and NEED from serato is to give me exact vinyl reproduction for 3 turntables, the rest is down to how i implenment and create the mix, if you want all these toyish features than go get traktor. i love serato for what it is and the more they add the more im guna have to bite the bullet and go back to the old skool serato is industy standard for a reason and if they change that pattern then the futures bleak for what a disc jockying is all about.. talent and creativeness... and if you disagree with that then just go look at what beat jugglers can do WITHOUT any kind of program!!

sorry for the rant but people always want more, but 90% of them cant even use the basics to its full potential!!
AKIEM 7:32 PM - 18 June, 2011
Vicious Vibes - everything you are saying makes perfect sense!
(too bad Serato has more then one customer)
Vicious Vibes 7:57 PM - 18 June, 2011
yes thats very true, but why is it that serato is industry standard (in most countrys) is for the fact that it still allows talent to take centre stage, not the mashing up of music with auto sync and unrealistic DIGITAL effects (just another dig and traktor) lol if people took the time to really understand and thought about music on the most basics of levels then the posibiltys are endless without the aid of all these features.. it makes me laugh that people are banging on about traktors effects and how good they are but the fact is there are DIGITAL effects and people dont actualy realise that, thats not a good thing digital is very restricive for the fact that once the BIT rate has run out it cant go no further, get a decent outboard mixer to that job and the end result would be on diffrent level... for all users with serato you should jus look at it, that the program is there purely to get the music to your finger tips and let your intruitian and creativeness do the rest.

Thats my 2 pence "ne-ways"...
DJMikeT 4:53 PM - 19 June, 2011
Very well said Vicious Vibes I couldn't agree more!
djjoefresh 4:30 AM - 20 June, 2011
Quote:
Very well said Vicious Vibes I couldn't agree more!

+1
eder 10:00 AM - 21 June, 2011
I'm so glad we have so much support for this! Keep it up guys!
AKIEM 4:25 AM - 23 June, 2011
Vicious Vibes - the real question is why is Traktor GAINING on the 'industry standard'? Serato my have more costomers at the moment, but more djs are choosing Traktor. The ONLY solution is for Serato to make itself exactly like Traktor. That way djs who would have chosen Traktor would choose Serato instead because it is the industry standard. It will be too late once Traktor becomes the industry standard.
benictrs 4:50 AM - 23 June, 2011
@ Akiem do not take this the wrong way but who the f#ck says that serato is "industry standard" (excluding here the guys from serato:))???????? i would be willing to place a bet if somewhone would be able to count the serato users and the traktor users worldwide(those who have actualy have bought the software and didnt downloaded a pirated vers from the torents) that traktor would win definetly , where i live 99,99% of the dj's use traktor, as i'm convinced that where you live prehaps 99,99% of dj's use serato this is irelevant you must look at the bigger picture the worldwide one , and i bet that when you would see the worldwide numbers in sales and in number of users serato is definetly not nr.1 definetly not in nr of users and regarding the price diference (serato definetly more expensive then traktor) for shure isn't enogh to compensate the number of traktor users in order that serato would have bigger incomes dispite the smoller number of users .
Here where i live just me and some friends are using serato and the only reason is "video" this is the only thing that serato still haves over traktor , i'm shure of a thing , if traktor would implement video we would all jump ship without second thoughts , . . . . ,
benictrs 5:00 AM - 23 June, 2011
i forgot to mention in my previous post that even when it comes to video "serato" has lost the upper hand and the advange of the almoust uniq feature(i dont count virtual dj becouse that one is truly beneath even video sl) against a 3rd party developer(inkleen) neglecting their product and failing to bring their product to the level of the competition and losing this fight too(adleast in my opinion). pretty sad if you think aboutit this way :(

p.s. sorry for the bad english but hope you could understand me:)
AKIEM 5:09 AM - 23 June, 2011
benictrs, your English is not that great so I'm not too sure what the fuck you are talking about (no offense)
eder 11:41 AM - 23 June, 2011
Akiem, I think he is sponsored by Shure.
nik39 11:51 AM - 23 June, 2011
Shure shot.
Dj Wunder 8:52 AM - 11 July, 2011
You've all just been punked
DJMikeT 8:50 AM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
benictrs, your English is not that great so I'm not too sure what the fuck you are talking about (no offense)

For once, I actually agree with you. LOL
WhattaMac 7:50 AM - 24 August, 2011
IMO:
Traktor = Primarily used by Electronic Dance Music DJ's who most likely do so for the effects that it has to offer.

Pros: Lots of effects, (4)decks on screen (before ssl 2.0) Lots of control surface options, Maschine support.

Cons: Horrible screen layout (btw:make Traktor EXACTLY like SERATO), no Video support/play capable, short of M-Audio the WORST customer service in the industry (make Native Instruments EXACTLY like RANE!) Oh yeah, be sure to charge for every update... (No Thanks Native!)

Scratch Live = Primarily used (but not limited to) by Hip Hop DJ's who like to have a lot of control features.

Pros: Free updates ALWAYS! Excellent screen layout options, Video play support, Ableton Bridge Support, high quality Rane hardware (Native should be EXACTLY like RANE - but NEVER will be) Excellent customer support (Chad, Zach, etc will spend as much time on the phone with you as you need.) Try that with Native.... LOL

Cons: Less built in effects, no Maschine support but Ableton helps, a little more CPU intensive..VSL

For me I prefer Scratch Live and personally don't want it to even RESEMBLE, even remotely, Traktor. Especially their GUI... Forget it..or the Customer Service...Will never even come close..

Besides: History point - Traktor started as Stanton Final Scratch, it was first famously used by a UK EDM DJ - Ritchie Hawtin (EDM DJ's were the first to adopt DVS and probably why it's still more popular with that genre) . Traktor (AKA -Final Scratch) was around BEFORE Serato Scratch Live and to AKEIM, both were available at the time you originally bought Serato and invested "all that money" in ANY DVS system.

Let me guess you didn't try both before dropping the cash?

You had a choice, its not permanent tho u can always sell your Scratch Live hardware (for slightly less than you paid for it) and go buy the thing that is EXACTLY Traktor. :-)
WhattaMac 7:58 AM - 24 August, 2011
Quote:
Vicious Vibes - the real question is why is Traktor GAINING on the 'industry standard'? Serato my have more costomers at the moment, but more djs are choosing Traktor. The ONLY solution is for Serato to make itself exactly like Traktor. That way djs who would have chosen Traktor would choose Serato instead because it is the industry standard. It will be too late once Traktor becomes the industry standard.

Ummm, Traktor came out before Serato, wouldnt it be more like -Traktor is FINALLY starting to catch up with Serato? Btw: They have a LONG way to go... See reasons above..

Btw: Do you work for Native Instruments?
Boing 10:17 AM - 25 August, 2011
I love using Serato but I would like it to also have a 'Sync' option a bit Traktor...

Will this ever happen?????
DJ Stoyvo 12:55 PM - 25 August, 2011
Quote:

Seriously? The industry standard is 2x Tech sl-1200s or 2x CDJ-1000/2000s. Whatever you play with doesnt fucking matter
Evon 5:54 PM - 27 August, 2011
Quote:
Cons: Horrible screen layout (btw:make Traktor EXACTLY like SERATO), no Video support/play capable, short of M-Audio the WORST customer service in the industry (make Native Instruments EXACTLY like RANE!) Oh yeah, be sure to charge for every update... (No Thanks Native!)

Horrible screen layout? Depends on taste really, and what you are used to.
I also predict that Serato will charge for updates in the future. It makes sense for business.

Quote:
Scratch Live = Primarily used (but not limited to) by Hip Hop DJ's who like to have a lot of control features.

What extra control do you gain, that Traktor doesn´t have?
Dj Wunder 7:09 PM - 27 August, 2011
Quote:
I also predict that Serato will charge for updates in the future. It makes sense for business.

To be honest I wouldn't mind paying to upgrade to 3.0 if it meant I wouldn't have to sweat before each gig...
WhattaMac 11:39 PM - 28 January, 2012
Quote:
Horrible screen layout? Depends on taste really, and what you are used to.

Having the tracks in four boxes with the waveforms in those boxes is garbage, no matter of "what you are used to". Even Itch and VDJ have better layouts than Traktor...
Traktor has better effects, better (more confusing" midi mapping, and Machine support.. Bottom line: If you are more of a "live music producer/performer" than party rock dj - Traktor is your software.
Oh wait, Scratchlive supports "The Bridge" for Ableton - Live music production/performer - Hello..

Btw; The extra control that Traktor doesn't have - how about Video Mixing?
WhattaMac 11:41 PM - 28 January, 2012
Oh and they haven't charged for an upgrade for what like 8 years now... But I am sure they will start soon tho.. ::rolleyes:
DJ Unique 5:17 AM - 29 January, 2012
I don't want Serato to be just like Traktor.
If that happened then I'd have to pay for upgrades.
shadow23 5:44 AM - 29 January, 2012
Settle down all of you. Serato is great and so is Traktor. It comes down to personal taste. I have both and Serato has features that Traktor doesn't and vice versa.

They are both good systems. Yes I might be a fool for buying the SL4 but I've been using Traktor for the last 2 or 3 years and wanted to try SSL.

Honestly I can say they are both great. It's funny when I hear Traktor users saying the exact same thing "why can't Traktor be like Serato".
serkan 8:12 PM - 30 January, 2012
Traktor vs. SL is always a drawn - it depends on what you want from a DVS which is different for everyone.

Except for support!

Serato/Rane
- pro: support, support, and support

Native Instruments
- con: support, support, and (of course) support
Dj JesC 9:07 PM - 30 January, 2012
to OP, short reply. No, and Im a former Traktor user since 2003. I recently defected to NK, I mean Rane & SSL. SSL & Itch are straight foward program, plug and play.
dj_soo 6:46 AM - 9 March, 2012
omg, how did i miss this thread...

priceless troll job...
eder 7:15 AM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
omg, how did i miss this thread...

priceless troll job...

You are confused, sir. This is a real request that would make life easier for all. This is a priceless troll: images1.fanpop.com
WarpNote 7:45 AM - 9 March, 2012
For all you friendly Trolls,
here's the priceless feature you've been waiting for.
> www.imdb.com

Far as I know, the US version is in the making...
(ex collegue of mine was VFX supervisor on this)
dj_soo 7:50 AM - 9 March, 2012
i've been meaning to watch that film - heard it was really cool...
WarpNote 7:52 AM - 9 March, 2012
Highly recommended :)
PorkyG 8:20 PM - 9 March, 2012
LOL I read troll on the first post, it was amazing how many people didn't catch onto it. I was laughing harder with every post.
WarpNote 7:10 AM - 10 April, 2012
Maybe rename this thread: "Make SV exactly like ME" ?
AKIEM 2:47 PM - 10 April, 2012
If they do that, then there is no excuse for not making Serato EXACTLY like Traktor too!
tommy kesh 2:57 PM - 10 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

DeadMau5 is NOT A DJ (no disrespect to Live Artists)
Disc Jokey what disc the installer cd may bee ?
tommy kesh 2:59 PM - 10 April, 2012
If you start making serato more like traktor please leave the cop out SYNK button out.
ELDJCOWBOY 4:49 AM - 11 April, 2012
dude u make no scence stop crying abut serato being like traktor thats deft the last thing we want use real djs dont want that capy looking software nore those wak fx they have we happy with serato that way it its it feels real it feels like we still using cdjs or vinyl so please delete this whole request u are a weirdo talking about audi getting a bmw transmition man audi is gonna crse u out and say fuc...k o...f go buy a bmw
AKIEM 6:21 AM - 11 April, 2012
I doubt anyone from Audi would cuss me out.
Dax 5:16 PM - 11 April, 2012
for fuck sake how cares what DVS your rocking the party with,oh and we all sound shit as we use MP3's you can't polish a turd)

Akiem sounds like you made the wrong purchase,why not just sell your SSL and get Traktor ?
AKIEM 5:25 PM - 11 April, 2012
because I use Serato
WarpNote 5:26 PM - 11 April, 2012
I "love" how this thread is back to life ;)
AKIEM 6:01 PM - 11 April, 2012
back to life, back to reality
WarpNote 6:05 PM - 11 April, 2012
eder 9:42 PM - 11 April, 2012
wait why are we talking about cars? ELDJCOWBOY we're talking about DJ programs here. The car talk isn't here.

And dax, it's really not that hard of a request to implement.
AKIEM 11:28 PM - 11 April, 2012

I was watching that video pretty close, and could not tell if they were using Serato or Traktor?
any guess?
WarpNote 12:20 AM - 12 April, 2012
That's for me to know and everyone else to find out. I think the answer will be obvious with some proper A/B testing though > Watchwww.youtube.com
AKIEM 12:32 AM - 12 April, 2012
Yes, I hope that dude can do the test for us, that would be assome.
What was that record player he has in the back room? that shit looks dope as hell.
WarpNote 1:17 AM - 12 April, 2012
Oh that's the new all new analog/digital 32 bit floating point Technics 1201/1211 HID deck. Comes with all major DVS built in.
AKIEM 1:23 AM - 12 April, 2012
bad ass.
so it has Serato and Traktor built in?
I got to get one of those. Then all I need is Serato to be made EXACTLY like Traktor!
WarpNote 1:27 AM - 12 April, 2012
Both, Traktor with Serato skin and vice versa too, but the mspinky.com feature is the best.
AKIEM 1:50 AM - 12 April, 2012
Yeah, with the skins it would be close..... close....
But Im talking EXACT!
WarpNote 1:54 AM - 12 April, 2012
Remember they also make traktor labels for your precious serato ltd pressings. I heard A-Trak is using the running man picture disk with Traktor label to EXACT precision.
AKIEM 2:05 AM - 12 April, 2012
I love EXACT!
WarpNote 2:11 AM - 12 April, 2012
AKIEM 2:54 AM - 12 April, 2012

nice only he dont tell us what an EXACT equation is, just some intuition

how about this?
Watchwww.youtube.com
WarpNote 8:08 AM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
how about this?
Watchwww.youtube.com

Now, that's a guy that should be coding for Serato.
nik39 11:44 PM - 14 January, 2013
AKIEM for president ;)
AKIEM 12:30 AM - 15 January, 2013
;)
DjBLiZ 7:09 PM - 1 February, 2013
Quote:
Why should they have to spend more money on Traktor if they already bought Serato?
Thats not fair.

Quote:
then Serato should change its philosophy to be EXACTLY like NI so they will be EXACTLY the same, otherwise lots of people are going to switch to Traktor

I didnt read all of the posts, but i want to ask. if you want Serato to be like Traktor, why didnt you just buy Traktor to strart with?
DjBLiZ 7:10 PM - 1 February, 2013
that last post was for - AKIEM ^^^^
AKIEM 8:13 PM - 1 February, 2013
Quote:
that last post was for - AKIEM ^^^^

duh, (I know you think you got me there) Because Serato is the Industry Standard!!!
DjBLiZ 9:47 PM - 1 February, 2013
im not trying to get you anything. i just wanted to ask. thanks...
AKIEM 9:48 PM - 1 February, 2013
Quote:
im not trying to get you anything. i just wanted to ask. thanks...

ah, ok. you never know these days what kind of tricks are being tried
DjBLiZ 9:50 PM - 1 February, 2013
lol did the question sound like a setup? lol
AKIEM 10:12 PM - 1 February, 2013
everything is a setup
break down
and setup again.
Devon Sūn (孫) 3:57 AM - 18 April, 2013
Fuck making Serato like Traktor, why not make them both EXACTLY like VDJ ;)
eder 4:03 AM - 18 April, 2013
If you would like to start your own feature request, please start your own thread. This is for making Serato exactly like Tractor. Thank you.
AKIEM 6:13 AM - 18 April, 2013
Lol
WarpNote 6:15 AM - 19 April, 2013
Although not stated explicitly, remember, this feature request is for ALL serato software, ie SDJ, ITCH, SSL etc...
serkan 9:05 AM - 19 April, 2013
Damn. I thought it was like:
Make the company (Serato) like a software product (Traktor).
Gonna re-read the whole thread now as I never got it's point...
BERTO 4:02 PM - 29 April, 2013
Quote:
Damn. I thought it was like:
Make the company (Serato) like a software product (Traktor).
Gonna re-read the whole thread now as I never got it's point...

Oh stop u know serato is scratchlive (eastcoast)
serkan 6:04 PM - 29 April, 2013
Knowing what people mean doesn't make it right :)
BERTO 6:50 PM - 29 April, 2013
Quote:
Knowing what people mean doesn't make it right :)

True but its like saying "mac" there are pros macbook pros imacs but everyone knows they are apple.
BERTO 6:51 PM - 29 April, 2013
Alot of big brands' products become the name of the brand if they are awesome enough chapstic, kleenex ect
Dj D.ONE 11:45 AM - 16 May, 2013
Traktor is wining feature-wise.. by a long shot. Back in the day serato was investing more in SSL now they just want to make software for midi controlers.