DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pauly D on Power 106 this weekend

jwagner 7:03 AM - 3 March, 2011
Let me preface this by saying hating on Pauly D is so last decade.

Heard him on the way home from spinning on power 106 say hes going to be doing a mix Friday Saturday and Sunday at 5pm western time. Power106.com has a live stream...who knows maybe he's improved?
RAYSH 11:09 AM - 3 March, 2011
ok, im all for people doing their best and succcess etc, but when it comes to pauly d playing on power 106, that shit is wack - only people with REAL skills should go on air especially on power 106
RogerRabbit 3:13 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
ok, im all for people doing their best and succcess etc, but when it comes to pauly d playing on power 106, that shit is wack - only people with REAL skills should go on air especially on power 106

jbnyc 3:58 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:

You are soooo yesterday! Lol
jwagner 4:04 PM - 3 March, 2011
so 2000 and late
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:13 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:

it really sucks that DJing is a natural gift your born with and not something you can pratice and inprove on. Imagine how great this game would be if you were able to practice, gain experience, and it would make you better. What a world what a world it would be
DJ Sniffles 4:20 PM - 3 March, 2011
One word..... Ratings!

Get that money Pauly!!!! I know I would.
DJ Prinvale` 4:27 PM - 3 March, 2011
IB 4 songs, all party breaks and with 7, three minutes song samples inside each of them.
Audio1 4:32 PM - 3 March, 2011
GOPDNA

GET
OFF
PAULY
D'Z
NUTS
ALREADY
DJ Prinvale` 4:38 PM - 3 March, 2011
period exclamation point period exclamation point
Dysquo 4:55 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
GOPDNA

GET
OFF
PAULY
D'Z
NUTS
ALREADY

It would be dope if he got that shirt made!
DJ Schematic 5:10 PM - 3 March, 2011
If you guys do tune in to Power106 this weekend, tune in at 7pm-9pm on Sunday. They are trying out 16-year old DJ Epic 12 on-air. This kid has a long and successful career ahead of him if he keeps it up!
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
RAYSH 5:18 PM - 3 March, 2011
^kid has some skils
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:16 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

GOPDNA

GET
OFF
PAULY
D'Z
NUTS
ALREADY

It would be dope if he got that shirt made!

you obviously missed the point
jevo9 6:44 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
If you guys do tune in to Power106 this weekend, tune in at 7pm-9pm on Sunday. They are trying out 16-year old DJ Epic 12 on-air. This kid has a long and successful career ahead of him if he keeps it up!
Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

are they just trying out new djs then? kids good
DJ Schematic 6:46 PM - 3 March, 2011
well, not just anybody. but you can always send in a mix to felli-fel.
jevo9 6:59 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
well, not just anybody. but you can always send in a mix to felli-fel.[/quote
i wouldnt mind sending something out, thanks for the tip bro. For people on pauly d please let it rest, hes gonna be know internationally soon because MTV is filming in Italy now.
ntmoney 7:03 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

Sick shiz!
djchrischip 9:01 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

this is what djing should be about ppl with talent getting ahead... i hope this kid kills it n becomes the next Vice
DJ Schematic 9:22 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

this is what djing should be about ppl with talent getting ahead... i hope this kid kills it n becomes the next Vice

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Shamann 9:45 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:

Didn't you just start Djing like 6 months ago? And ever since then you've been starting daily threads on every last bellybutton you've discovered about Djing?
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:59 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Didn't you just start Djing like 6 months ago? And ever since then you've been starting daily threads on every last bellybutton you've discovered about Djing?

LMFAO!!!! I was thinking the same thing
dj poisonous handz 10:18 PM - 3 March, 2011
cabz heaaaa
jbnyc 11:26 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

hahahaha
Djaward 12:03 AM - 4 March, 2011
Im going to say this

We've all seen and heard how bad this guy really is. Im betting money he either paid someone to do his mix or he used a program to make his mixing sound flawless. Sorry Pauly, I dont think you're a great dj.
DJ Alkemy 12:10 AM - 4 March, 2011
These forums just wont let it go with Pauly D already. I hated him at first, then I realised that he wont be here in 5 years and their will be another DJ in the spotlight that we are ALL better than that takes our shine and we will start another gazillion threads spewing up stuff like this tired ass thread.
Henry GQ 9:09 AM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
These forums just wont let it go with Pauly D already. I hated him at first, then I realised that he wont be here in 5 years and their will be another DJ in the spotlight that we are ALL better than that takes our shine and we will start another gazillion threads spewing up stuff like this tired ass thread.

hello. i will take that spotlight lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:05 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

hello. i will take that spotlight lol

I want THAT job (nm)
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:06 PM - 4 March, 2011
In all honesty I hope they video tape it and he goes on there and KILLS it, it will be funney watching some of you guys backpedal and nitpick it
jbnyc 6:12 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

Not really impressed with this kid, not saying he doesnt have skills or anything but lets take those turntables out that studio and put'em in a bedroom,take out the HD cameras with the 16 different angles and without any effects for a webcam overhead....will you say he is the next vice? Theres more cats in this forum with more skills,i think epic's promotion team its what makes him look better,to me he os more focus on trying to look pretty than mixing...just wanted to get out my chest that i think he is a little bit overrated..peace!
Dj Shamann 6:23 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
take out the HD cameras with the 16 different angles and without any effects for a webcam overhead.

The first video is live in front of an audience.
Djaward 6:24 PM - 4 March, 2011
I think thats the problem with us old skool djs. We were used to showing off our skills and promote ourselves with TAPES or CDs. The new age djs are showing off and promoting their skills on youtube, facebook etc. Ive never thought about making a video to promote myself, looks like I'm gonna have to start doing this.
Culprit 6:26 PM - 4 March, 2011
they had Fashen last week, sick dude. I know power has been having some rating problems, these jump off mixes might help em out a bit
DJ Schematic 6:29 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

Not really impressed with this kid, not saying he doesnt have skills or anything but lets take those turntables out that studio and put'em in a bedroom,take out the HD cameras with the 16 different angles and without any effects for a webcam overhead....will you say he is the next vice? Theres more cats in this forum with more skills,i think epic's promotion team its what makes him look better,to me he os more focus on trying to look pretty than mixing...just wanted to get out my chest that i think he is a little bit overrated..peace!

I'm just giving him props cause he's 16. if he was 26, that'd be a different story.

On a side note, only reason he's getting a chance on-air is because dj ever recommended him.

On a second side note, being pretty and looking good will get you even further in this game nowadays anyway.
Culprit 6:35 PM - 4 March, 2011
Dude is dope. He is 16 and has skills. For Ever to recommend him also does give him more credibility in my eyes cuz ever is one sick ass dj and underrated in the game #imho
jevo9 6:38 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

I wish I knew someone at power, I believe I'm ready! Only thing is I'm not 16!! Haha lol

I'm just giving him props cause he's 16. if he was 26, that'd be a different story.

On a side note, only reason he's getting a chance on-air is because dj ever recommended him.

On a second side note, being pretty and looking good will get you even further in this game nowadays anyway.
jbnyc 7:12 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

+1 i totally agree with you! Cant even hate on him for what he is doing cause if he got this far @ 16 we'll see in 3 or 4 years.... i would like to see him with a crowd (not the 16 ppl crowd like in the first video lol) because i dont know you guys but that fist pumping "playing piano in the air" and singing the lyrics only comes out when the adrenaline kicks in, it looks more like acting when there's no audience...just sayin...
jevo9 7:44 PM - 4 March, 2011
He's still very young, yet he look like 19 lol. He's definitely good, who knows this can be the next good thing. At least he's not faking the funk like some peole on here. I know a few djs that can do what he does and more but like everyone said the marketing is doing a great job making him look superb. Good Luc epic. I wouldn't mind trying out myself for power! Only if I knew someone there :(
Rane, Support
Chad S. 7:56 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:

Where is the "like" button?
DJ Schematic 8:15 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
I wouldn't mind trying out myself for power! Only if I knew someone there :(

send a mixtape son! attn: felli fel or eman

2600 West Olive Avenue, 8th Floor
Burbank, California 91505
jevo9 8:22 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I will!!! Thanks for the heads up :D

Djaward 8:50 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

And dont send one, get notice and send one every 2 weeks.
jevo9 8:57 PM - 4 March, 2011
Thank you very much guys, one question is it good to send a full mixtape or just a 10 min one?
The Real DJ Pauly D 9:56 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Thank you very much guys, one question is it good to send a full mixtape or just a 10 min one?

Full tape, you should also send a press kit with it with some pics from partys to show you have a following.

Thanks for the continued interest guys I think youll really enjoy what I have planned
DJ Schematic 9:59 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:

good question. Maybe one of the radio djs on here can better answer that one.
djcheeto 10:10 PM - 4 March, 2011
Check out the lil homie Epic Twelve hell be mixing it up on Sunday from 7-9PM on Power 106
Djaward 10:17 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Full tape, you should also send a press kit with it with some pics from partys to show you have a following.

Thanks for the continued interest guys I think youll really enjoy what I have planned

They dont care about what type or how much of following you got. Your not djing at a club. They care about (listen to this pauly) HOW GOOD YOU CAN MIX, SCRATCH AND SONG SELECTION. THEY DO NOT CARE ON HOW WELL YOU CAN TWIST A KNOB OR HOW FAST YOU CAN PUSH A BUTTON.
Culprit 10:24 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Where is the "like" button?

Man i was just about to mention that!
Crackpipe 10:25 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:

Ever heard of Felli Fel? He's improved a lot but when he first came on in LA, he was trainwrecking left and right.
Culprit 10:26 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

They dont care about what type or how much of following you got. Your not djing at a club. They care about (listen to this pauly) HOW GOOD YOU CAN MIX, SCRATCH AND SONG SELECTION. THEY DO NOT CARE ON HOW WELL YOU CAN TWIST A KNOB OR HOW FAST YOU CAN PUSH A BUTTON.

Woh man no need to yell
Djaward 10:29 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry Man. For got to let go of the shift button. I apologize for my actions.

Woh man no need to yell
Djaward 10:29 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Woh man no need to yell

Sorry Man. For got to let go of the shift button. I apologize for my actions
And sorry for the post before this. Repost fail.
jwagner 10:30 PM - 4 March, 2011
I TWIST THE LOW KNOB BETTER THAN ALL YA"LL!!
The Real DJ Pauly D 10:32 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

They dont care about what type or how much of following you got. Your not djing at a club. They care about (listen to this pauly) HOW GOOD YOU CAN MIX, SCRATCH AND SONG SELECTION.

I admit your right, I'm glad they have confidence in my skills then, I was worried I was booked based on hype\following. Be sure to tune in to hear my set Friday Saturday and Sunday at 5pm western time ;)
jevo9 10:42 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Your not even the real Pauly d lol come on man just give it up. Get off his jock. Anyways I will listen to epic this sunday!!!
The Real DJ Pauly D 10:44 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Your not even real Pauly d lol come on man just give it up !!!

With all the attention and comments like this you guys make me feel like Jesus.
The Real DJ Pauly D 10:45 PM - 4 March, 2011
O
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

oh and btw....i want that job :)
DJ Schematic 10:46 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
O
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

oh and btw....i want that job :)

serato.com ?
Dj Bacik 12:37 AM - 5 March, 2011
I'll listen. You never know. A 1 night a week dj compared to a full time dj is different. He could have improved. I'm just waiting for the "Vidz or he didn't actually do it" thread.
eder 1:45 AM - 5 March, 2011
I turned into power's live stream and was like "damn pauly d's improved a lot", but then I heard the Coke-e drop...5pm western, eh?
FunkyRob 3:24 AM - 5 March, 2011
So, I'm wondering how bad it was
FunkyRob 3:26 AM - 5 March, 2011
^^not bad meaning good, but bad meaning bad
Djaward 4:39 AM - 5 March, 2011
Quote:
So, I'm wondering how bad it was

I only heard the first half hour.
I gave it a 4 out of 10 and heres why,

PRE MIXED- Mix was pre-mixed. He wasn't at power mixing live (at least I didnt hear him on air). So that dropped mad points.

-LENGTH OF SONGS- He let the songs play too long for my liking. More than what the powere mixer usually do .

-TRANSITIONS- Every transition of his was covered up by a drop or effex. Example, first song is about done, second song coming in, All of the sudden "YOU'RE IN THE MIX WITH PAULY D. (AIR HORN). Next thing you know the second song was in full effect. This happend at the end of every song. If there was no air horn or sample, then he cut the first song to go into the next song. Only good thing was that it was on beat. On one of his transitions, he let song 1 play too long where song 1 and 2 were both playing and song 2 was already in the singing portion (Make sense?) And that transition out of song 1 into song 2 was bad too.

- DROPS/SAMPLE- again drops after every song was not kool. Air horn was used to the max. Power 106 kept playing a drop that said YOUR IN THE MIX WITH PAULY D a lot. It was mad annoying.

-HE DID NOT SCRATCH AT ALL.. I wonder why.

-I dont know how to describe this one but I had a problem with it. He played this one song (I forgot the name) where power had to cut out or mute certain pieces of the song to cut out the bad stuff. It didnt Sound right.

Only good thing I gave him was song selection. I liked some of the songs he played. He played some remixes I have never heard and thought they were cool.

Very sorry for the sloppy review. I had to go to work. I will listen to the rest on Saturday at 5 or sunday at 12. Tune in on their website. They should have it on there.
DJ Bozak 4:47 AM - 5 March, 2011
Just do the sheer number of threads made about this cat it's obvious he's 'winning'

By the way I haven't had cable in 5 years and have never seen an episode of 'Jersey Shore'
Culprit 4:48 AM - 5 March, 2011
Hey guys, fyi the jump off mixes on power106 pre recorded
Culprit 4:48 AM - 5 March, 2011
*are
Dj Bacik 4:50 AM - 5 March, 2011
It was ok. Definitely premixed. Lots of audio drops on clean songs. It's a dead giveaway. But, I don't know if he did it or not. Benefit of the doubt is he did and I enjoyed it. I will exclude the abrupt ending. I was listening on my phone.
Culprit 4:50 AM - 5 March, 2011
and before you start bashing the jumo off mixes, check out dj coke's jump off mix which was pre recorded but still live, and edited after to censor.
Watchwww.youtube.com
Culprit 4:50 AM - 5 March, 2011
*jump off
Henry GQ 8:37 AM - 5 March, 2011
r u guys serious?

im calling all of u ra tards out....
GIVE IT UP. ur only making him more famous by talking about him... stop. just..... stop... seriously.... stop. quit it. let the dude do his thing. wow

just by watching the show he doesnt seem liek that bad of a guy. seriously just let it go.... wow.

go hate on j-wow LOL
dj poisonous handz 1:22 PM - 5 March, 2011
wow.serious guys? wow.double wow.serious guys? wow! hes a real nice guyeeeee.wow! serious guys? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
jbnyc 3:26 PM - 5 March, 2011
Quote:
wow.serious guys? wow.double wow.serious guys? wow! hes a real nice guyeeeee.wow! serious guys? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

LMFAO
tehBEN 3:45 PM - 5 March, 2011
lol
Henry GQ 7:52 PM - 5 March, 2011
are we talking about practice?
FunkyRob 2:03 AM - 6 March, 2011
But j wow isn't pretending to be a DJ. I
Bet there's a forum of book authors out there that are
Mad hating on her too.
ancientyouth 5:40 PM - 6 March, 2011
Stop fucking posting!!!!!!! Stop making THREADS jerk -offs, im only posting this post in hopes of ending all these fucking posts..... Your givin this fool TIGER BLOOD
DSTRUCT 6:07 PM - 6 March, 2011
Damn people straight hate on pauly d lol.

Its not like he just recently said "I'm going to try and be a dj". Pretty sure he started a while ago doing birthday parties and weddings. He was thrown into the limelight with this show and took advantage of it. I don't think he ever said he is the best. He is just one of the more popular djs out there.

Good for him
dj poisonous handz 6:10 PM - 6 March, 2011
stop it dudes.stop it now.the posting has gone too far.stop it.please.seriously stop it.just stop it.cmon man stop it.if you don't stop it youll leave me no choice but to hunt you down! please stop! why cant you guys stop it? cant you see whats its causing! stop it! cmon stop it!
the_black_one 6:28 PM - 6 March, 2011
Quote:
and before you start bashing the jumo off mixes, check out dj coke's jump off mix which was pre recorded but still live, and edited after to censor.
Watchwww.youtube.com

good set. The dude does his homework. By his crates you can tell he has his routines down and i bet he has them warped so the small 3 to 4 record routine is the same bpm. Not a bad thing at all, what makes his good is his preparation
eder 8:42 AM - 7 March, 2011
I can post if it want to. Deal with it.
Rod Torres 12:22 PM - 7 March, 2011
I think that was a solid set especially at the age of 16. When i was that age i was still trying to figure out how to stop the tonearm from auto returning to it's rest.
DJ506 2:51 PM - 7 March, 2011
~ Did anyone record this? I'd like to listen to his set. :)
DJ Schematic 4:17 PM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:

This little dude impressed me for sure on-air! Clean scratching the whole way thru.
Djaward 4:37 PM - 7 March, 2011
I didnt get a chance to listen to Epics set. Does anyone have it>?
Culprit 5:36 PM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

This little dude impressed me for sure on-air! Clean scratching the whole way thru.

Agreed he did an awesome job
Dj Shamann 7:12 PM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:
I think that was a solid set especially at the age of 16. When i was that age i was still trying to figure out how to stop the tonearm from auto returning to it's rest.

LOL I bet there's a lot of people that won't get that.
jbnyc 9:52 PM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

hahahaha i got it :D
dj poisonous handz 9:58 PM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:

especially when u used 2 of these like me.forget about cash for a mixer i.ebayimg.com!CCv7TZgEWk~$%28KGrHqF,!jME0DTYQSf+BNMLGwPYtw~~_35.JPG
dj poisonous handz 9:59 PM - 7 March, 2011
especially when u used 2 of these like me.forget about cash for a mixer cgi.ebay.com
Crackpipe 10:00 PM - 7 March, 2011
My dad had one of those and man that was a PITA. So many problems with that such as the tonearm setting down play for a second and then auto return back to the rest. I didn't have the manual dexterity when i was 5 or 6 to manually pick up the tone arm without scratching the record.
Djaward 10:10 PM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

HAHAHA. I broke 2 turntables by holding the tone arm from returning back. I held it and I felt and heard a click. The tone arm wouldnt function anymore.
jevo9 10:21 PM - 7 March, 2011
when i was 16 i was a bboy, man i wish i couldve stuck to that. broke my arm thats why i stopped