Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

12inch Video Pool

VJ Street 8:42 PM - 23 February, 2011
Hello Everyone!

I would like to start off by saying that I am not here for soliciting purposes = ).
Most of our clientel has been refered to us by other discussions on this forum.

Since most of our user are great supporters of VSL, we'd like to have some feedback about our site.

Feedback, concerns, suggestions or even video requests would be great to have to better our service for all of you.

We are a 100 percent legal site and we'd like to get everybody's input.

If I've perhaps violated any rules about starting this thread, apologies in advance.

thanks,
djpuma_gemini 8:45 PM - 23 February, 2011
I got the audio side, but I can't the video side. I thought I'd get a sneak peak, but can't get in.
djpuma_gemini 8:46 PM - 23 February, 2011
nevermind. wrong site.
DJ EkSeL 8:50 PM - 23 February, 2011
first concern. What's up with fluctuation for my download points?? One day I have 30 downloads remaining & somedays it has -15. I know ive emailed you about the situation and you do a pretty good job at getting back to me and restoring it but it is a bothers some issue.
VJ Street 9:03 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
I got the audio side, but I can't the video side. I thought I'd get a sneak peak, but can't get in.

Quote:
nevermind. wrong site.

lol @dj Puma. Because of that same confusion, we are changing the site name pretty soon from 12 inch video to something more dj/vj friendly. and fyi, we only do video not audio.
VJ Street 9:05 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
first concern. What's up with fluctuation for my download points?? One day I have 30 downloads remaining & somedays it has -15. I know ive emailed you about the situation and you do a pretty good job at getting back to me and restoring it but it is a bothers some issue.

Hello DJ Eksel.
We are aware of this bug/issue and are constantly working to resolve it. in the meantime we have a department that specifically monitors your downloads. Just send us a quick email every time you have this problem and we will fix it immediately
tomatoslice 10:22 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
Hello Everyone!
If I've perhaps violated any rules about starting this thread, apologies in advance.

no, you haven't. as far as i can tell.

i see you do the point thing.
is each video considered a download? and is each download ONE point or does it vary?
DjBoozie 10:24 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Hello Everyone!

yeah Tomato.. It likda sweet because u get all the video they the one download... I.E clean, dirty, instrumental, acapella (If available) and xtended
is each video considered a download? and is each download ONE point or does it vary?
VJ Street 10:26 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Hello Everyone!

Hello Tom
The answer to your question is NO. Each TITLE is considered one point. For example Track X has X (dirty), X (Clean), X (Instrumental) X (extended) e.t.c is considered one download even though in actual sense you are getting 4 videos. It's done that way for proffessional djs who need all versions to a track for their mixing needs.
DjBoozie 10:27 PM - 23 February, 2011
I use ur site and I must say I'm happy with the video's I get from you guys..It's a a small few thing I would like to see on ur site...1st being the abitlty to have a link to your "today's download section.. Like the one at the very top..2nd the ability to serch recently added video's from pervious day.. Other then that...I like the tagless (yes i said tagless) video, and the selection u guys have
tomatoslice 10:28 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:

Hello Tom
The answer to your question is NO. Each TITLE is considered one point. For example Track X has X (dirty), X (Clean), X (Instrumental) X (extended) e.t.c is considered one download even though in actual sense you are getting 4 videos. It's done that way for professional djs who need all versions to a track for their mixing needs.

and that would be ONE point?
all those versions are one download and one point?
DjBoozie 10:30 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Hello Tom
The answer to your question is NO. Each TITLE is considered one point. For example Track X has X (dirty), X (Clean), X (Instrumental) X (extended) e.t.c is considered one download even though in actual sense you are getting 4 videos. It's done that way for professional djs who need all versions to a track for their mixing needs.

Yes sir...it's sweet dude
VJ Street 10:35 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
I use ur site and I must say I'm happy with the video's I get from you guys..It's a a small few thing I would like to see on ur site...1st being the abitlty to have a link to your "today's download section.. Like the one at the very top..2nd the ability to serch recently added video's from pervious day.. Other then that...I like the tagless (yes i said tagless) video, and the selection u guys have

Hello DJ Boozie,
We created this thread to communicate with DJ's like you about our service. We are working to have all the previous additions "viewable" quickly.
Also, to view the recent additions to the catalog, at the top of each catalog is a little drop down feature. Hit that drop down from "name" to "position" and all the tracks will be rearranged to show latest first. and then to your left is a little arrow you could hit to toggle alphabetical order. I hope this helps.
DjBoozie 10:37 PM - 23 February, 2011
going to check it out now...Ur in my favorites...And also..would u be taking request from here as well...that'll be big
VJ Street 10:41 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
going to check it out now...Ur in my favorites...And also..would u be taking request from here as well...that'll be big

Hello DJ Boozie
The answer to your question is YES, we can take your video request from this thread or shoot us a quick email thru the site service
tomatoslice 10:43 PM - 23 February, 2011
ok checked out the site,
i see how to view the vids in chronological order.
what would be great, also, is a way to view them by the week added.

when you do a dload does it change the setting somehow that a person will not get the same one twice?

also, does the link "current hits" mean the newest videos or the ones that are most downloaded within a time period?.
sorry for the odd question i am just a stickler for semantics.
DjBoozie 10:43 PM - 23 February, 2011
Even Deeper Rick Ross & Let's get it in Lloyd & 50 cent. Here are two im looking for
tomatoslice 10:44 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:

also, does the link "current hits" mean the newest videos or the ones that are most downloaded within a time period?.

basically, how do you define "current hits"?
VJ Street 10:47 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

basically, how do you define "current hits"?

Current Hits is what is "currently" playing on top 40 and in heavy rotation. We aquire this list from the labels and ASCAP and we update it according to their request.
VJ Street 10:49 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
Even Deeper Rick Ross & Let's get it in Lloyd & 50 cent. Here are two im looking for

Lloyd was posted to the site December 10th. Try the "search" feature on the site to find tracks faster. Rick Ross is in cue to be slotted 26th. Thats the Record labels release date for promotions. Sorry we have to abide by the rules.
DjBoozie 10:50 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Lloyd was posted to the site December 10th. Try the "search" feature on the site to find tracks faster. Rick Ross is in cue to be slotted 26th. Thats the Record labels release date for promotions. Sorry we have to abide by the rules.

No biggie on the Rick Ross.. I can wait a few days
tomatoslice 10:53 PM - 23 February, 2011

Current Hits is what is "currently" playing on top 40 and in heavy rotation. We aquire this list from the labels and ASCAP and we update it according to their request.

aaah, even better.
that can make some last minute downloaders lives quite easy.
Millz 10:54 PM - 23 February, 2011
even deeper has been @ Smashvidz for some time now :)
DjBoozie 10:55 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:

I dont have a subscription to Smash :(
VJ Street 10:57 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:

Hello Millz,
we just go by what they tell us. Tracks are released according to the request dates they give us.
DJ EkSeL 11:01 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Hello DJ Eksel.
We are aware of this bug/issue and are constantly working to resolve it. in the meantime we have a department that specifically monitors your downloads. Just send us a quick email every time you have this problem and we will fix it immediately

Coo! I do many of the video edits on there but the site won't let me submit anything unless i'm in a positive numbers.
Let me know if you need any more video editors, got a couple of friends that might want to help out with remixes.
djpuma_gemini 11:14 PM - 23 February, 2011
I tried getting sample months ago and the download never went through. Got the confirmation email and everything, but never worked.
zaguama 11:18 PM - 23 February, 2011
Hello 12inchvideo:

Couple of issues i have experienced personally:

- I tried to contact you guys 2 days ago via the "contact us" form because all my downloads now say access denied even though i have 30+ downloads available and no response yet, so not sure if your customer service department might be working triple time these days.
- All your videos are 720x480. You should release widescreen videos on 640x360 and fullscreen videos 640x480.
- You need to perform a better IVTC process on your videos if you do it at all, they are all released as 29.97 and seem to be just Bob'd or TDeint'd.
- Love the "Tagless" videos but the above mentioned points are deal killers for me.

As a side note you guys have a pretty decent collection of old school hits or "throwbacks" in case people are interested and another suggestion i'd give is to set as hyperlinks the "Today's downloads" so you could add to cart the newly added videos from the home screen instead of having to manually search for them.
VJ Street 11:18 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
I tried getting sample months ago and the download never went through. Got the confirmation email and everything, but never worked.

Hellp DJ Puma,
The quickest way is to notify us right away and we will check the link for you, in addition, you are refunded a point to attempt your download again
VJ Street 11:24 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
Hello 12inchvideo:

- I tried to contact you guys 2 days ago via the "contact us" form because all my downloads now say access denied even though i have 30+ downloads available and no response yet, so not sure if your customer service department might be working triple time these days.
- All your videos are 720x480. You should release widescreen videos on 640x360 and fullscreen videos 640x480.
- You need to perform a better IVTC process on your videos if you do it at all, they are all released as 29.97 and seem to be just Bob'd or TDeint'd.
- Love the "Tagless" videos but the above mentioned points are deal killers for me.

As a side note you guys have a pretty decent collection of old school hits or "throwbacks" in case people are interested and another suggestion i'd give is to set as hyperlinks the "Today's downloads" so you could add to cart the newly added videos from the home screen instead of having to manually search for them.

The issue with download error is mainly that your points should have expired (30 day). our customer service dept is pretty fluid on this issue, it should have never taken 2 days for you to get a response.
About swapping the output dimensions, i will forward your point to the appropriate department and i'm sure you will hear from them sooner for the changes.
Hyperlinks will be available in the new site due in 12 days.
DjBoozie 11:25 PM - 23 February, 2011
oh here are two more things I wanted to bring to ur attention...once i placed an order it was a video I didnt want and didnt attempt to down load...is there a way to get a credit for that video, and another one I didnt want i keep getting this error message "The following URL is not a valid download link. Please contact the site administrator if this message has been received in error." The video is T-Pain ft Yung Joc - Buy Teddy A Drank (Clean) (Eddie Edul Mash-Up) (DJ EkSeL Edit).mp4
VJ Street 11:29 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
oh here are two more things I wanted to bring to ur attention...once i placed an order it was a video I didnt want and didnt attempt to down load...is there a way to get a credit for that video, and another one I didnt want i keep getting this error message "The following URL is not a valid download link. Please contact the site administrator if this message has been received in error." The video is T-Pain ft Yung Joc - Buy Teddy A Drank (Clean) (Eddie Edul Mash-Up) (DJ EkSeL Edit).mp4

The answer to your question is YES. If you try to download a video on the site and your attempt is inconclusive please notify us immediately for an adjustment to your point total. The T-Pain link you are talking about was fixed. Try to add to cart and download as new order.... that should work.
zaguama 11:29 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:

DJ Khaled - Welcome To My Hood has not reached yet Smash, it is howevere available with these guys :P.

Quote:
Quote:

Hello 12inchvideo:

The issue with download error is mainly that your points should have expired (30 day). our customer service dept is pretty fluid on this issue, it should have never taken 2 days for you to get a response.
About swapping the output dimensions, i will forward your point to the appropriate department and i'm sure you will hear from them sooner for the changes.
Hyperlinks will be available in the new site due in 12 days.

Not possible, i first registered 02/04, it has not been 30 days yet.
DjBoozie 11:33 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:

DJ Khaled - Welcome To My Hood has not reached yet Smash, it is howevere available with these guys :P.

It's on there Already
DjBoozie 11:34 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

It's on there Already

Clean, dirty, xtended. and instrumental.. Hey 12inch...can u guys do more acapella video's ?
zaguama 11:37 PM - 23 February, 2011
u probably have access to a diff smashvidz that i don't then :|. i have the regular not vip.
VJ Street 11:44 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

It's on there Already

Clean, dirty, xtended. and instrumental.. Hey 12inch...can u guys do more acapella video's ?

We got discouraged by YOU( as in the dj's) from posting acapellas, but now that you need them, we will make those available again.
djpuma_gemini 11:57 PM - 23 February, 2011
do these have chryons and how do you keep your videos in check. As in, do the video editors know what they are doing?
DjBoozie 11:59 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Me personally I would rather gave the acapella then the instrumental. I mean it is visual more so then audio

It's on there Already

We got discouraged by YOU( as in the dj's) from posting acapellas, but now that you need them, we will make those available again.
DjBoozie 12:00 AM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:
do these have chryons and how do you keep your videos in check. As in, do the video editors know what they are doing?

No they are tagless
VJ Street 12:05 AM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:

Hello DJ Puma,
Videos have NO chyrons, No tags, No logos, No skits, No breaks in between..... its just the plain video ready for the club.
All the employees in our editing department are either working or veteran dj's. They know what's best for you guys because they are in the same field (as in dj).
Forums like these help us to get your direct opinions though because it makes the product (videos) custom fit for you.
zaguama 12:05 AM - 24 February, 2011
@djpuma_gemini as in the actual edits they are aight, extendeds, instrumental, etc as in the actual encoding read my post above.
VJ Street 12:10 AM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:
@djpuma_gemini as in the actual edits they are aight, extendeds, instrumental, etc as in the actual encoding read my post above.

@ Zaguama I just got word from Tech department that switching a library of 78,000 videos from 720 to 640 would take a little bit of time however the good news is that i threw in your suggestion for debating. I'm sure they'll let you know
zaguama 12:30 AM - 24 February, 2011
yeah for sure, even smashvidz has a huge backlog of vids they are re-encoding with the new standard but figured that you guys might want to take that in consideration since most of the popular video pools are following that standard.

But you definitely need some improvements with the IVTC process, I've taken these snapshots from the david banner - get like me video as an example. theres many more that have these type of issues.

i53.tinypic.com

i53.tinypic.com
fcprod1 1:46 AM - 24 February, 2011
I am a current subscriber and you have great content with no tags!

BUT here is my issue with your site. You have to check daily for stuff that was just added. If you dont check daily you will miss out on what was just added as a new list is provided for that day(s) and then you have to go to each individual genre/catalog tab to see what is new and then there is no date added or dowloaded/purchased/bought button to see if you already d/l it .
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease fix it!
Also on the Todays Uploads page, put a direct link for the track so that you dont have to type it in the search box!

I know it can be done because you do it on the Todays Pick video

Sorry for all this but all other pools use this simular formula and it makes it easy to navigate.
VJ Street 1:50 AM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:
I am a current subscriber and you have great content with no tags!

BUT here is my issue with your site. You have to check daily for stuff that was just added. If you dont check daily you will miss out on what was just added as a new list is provided for that day(s) and then you have to go to each individual genre/catalog tab to see what is new and then there is no date added or dowloaded/purchased/bought button to see if you already d/l it .
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease fix it!
Also on the Todays Uploads page, put a direct link for the track so that you dont have to type it in the search box!

I know it can be done because you do it on the Todays Pick video

Sorry for all this but all other pools use this simular formula and it makes it easy to navigate.

Hello fcprod,
The issue of direct links is being worked on for the new site. (see thread comments above) Also, we post maybe 25 videos daily so that makes it a little hard to have them in seperate bins. An easy trick is to go to the catalogue and click on position (Again, see comments above). All in all, all your issues have been heard and will be adressed in the new site.
DJCheLu 6:15 AM - 24 February, 2011
I just signed up and wanted to order some points but im getting website errors on every page like this i735.photobucket.com

Is this normal? Im using MBP and Safari Browser
DjBoozie 9:10 AM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:
I just signed up and wanted to order some points but im getting website errors on every page like this i735.photobucket.com

No it's not chelu, But i did notice u don't have and download credits...I dont work for them but I've been using them for two months now and u do have to wait for the credits to show up before u can start to download video's. And another thing. I download on my pc, transfer them to my external hard drive. So I could be wrong.
DjBoozie 9:12 AM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

No it's not chelu, But i did notice u don't have and download credits...I dont work for them but I've been using them for two months now and u do have to wait for the credits to show up before u can start to download video's. And another thing. I download on my pc, transfer them to my external hard drive. So I could be wrong.

Ok wait a minute. I just went on myself and got the same error message...Just one though...Something with wrong with theit website
DJMark 11:22 AM - 24 February, 2011
Hi 12inchvideo...

I also had a lot of website problems when I was on your site (around last Aug/Sept/Oct). Think you ended up extending my expiration date at one point, but I don't think I was able to come anywhere close to the 200 downloads I'd paid for...

It was cool that you had a lot of harder-to-find classic stuff...but as others have already mentioned the quality was kind of all over the place. Especially some of the older clips had really bad audio, and some sync issues that made them unusable to me (the latter was a problem on some of the edits using live footage, and extended remixes).

But I'm glad to hear you're legitimately working with the labels, and that you're reworking the site. Hope the latter helps straighten out the problems me and some others have mentioned...
Dj TopDonn 4:37 PM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:
Hello 12inchvideo:

I download vids regulary from the site becuase they do have some old school vids that no other side has. However, the above mentioned points are what i have issues with. I also wrote email u guys email on 9/20/2010 mentioning the above but i never received a reply (I can forward you the email if you like)

A lot of the video's i download have horrible interlacing artifacts......The example i used in my email was the Sean Paul - Temperature. No IVTC process was performed on this file and many others (It looks horrible when played)

I also have once in a while have issues with my download count, but those are taken care of almost immediately if i email about them which i appreciate.

If they can take of the IVTC ans interlacing artifact issues that would be great
zaguama 7:25 PM - 24 February, 2011
day 3 and still awaiting a reply from them on my issue :) but right now they are migrating to a new site, hopefully that will take care of some of the problems related to the interface and download system.
VJ Street 7:41 PM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Hello Tom

Yes sir...it's sweet dude

Yes Its one point per title. You get all versions for one point only
VJ Street 7:43 PM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:
day 3 and still awaiting a reply from them on my issue :) but right now they are migrating to a new site, hopefully that will take care of some of the problems related to the interface and download system.

Hello Zaguama,
All your issues have been passed on to the appropriate departments. The new site is being set up as we speak to better accommodate you and should be active maybe in a day or two, probably by saturday
VJ Street 7:52 PM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Ok wait a minute. I just went on myself and got the same error message...Just one though...Something with wrong with theit website

The site content is being migrated to the new service thats why you saw that message. The new service will tackle all the known issues you guys brought up. Also the video format will be refined to better accommodate you as requested.
dj_smalls 9:31 PM - 26 February, 2011
12inch video>>> hey i think my account got reset..i bought the 10.00 account to try out...then the next day my account was no longer there!! so i created another account with the same name and now i dont have any points?? can you hrlp me?? thanx
DJ EkSeL 10:34 PM - 26 February, 2011
is there a thread that discusses this ivtc?? I've been rendering videos at 29.97 with no issue. Videos seem to look good. I searched these forums for rendering specs on a pc with sony vegas and nothing was found for ivtc.
djnak 10:47 PM - 26 February, 2011
DJ Soup 10:58 PM - 26 February, 2011
I tried 12inchvideo a couple months ago but it didn't work. I saw this thread and decided to try again but I still can't get anything to download. I used the 1 point they refunded me try out the service on one of the videos but I get access denied everytime I try to download it. I wouldn't recommend 12inchvideo until they fix this.
VJ Street 1:56 AM - 27 February, 2011
Quote:
I tried 12inchvideo a couple months ago but it didn't work. I saw this thread and decided to try again but I still can't get anything to download. I used the 1 point they refunded me try out the service on one of the videos but I get access denied everytime I try to download it. I wouldn't recommend 12inchvideo until they fix this.

Hello DJ Soup,
The easiest way to get service is to contact customer service. If you get an access denied message, chances are that you haven't made any payment for subscription yet which triggers the message.... just like any other subscription service. You cannot get anything to download because you haven't followed through. If you would like a free trial (free downloads), try to contact customer service, i'm sure they can set you up on something other than bad mouthing the pool.
zaguama 3:22 AM - 27 February, 2011
well after 5 days (without being able to download a file) i finally got my problem fixed, i hate to act like this, but just when you say that "you either help me or i don't renew my credits in the future" that's when you get the attention you deserve.

Thanks anyways.
zaguama 3:52 AM - 27 February, 2011

that was a nice tutorial but a lot of footage has hybrid patterns, don't know maybe all PO videos have same pattern.

I prefer to use AnimeIVTC, is way more complex and slower but best results i've seen other than doing manual ivtc..

PS - you can always scan the video manually for pattern changes the good ole way.
Culprit 11:05 PM - 28 February, 2011
Wassup guys, can I get a video to analyze?
VJ Street 11:14 PM - 28 February, 2011
Quote:
Wassup guys, can I get a video to analyze?

Hello Culprit,
Yes you can. If you are running a mac, you can analize by clicking control i or click on window (on your quicktime menu) and click on movie inspector. In windows you can just right click and click inspect
DjBoozie 11:45 PM - 28 February, 2011
Can U guys get I'm too much by chubb rock
VJ Street 11:47 PM - 28 February, 2011
Quote:
Can U guys get I'm too much by chubb rock

We'll turn in your request to EMI. Turn around is 3-4 days
zaguama 2:36 AM - 1 March, 2011
Didn't know we could make requests here :).

Can you get J.T. Money - Hi-Lo and Big Pun - Twinz (Deep Cover)
Dj TopDonn 2:43 AM - 1 March, 2011
Any update on the quality control issues mentioned in this thread?
VJ Street 4:17 AM - 1 March, 2011
Quote:

Just got word they did a trial run on a George Michael - I want your sex video. Try it and see if the specs are close to what you want.
zaguama 5:14 AM - 1 March, 2011
im going to download and let you know.
DJ EkSeL 7:36 AM - 1 March, 2011

It's a really nice tutorial if I wanted to rip from dvds as is with that minor adjustment. I'll look deeper into that thread because that really won't help me with mash-up videos. I need to know what that process would be.
zaguama 1:43 PM - 1 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Just got word they did a trial run on a George Michael - I want your sex video. Try it and see if the specs are close to what you want.

I downloaded the video, watched it carefully and it is properly ivtc'd great job, however the video was encoded at a 640x360 resolution and the source doesnt have a 16:9 AR it is 4:3 so you should have encoded it at 640x480 instead. You should only encode at 640x360 when the source is widescreen.

There is however an exception to this which smashvidz calls TNS (Tilt N Scan) in which they transform 4:3 videos into 16:9 by cropping them off at the top and bottom and scanning scene by scene to keep the active picture in between to avoid cutting someone's head off or something :p.

Please check the snapshot below, first one is properly formatted, second one is yours and third one is TNS. You can also tell the colors have been retouched a bit.

i55.tinypic.com
ancientyouth 3:20 PM - 1 March, 2011
i cant believe people are in this business and dont know shit about what they're doing, and youve been around for years!!!!!...... god bless america......
zaguama 3:42 PM - 1 March, 2011
well at least they are trying to put their stuff together and fix it, i know lot of pools that don't care. These guys have access to a whole bunch of old school shit which is hard to find these days, if all they need is to learn how to properly encode videos i'm willing to help :)
Millz 4:10 PM - 1 March, 2011
lol
VJ Street 6:24 PM - 1 March, 2011
Quote:
i cant believe people are in this business and dont know shit about what they're doing, and youve been around for years!!!!!...... god bless america......

We could easily fall out of contract if corporate or ASCAP discovered that we are altering the content to accommodate your needs. When we receive the content, we can only go so far with it according to Label rules for availing YOU (mr acientyout) with all your needs.
Some artists go as far as refusing us to add/subtract anything to "their" original footage(video). You need to know that this here we are doing is a favor (back door).
VJ Street 6:46 PM - 1 March, 2011
Quote:

Who do you prefer? someone who listens to his customer? or someone who really doesn't care? We created this post to hear you out and respond to your issues to make things perfect for you. You come across as a major competitor in disguise.
Keep in mind that the content we receive is in old beta format, we develop the content and make it available to you so you can have all the music you need. The content is created with no logos, or any other tags BUT is rendered at threshold parameters that deter re-working the content. You should at some point start appreciating what we are trying to do both here on the forums and on the site service.
DjBoozie 8:38 PM - 1 March, 2011
Its amazing how people want prefection from someone or something and usually they can't do the shit themselves. I'm happy wit the work u guys are doing. And I'm going to keep using ur service. If you don't like the work. Contact the lables get the contents and do it urself. Problem solved
VJ Street 8:43 PM - 1 March, 2011
Quote:
Its amazing how people want prefection from someone or something and usually they can't do the shit themselves. I'm happy wit the work u guys are doing. And I'm going to keep using ur service. If you don't like the work. Contact the lables get the contents and do it urself. Problem solved

Thanx for the comment Boozie. We figured he must have been a rival agent from our competition. In the meantime, we are setting up a few more trial runs for you and Zaguama to test out. I'm also making arrangements to get you a months subscription for your contribution to better our service.
Dj TopDonn 8:49 PM - 1 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Who do you prefer? someone who listens to his customer? or someone who really doesn't care? We created this post to hear you out and respond to your issues to make things perfect for you. You come across as a major competitor in disguise.
Keep in mind that the content we receive is in old beta format, we develop the content and make it available to you so you can have all the music you need. The content is created with no logos, or any other tags BUT is rendered at threshold parameters that deter re-working the content. You should at some point start appreciating what we are trying to do both here on the forums and on the site service.

While I appreciate all you are doing with the site especially sourcing the old school video's, I don't find anything ancientyouth said wrong. Its borderline amazing that you have a service going without really knowing what ur doing in regards to ivtcing and correct resolutions etc. I had contacted you before about these very issues but never did get a response (My email to web@12inchvideo.com was sent on 9/20/10). Its a learning process and I'm glad this thread will get you going in the right direction.
DJ EkSeL 8:54 PM - 1 March, 2011
Quote:

Ummm, my settings come from when vsl first came out. We had proper settings that were taken from these very forums. So it's not like I don't know shit. it's that I didn't evolve fast enough.
DjBoozie 9:26 PM - 1 March, 2011
Oh yeah and can you get mc breed got to get mines and ain't no future in yo fronting
Millz 9:29 PM - 1 March, 2011
Eksel you have videos on 8th wonder correct?
DJ DisGrace 9:45 PM - 1 March, 2011
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com
DJ EkSeL 10:22 PM - 1 March, 2011
Quote:

yup
djnak 10:27 PM - 1 March, 2011

lol
Dj-Pyro 11:04 PM - 1 March, 2011
Ok, just signed up for the site. Here are few things that I noticed.

- Layout is nice and clean.
- Some hard to find classic tracks.
- Previews are too short. 1 minute isn't enough, especially for remixed tracks.
- The player loads vidz slow for me.
- Player doesn't let you skip through a vid easily.
- Be nice if you offered singles and intros to the older tracks.
- Markers that let you know what you've downloaded would be good.
- The page refreshing after you click add to cart is annoying.
- Download speed is slow.
- Classic rock vidz would be nice.
- Video quality should be better as stated before.
ancientyouth 12:07 AM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Thanx for the comment Boozie. We figured he must have been a rival agent from our competition. In the meantime, we are setting up a few more trial runs for you and Zaguama to test out. I'm also making arrangements to get you a months subscription for your contribution to better our service.

Hahahahahahaha .......haha "rival agent from our competition"....haha thats a good one... Search my name on this site einstein......
No im someone who pays monthly for more than one service, and gladly would pay for yours if your videos looked even close to how mine come out from dvd's.
And it took about three hours searching on this forum to figuree it out...
dj_smalls 5:30 AM - 2 March, 2011
videos links and downloads keep freezing!!!! is this a regular thing??
Gregg R 8:16 AM - 2 March, 2011
K, I dont mean to start shit, but..........

You have to be cropping out promo only tags. Wait, I'll rephrase that...YOU ARE.

Example: CNN Wayne Wonder Lexxus - Anything Goes.

When the wayne wonder starts rapping his first verse, you have some half naked jamacian baby cut from a different part of the video, where in the actual video, there is footage of him rapping/singing.

How do I know this? Because I have the source file unmarked and a promo only copy.

It's funny how when Promo Only places their chyron over that first verse, your version on your preview shows a different clip from the vid.

Here's a screen shot of yours on the first verse:

oi55.tinypic.com

Here's a screen shot of promo only on the first verse:

oi52.tinypic.com

So why would you release an edit with that opening part with the main singer cropped out and some half naked baby in it's place?

Must have been an unreleased version the label sent ya huh?
Dj-Pyro 12:33 PM - 2 March, 2011
Downloaded more vidz and the quality is REALLY bad on some. The video "The Lox - Money, Power, Respect (Dirty)" shouldn't even be on the site cuz it looks like a low quality youtube rip... "Roscoe ft. Kurupt - I Love Cali in the Summertime" is low qaulity too and has a Divx chryon that pops in and out through the whole vid. Really is a shame cuz I wanted some high quality classics.
ancientyouth 1:36 PM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Ummm, my settings come from when vsl first came out. We had proper settings that were taken from these very forums. So it's not like I don't know shit. it's that I didn't evolve fast enough.

Wasnt directed to you eskel....I confused 12inchvideo for my12inch....... I guess you guys havent been around for years...... (not that that is an excuse)
DjBoozie 1:58 PM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Wasnt directed to you eskel....I confused 12inchvideo for my12inch....... I guess you guys havent been around for years...... (not that that is an excuse)

I'm sure that happens a lot to them...because when I first them their name mentioned.. I was like (Aint no way). Even when I mention them I say (Not to confused with my12inch). Now that a shitty service and no they should get paid for nothing they put out, but when u have people that don't care about the quality of the product, then u have servises that that will will stay around
DJ DisGrace 2:07 PM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:

You have to be cropping out promo only tags. Wait, I'll rephrase that...YOU ARE.

When the wayne wonder starts rapping his first verse, you have some half naked jamacian baby cut from a different part of the video, where in the actual video, there is footage of him rapping/singing.

How do I know this? Because I have the source file unmarked and a promo only copy.

It's funny how when Promo Only places their chyron over that first verse, your version on your preview shows a different clip from the vid.

oi55.tinypic.com

oi52.tinypic.com

So why would you release an edit with that opening part with the main singer cropped out and some half naked baby in it's place?

the plot thickens...

www.djjohnnym.com
DJ EkSeL 3:02 PM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

my bad, I thought it was directed at me because I had asked what ivtc is. I had never heard of that til this thread.
Millz 3:11 PM - 2 March, 2011
+1 Gregg thats some funny stuff
DjBoozie 3:16 PM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Forgive me for being slow...but now that I get it...That some funny shit

oi55.tinypic.com

oi52.tinypic.com

the plot thickens...

www.djjohnnym.com
DjBoozie 3:17 PM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Forgive me for being slow...but now that I get it...That some funny shit

oi55.tinypic.com

oi52.tinypic.com

the plot thickens...

www.djjohnnym.com

Forgive me for being slow...but now that I get it...this shit is funny
DJ DisGrace 3:37 PM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:
my bad, I thought it was directed at me because I had asked what ivtc is. I had never heard of that til this thread.

Quote:
Quote:

The recommended VSL settings were for pixel size, bitrate and keyframes. IVTC is something more basic for removing artifacts from content transferred to DVD.

I'll admit I've only been on the the IVTC train for about a year, thanks to Brett B's tutorial, but I don't sell my edits. The point of this thread is that people selling edits don't know what they are doing, nor do they research on their own.

IVTC has been around way before VSL and serato. It's not about evolution, it's about researching your craft and making it the best it can be. Ever since movies and music videos started going onto DVD (VCD even?), extra frames have been added. To properly re-encode any of these movies or videos for playback through software, it needs to be IVTC'd.
Millz 3:43 PM - 2 March, 2011
Regardless of if this company renders their videos properly, they are still stealing Promo Onlys videos, with proof provided by Gregg R. If that doesnt scream shady and unprofessional, then I dont know what does.
nik39 4:41 PM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:

No offense, but how can you be a professional editor and not heard of IVTC yet?
DjBoozie 7:12 PM - 2 March, 2011
12 Inch Video... I'm getting a negative reading on my downloads.. Can U let me know what's going on
DJ-Phat-AL 7:36 PM - 2 March, 2011
Got one to add to Greg's findings...

Go to the "1920's-1950's" link and pick... anything really... for starters pick the first track "The 4 Tops - Baby I Need Your Loving" .... preview the video. Now tell us all what you see around 15 seconds in...
DJ DisGrace 7:39 PM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:

Go to the "1920's-1950's" link and pick... anything really... for starters pick the first track "The 4 Tops - Baby I Need Your Loving" .... preview the video. Now tell us all what you see around 15 seconds in...

do tell! This thread is going downhill fast!!!!

www.emeraldecocity.com
Humsta 8:25 PM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:

I actually went in there and got a lot of their old stuff. Some of it had ETV tags on it and i emailed them, their explanation was that the videos were super old to get the originals. I'm good with that. I got what i wanted either way.
DJ-Phat-AL 8:31 PM - 2 March, 2011
The point is that for a company to claim as being legal and having all their products available to you from labels.... and they end up ripping DVD's from ETV and posting those tracks because "the videos were super old to get the originals." ... then don't post them if you are legal. Because flat out ripping a DVD service video and posting it basically for sale is NOT legal... when claiming to be legal. You see the problem here, right?
Xtendamix 8:39 PM - 2 March, 2011
To follow up on that, read this

serato.com
VJ Street 8:43 PM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:

oi55.tinypic.com

oi52.tinypic.com

At the end of the day the point of creating this thread is to listen directly to your problems, go back and fix them. When we hear issues like these from people on the ground (the DJ's), we take them back and tackle them. We are committed to providing you with a service thats benefiting not derogatory. The burden falls on our tech department and people who create these videos to do a better job
Millz 8:50 PM - 2 March, 2011
^^fail
Xtendamix 8:51 PM - 2 March, 2011
We asked the labels to purchase the ETV catalogue and use it for Xtendamix as a source for material. They said no, that we would have to get the originals and couldn't use ETV's master collection.

We offered to pay the labels for every video and pay ETV to digitize their catalogue. They still said no. We later learned that unfortunately, the entire ETV catalog is stored with chyrons, they don't have clean copies, so it wouldn't really be usable anyway.

My advice to the guys with 12inch video. If you're hiding something, you'll get exposed. We went through the criticism on this board already once and listened to everything. We still hear it and apply the suggestions. We used the conversations from this board and showed the labels how much people wanted us to get rid of the ringtones..and it worked. You have to take advice from here and apply it, not get defensive. That's how you learn and grow.
VJ Street 8:58 PM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:
We asked the labels to purchase the ETV catalogue and use it for Xtendamix as a source for material. They said no, that we would have to get the originals and couldn't use ETV's master collection.

We offered to pay the labels for every video and pay ETV to digitize their catalogue. They still said no. We later learned that unfortunately, the entire ETV catalog is stored with chyrons, they don't have clean copies, so it wouldn't really be usable anyway.

My advice to the guys with 12inch video. If you're hiding something, you'll get exposed. We went through the criticism on this board already once and listened to everything. We still hear it and apply the suggestions. We used the conversations from this board and showed the labels how much people wanted us to get rid of the ringtones..and it worked. You have to take advice from here and apply it, not get defensive. That's how you learn and grow.

Very Good Advice Xtendamix.
Like i said in my post (read above) we take the good and the bad and tackle the issues collectively to provide better service.
On a side note about ETV content, Contact Sandra Nguyen about ETV content, she'll help you out, i'm sure you will get some positive answers. It's really a pain but if you get a NO answer, just hang up the phone and then pick up and call right back till you get the right service rep.
Xtendamix 9:04 PM - 2 March, 2011
The problem is, you can't ask ETV, you need to ask the labels. Even though it's their master, they can't approve or sell you something that is copyrighted by the labels.
Culprit 12:03 AM - 3 March, 2011
Does ETV still exist? I thought promo only bought them out. Using others source material is wrong period. It's like buying bootleg Serato vinyl and putting your own sticker on it and selling it. Word of advice? You represent your company when you come on these forums, so you cant just blame your tech department, you have to suck it up and just admit your wrong on this one. Thats my 2¢
Doug Howard 1:38 AM - 3 March, 2011
I have to jump in here because I honestly cannot believe what I am reading.

Firstly, I was formerly the General Manager Eastern Operations for ETV for ten years. Upon their closure I left to create the VJ-Pro Series with Screenplay in 2003. I became their VP of Strategic Relations and subsequently negotiated many of our current licenses with the labels. The ownership of the ETV catalogue remains to this day in dispute between the original owners, a company called Clubcom and PO.

That said, I have since then also represented the original owners of ETV in a number of actions against individuals who re-sell ETV compilations without permissions. So if someone was legitimately interested in buying the ETV catalogue.... I think I would have heard about it.

Though to be honest, I'm not certain why anyone would want to as towards the end I complained constantly to the owners about the poor quality of the audio of ETV releases. I thought it was sub-standard. That's why we created the entire VJ-Pro archives from scratch. Because we could. Compared to what we get to work with now... ProRes.mov masters from the majors and such, why would anyone want to source from 20 year old DVD's?

I'm going to assume here that you are either really confused, or merely uninformed on this and/or sorely lacking in credible legal advice. And that said, here's some free advice from someone who actually knows what he is talking about on things like this..... DO NOT post ETV music videos on your web site for re-sale and lay claim that you are legally entitled to do so if you do not have direct permissions from the original releasing parties (the original owners of ETV, or for that matter Clubcom or PO).

If you have any up there, take them down. Now. In this climate of rampant content abuse, people are on a hair trigger these days and they WILL act upon things like this.

Doug Howard
www.vj-pro.com
dj_smalls 1:47 AM - 3 March, 2011
ya!!! im with him^^^^^^^
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:12 AM - 3 March, 2011
<--- looking to see what old vidz are there before site gets shut down....

: )
DJ EkSeL 4:23 AM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I actually went in there and got a lot of their old stuff. Some of it had ETV tags on it and i emailed them, their explanation was that the videos were super old to get the originals. I'm good with that. I got what i wanted either way.

funny thing is, I haven't seen any etv, po, or screenplay shit on there.

Etv looks too grainey
Po has watermarks
Screen plays videos are too dark

As for me using them for own edits, no comment : )
Culprit 4:44 AM - 3 March, 2011
ETV was not a bad source at all.. I have a few of their dvds. Promo Only does have the big watermarks agreed, but the quality on some of their vids still good. Screenplay is to dark? How can it be too dark when its from source? If it's too dark its because the source was too dark.. so i guess one video being too dark means all the videos are too dark..
djnak 7:22 PM - 3 March, 2011
Well Im glad I actually read this thread instead of bothering with going to the site and checking things out lol
DJ EkSeL 8:09 PM - 3 March, 2011
Etv isnt all that bad with video from the 90's. When it got into the 2000's it got kinda grainy. The Screenplay videos' are too dark and I might add, They're fuzzy. They look like they grabbed po videos and rerendered it (and I don't mean that literally). Here's an example:

Screenplay:
i46.photobucket.com

PO:
i46.photobucket.com

and if that wasn't enough

Screenplay:
i46.photobucket.com

PO:
i46.photobucket.com

All of screenplay videos look like that or worse. I just grabbed 2 at random. And I too get those gigantic video files from the labels and screenplay seems to darken them for a reason. But this is my opinion, some people are pick some not but that's my 2 sense.

As far as 12inch having etv videos on the site, I still have but to see 1 of them. Here's a video that I've looked and looked for everywhere. I just can't seem to get my hands on it. 12inchvideo had it, I asked them for it and they said no, but this will have to do for now. Etv has been the only one to ever have this video. I can't find it on po, mm, etc...

ETV:
i46.photobucket.com

12inchvideo.com:
i46.photobucket.com
Xtendamix 8:27 PM - 3 March, 2011
We have Groove Theory - Tell Me
Millz 8:36 PM - 3 March, 2011
my guess its the way they render them mpeg2.
Doug Howard 9:11 PM - 3 March, 2011
DJ EkSel.....

I'm sorry, but I'm not quite getting this. You're posted snaps of releases that are over three years old.

You are posting a snap of something that no one can be certain was either ripped from a DVD or is a frame from one of our older MPEG2 releases (we have long since then switched to mpg4)....against something from a competitor that I'm really not certain what format it is.

I do know though that we were the only pool to supply MPEG2 at that particular time. I believe the other legitimate pools were releasing a variety of versions of mpg4. So.... I guess by simple math we would have to guess that you are possibly comparing an MPEG2 snap against one of an mpg4? Is that it? Or are these both rips from DVD's which in that case makes them both even more confusing.

Regardless, we have evolved since then, as has everyone else.

I'm not outright saying you're not being fair here (even though you aren't), but seriously..... if you have an issue with us, how about making suggestions to us directly through our site, or calling us to talk, just like all of our other clients do who actually have an interest in our products and our evolution. Our programming and classic releases are created by the emails we get and conversations we have. Our standards in production and changes to the same are made by our users.

Frankly I've never had any client call us saying "you're videos are too dark." Never had anyone here bring it up to me either. But.... now that YOU bring it up, we'll take a look at it and try to determine what you're seeing.

But in all honesty, another manufacturer's web board is not the place to take us to task.

Just sayin' is all....

Doug H

www.vj-pro.com
Doug Howard 9:25 PM - 3 March, 2011
Oh.... one more thing.

We released Groove Theory - "Tell Me" on our ClassicVision Feb 2011 Love Songs Vol. 4. It's available to our subscribers on DVD or mpg4.

If you want me to hook you up, be more than happy to set you up as a client.

Best,

D
Doug Howard 9:33 PM - 3 March, 2011
Oops, my bad .... make that ClassicVision - 90's R&B Vol. 1 - Nov 2010.

....so damn many now, hard to keep track.

;-)
marx 10:40 PM - 3 March, 2011
Doug, he has no real credibility here when it comes to encoding & quality of videos. It seems he is just trying to side track the ETV situation. I'm sure by now there is no more ETV videos on the site anymore hehe.

I remember the name 12inchvideo from crateconnect a couple years back. All I remember is Excel promoting his new pool. So maybe talking in third person here. I don't know I don't care, I just wanted to chime in about the "dark" videos comment.

Excel don't take any offence, this is just my opinion. Also keep in mind Doug is one of the only pioneers in this dj video business.
DJ EkSeL 10:43 PM - 3 March, 2011
Hey Doug,

The reason I posted that old video is because a comment was made that 12inchvideo was using or has etv videos on their website I felt that I was disproving that by comparison of a etv video vs a 12inch video.

But the 2 other snap shots were of videos no more than 2 years old.

both snapshots were of a dvd rip (.vob files)

don't get me wrong. I believe that have you have a great service. I really am not trash talking it. I simply posted my opinion as to what the differences between services were and I do not believe I'm wrong. Perhaps it would of been a good idea for me to email and call etc.. but this isn't such a great deal to me.

I'm glad, I'm able to help out and I'm seriously surprised that no one has noticed. The biggest example I can give you is lmfao - shots. The youtube video looks sharper and brighter than sp's. And I hope you don't feel insulted, but it's the only way I can describe the differences.
Doug Howard 10:44 PM - 3 March, 2011
It's all good. Just happy to be here.

Hell, as long as I've been around, I'm happy to be anywhere.

Thanks Marx
DJ EkSeL 10:46 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
Doug, he has no real credibility here when it comes to encoding & quality of videos. It seems he is just trying to side track the ETV situation. I'm sure by now there is no more ETV videos on the site anymore hehe.

I remember the name 12inchvideo from crateconnect a couple years back. All I remember is Excel promoting his new pool. So maybe talking in third person here. I don't know I don't care, I just wanted to chime in about the "dark" videos comment.

Excel don't take any offence, this is just my opinion. Also keep in mind Doug is one of the only pioneers in this dj video business.

hehe, wrong excel.

btw, I'm not being rude or disrespectful (i hope) but my snap shots didn't show you what I was talking about? I was simply pointing that out.
Doug Howard 10:52 PM - 3 March, 2011
Eksel,

No worries. Seriously. All good.

Still happy to connect you with the Groove Theory - "Tell Me." All our people had it last year. That's why you need to call in once and awhile!

Best,

D
www.vj-pro.com
djpuma_gemini 10:40 PM - 11 March, 2011
so screenplay has a download section now. Who does their editing?
Culprit 10:42 PM - 11 March, 2011
Quote:
so screenplay has a download section now. Who does their editing?

As far as i know its all in house. Good quality stuff man, I highly suggest em.
djpuma_gemini 11:23 PM - 11 March, 2011
I'm not looking to join any others. Got the video (editing) game on lock, just wondering who does editing.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:33 AM - 13 March, 2011
Hmmm, wentt to check out 12inchvidz and Firefox has a Untrusted Connection warning...

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to www.12inchvideo.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

I guess they are doing a name change: www.vjstreet.com

www.12inchvideo.com uses an invalid security certificate.The certificate is only valid for the following names: www.vjstreet.com , vjstreet.com

Oh well - can't risk this on gig night - will see what up next week....

Will the old log in work for the new site?
Henry GQ 8:58 AM - 13 March, 2011
this is all too funny.
DjBoozie 1:53 PM - 15 March, 2011
12inchvideo.com was a beta site, now the vjstreet team is the full site
DjBoozie 1:54 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
12inchvideo.com was a beta site, now the vjstreet team is the full site

They are shutting it down at the end of the week and moving forward with the vjstreet website
djpuma_gemini 2:19 PM - 15 March, 2011
and
DjBoozie 2:24 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
and

And what. He was wondering why he was getting that message. I guess
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:27 PM - 15 March, 2011
Thanks Boozie - yeah, I hit 'em up yesterday to get the details.... They sent a brief email reply with the same info.
djpuma_gemini 2:31 PM - 15 March, 2011
and does the site function better than before.

i got the email saying they changed, but haven't checked it out.
DjBoozie 2:34 PM - 15 March, 2011
You'll have to start a new account and I haven't done that yet.. I'm trying to see if my remaining credits will transfer to the new account. Waiting to hear back from them now
djpuma_gemini 2:34 PM - 15 March, 2011
Is it me or is an inst track a waste of time to make?

Since you don't care about the words lining up because there aren't any you can just associate the main video to the inst audio and save some space.
DjBoozie 2:34 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
and does the site function better than before.

i got the email saying they changed, but haven't checked it out.

but to answer your question..Yeah it's much more user friendly
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:40 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
Is it me or is an inst track a waste of time to make?

You know I thought about that but I played a few over the weekend (well 1) and it works kinda.

Again - club goers don't give a fuck about detail but think about a Xtendz - instead of using wordless sequences - just run the same video without words. Yes their mouths are flapping but you get the visual - mix back around and drop the vocal video - it worked.

I know you work hard on video edits and intros but a inst. can kinda work when a Xtendz or Intro isn't available just like with regular audio.
djpuma_gemini 3:04 PM - 15 March, 2011
yeah but you can just associate a single edit with an inst track, or are the inst videos different?
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:17 PM - 15 March, 2011
I played Inst. of Queen Pen - All My Love - Watchwww.youtube.com - it is visually pretty with the Cd flying and the kitty cat - but the flapping or mouthing was a little weird...

By the time the Hook came - I was mixing in the vocal version... It is pretty much the same video just tracked to the instrumental.
djpuma_gemini 3:24 PM - 15 March, 2011
yeah that's what I thought, to me it's more hard drive efficient and video editing efficient to just associate the inst track to the single edit (video)
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:29 PM - 15 March, 2011
Yeah I see what you are saying... Less wasted space, instead of two versions just sync Inst. - where's the DJ Puma Tutorial on how to do it?
DjBoozie 3:34 PM - 15 March, 2011
Puma an intrumental video is a waste of time and hd space. I asked them about it and they said they had requested for them. I would rather have more acapella video the instrumental
djpuma_gemini 4:01 PM - 15 March, 2011
@art.

It's not hard, just load an inst track to a deck and drag a video to the assign video (something like that)button.

that's it.

@boozie, I agree acaps are more important than inst videos the acap needs to be lined up with the video, but inst doesn't necessarily need to.
Dj TopDonn 4:11 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
I played Inst. of Queen Pen - All My Love - Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com - it is visually pretty with the Cd flying and the kitty cat - but the flapping or mouthing was a little weird...

By the time the Hook came - I was mixing in the vocal version... It is pretty much the same video just tracked to the instrumental.

There is 'lip flap" on very many of the Extended or Intro versions of video's on the site, its one of the quality control issues I'm hoping they (vjstreet now) has noted.

Im hoping they go back and re-edit those video's
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:46 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
@art.

It's not hard, just load an inst track to a deck and drag a video to the assign video (something like that)button.

that's it..

Hmmm - I don't have a extended intro on Nicki Minaj - moment for life - so I have been using a audio DJ intro - can you assign which part of a song a video links to? How do u align so no lip flap?

Thanks I'm new.... : )
djpuma_gemini 7:04 PM - 15 March, 2011
you can't align like that. the audio will start at the 00:00 mark and so will the video, can't shift them (yet)
Millz 7:10 PM - 15 March, 2011
why not get a subscription to Smashvidz Art. We have 2 different versions of Moment For Life, both including clean/dirty/snipz and more :)
DjBoozie 7:13 PM - 15 March, 2011
That's a hard pill to swallow having to drop that 127 in the door Millz... Lot of peeps aint got it like that
Joshua Carl 7:28 PM - 15 March, 2011
wow...howd i sleep on this disaster?
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:29 PM - 15 March, 2011
Yep - just dabbling on the video side until I know what my residency is gonna do (pay more) - more of a proof of concept thing to show the potential. I'm getting a few vidz here and there (www.latenightrecordpool.com) I've only spun vidz out about 3 or 4 times - basically do like an hour of video so when i (re)negotiate with the owner, ill have a buzz going on so it will be harder to say no.

I want to do smash but www.idjpool.com was supposed to start video this month but still working out the kinks - seems like smash is the way to go regardless from what I have researched here.

Will probably start a smash account soon (after the negotiations with the bar)
DjBoozie 7:32 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
Yep - just dabbling on the video side until I know what my residency is gonna do (pay more) - more of a proof of concept thing to show the potential. I'm getting a few vidz here and there (www.latenightrecordpool.com) I've only spun vidz out about 3 or 4 times - basically do like an hour of video so when i (re)negotiate with the owner, ill have a buzz going on so it will be harder to say no.

I want to do smash but www.idjpool.com was supposed to start video this month but still working out the kinks - seems like smash is the way to go regardless from what I have researched here.

Will probably start a smash account soon (after the negotiations with the bar)

Actually it is Art plain and simple.. If you want a lot of version of a some then go with smash. I just jump on board and I happy as hell I did
tomatoslice 7:55 PM - 15 March, 2011
i use instrumentals
Joshua Carl 8:00 PM - 15 March, 2011
I do as well, Ive made a few videos using all the non-lip parts of a video.
and I usually make it a QH, because you can generally loop it for 32,or re-cue it.
so they are generally no longer than 1:00/1:30
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:05 PM - 15 March, 2011
@ Boozie No doubt about Smash - quality is definitely there from what I have seen and the quick hitter versions (read about the different versions on the website) seems to be the way to go (but $147 without a firm commitment is a risk - lol)
djpuma_gemini 8:13 PM - 15 March, 2011
better to build your library now then to build it later.

I started before pools were out and I kind of wish I hadn't cause of all the shitty po vobs rendered to letterboxed 640x480 cause a mufucka didn't know what he was doing back then, but now it's on like donkey kong
DJ DisGrace 8:17 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:

I started before pools were out and I kind of wish I hadn't cause of all the shitty po vobs rendered to letterboxed 640x480 cause a mufucka didn't know what he was doing back then, but now it's on like donkey kong

+1 damn PO.... gotta redo all my Hot Video Classics
djpuma_gemini 8:23 PM - 15 March, 2011
haha yep.

I hate when i pull an old video out and see black bars all the way around it.

#losing
Culprit 8:34 PM - 15 March, 2011
with dj extractor, ripping po dvds is a breeze.
Joshua Carl 8:36 PM - 15 March, 2011
I need to rip all my muppett's DVDs

hint hint on the next battle tool.

/end thread jack
Millz 8:38 PM - 15 March, 2011
nice youve been talkin about that for a long time, cant wait! mr thread jack3r
marx 9:44 PM - 15 March, 2011
I wonder where the word Xtendz came from?

Let's take off the "Z" & call it our own :-P

Originality, anyone....anyone....it will separate you from the rest.

Bueller
djpuma_gemini 9:47 PM - 15 March, 2011
I think you (marx) and other smash gurus were drinking one day and say the extenze commercial and decided to name your intro tracks xtendz
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:52 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:

I was just thinking that - back when I first got Serato - I still carried my vinyl for about 6 or 8 months because I didn't feel comfortable with my library.

That's why I am kinda just testing video @ the bar until I can build a good library of current and classics so I can work.

I spun some of the videos from the company in title of this thread this weekend helped to fill some gaps so I felt as comfortable video as audio for that hour set of straight video. I could play a song and gauge the response and go in one direction or the other
DjBoozie 9:56 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
@ Boozie No doubt about Smash - quality is definitely there from what I have seen and the quick hitter versions (read about the different versions on the website) seems to be the way to go (but $147 without a firm commitment is a risk - lol)

I thought the same thing (but it's 127) and they didnt take the money from my account until after I was approved
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:58 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
I think you (marx) and other smash gurus were fucking one day and saw the extenze commercial and decided to name your intro tracks xtendz

Hey his lifestyle is his choice and he had to work with what god gave him. As long as the quality of the vidz stay up (pun intended)

: )

(think I just got banned from smash - JOKES MARX JOKES)
DjBoozie 10:00 PM - 15 March, 2011
Damn Y'all just Hi-jacked this po lil thread..
marx 10:13 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
I think you (marx) and other smash gurus were drinking one day and say the extenze commercial and decided to name your intro tracks xtendz

drinking was involved for sure :-)
Joshua Carl 10:24 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
drinking was involved for sure :-)

well, theres a shocker.
djpuma_gemini 10:27 PM - 15 March, 2011
haha yep.

I still wish I could find that old file marx sent me before smash launched.

50 cent - I get money (avi file)
before we knew what vsl was gonna support.

I'm gonna find it and post it up here for all to view.
marx 10:29 PM - 15 March, 2011
divx worked great with vdj :-)

better then mp4 at the time
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 10:31 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
Damn Y'all just Hi-jacked this po lil thread..

Actually that is a good thing - they changed the name of the service and are about to relaunch - perfect excuse to start a new thread and NOT get warning from mods. Thread jack is like a free pass to start a new thread - lol
Dj Owe 8:58 AM - 21 March, 2011
i like your site and the selection, the vid isint high quality. eg young money every girl video quality is pixilated.

howcome?
Millz 7:23 PM - 21 March, 2011
Its because they are novices. Owe, check out the real deal at www.smashvidz.com
Gregg R 1:53 AM - 22 March, 2011
Quote:

howcome?

re-encoded promo only rips downloaded from p2p sites used for source files??
DJMark 1:56 AM - 22 March, 2011
LOL
djpuma_gemini 2:24 AM - 22 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

howcome?

re-encoded promo only rips downloaded from p2p sites used for source files??

those are bananas.

I love re-encoded flv files to mp4s
Keeps the crowd guessing
Culprit 5:33 PM - 28 March, 2011
Hey Exotic, thats unfortunate. Please keep us informed of your situation. I know its been said over and over, but I would highly recommend Smashvidz if you are serious about video mixing. Content, Quality and Service is untouchable. If your in Canada. Xtendamix is the way to go. You can also find some rare gems at Strictly Hits. You cant go wrong with those three sources, and no I am no way affiliated with those sites. I am just a happy customer of them.
djpuma_gemini 6:11 PM - 28 March, 2011
+1
Dj-Pyro 8:39 PM - 28 March, 2011
+2
They came in here acting like they were all about customer service, but I have yet to any....
tomatoslice 8:58 PM - 28 March, 2011
no responses in this thread from 12inch since March 2nd.
hopefully, they will.

to be a respected, solid and good company with business sense they should reply soon.
i know smash and xtendamix would have a reply, by now or soon, addressing the issues and concerns expressed here.
Henry GQ 6:10 AM - 29 March, 2011
some services are only run by 1 person, i wouldnt be surprised if this web site is.. shit they might even be the editor too.. some people are all business and have made their services awesome... we all know who they are.
djpuma_gemini 2:52 PM - 29 March, 2011
thanks.

haha just playing
Henry GQ 9:02 PM - 29 March, 2011
Quote:
thanks.

haha just playing

=]
Humsta 3:38 AM - 8 April, 2011
Ya'll hijacked this forum lol. My 2 cents..... those guys have a gang of content and i'll keep using them and recommend them to all starters lookin for a decent video collection.
Culprit 6:48 AM - 8 April, 2011
hey humsta, u work for the site? just curious..
sl1200 7:14 AM - 8 April, 2011
Awesome site. Managed to fill in many gaps I have in my collection. Also the service has been exceptional with prompt responses to my emails.

I love their catalogue setup the most, saves time searching for tracks.
tomatoslice 7:27 AM - 8 April, 2011
who is hums think he is fooling?!?
4 entire posts on one subject. puh-leaze!!
marx 8:26 AM - 8 April, 2011
haha dead project, have to hide under another name now...wait i'm sorry they were "bought out"