DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

A good Wonderwall mix?

dyvrs 6:00 AM - 11 June, 2007
Any reccommend one?

Not really liking the California wonderwall or the boulevard wonderwall mixes that I found so far.

Anyone know if theres an Lethal Weapon or some other mix out?
Rebelguy 7:17 AM - 11 June, 2007
You could always make your own. At least then it would be the way you want it.
dyvrs 9:57 AM - 11 June, 2007
yea i could do that i guess but why should i thats being original??

sarcasim

anyone?
Audio1 10:11 PM - 29 January, 2009
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:40 PM - 30 January, 2009
Anyone ever heard that wonderwall mix with oasis in it???
DJ Brett B 5:27 PM - 30 January, 2009
mastermind 5:48 PM - 30 January, 2009
^^^nice.
bourbonstmc 6:03 PM - 30 January, 2009
^^^ That's the best mashup I've heard in a while. Definitely goes with the 5% that don't suck and not the 95% that do. ^^^
djaction 6:39 PM - 30 January, 2009
hit up rollergod
JonnyBlazeEcu 6:42 PM - 30 January, 2009
DJ Rekka - Wonder Break

ummmm you are missing out if you don't have this one... every time I spin it people ask me where it came from club goers and djs...

www.crooklynclan.net

cop it!
stymie 6:53 PM - 30 January, 2009
Oasis made a good song??
DJ Strike It Up 7:01 PM - 30 January, 2009
My good lad, did you not hear that they are bigger than jesus?
stymie 7:05 PM - 30 January, 2009
Are they going to be the ones that saaaave meeeee?
Anonymo 8:40 PM - 30 January, 2009
Quote:
Are they going to be the ones that saaaave meeeee?

Maybe, but after all it's just wonderwall.
dj lad 2:00 AM - 31 January, 2009
dj lad 2:00 AM - 31 January, 2009
I hope mine isn't in that 95%, bourbonst.
DJ AM 2:25 AM - 31 January, 2009
How bout you make one. Unlike any you heard before. You sit and go thru drums or instrumentals and find one that fits. Then work out the timing to make it flow and sound good. Then practice it so you know where to move the pitch as wonderwall was not recorded to a click track so it sways off beat. When did people forget, thats what a DJ does. Last time I checked, we actually MIX ourselves.
DCM 2:28 AM - 31 January, 2009
ibtl?
DJ Sniffles 2:29 AM - 31 January, 2009
Hurr HURRRRR.

In yo face

That AM guy sucks anyways

Dollhouse DJs 09'
DCM 2:30 AM - 31 January, 2009
ibtl?
kalibhakta 2:40 AM - 31 January, 2009
Rrollergod's Wonderwall is the shiznit--kid's got the beatz perfectly taped down!
dj lad 2:53 AM - 31 January, 2009
Oof, yeah, sorry. No sharing music. Apologies. I forgot.
sG 3:14 AM - 31 January, 2009
Quote:
Any reccommend one?

Not really liking the California wonderwall or the boulevard wonderwall mixes that I found so far.

Anyone know if theres an Lethal Weapon or some other mix out?

mine? ;)

www.thedjsg.com
sG 3:15 AM - 31 January, 2009
Quote:
Oasis made a good song??

Wow.
B0N35 4:03 PM - 31 January, 2009
I'm gonna suggest: Wonderwall vs Pjanoo

It was a mashup made by someone, Cant remember who, but if you love pryda you will love this...
sopranosupasta 4:33 PM - 31 January, 2009
Wonderwall is soooo 2008.
bourbonstmc 6:54 PM - 31 January, 2009
Quote:
Then practice it so you know where to move the pitch

Well, Mr. AM, you obviously haven't paid attention to Rrollergod. All you need is marker tape!
Liquidice 2:03 AM - 2 February, 2009
Suddenly everyone just starts caring about this song? Been playing it for 4 years now.. If you want a remix of it.. put in the effort and do it live. Do dj's even practice anymore these days or are they all producers suddenly. If you do produce your own mix kudo's to you but it's nice to see the DJ actually DOING something behind the decks versus overproducing in pro-tools.

Nice remix bourbonstmc.
deepdjdanny 9:23 AM - 2 February, 2009
wonderwall is soooo 1996
skratchworx 9:50 AM - 2 February, 2009
I do hope this wonderwall fad is over soon. Very soon.
DJ LTIZZZLE 10:57 AM - 2 February, 2009
Quote:

Me too
Audio1 4:53 PM - 2 February, 2009
Anything DJ AM does in a routine will live forever. It can be a good and bad thing, but we used to say the same about DJ Z-Trip years ago as well with "Dust In The Wind" and everyone who busted that mashup live.
Audio1 4:53 PM - 2 February, 2009
or anything DJ Z-TRIP/DJP did on that concept mix.
frost-9 6:42 PM - 2 February, 2009
Quote:

I think it's more that people should realize it's a closer, not a peak hour track a la AM.

+1 on the Rekka mix. Kills it every time.
Dj Shamann 6:57 PM - 2 February, 2009
Quote:
Suddenly everyone just starts caring about this song? Been playing it for 4 years now..

And I've been playing it since it actually came out what's your point? To you the track is a fad that people do because some other Dj who has a name did it, to me it's a track people like and have no clue who that name Dj is.

What do you care if cats are producing mixes of it? You're coming across as one of those cats who will boast on here that they did a one take mix for 40 minutes when most of us who Dj on the regular do one take straight through mixes 6 hours a night at work. Stop worrying about what a next Dj does, as long as he's not straight up biting another cats mix (or making youtube videos disecting it)just because they made it popular, who gives a fuck.

Too much bitterness towards other Dj's around here. Makes you look like a newbie. (LOL @ been playing this for four years now, like you're a pioneer)
Audio1 7:52 PM - 2 February, 2009
Thanks Shamann... You posted exactly what Im thinking... I think of tracks like "Killing In the Name" by Rage Against The Machine. People playing them now because some DJ or producer made it popular and those are normal tracks one would normally play out at parties.
sixxx 7:57 PM - 2 February, 2009
Quote:
How bout you make one. Unlike any you heard before. You sit and go thru drums or instrumentals and find one that fits. Then work out the timing to make it flow and sound good. Then practice it so you know where to move the pitch as wonderwall was not recorded to a click track so it sways off beat. When did people forget, thats what a DJ does. Last time I checked, we actually MIX ourselves.

mixing ourselves sounds like a homo orgy. I mix music. :P
DjWoody 8:27 PM - 2 February, 2009
Quote:
Suddenly everyone just starts caring about this song? Been playing it for 4 years now..

Did you see the original date of this post? This post was made a while back.
Jesus Christ 9:23 PM - 2 February, 2009
Quote:

/thread

I see you jockin' AM, jockin' AM... jockin'jockin' AM, jockin' AM...

LOL
DJ Dynamite - NJ 11:08 PM - 2 February, 2009
Damn you Audio1 for reviving this 2 year old thread.

LOL
Audio1 12:24 AM - 3 February, 2009
hahhaha Figured. Every 2 years someone wants to blow this mix up! Haha.
Audio1 12:39 AM - 3 February, 2009
For the record, Mr. Dibbs, Swamp and DJ Eddie Def (Bulletproof Scratch Hamsters) were some of the first DJ's to do the rock/hiphop live mashup stuff... I remember them pissing everyone off for playing shit like Nirvana over Mobb Deep or Rancid over James Brown, at the raves out here in the Mid-90's. Haha
Audio1 12:40 AM - 3 February, 2009
I guess, Many DJ's did this, but guys like AM and Z-Trip blew up on a mainstream level.
Liquidice 1:02 AM - 3 February, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Did you see the original date of this post? This post was made a while back.

FAIL on my part I didn't see the date
Audio1 2:16 AM - 3 February, 2009
No sweat. They will be jockin this Wonderwall mash in 2011, again!
Billy18bm 3:36 AM - 3 February, 2009
Quote:
Rrollergod's Wonderwall is the shiznit--kid's got the beatz perfectly taped down!
haha
DJ Brett B 7:55 AM - 5 February, 2009
Quote:
^^^ That's the best mashup I've heard in a while. Definitely goes with the 5% that don't suck and not the 95% that do. ^^^

Man, thank you!
Rebelguy 8:48 AM - 5 February, 2009
Quote:
For the record, Mr. Dibbs, Swamp and DJ Eddie Def (Bulletproof Scratch Hamsters) were some of the first DJ's to do the rock/hiphop live mashup stuff... I remember them pissing everyone off for playing shit like Nirvana over Mobb Deep or Rancid over James Brown, at the raves out here in the Mid-90's. Haha

Actually I used to have quite a few Jazzy Jim/Skyway sounds mixtapes from the late 80s and early 90s with him doing the mashup thing way before the Bulletproof Scratch Hamsters. He had a sick mix of Paradise City over Brand New Funk that always comes to mind.

Even commercial radio was on it. I remember when Theo Mizuhara was a part time mixshow DJ on KMEL doing Saturday LATE night mixes. He was rocking Welcome To The Jungle over some crazy break beat. This was the very early 90s.
John Tivep 4:45 AM - 18 May, 2015
This is an interesting mix of Wonderwall I came across, it's a live version, has a bunch of genres thrown in. It has TMNT in it too - Watchwww.youtube.com
dj_soo 10:31 AM - 18 May, 2015
this is the best version: Watchwww.youtube.com