Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

nothing works!!!!at alll

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
kingrevo 2:44 AM - 7 August, 2004
all connections are secure...usb cable plugged in and blue light for power is on interface. software launches, recognizes hardware (i think) but record labels dont spin, i get no audio signal, no time code signal on thru/phono mode. no waveform movement, no signal oscillation in calibration mode. have tried everything including reversing inputs/toggling from line to phono mode. using different mp3 files, re-installing software, restarting comp.....NUTHIN!!!!!
Brand new, out the box, direct from RANE...today!
whuts the deal...?
running on brand new G4 laptop, 15" screen 1ghz pc/768 ram...60 gig drive.....holla back
feniks 2:51 AM - 7 August, 2004
have you downloaded the latest updates?
kingrevo 2:57 AM - 7 August, 2004
nope.....but check it, the shit wont even play a file in internal mode. i hit the play button......NUTHIN!!!!!!!!

wtf?
kingrevo 2:58 AM - 7 August, 2004
running osx 10.3.2 PANTHER
feniks 4:38 AM - 7 August, 2004
the first versions had quite a few bugs. i would strongly suggest grabbing the latest public version (1107) off this forum and trying that first. also, what are your computer specs? you need to make sure that your computer is not below minimum specs. tey the updates and see what happens.
nik39 10:31 AM - 7 August, 2004
Have you tried to use an external hardware supply for your SSL box?
Stuart Ramdeen 1:44 PM - 7 August, 2004
calm down! :-) take a deep breath and relax. First of all, as nik39 said are you using the power supply for the box? I'm running EXACTLY the same powerbook as you and it doesn't provide enough power for the SSL box. You need to get a dc adapter as stated in the manual and plug that bad boy in. Lack of power would also explain why you're not getting any thru mode.

stu

ps, why haven't you upgraded to 10.3.4?
nik39 9:53 PM - 7 August, 2004
kingrevo, it seems like your issue was resolved. It would be cool if you just posted to this thread that everything is okay, that is the least what we who tried to help you could expect, some feedback.
kingrevo 10:23 PM - 7 August, 2004
thanks yall....i got the power supply and everything is cool. just minor problems that im sure everyone else is having....

peace