Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

i don't receive all notifications anymore

radikarl 3:38 PM - 23 December, 2010
for some reason, since a few days, i don't get email notifications anymore for all threads i am tracking.

i get notified sometimes, and i can not read any pattern to it yet,

but what i know for sure is that some of the emails do not arrive. they are not in my spam-folder either, i double checked that.

has anything changed in your email policy since the maintenance downtime a few days ago?

Does anyone else have similar issues?

Cheers.
radikarl
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:19 PM - 4 January, 2011
Hi radikarl.

Quote:
has anything changed in your email policy since the maintenance downtime a few days ago?

No, nothing has changed at our end and I haven't heard of anyone else experiencing this sort of problem.

As you've already suggested, it would help us if you could identify some sort of pattern. Intermittent problems are always the most annoying to track down :-)

Keep me posted.
radikarl 10:51 PM - 4 January, 2011
Hello ChrisD

thank you for your response.

a first example - i did not get a notification for this one ;-)

i will try to list every thread here where i did not get a notification.
maybe that will lead to the discovery of some pattern.

do you want me to list the ones where i DO get notified too?

Cheers
Serato, Support
ChrisD 11:11 PM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:
i will try to list every thread here where i did not get a notification.

Great.

Quote:
do you want me to list the ones where i DO get notified too?

Yes please.
radikarl 10:23 AM - 5 January, 2011
i will do that via PM ;-)
FDW 12:14 AM - 12 January, 2011
Hi.

I have the same prob with the Private Discussions. I have checked "Email you when someone sends you a private message" but I don't get any mails.

Spam-folder is empty and I don't think my host is filtering your mails. Do you send the newsletter via the same server?

The last mail I got is from April 6th 2009 from ScratchLIVE.net :/ Long long time ago.

I will track this thread. Maybe some mails will find my inbox.
radikarl 12:20 AM - 12 January, 2011
FDW are you part of some invite beta program?
for me there is at least a temporal coincidence.
i don't know if there is a causal one.
but it would be interesting if you happend to be invited for the first time about April 2009. ;-)
Serato, Support
ChrisD 12:38 AM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
Do you send the newsletter via the same server?

No. They come from a dedicated machine. The notifications come from the web servers.

It could be a configuration issue that means that email from the web servers is sometimes marked as spam. I'll have a word with Pete-the-hairy-IT-guy.
nik39 12:42 AM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
Pete-the-hairy-IT-guy.

Pics please ;)
Serato, Support
ChrisD 12:44 AM - 12 January, 2011
You don't want pics, nik. Trust me on that one.
FDW 12:49 AM - 12 January, 2011
Nik likes nerdcore! Trust me ;)

Quote:
FDW are you part of some invite beta program?

Yes.

Quote:
They come from a dedicated machine. The notifications come from the web servers.

Damn, the newsletters are working fine. Maybe I should ask my IT-guy if some I-dont-accept-mails-I-dont-like-thing is switched on.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 1:12 AM - 12 January, 2011
Depending on what app you use to read email and what spam filtering software your mail server uses you may be able to look at the raw mail headers and see a spam score for the emails.

I'd be curious to know comparative scores for a Serato Newsletter and a forum notification email.
FDW 1:20 AM - 12 January, 2011
I changed some settings. The mailserver should now accept everything. Maybe between the enlargement pills will be a mail from Serato.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 1:53 AM - 12 January, 2011
That's good because Serato Enlargement Pills is this year's big NAMM announcement. You heard it here first!!

Actually, there is a small config difference between our two web servers which Pete is looking into now.

It could be that you guys are receiving email from one machine but not the other, which would explain the otherwise inexplicable intermittent nature of this problem.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 2:06 AM - 12 January, 2011
OK, the Pete-the-not-actually-that-hairy-IT-guy has tweaked the miscreant server so that both machines are now identically configured.

FDW and radikarl, could you please keep me posted as to whether or not you're still experiencing the intermittent sending of notification emails.
radikarl 3:46 PM - 12 January, 2011
a brief update:
everything now seems to work on my side.
i will report back if messages are lost again, but it is looking good at the moment.
FDW 9:13 PM - 12 January, 2011
Nothing at my side. But I'm still waiting for an answer from my hoster. Maybe you server is somehow blacklisted or something.

I can't deactivate greylisting at the moment. Is that a problem?
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:18 PM - 12 January, 2011
Quote:
I can't deactivate greylisting at the moment. Is that a problem?

Shouldn't be.
Serato, Moderator
Peter-G 3:32 AM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Pete-the-hairy-IT-guy.

Pics please ;)

Oh my.. *flutter* If you keep that up Nik you may just get some pics. Hope you are a big fan of Chewbacca.

Quote:
Pete-the-not-actually-that-hairy-IT-guy

Are you hinting at something there Chris?
nik39 11:26 AM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Oh my.. *flutter* If you keep that up Nik you may just get some pics. Hope you are a big fan of Chewbacca.

Hahaha :) My son is getting into Star Wars now... He might enjoy it!
radikarl 10:48 AM - 17 January, 2011
just to confirm again, it is working 100% for me since the change. not a single notification missed.

thank you
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:15 PM - 17 January, 2011
Good news. Thanks radikarl.

How about you FDW?
FDW 9:19 PM - 17 January, 2011
Still not a single mail and still no answer from my hoster :(
radikarl 9:14 PM - 9 February, 2011
Hello,

sadly i have to report another bug here:

for private discussions, i never receive the first (initial) notification email.
once i get a second message in that private discussion, everything works as it should from then on.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:24 PM - 9 February, 2011
Stink.

OK, i'll look into it.
FDW 7:45 PM - 16 March, 2011
Hi.

So, FINALLY.: My webhoster is asking, if you get any rejection-mails if you try to send me the notifications. They can't do anything without these mails...

THX.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 12:47 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
I have the same prob with the Private Discussions. I have checked "Email you when someone sends you a private message" but I don't get any mails.

Quote:
for private discussions, i never receive the first (initial) notification email.
once i get a second message in that private discussion, everything works as it should from then on.

This was a bug which I've now fixed.