Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

ADDING ALBUM ART TO AIFF AND WAV FILES

aLx Sánchez 8:05 PM - 3 May, 2007
this is my suggestion:
I record all my vynils to aiff and wav files and I take fotos from their covers.I know that only album arts from mp3 files can be displayed in the serato software.
Is not possible to create an option to display the album arts from this formats?
For example, in iTunes there is a folder for this purpose(you can add an album art to aiff and wav files because you have all this album arts in a folder and is not necessary to create a mp3 file).
For me is very important this option because i don´t would like to decrease the quality of my files by the album art, and by the other way, I´m dj from a lot of years and I always check the covers from my vinyls to find it fastest.
thanks in advance
Toby82 10:15 PM - 3 May, 2007
I hope they implement flac support (lossless format with same quality as aiff or wav). It is completely tagabale and you can include images. It also saves you at about 45% of your disk space. This would also solve your problem.
Inofaith 8:22 PM - 4 May, 2007
YES, I was thinking of this very feature too.

I'm also digitalizing all my vinyl to WAV (and CD's to mp3) and i CANT add any info.
In iTunes also, but in SSL i can add some more artist, title, album etc info... but NOT album art?

(how do you add album art to WAV's in iTunes???)

Never used FLAC but that sounds nice... is FLAC supported in iTunes so we can organise t like you do with mp3's?
aLx Sánchez 6:38 PM - 7 May, 2007
I think that is not very difficult to create an folder to put the album art like in iTunes and I hope that this will be implemented.
Inofaith:I don´t know if is possible to add album art to WAV files in iTunes,I only tried with AIFF and mp3 files
Treebeard 11:15 PM - 12 July, 2007
I used media monkey at the mo and you can add album art to wavs (saved separately obviously). Its a good way of storing all this stuff for now until ssl get it together and support this for wavs. Us djs that think of tracks visually and have the memories of a pea pod will wait with bated breath.
djtripp 1:42 AM - 15 July, 2007
You can't add album art to WAVs because it only reads the title of the file. For some reason there is no way to do an ID3 tag-esque thing with WAVs. Whenever you re-import your library into itunes you'll notice to have to rename the wave files again. Big problem when you're making tracks yourself and have 58 copies of test.wav in your itunes.
nik39 2:41 AM - 15 July, 2007
Quote:
You can't add album art to WAVs because it only reads the title of the file. For some reason there is no way to do an ID3 tag-esque thing with WAVs.

Well there is... SSL is able to store tags in Wav files.
Res-Q 10:53 PM - 1 August, 2007
I dont wanna use I tune, ans so I would also like to import album art to any type of file from within SSL.