Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

TTM 57 Hardware - "Soft" Buttons Stuck

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
africa 5:26 PM - 24 April, 2007
I play a weekly gig at a club that purchased the TTM 57 a few months back and like a lot of the new functions, especially the ease with which I can set and trigger cue points.

Lately, I've noticed that the two of the "soft" buttons (or whatever it is the buttons labeled B1 through B6 are called) keep sticking. That is, the buttons don't respond accurately, no matter what touch I use when I depress them (e.g., hard, slowly, from an angle, etc.)-- sometimes they respond, but most of the time they don't. This is really aggravating.

As far as I can tell, the mixer hasn't suffered any unusual abuse (there's no stickiness from drinks spilled on it, for example), just normal wear and tear (dust, grime, inept DJs).

Two questions:

1. Is there a way to fix the buttons so that they respond normally again?

2. Is there a way to prevent this from happening to the other buttons?
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:14 PM - 24 April, 2007
1. Try a bit of contact cleaner -->> store.caig.com

2. Keeping the mixer clean and covered when not in use is the best way.

If the contact cleaner has no affect, I suggest sending the unit in for service.

To send the unit in for repair you will need to be issued an RA# (return authorization number). To request an RA, please e-mail me your serial number, full name, shipping address and telephone number.

Rane Contacts -->> rane.com
africa 6:45 PM - 24 April, 2007
Shaun,

Thanks for the quick response. I have some standard contact cleaner but I don't know how to apply it in this instance. For example, do I need to take the mixer's face-plate off?

Also, would regular DeoxIT work, or is there an advantage to the gold stuff?
Rane, Support
Shaun W 9:41 PM - 24 April, 2007
Regular DeoxIT will work. Leave the top cover on and apply a tiny bit of DeoxIT between the button and the cover.