DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato SL3... for $629 out-the-door!

m0rph! 12:03 PM - 29 October, 2010
I sold my SL1 a couple of years ago to a friend... and now needed another SL box for personal use. Best deal I've found to date ends this Saturday!

Select your SL3 from www.theDJhookup.com (authorized Rane dealer)

Use the coupon code: 70OFFSL3 (copy/paste; caps ARE important)

Your price should be $629 total! I just got mine... best price on the internet... get yours if you've been waiting for a good deal on Rane gear.

I am not affiliated with theDJhookup in any way, and I am not trying to break the rules of this forum. I understand that times are tough; that money is tight; and that every penny counts. If this post breaks the forum rules, please delete -- I've been a member long enough for the mods / Serato to know that I come here with respect.

Peaceness,
- m0rph!
djbanno 12:42 PM - 29 October, 2010
peaceness?
IBTL
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:33 PM - 29 October, 2010
and this thread is out the door, IBTL
VJ Justin Allen 2:48 PM - 29 October, 2010
Missed doing this IBTL
Rebelguy 2:54 PM - 29 October, 2010
Quote:
I sold my SL1 a couple of years ago to a friend... and now needed another SL box for personal use. Best deal I've found to date ends this Saturday!

Select your SL3 from www.theDJhookup.com (authorized Rane dealer)

Use the coupon code: 70OFFSL3 (copy/paste; caps ARE important)

Your price should be $629 total! I just got mine... best price on the internet... get yours if you've been waiting for a good deal on Rane gear.

I am not affiliated with theDJhookup in any way, and I am not trying to break the rules of this forum. I understand that times are tough; that money is tight; and that every penny counts. If this post breaks the forum rules, please delete -- I've been a member long enough for the mods / Serato to know that I come here with respect.

Peaceness,
- m0rph!

Or I could just go to www.northersound.net (authorized dealer) and get it for $594.10 out the door.
ninos 3:16 PM - 29 October, 2010
ibtl mang
Dj Shamann 7:16 PM - 29 October, 2010
LOL @ everyone always falling over themselves to put IBTL, like they rack up points for every IBTL thread they get a post into before it gets locked.

PHEWWW!!! Made it! That was close!

Look at his forum history first, he's obviously a regular member, second I'm pretty sure there's no rule against telling people about other deals if they have no affiliation. I've never seen a "Hey, Tech's are X amount of $$$ this weekend at Guitar Center" threads get IBTL'd. Thirdly, this is a Serato site and the guy is linking to an authorized Rane/Serato dealer... they make money off that shit!

Some of you need to relax, it's played out.
bill-e 7:18 PM - 29 October, 2010
ibtl unless
Quote:
Thirdly, this is a Serato site and the guy is linking to an authorized Rane/Serato dealer... they make money off that shit!
Banana_Peter 7:21 PM - 29 October, 2010
IBYL SUCKAAAAAAAAA
Banana_Peter 7:21 PM - 29 October, 2010
IBTL
Sureshot (PA) 7:25 PM - 29 October, 2010
Might want to think twice before you blow up the spot. Since Rane has a Minimum Advertised Price policy for its dealers, you're probably getting these vendors in trouble and therefore, killing the deal.
m0rph! 8:19 PM - 29 October, 2010
Quote:
... second I'm pretty sure there's no rule against telling people about other deals if they have no affiliation.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I read the forum rules before posting.

Quote:
Might want to think twice before you blow up the spot. Since Rane has a Minimum Advertised Price policy for its dealers, you're probably getting these vendors in trouble and therefore, killing the deal.

I thought about that too. They do advertise the MAP. This is pretty much a "sale" with a $70 discount coupon they're offering. I posted this thread 6 years ago: serato.com , and it was never locked.

ANYWAYS, thought some folks here who were on the fence about purchasing an SL3 might wanna take advantage. Just trying to be helpful. The mods know what to do... lock the thread, delete the thread, leave-the-thread alone... I'm no spammer; my forum history speaks for itself. ;-)
VJ Justin Allen 8:49 PM - 29 October, 2010
You suck all the joy out of IBTL lol
djdannyd 9:27 PM - 29 October, 2010
or you can get 50% off until DEC. 31st on any Traktor product. www.native-instruments.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:30 PM - 29 October, 2010
Quote:
or you can get 50% off until DEC. 31st on any Traktor product. www.native-instruments.com

its not ANY traktor product,
djdannyd 9:32 PM - 29 October, 2010
djdannyd 9:36 PM - 29 October, 2010
Don't trust the Dj hook up link guys, check this out on a live chat session:

17:30:15 Thank you for contacting The DJ Hookup live chat. A representative will be with you right away.
17:30:30 Operator Nat joined the chat
17:30:37 Nat: Welcome to The DJ Hookup. How can I help you?
17:31:47 Nat: Do you have a question?
17:32:35 danny: yes
17:32:45 danny: I need the pricing for a Rane SL3
17:33:03 Nat: I can offer you $70.00 discount on SL3.
17:33:16 Nat: your total price will be $629
17:33:37 danny: What would the final price be, including ship+taxes to 92020
17:33:56 Nat: is it in US?
17:34:18 danny: yes it is. California
17:34:29 Nat: $629.00
17:34:34 Nat: shipping is free
17:34:36 Nat: no tax
17:34:46 danny: where are you shipping from?
17:34:57 Nat: From a secret warehouse location in China.
17:35:05 Nat: We ship to CA a lot
17:35:09 Nat: daily
TheXander 9:43 PM - 29 October, 2010
Hey folks,

This is Xander, part owner of The DJ Hookup.

@Dj Danny D -

We HAVE NEVER and WILL NEVER tell somebody that we "ship from a secret warehouse location in China."

We are a Chicago based company, and if you don't believe me call my 312 AREA CODE phone number and I'll tell you so myself. Seriously: (312) 970-0637 - I'm here right now.

Way to kill your credibility, homie.

For everyone else, thanks for the love.
Morph, I have no clue who you are, but thank you too.
djdannyd 9:47 PM - 29 October, 2010
hahahahaha
m0rph! 9:51 PM - 29 October, 2010
Quote:
Don't trust the Dj hook up link guys...

Wow... so much for me trying to be helpful. Maybe that's why I'm not as active here on this forum as I used to be... :-(

I always try to do my homework before posting, so if you (djdannyd) are saying that theDJhookup is not trustworthy, then maybe Rane shouldn't have them listed as an authorized dealer: rane.com

Can't believe I'm getting blasted for trying to help people save some hard-earned dough...

@TheXander ... thanks for great price! Rane/Serato FTW!
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:51 PM - 29 October, 2010
Quote:
Hey folks,

This is Xander, part owner of The DJ Hookup.

@Dj Danny D -

We HAVE NEVER and WILL NEVER tell somebody that we "ship from a secret warehouse location in China."

We are a Chicago based company, and if you don't believe me call my 312 AREA CODE phone number and I'll tell you so myself. Seriously: (312) 970-0637 - I'm here right now.

Way to kill your credibility, homie.

For everyone else, thanks for the love.
Morph, I have no clue who you are, but thank you too.

What's so bad about China? I luv me sum Hongkong style pan fried extra crispy beef chow mein with bach choy and oyster sauce.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:52 PM - 29 October, 2010
^^ thin noodle
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:54 PM - 29 October, 2010

yes but reading is essential its not ANY product, for examlpe the S4 is not half price and you cant buy a Kontrol X1 without buying the traktor software
djdannyd 12:34 AM - 30 October, 2010
Everyone has their panties in a bunch today. Bezzle thank you for your correctness, what would we ever do without you?

Sounds like morph and Xander are the same person...
TheXander 12:41 AM - 30 October, 2010
Danny,

I don't know who you work for or why you're trying to knock us, but I've already outed you as a shmuck so the more you continue the worse it'll be for you.

You should request a moderator to check our IPs and see if they're the same or if they even trace to the same part of the country.

I've got nothing to hide. I've been DJing for 8 years, and I started a company to help out other DJs and hook up dope prices.

What have you contributed besides forum trolling?

Anybody that wants any information about me or my company can contact me directly at (312) 970-0637.

You are a lonely troll living in some San Diego suburb.
You should think very carefully before you decide whose toes you step on holmes.
TheXander 12:55 AM - 30 October, 2010
While we're here, I'd like to say what's up to the community.

We have reps online most hours of the day to help you out, and if you ever need help with any Rane product, I've already given my number in this thread enough times, but I'm here for you :)

Hope you're all banking heavy this weekend from all the Halloween parties!!!
Banana_Peter 1:23 AM - 30 October, 2010
Quote:
Anybody that wants any information about me

I called and asked if you liked little Asian boys and someone hung up
TheXander 2:02 AM - 30 October, 2010
Quote:

Fasho. My college roommate was Taiwanese.

True story.
Banana_Peter 2:53 AM - 30 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Fasho. My college roommate was Taiwanese.

True story.

lolllll
dj p.slim 3:06 AM - 30 October, 2010
I can vouch on this company. I have bought my sl3 with warranty and I was a flawless transaction!
dj p.slim 3:06 AM - 30 October, 2010
*it
djdannyd 4:44 AM - 30 October, 2010
Xander, sounds like you have great customer support there!
Dj Black Vinyl 11:01 AM - 31 October, 2010
Quote:
Or I could just go to www.northersound.net (authorized dealer) and get it for $594.10 out the door.

I just went to their website www.northernsound.net and on the site it gave me a price of $699. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Rebelguy 4:13 PM - 31 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I just went to their website www.northernsound.net and on the site it gave me a price of $699. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

You have to call them. No authorized dealer can post a price lower then MAP. I would also try agiprodj.com. They can probably beat the price mentioned by the OP as well.
Dj Black Vinyl 4:23 PM - 31 October, 2010
Thanks a bunch Rebelguy... I appreciate that.
TheXander 7:38 PM - 31 October, 2010
Lol.

We have a 110% best price guarantee.

If you can prove that the other guys gave you a better price, we'll beat it.
ninos 7:39 PM - 31 October, 2010
were are the mods, cant believe they havent locked this one up yet. ahha
TheXander 7:41 PM - 31 October, 2010
Quote:
were are the mods, cant believe they havent locked this one up yet. ahha

Agreed. lol. :shrug:
Dj Black Vinyl 7:42 PM - 31 October, 2010
I'll be looking into this further. Now I need to decide on either a sl3 or 57. My mind is swaying towards the sl3 though ;-)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 7:43 PM - 31 October, 2010
It's Monday morning, 8:42am.

Xander, stop pimping your own wares here - if I catch you doing it again I'll ban you.

Thread locked.
7:43 PM, 31 Oct 2010
Discussion locked by Eru G