DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Last night party with SSL

Dj Greg G 7:15 PM - 1 August, 2004
Last night was the first time I used SSL, live. I was a little nervous because I remember the first time I used my new Denon s5000's they would just stop in the middle of play with about 150 drunk people dancing and everyone looking to kill me. I was pissed off that night, and embarassed like hell and I was praying I wouldn't have to go through that agonizing pain again. Well I didn't, I really enjoy this product. No shutdowns the sound was great and no problem with the set up at all. I used my Denon s5000s and they didn't shut down with the control cds, that was a relief.

I like using the vinyl since I love vinyl, but If my computer crashes what backup do I have? I ain't carrying records, history, so I bring the s5000's and a case of CDs. I don't have a laptop but I found this desktop napsack on the web that's pretty cool. It holds a couple of cds, wires, keyboard and the mouse. It's called, Cables to Go!Mod PC Carrying Bag. I Just threw my monitor in a camera bag and it wasn't bad at all. The best part of it all is not having to look around for anything, it's right there. Not having to change CDs waiting for load up time, or trying to find the CD in the first place. I just love that BPM listing I can mix sugar with motor oil and make it taste good, but with the BPM I can add a lot more ingredients to the mix.

The only bad thing that happened is I tried to play a file and it couldn't find it and I got that little red circle. Is there a way to recycle the song so that you can play it? Other than that no complaints. You gotta be careful though and look at the fader or stop one plattter from spinning when you select the song otherwise you'll shutoff the wrong song. This get's harder to do after four or five shots of Hennessy. I'm a mixer not a scratcher so I can't wait for the update so I can maybe one day use my key adj on my Denons. I'm able to mix more songs with this feature so come on guys I'm waiting. A+ for the night. Nice, neat DJ friendly product.Let's hope for more great nights.

OS: Athlon XP 2600+, 512mb, 200gb Maxtor Windows XP Home. Two Denon s5000s, Rane Mp22z for mobile, two Technics 1200mk2 and a Bozak CMA 10-2DLS for the house. Old school DJ you know!
DJ Dynamight 7:55 PM - 1 August, 2004
Good to hear, Greg G!

Glad everything went well.
Detroitbootybass 9:00 PM - 1 August, 2004
Quote:
Bozak CMA 10-2DLS

Nice mixer!

...the Rane is also pretty sweet...