Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

32k is way too low

coitus 12:52 AM - 24 March, 2007
White Label,
I get the point, you dont want just anybody to be able to get a good quality mp3 from here. But i cant stand to listen to these at 32k. What if I just want to put it in my ipod to learn the intros/outros/breaks...? at least make the minimum 96k. Thats a good go between club worthy quality and crap that makes you never want to listen to the song anyway. That way I could bare to listen to these tunes before I play them out.
DJJAZZ 9:29 AM - 24 March, 2007
ye am totally with u ! why to have the song 2 times on da computer ! make it able for anywhere anytime
DJ Prinvale` 9:38 AM - 24 March, 2007
i have no problems "learning" the intro's outro's breaks with 32k
DJJAZZ 7:58 PM - 24 March, 2007
oh com on prinvale ! he just give one of the reasons but are u happy with that ! :S it's not called ARCHIVING ! if u once wanted to quit djing ! ur dead u have nothing but 32 kbps HD !
Marqs 9:25 PM - 24 March, 2007
you haven't paid for these tracks, you have no right to complain. after all it's a promo service (play it out and don't wine) and if the track is really good and you like it... you should support the artist and buy it!
theJhiz 2:46 AM - 25 March, 2007
and the concept behind whitelabel whooshes over yet another person's head
dj disturbed 5:48 PM - 25 March, 2007
well.. they arnt in 32k ifyou play them in SSL... in SSL they are 320k...... so they sound good when it counts!!!!
dj cubicle 10:50 PM - 25 March, 2007
Quote:

ayup.
stacks 757 4:29 AM - 28 March, 2007
Quote:

this quote should be in a f.a.q. somewhere on this site..

Its comments like that that probably makes labels scared to give as much mp3 promo material..
stacks 757 4:30 AM - 28 March, 2007
*comments like coitus's
DjUplift 6:28 PM - 28 March, 2007
It Would not be that Hard to Load the track into Serato play it in relative mode and record the output from your mixer using booth out or receiver using record out on your laptop/pc using Soundforge/wavelab or something similar, you can even encode the files back into mp3 at what ever bit rate you like! It would suck to do because you would have to do it one track at time but none the less it could be done. Then you could listne to the tracks on anything anywhere at a decent quality shhh don't tell anyone!
Serato, Support
Matt G 11:04 PM - 28 March, 2007
Quote:
shhh don't tell anyone!

And be aware that doing what you describe would be a breach of your agreement with Whitelabel.net (beta.whitelabel.net).
DJ SticKeM 12:54 AM - 29 March, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
shhh don't tell anyone!

And be aware that doing what you describe would be a breach of your agreement with Whitelabel.net (beta.whitelabel.net).

OUCH Burn!!!! Just stop bitching about the whole thing its gay. No matter how much you talk about it it wont change. I like the idea that you cant have a good sound unless you have serato. That just makes us so much more than the others who dont have serato. We have been provided a FREE tool to help us better our sets. Dont bitch about it. In return we promote the music using a $600 tool that more than half the other djs cant understand the software and cant download free new songs with the insturmentals and acapellas. So if this thing (whitelabel) ever takes off we will have access to free new music that not everyone else can
DjUplift 5:48 PM - 30 March, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
shhh don't tell anyone!

I would never actually do this as it is to time consuming and a waste of time imo, all i ever do is mix anyway so don't worry i will not breach my agreement with beta.whitelabel.net I dont see what the big deal is anyway if you can play in Serato as dj isn't that enough!