Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Pioneer CDJ 350 + Serato native HID support

easyG 11:47 PM - 27 September, 2010
We need this!!!

Other users support is welcome!
easyG 8:45 AM - 29 September, 2010
All Serato users who think that this is necessary, please place your vote here!
Musically Minded 8:20 PM - 29 September, 2010
Quote:
We need this!!!

Other users support is welcome!

+1
minnesotadj1 3:03 AM - 30 September, 2010
My vote is in! Yes I would support HID for the 350s.
danyb 9:07 PM - 3 October, 2010
yes please!!
soularus 8:23 AM - 4 October, 2010
Not really important in my opinion.

I have a pair of 350's in my home setup and I have no desire to use HID with them.

I'd much rather use timecode as that's what i use when I play out (on CDJ1000's) and it also keeps two USB ports free.

No advantage at all using HID as I never use it in the club anyway. I'd rather save the hassle of needing a USB hub etc to send the HID to the laptop.

Of course that's just my opinion. I'd say Serato will definitely get around to adding HID support with the CDJ350's before long (my guess is that it will be announced early next year).
soularus 8:25 AM - 4 October, 2010
So yeah, +1 from me and all that
Dj Mikey d 9:53 PM - 4 October, 2010
yesss i really want this. count me in. some drawback of when using timecode on the cdj 350
-the cue on the 350 doesn't really work properly.
-the loops cant be made directly form the cdj 350 (sucks)
-no song track names on the cdj
-no bpm info on the cdj 350.
-track search can't be done on cdj 350
djnico 6:40 AM - 7 October, 2010
+1 but I assume that Serato will support the HID for 350 and 850 in the near future.
Dj Mikey d 4:55 AM - 10 October, 2010
i really hope so, im counting on it.
Dj Mikey d 4:55 AM - 10 October, 2010
+1 for me too if i didn't say it before.
DJ Trice 9:32 AM - 12 October, 2010
@Soularus: Native support is the best thing for Scratchlive, i think that you have never test a good model natively supported, so you shoul test CDJ 2000 if you can in this mode :-)

One more thing: When a player is natively supported, you can also play normaly if you want (so without this native support)
Dj Mikey d 3:10 AM - 13 October, 2010
Today I was curious to see how hid, midi or wtv it's called worked with another program like virtual Dj. And it worked rather very well, there was no driver to install for virtual Dj, just the cdj computer driver, and it was a plug and play. I got the track names on my cdj with the bpm on the cdj matching the computer, and when I moved the bpm, it moved with it. It was also very practicle to cycle through different tracks with the mapped out scroll. But there is one big problem. I HATE VIRTUAL DJ. IF ONLY EVERYTHING I JUST SAID CAN GO ON SERATO. please
DJ Trice 9:22 AM - 13 October, 2010
CDJ's natively supported in VDJ before Serato lol ??? ... Oh Sh...
Come On guys !!!
easyG 12:37 PM - 13 October, 2010
Seems that Pioneer and Native Instruments are working together as well. Pioneer himself has released a MIDI mapping file for Traktor Pro pioneer.jp
I have read on the net that it works very nicely, except the jog wheel feel is not 100%. But like I said, it's MIDI. Rumors are that Traktor will support CDJ-350's in native HID soon. If that's true, then Serato should better hurry up!
Dj Mikey d 12:55 PM - 13 October, 2010
Ya they really should, can anybody tell me the differemce of hid and midi please?
easyG 1:00 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
Ya they really should, can anybody tell me the differemce of hid and midi please?

Read here www.proaudiostar.com
borgbasta 7:32 AM - 28 October, 2010
Yes I would support HID for the 350s. Yes Yes! +1
Philo 11:49 PM - 28 October, 2010
yesss... I hope... I want tooo... I have just bought now thinking it was already done !!
please SERATOOOOO.... don't let me loose my mooney....!
Dj Mikey d 11:57 PM - 28 October, 2010
Quote:
yesss... I hope... I want tooo... I have just bought now thinking it was already done !!
please SERATOOOOO.... don't let me loose my mooney....![/quote
Lol ya I can say that I'm in the same boat.
Philo 12:30 AM - 29 October, 2010
Other 2 things....first the CDJ 400 are going to be cancelled from the market ... second, why Traktor had supported and Serato no ???
Dj Mikey d 12:32 AM - 29 October, 2010
That's a good question, all I know is that serato better come to an agreement with pioneer or something and put it out.
Philo 12:36 AM - 29 October, 2010
I will go also on Pioneer forum to...support this ... I hope it will be capted...
(I was checking right now, in Italy for ex. it's very difficult - even impossible - to find a CDJ 400 brand new ! )
Jaydee11 4:28 AM - 29 October, 2010
Yes please, I just bought a cdj 350 despite the lack of native support, and I just love this deck. I can't imagine how much more fun I will have once I can go native with it.
Asaf Amos 3:15 PM - 31 October, 2010
+1
and with jog sensitivity knob in the settings
**Michi* 10:38 AM - 14 November, 2010
Hello,

i need this Feature also. Since Monday i have two brandnew CDJ - 350 in my Set. At First i wanted the CDJ-400, but Pioneer had stopped the Production.
I need also the Native Support. That would be a "Great Chrismas Present" :-)

Come On Serato, I don`t want to buy a Traktor System!!!! (NI was faster with this Feature)
Philo 10:29 PM - 14 November, 2010
I guess that the problem it's that Pioneer is the one who has to make the new drivers for CDJ 350 !
easyG 10:46 PM - 14 November, 2010
Quote:
I guess that the problem it's that Pioneer is the one who has to make the new drivers for CDJ 350 !

No. Pioneer already has made the drivers. It's a universal driver for all the new CDJ players.

So all is up to Serato now...
Philo 10:50 PM - 14 November, 2010
ok...perfect... I agree...
so... guys of Serato what are you waiting for ???
Dj Mikey d 2:59 AM - 15 November, 2010
only they know.
hopefully they are reading this and can see our pain :(
Philo 10:40 AM - 15 November, 2010
yes... and the things I don't understand ... is this:
why Traktor and Virtual Dj yes and Serato SL no ????

P.S. Unfortunately CDJ 400 are out of production... so ????
easyG 10:45 AM - 15 November, 2010
CDJ-400 is a discounted product! That is a very important aspect right now. Serato have said that CDJ-400 is supported and there is no need for a second 'low end' CDJ support. But if you can't buy them, then what's the point?! So as of now the CDJ-350 is the new CDJ-400.

I still think that if Serato won't support CDJ-350 soon, many potential users will buy/switch to Traktor.
Philo 6:59 PM - 15 November, 2010
yes... like me...
Dj Mikey d 11:23 PM - 15 November, 2010
sucks so much.
GlobalContrast3 12:27 AM - 17 November, 2010
I have owned CDJ350 x2 for a couple of months now and have found them to be excellent decks.. However, i want to have more control over what i'm mixing and i want to drop samples into my mix etc....

Whats best? Traktor? Serato?
What's reasonably priced?
Will i be able to hook up my CDJ350's to all these softwares?
And will they be in HID or MIDI?
Is HID really that much better than MIDI?
Does it matter if i'm using a macbook or not?

Why can't it be simple?!

Confused.. Help! Need Advice!
Dj Mikey d 12:40 AM - 17 November, 2010
ok well i can answer most of ur questions, i have also owned the 350s for about 2 months with a djm 700. and i also find them excellent. i understand where ur coming from, if i can tell you anything its to go with serato. not because im dising traktor or anything. i think traktor is good to but there are some things that i like better on serato.

serato is a little more expense, but i think you pay for what you get. the sl1 is i think 599 and the traktor you don't really need the box becuase they are supported with traktor over midi.

serato you would be need the box or else the program will not work and currently serato does not support the 350s with serato. however you can still use them in timecode mode (what i do) and they work rather well.

i am not to sure what is the difference between midi and hid. a website can explain it better. all i know is that serato is hid and traktor is midi. and for me they both do the job.

it doesnt really matter if ur using a mac or a pc. they both work .
the reason that more djs use mac is simply because of piece of mind.
they are a little more trust worthy.
however i am using serato scratch live (v2.1.1) on windows 7 ultimate and the program has not crashed once yet. so ya.

your right sometimes it could get a little complicated.
Quote:
I have owned CDJ350 x2 for a couple of months now and have found them to be excellent decks.. However, i want to have more control over what i'm mixing and i want to drop samples into my mix etc....

Why can't it be simple?!

Quote:

Why can't it be simple?!

Lextar 8:08 PM - 22 November, 2010
Any news? I'm seriously considering switching to Traktor Pro, it works without problems in HID mode with 350s :)
easyG 8:32 PM - 22 November, 2010
Does the new Traktor update include HID support for 350s?
Lextar 8:36 PM - 22 November, 2010
I don't know.. I used them with a friend's traktor interface but WITHOUT timecoded cds inside 350s :=)
Dj Mikey d 12:26 AM - 23 November, 2010
if i were you guys i would wait.
i know it could be hard
but i really love serato over traktor.
but i am also starting to get a little fed up of them.
I WANT HIDDDDD i didnt spend $1200 on two cdj 350s to use timecode.
**Michi* 12:15 PM - 25 November, 2010
The Problem with the Midi - Mode on the CDJ - 350 are that the Player Stopped. Work with Midi and Timecode isn`t possible. When i switch my Player to Midi - Mode the Player work as a Controller. That isn`t really useful.
---> Pioneer

Next Problem:
When i switch to Midi - Mode i can`t control the JOG - Wheel with Serato. There is no Feature in the Midi Setup to Set the Jog Wheel on a Midi Channel.
Another Way: Edit the XML File (Another Post in this Forum), but there is no way to modify the sensitive adjustment.
---> Serato

I guess HID support is the only Way!
Philo 12:25 PM - 25 November, 2010
Yes HID support... BUT WHEN ????????
Philo 12:26 PM - 25 November, 2010
let's go Serato... give us a Christmass Present... at least ... !
easyG 12:30 PM - 25 November, 2010
Quote:
let's go Serato... give us a Christmass Present... at least ... !

+1
Dj Mikey d 4:38 PM - 25 November, 2010
maybe we'll get them for Christmas who knows.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:31 PM - 26 November, 2010
Hi guy's.... Well here in the UK the Pioneer CDJ 400 has been discontinued. So we can no longer buy the CDJ 400 (Well unless we find a shop with old stock) ((which is not ideal spending loads money on discontinued product)) So for cheap small pioneer hid players we are told to get the Pioneer CDJ 350.... So now more than ever the need for HID support for these units is very important.

So yep +1

cheers
Philo 12:52 PM - 27 November, 2010
It has been discontinued Not only in UK ... all over the world... !
Dj Mikey d 6:08 AM - 28 November, 2010
i wouldnt reali call them cheap.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:42 AM - 28 November, 2010
Quote:

Well i would compared to a cdj 2000.
Dj Mikey d 3:59 PM - 28 November, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Well i would compared to a cdj 2000.

Well no kidding there can't compare to the cdj 2000. However there still very good and they do the job.
Philo 11:38 AM - 29 November, 2010
Guys.... incredible...
new beta release Scratch Live 2.2 ... with a lot of bug fixing but NOT CDJ 350 SUPPORT YET... very disapponted ;(
Dj Mikey d 9:07 PM - 29 November, 2010
yes it is very disappointing.
easyG 9:15 PM - 29 November, 2010
At least Serato is keeping quiet. :)
No statement at this time is positive. That means maybe we'll get that HID support in the near future.
Dj Mikey d 9:23 PM - 29 November, 2010
Quote:
At least Serato is keeping quiet. :)
No statement at this time is positive. That means maybe we'll get that HID support in the near future.

what makes you think this?
easyG 9:53 PM - 29 November, 2010
Well if they would say NO now, then probably that NO would be final. No news is good news at this point, I think.

I think that they don't even know themselves if there will be support or not. What speaks for us is that CDJ-400 is discounted and if Serato will not support 350's soon the potential new users will buy Traktor or something else. I think the pressure is on. :) I mean Serato has already two major disadvantages over Traktor:
1. We need the box, even if we control the software over HID.
2. There's no auto sync. And believe me, new users are very drawn to that feature.

So Serato has to offer something else in return... like HID support. :)
Dj Mikey d 9:56 PM - 29 November, 2010
Quote:
Well if they would say NO now, then probably that NO would be final. No news is good news at this point, I think.

I think that they don't even know themselves if there will be support or not. What speaks for us is that CDJ-400 is discounted and if Serato will not support 350's soon the potential new users will buy Traktor or something else. I think the pressure is on. :) I mean Serato has already two major disadvantages over Traktor:
1. We need the box, even if we control the software over HID.
2. There's no auto sync. And believe me, new users are very drawn to that feature.

So Serato has to offer something else in return... like HID support. :)

um ya i agree with you. i wasnt asking you why you thought that cuz i thought you were wrong. and your right how they do have the disadvantage over traktor because of the box. but i dont auto sync is really the best feature. im actually happy they do not have it. it makes the dj work more at syncing the music by his own knowledge.
easyG 10:08 PM - 29 November, 2010
Quote:
but i dont auto sync is really the best feature. im actually happy they do not have it. it makes the dj work more at syncing the music by his own knowledge.

I agree with you here. But if we are talking about potential new users, they would like to have it. I've seen this many times. DJs who are switching from CDs to laptop and hear that Serato has no auto sync, then this software is off the table. Don't ask me why because they all know how to mix (and good) the old fashion way. None of them would really need it.
xplicit 6:33 AM - 13 December, 2010
hey can you make this happen please i have just ordered my set of 350s, would love to see native support for serato. Make it happen guys!
Dj Mikey d 9:11 PM - 13 December, 2010
Quote:
hey can you make this happen please i have just ordered my set of 350s, would love to see native support for serato. Make it happen guys!

we all want it.
R.A.F.T.S. 11:56 PM - 13 December, 2010
"... and there was a time when the people were saying:
- Oh, almighty Serato... Please give us native support for the 350's and 850's. We can't scratch and bend without this!
But Serato was silent as a grave and nothing happend, because only three Pioneer expensive flagship models, two Denon's twin deck controllers and two discontinued products (CDJ400, iCDX) were good enough to be the chosen one...
And so, many people have lost their faith and got back to pagan rituals with vinyl records and CDs... Some of them even join the evil Traktor, which promissed them unlimited MIDI possibilities and the power of SYNC... "
Kepik 1:49 AM - 14 December, 2010
When CDJ-400's came out in late 2007, it took almost a year for HID support.

serato.com

the CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 both were available in december 2009 and only just recently got HID support in 2.1

serato.com

CDJ-350s were made available sometime in March 2010 so my guess is, it won't be available until the next few releases (not 2.2)
**Michi* 1:10 PM - 14 December, 2010
I think, no answer from serato is a answer. This policy from serato is in my opinion not the right way. What`s the problem to say, no we can`t do this, or we plan the release on middle 2011 or else.
I hope the people from Serato read this. A good business concern do that what the customers desire, and don`t ignore that.
I think the next investment would be a traktor pro.
It`s hard to say that, because i like my scratch live, but it is the consequence.
easyG 1:22 PM - 14 December, 2010
Quote:
I think, no answer from serato is a answer. This policy from serato is in my opinion not the right way. What`s the problem to say, no we can`t do this, or we plan the release on middle 2011 or else.
I hope the people from Serato read this. A good business concern do that what the customers desire, and don`t ignore that.
I think the next investment would be a traktor pro.
It`s hard to say that, because i like my scratch live, but it is the consequence.

+1
Asaf Amos 1:34 PM - 14 December, 2010
No doubt. The day traktor add video support I'm moving. Sick of this silence policy.
Dj Mikey d 10:48 PM - 14 December, 2010
i guess that's what you can expect from a company who doesn't give a fuck.
as long as they get paid. they don't care to what the customers want.
xplicit 4:59 AM - 15 December, 2010
Quote:
as long as they get paid. they don't care to what the customers want.[
Quote:
as long as they get paid. they don't care to what the customers want.

agree here also...trust me the techs at serato can make this happen like now, they jus wanna piss ppl off, ill be switchin very soon... vdj or tracktor here we come!
Frankie_D 5:04 PM - 16 December, 2010
Please support the 350 with serato!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dj Mikey d 10:40 PM - 16 December, 2010
its such a shame that they have to be stupid like this.
we spend so much fkn money. and this is the service we get.
wow.
absolutely speechless.
Dj Mikey d 1:26 AM - 24 December, 2010
i don't think its very relevant but pioneer just showed the cdj 350s in white. They look ok.
its all just a fashion statement
GlobalContrast3 4:13 PM - 29 December, 2010
I aint waitin' round for no Serato anymore..

whats my other options.. ? What software will offer me HID support for CDJ 350's?

I did download a Traktor Pro demo.. but when i tryed mappin my CDJ350's up.. there option for CDJ400, 900, 2000 etc... but no CDJ 350.. so whats the solution to that?
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:46 PM - 29 December, 2010
Erm obviously pioneers rekordbox software.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 10:26 PM - 29 December, 2010
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the silence - it's certainly not that we don't care, it's just that we don't want to lead anyone on.
Do we want to support the 350s? Yes! We just can't say the date though sorry. :)
Dj Mikey d 1:10 AM - 30 December, 2010
Quote:
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the silence - it's certainly not that we don't care, it's just that we don't want to lead anyone on.
Do we want to support the 350s? Yes! We just can't say the date though sorry. :)

BULLSHITTT
VJ Justin Allen 2:19 AM - 30 December, 2010
Apparently the ability to hold a rational conservation has eluded some people.

Let's try this instead;

Hey Nick, is the hold up on the Serato side or the Pioneer side? And is there anything the users here can do to help out?

Or I suppose we could just keep saying bullshittt.
Dj Mikey d 2:22 AM - 30 December, 2010
its just so frustrating.
how could you not expect people to not be angry.
you spend so much money and you don't even get what you want.
There is nothing we can do.
VJ Justin Allen 2:21 PM - 30 December, 2010
Well to be fair everyone knew this was not compatible when they purchased the 350's. I myself am looking hard at these players but since I use ScratchLive AND they were not yet supported....so I haven't purchased them yet.

You should always buy equipment for what it can do for you RIGHT NOW...not what it MIGHT do for you in the future. Otherwise you are wasting your money.

All that being said, Serato knows that many people are looking for this feature and that thee would be an increase in sales if this were available. What we don;t know is the politics behind the delay....and with everything happening in the industry right now there are some politics.

Let's wait until NAMM and see what happens....And give the guys at Serato a break.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 12:08 AM - 31 December, 2010
Quote:
Hey Nick, is the hold up on the Serato side or the Pioneer side? And is there anything the users here can do to help out?

A little bit of both, but mostly on our side. Like any new feature, natively supporting a controller requires quite a lot of work, and so it has to fight it out with other features for priority. These are always hard decisions to make as new software versions need a good mix of features that cater to all Scratch Live users (i.e effects), along with some cool stuff (like CDJ-350 support) that only helps out a few users. Hope that helps explain it a little. :)
VJ Justin Allen 1:27 AM - 31 December, 2010
Thanks for the answer Nick!

Basically Dj Mikey D the answer is...it's on the list, it has a few things ahead of it, and they are working on it. Hope this helps you out!
Dj Mikey d 6:01 AM - 31 December, 2010
I guess well just have to stick to timecode for the time being.
Dj Mikey d 6:03 AM - 31 December, 2010
I guess well just have to stick to timecode for the time being.
Dj Mikey d 6:27 PM - 13 January, 2011
well 2.2 went live and there is no native support for the 350. hopefully on the next update.
easyG 6:43 PM - 13 January, 2011
Let's hope so.
Dj Mikey d 9:42 PM - 13 January, 2011
i haven't been using serato to see a pattern of when there updates for scratch live come out. Actually i think this is the first update i do for scratch live.
so can anyone fill me in on time span of when they would do an update.
like for example is it every couple of months. or something.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:24 AM - 14 January, 2011
2 - 3 updates a year
Dj Mikey d 9:53 PM - 14 January, 2011
ok thanks.
Dj Mikey d 9:30 PM - 18 January, 2011
actually has anyone tried mapping it out themselves. i actually tried a while ago but it was pretty draining. if someone did and succeed is it possible to send that mapping file over. Is it even possible to send?
easyG 8:02 AM - 19 January, 2011
That's a good question. I would like to know it myself.

I know that Pioneer has made a MIDI mapping file for Traktor. If it works or not, I don't know. But I think I'll try it out soon. I love SSL very much, but this timecode control is getting on my nerves lately. I mean in clubs I can use CDJ-2000s over HID and it rocks, but at home using timecode... not so cool.

So Serato, please, if you can't deliver HID soon then at least do a MIDI mapping file. Maybe it'll work better than timecode ...

(sighs)
easyG 12:16 PM - 19 January, 2011
Strange to read are these quotes from Pioneer DJ Forum:

Pioneer Product Specialist writes:
Quote:
I'm not entirely sure what's keeping them (Serato, annotation by me) from releasing the support, I can't see the 350 / 850 being too different from any of the currently supported hardware (2000, 900, 400, MEP-7000).

Serato answered to an email like this when asking for HID support for the 850's:
Quote:
We would have to both make it happen (they (Pioneer, annotation by me) will do the hardware/firmware, we will do the code).
But Pioneer need to come to us with the request, we can help give them a heads up about it, but at the end of the day if users want this then this needs to come from Pioneer, so pushing them is the key here.

Go figure...
Dj Mikey d 3:07 AM - 20 January, 2011
I tried to map it out myself. And its not the easiest thing the world. Its a little harder then it looks. Some things map out properly then there are others that also map out but they glitch and lag. and then there are things that i just don't know how to map, like the cue button and the jog wheel.
easyG 3:23 AM - 20 January, 2011
Quote:
I tried to map it out myself. And its not the easiest thing the world. Its a little harder then it looks. Some things map out properly then there are others that also map out but they glitch and lag. and then there are things that i just don't know how to map, like the cue button and the jog wheel.

Well, as far as I have read the jog wheel can't be mapped in Serato. I don't know if that's 100% true?

Serato got me so far that I tried Virtual DJ today. :) They offer HID support and all in all it wasn't bad at all. I didn't have much time to test and tune it, but the players worked great (cue, loop, loop cutter, jog etc.). I'll try the software out more extensively in couple of days.
Actually I can't believe it myself that I'm trying Virtual DJ, but what can I do... Once I tried HID with the 2000's I don't want to play at home with timecode. So one more time - please, Serato!
easyG 8:18 AM - 21 January, 2011
Again, found something interesting on the Pioneer DJ forums:

Pioneer Product Specialist writes
Quote:
Yes, Serato and Pioneer are working to get it (HID support for 350's) implemented, hopefully we'll see it soon but I don't have a timeline for that release, sorry.

Is there any truth to that???
Dj Mikey d 6:16 AM - 22 January, 2011
Theyll neve say the exact date, tgey alaste say "were working on it". Well i guess tgats better tgen nothing.
xplicit 2:01 AM - 23 January, 2011
can you please make this native support for the cdj 350, i cant believe i spent all this money for nothing!
Dj Mikey d 6:20 AM - 23 January, 2011
Quote:
can you please make this native support for the cdj 350, i cant believe i spent all this money for nothing!

Lol i completely agree, i think i mentioned the exact same thing in tris forum. They better have it in the NeXT update or im gonna be supper pissed off.
Dj Mikey d 11:42 PM - 26 January, 2011
At 9:36 PM 26 January 2011
kiweed wrote
"HI
I thought SERATO was the worldwide leader of djing, I was wrong.
Not even able to bring out a decent update to have compatibility with CDJ 850 or 350, even trackTor and VDJ did it !!!

Shame on you; I really start to regret on choosing your brand, which is, may I remind you, nearly 20% more expensive than other competitors, we all thought to have a better customer service but, nothing, total silence.
Lot of users starts to question whether or not they should move to the competition and I understand them !

Please provide a decent reply, otherwise I won't buy the SL 4 and I will be a good advisor for my DJ friends on buying from the competitors.

PS : for those who think to have a secret business deal with PIONEER to not to release the cdj 850 driver, to be able to sell more cdj 900 or2000 I say bad thinking, I own a cdj 2000 and I really don't need serato.

Regards," (Kiweed cdj 850 native)

i couldn't agree more
Dj Mikey d 1:01 AM - 1 February, 2011
i wonder when i should buy a usb hub
**Michi* 11:48 PM - 1 February, 2011
Hey Serato - Team,

Idea for the Future:

Make a Torturial or a litte Software, which every User can Create his own little HID. A lot of new Controllers are out now and every other Company released the HID - Support (Traktor, VID etc.), but Serato not.

Make the Commands for the Midi Control XML for Everyone visible. Not only the Loop Functions etc. i mean all commands like Platter Control or Output Command (Control LED`s on Controller or Display Command for Text Outputs)
The use is of course a own risk for everyone (Crash of SW etc) and not of Serato.
You`re support only 8 Controllers. That`s not enough.
The People who wrote the XML - File kann insert here and other users can download it or correct it.
Make this Part of your Software like "Open - Source".
I think that would be a way to say to your Customers "Try this at first and we make the complete HID - Support later".

DENON - SC2000
The SC2000 would be a perfect Controller for the AUX Deck on SL3!! But there is no way to control the Platter. No Command, Nothing. Should i wait 2 Years before Serato release the HID Support? In 2 Years, i think, Denon would Stop the Production (like Pioneer with the CDJ 400) and make a new Controller and Serato say: "Hey Guys here is the HID Support for this discontinued Product"
Great :-)

PIONEER CDJ350
Other People say all about the CDJ......

Come On! And don`t say again.... wait wait wait......
Dj Mikey d 12:42 AM - 2 February, 2011
Quote:
Hey Serato - Team,

Idea for the Future:

Make a Torturial or a litte Software, which every User can Create his own little HID. A lot of new Controllers are out now and every other Company released the HID - Support (Traktor, VID etc.), but Serato not.

Make the Commands for the Midi Control XML for Everyone visible. Not only the Loop Functions etc. i mean all commands like Platter Control or Output Command (Control LED`s on Controller or Display Command for Text Outputs)
The use is of course a own risk for everyone (Crash of SW etc) and not of Serato.
You`re support only 8 Controllers. That`s not enough.
The People who wrote the XML - File kann insert here and other users can download it or correct it.
Make this Part of your Software like "Open - Source".
I think that would be a way to say to your Customers "Try this at first and we make the complete HID - Support later".

pretty cool idea.
doubt they'll do it though
DENON - SC2000
The SC2000 would be a perfect Controller for the AUX Deck on SL3!! But there is no way to control the Platter. No Command, Nothing. Should i wait 2 Years before Serato release the HID Support? In 2 Years, i think, Denon would Stop the Production (like Pioneer with the CDJ 400) and make a new Controller and Serato say: "Hey Guys here is the HID Support for this discontinued Product"
Great :-)

PIONEER CDJ350
Other People say all about the CDJ......

Come On! And don`t say again.... wait wait wait......
**Michi* 10:43 AM - 2 February, 2011
Hey @Nick M (Serato),

What do you think of the idea in my last post?

Thanks in advance for an answer!
Angelus 8:22 AM - 5 February, 2011
PLease release this soon! Dont wanna use time code anymore.
AKIEM 8:36 AM - 5 February, 2011
wow
Dj Mikey d 5:31 PM - 6 February, 2011
in another forum someone from serato told me that he doesn't know when it will be released. They do want to offer this feature but he said before they get to that they need to achieve some other features in serato.
Frankie_D 11:20 PM - 8 February, 2011
Please supprt hid for cdj 350!!!!!!!!!
easyG 11:22 PM - 8 February, 2011
+1111111111111111111
Dj Mikey d 11:22 PM - 8 February, 2011
Quote:
+1111111111111111111

yeahhhh
easyG 11:34 PM - 8 February, 2011
Hehhhh, I'm ashamed to say, but just finished my February DJ Mix with Virtual DJ. :/

I don't know if to laugh or cry, but the HID works flawless in there.......
Dj Mikey d 11:36 PM - 8 February, 2011
Quote:
Hehhhh, I'm ashamed to say, but just finished my February DJ Mix with Virtual DJ. :/

I don't know if to laugh or cry, but the HID works flawless in there.......

Your right. It is a terrible program, but atleast hid works.
djtripp 8:26 PM - 9 February, 2011
350/850 support +100000000000000000
Dj Mikey d 9:12 PM - 9 February, 2011
+1000
xplicit 4:29 AM - 16 February, 2011
i need this now plzz! +1000000000000000000000000000
borgbasta 11:32 PM - 22 February, 2011
Please supprt hid for cdj 350! Please!
danyb 4:15 PM - 5 March, 2011
Quote:
Please supprt hid for cdj 350! Please!
easyG 11:28 AM - 9 March, 2011
Serato Scratch Live 2.2.1 is rumored to be released for beta testing soon. Any word if HID support for 350's will be available?
Dj Mikey d 8:59 PM - 10 March, 2011
Quote:
Serato Scratch Live 2.2.1 is rumored to be released for beta testing soon. Any word if HID support for 350's will be available?

i doubt it, it would be to good to be true
Frankie_D 6:54 PM - 22 March, 2011
PLEASE SUPPORT CDJ 350!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tmanto02 2:07 AM - 1 April, 2011
I just don’t get why it can take SERATO so long! Or if they are not supporting them then WHY NOT??? One would think you would try to support as many controllers as possible so more people by SSL.

I personally have the 350’s and have toyed with Traktor. I Don’t want to go down that road, but it looks like I might have to. Bye bye SL4, looks like i’ll be buying the NI AUDIO 6 soon.

Unless any Serato officials can give us any news to hang around a little longer??
thebuttonfreak 2:10 AM - 1 April, 2011
I read this sentiment a lot.

"I Don’t want to go down that road, but it looks like I might have to."
tmanto02 2:33 AM - 1 April, 2011
Thats because Serato is the shit! I know I should have done more research when I bought the 350’s, but there is alot to take in as a rookie. Now i’m stuck at that point where i’m questioning whether I should upgrade my gear (expensive) or use Traktor (cheap).
tmanto02 3:43 AM - 1 April, 2011
Ok so I emailed Serato and I GOT A RESPONSE!

Quote:
I know there is alot of discussion on the forums, but there is a lack of official response.

Are you guys working on supporting the latest pioneer range?

Thankyou.

Quote:
Hi tmanto02.

It is something we certainly want to do. We have a very busy development schedule, and this is certainly in the list. We can't advise on any actual timeframe for this however I'm sorry to say. But the official word is 'we want it too'.

I guess that gives me SOME piece of mind. :)
easyG 7:38 AM - 1 April, 2011
I guess the game is on.

Traktor 2 doesn't support CDJ-350's, but NI have said that they are working on that. I'd like that Serato would be the one to win the race as I love SSL, but if NI beats Searto - I'll buy Traktor.
Dj Mikey d 2:34 AM - 4 April, 2011
Quote:
Ok so I emailed Serato and I GOT A RESPONSE!

Quote:

I know there is alot of discussion on the forums, but there is a lack of official response.

Are you guys working on supporting the latest pioneer range?

Thankyou.

ive gotten the same exact response from serato a while ago, that they r working on it but dont have a time frame. They say they have a lot on their plate and don't know when it will come
Quote:

Hi tmanto02.

It is something we certainly want to do. We have a very busy development schedule, and this is certainly in the list. We can't advise on any actual timeframe for this however I'm sorry to say. But the official word is 'we want it too'.

I guess that gives me SOME piece of mind. :)
easyG 8:58 PM - 4 April, 2011
Well... I just sold my 2x CDJ-350 & DJM-350. :( Couldn't handle the timecode anymore. Out in the clubs I use CDJ-2000s over HID. Very nice. So at home going back to timecode.... no.

And I have given my finger to the devil.... almost... I'll order Pioneer DDJ-T1 probably tomorrow. And if NI will finally get a proper HID support for CDJ-2000 out I don't see any point in using Serato anymore.

I've used Serato over two years now. Love the product. But the lack on controller support has driven me away.
tmanto02 1:32 PM - 6 April, 2011
Dammmmmn I’m so close to doing the same thing! I even thought about doing the ddj-s1 but its only 2 channel.

SERATO FIX YOUR GAME BEFORE MORE OF US SWITCH TO NI!
WarpNote 11:55 AM - 9 April, 2011
I had a look at the DDJ-T1 yesterday. It had a bad feel to it IMO... Felt real cheap...
Techs and a Rane mixer anyday....
xplicit 6:58 PM - 11 April, 2011
please support the 350s, i felt like i wasted my money now :(
xplicit 6:59 PM - 11 April, 2011
2.2 is out and no support for 350s :(
Dj Mikey d 9:24 PM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
2.2 is out and no support for 350s :(

2.2 has been out for a while. its old news that its not supported
xplicit 3:28 AM - 18 April, 2011
stilll waiting serato!
Dj Mikey d 11:33 AM - 26 April, 2011
new drivers have been released on april 25th from 1.02 to 1.04
Dj Mikey d 1:35 AM - 28 April, 2011
nobody is making anymore noise in this discussion. lets show serato how much we want this.
hamzter 3:00 AM - 2 May, 2011
wow. I sold my VCI-300, just was not happy with it due to many drop outs. I use my Techs, with my TTM57SL, but man, that's too much work.

Then I see DJ QBert on Traktor 2... WTH!

I just bought NI Maschine... NI has come a long way. I had Traktor with a Pioneer DJM-909 and Numark HDX... That was a rocking setup, but too complicated for other DJs to jump on, especially hanging out with the Turntable Ministry.

Now, I am doing mobile gigs and need something more compact, but I prefer Live over Itch... What's going on here, Should I jump to Traktor 2... or is the CDJ350 the way to go?

-mark
Rone90 7:50 PM - 8 May, 2011
Any Update on this Serato?

Mark, I love my cdj350s. i am using rekordbox and usbs, along with serato depending on what i am doing. If they went native the would be amazing. But right now there pretty damn good.
hamzter 9:56 PM - 8 May, 2011
I also saw the Denon DN-S3700 works with Serato not in Native mode, but it Looked like the hybrid mode was interesting. Not exactly sure how Hybrid mode works. My guess is that it is both midi and cd mode together. I'll probably DL the manual and read it when I have a chance.
xplicit 9:12 PM - 10 May, 2011
come on serato plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz make it native!!
xplicit 2:20 AM - 14 May, 2011
make it happen now plzzz!
Dj Mikey d 8:12 PM - 14 May, 2011
come on seratooo. please
Dj Mikey d 9:26 PM - 16 May, 2011
OK ALL YOU SERATO FANS,
I FINALLY HAVE THE INFO YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR
i just got off the phone with one of the support reps from serato and i asked him if he had any new info on the 350s being supported natively. and he told me that they would be supported in the next version of ssl. He couldn't say when that version would be available, but he said soon
hamzter 10:59 PM - 16 May, 2011
NICE... I doubt it will be available before I decide to buy some DN-S3700s, but it would be nice if that was supported natively also in SSL.
Dj Mikey d 12:11 AM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:
NICE... I doubt it will be available before I decide to buy some DN-S3700s, but it would be nice if that was supported natively also in SSL.

well i was thinking on when this would be available. I doubt they would release any information if it wasn't soon.

Because i know serato, and we all know that they never release any info to us. So for them to tell us this, it must be soon. I was shocked to hear it myself.
Dj Mikey d 2:19 AM - 19 May, 2011
spoke to another rep and he said that it would be available in july. he said they are currently putting it together and beta releases will be available within a couple weeks.
(not sure if those are safe to use)
he said that if they are released they are pretty nailed down.
hamzter 3:48 AM - 19 May, 2011
I think I can wait a few months... I hope. I was gonna go with the NS6 as that thing is a beast and I can venture into 4 Deck mixing, which should be loads of fun.

We'll see, I hope I can wait that long. My May gig got postponed until June.
xplicit 5:50 PM - 24 May, 2011
omg omg omg cant wait, i just bought the new sl2, its sweet and with native support for the 350 system will be my ultimate compact system! please make it quick... and thanks dj mikey d for getting the infos!
Dj Mikey d 5:28 PM - 25 May, 2011
Quote:
omg omg omg cant wait, i just bought the new sl2, its sweet and with native support for the 350 system will be my ultimate compact system! please make it quick... and thanks dj mikey d for getting the infos!

oh no problem, i cant wait for it either.
xplicit 6:28 PM - 29 June, 2011
any word on the date of the update release for native support?
Dj Mikey d 12:18 AM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:
any word on the date of the update release for native support?

The rough estimate is for sometime in july. Serato and rane never like to give time periods because they do not like to get peoples hopes too high, which makes sense but also sucks at the same time. They say that they are currently working on it. And they also say that the beta release should be very soon.
Afdj 1:29 PM - 30 June, 2011
..I'm Agree for HID on Cdj350!!

But is really necessary?
There are only few button...(Encoder for browsing,loop...)
I use with Serato timecode+ cdj350 + NI X1...is amazing...No Problem at all!
Dj Mikey d 3:59 PM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:

But is really necessary?

its not that its necessary or not but i think that the way everybody thinks about it, is as if the cd player is being used as dummy. your not getting the full functionalities with it because of timecode.
yes of course timecode works fine, i use it myself with the 350s and there are no problems.
however i think people like myself wanna take it to the next level. for example, seeing the song on the cd player screen, getting the bpm on the player, doing loops straight for the player, searching to the track on the player, scrowling your library from the player and i am sure there are more i forgot.
xplicit 2:53 AM - 1 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

But is really necessary?

its not that its necessary or not but i think that the way everybody thinks about it, is as if the cd player is being used as dummy. your not getting the full functionalities with it because of timecode.
yes of course timecode works fine, i use it myself with the 350s and there are no problems.
however i think people like myself wanna take it to the next level. for example, seeing the song on the cd player screen, getting the bpm on the player, doing loops straight for the player, searching to the track on the player, scrowling your library from the player and i am sure there are more i forgot.

Thats exactly why i would like to have the feature of native support...
DJ Bbox 6:29 AM - 1 July, 2011
I hope this gets fixed soon. When I use the control disc the WAV file still moves a little bit when my hands of the platter.
Dj Mikey d 3:48 AM - 2 July, 2011
Really sucks bad. They better release 2.3 in July. Hopefully it comes close to the release of os x lion.
Dj Mikey d 2:54 PM - 11 July, 2011
new firmware for the cdj 350 and cdj 850.
also there is a cdj agregador for mac. not sure what it does, but its there
Dj Mikey d 1:03 AM - 14 July, 2011
when the new version of serato does finally come out, everybody is going to go crazy on these threads.
That day is not yet here.
Dj Mikey d 3:44 PM - 18 July, 2011
350 support is now available in the beta release of serato scratch live 2.3
serato.com
Dj Mikey d 12:10 AM - 19 July, 2011
I don't know what's wrong with you people. You make a huge fuss when it is not released and when it is finally able to be used. Nobody says a word.
I dont understand.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:11 AM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
I don't know what's wrong with you people. You make a huge fuss when it is not released and when it is finally able to be used. Nobody says a word.

I dont understand.

+1 on that statment.
hamzter 12:24 AM - 19 July, 2011
ok, well, here's my take. I am deciding on whether to go with the DN-S3700 or this 350.
hqrz80 4:25 PM - 19 July, 2011
I recently purched pioneer cdj350's and DJM 350

I downloaded the beta ssl 2.3. How do I connect everything to use HID?

Thanks for any help.
Dj Mikey d 4:37 PM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:

Thanks for any help.

You need two usb cables going from your cdjs to your computer. (You might need a usb hub depending on your computer, if you have a mac they usually only have two usb ports, so you would need one)

Next, if your using HID then you do not need Rca going from the cdjs to the input of your serato box. However you still need rcas going from the output of the serato box to the mixer.

Make sure your cdjs are on the latest firmware
That's about it. Then just launch everything up. And click the computer icon on your cdjs
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:53 PM - 19 July, 2011
You forgot plut ssl in "INT" mode not "ABS" or "REL"
Dj Mikey d 4:54 PM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
You forgot plut ssl in "INT" mode not "ABS" or "REL"

lmao. yes. i made that mistake yesterday.
Make sure your in INT or else you won't get very far.
hqrz80 10:43 PM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for any help.

You need two usb cables going from your cdjs to your computer. (You might need a usb hub depending on your computer, if you have a mac they usually only have two usb ports, so you would need one)

Next, if your using HID then you do not need Rca going from the cdjs to the input of your serato box. However you still need rcas going from the output of the serato box to the mixer.

Make sure your cdjs are on the latest firmware
That's about it. Then just launch everything up. And click the computer icon on your cdjs

Doesn't seem to work...cdj says control mode connect?
Dj Mikey d 10:44 PM - 19 July, 2011
What's supposed to happen is the cdj will prompt you and ask you which deck you want, 1 or 2.
hqrz80 10:48 PM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
What's supposed to happen is the cdj will prompt you and ask you which deck you want, 1 or 2.

When should this prompt me, when i launch serato after everything is connected?
Dj Mikey d 10:58 PM - 19 July, 2011
Ya. Go in the setup of serato and under midi, it should say that the 2 cdjs r connected. Also if your using a mac, then you should have the "cdj aggregator for mac" or if ur on windows, u should have the drivers installed.
hqrz80 11:23 PM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
Ya. Go in the setup of serato and under midi, it should say that the 2 cdjs r connected. Also if your using a mac, then you should have the "cdj aggregator for mac" or if ur on windows, u should have the drivers installed.

I'm running windows.

shows errors - device driver software not successfully installed.

- USB composite device failed.
Dj Mikey d 11:30 PM - 19 July, 2011
Ya so I'm guessing your missing the drivers for the 350s. Go on the pioneer website and get it.
hqrz80 2:33 AM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I'm running windows.

Bought a USB hub and all works fine..Thanks for you help!!
Dj Mikey d 2:53 AM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm running windows.

Bought a USB hub and all works fine..Thanks for you help!!

ya no problem
remember to report any glitches or lags that you notice. Remember u r using beta software, so do not use this at a gig. But im sure you know this already
tmanto02 6:06 AM - 3 August, 2011
AMAZING! Finally support! Now I just need to save up the ridiculous amount to buy SL hardware.

No body ever said djing was cheap!
Dj Mikey d 2:55 PM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
AMAZING! Finally support! Now I just need to save up the ridiculous amount to buy SL hardware.

That is for dam certain, djing does not come cheap.
AlexHazeldean 5:43 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I just bought a pair of cdj 350s and I'm new to mixing generally. Do i need any other hardware to use the cdjs with serato? The midi button is not illuminated, the cdjs are on and in pc control mode, and on them it says
"control mode
connect"
Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? Im using public beta 2.3 and as far as i know the cdjs are using the latest firmware. Thanks
Dj Mikey d 5:46 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just bought a pair of cdj 350s and I'm new to mixing generally. Do i need any other hardware to use the cdjs with serato? The midi button is not illuminated, the cdjs are on and in pc control mode, and on them it says
"control mode
connect"

Make sure your serato box is connected, make sure your two cdjs are connected to the laptop (you might need a usb hub) make firmwares are to the latest (1.06) and make sure you are in INT mode or else you wont get very far. It should ask you to chose what deck u want on the players.
Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? Im using public beta 2.3 and as far as i know the cdjs are using the latest firmware. Thanks
**Michi* 6:24 PM - 4 August, 2011
The CDJ Show "connected" if USB is connected.
Look at the Setup Mask in ScratchLive Point "Midi"
Did you see the CDJ`s?
If you don`t see anything try this:
Which Midi Channel is set on both Players?!
(You must have different Channels eg. Player 1 -> Channel 1 and Player 2 -> Channel 2)
Are the newest Drivers on your PC installed!? (From Rekordbox Software)
Not the Rekordbox Software itself only the ASIO - Drivers.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:47 PM - 4 August, 2011
Hi AlexHazeldean,

Quote:
Do i need any other hardware to use the cdjs with serato?

You still need the Rane hardware connected to use Scratch Live with the CDJ-350s.
Dj Mikey d 10:19 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Hi AlexHazeldean,

Quote:
Do i need any other hardware to use the cdjs with serato?

You still need the Rane hardware connected to use Scratch Live with the CDJ-350s.

lol ya. thats an essential piece to have.
Kelvin Yap 10:16 AM - 22 March, 2012
Any news on HID support for the CDJ 350 in Serato Scratch Live?
Would be AWESOME if it was released, will definitely make a budget CD player even better value for money!

MIDI can only go so far with Traktor and some of us actually prefer Serato to start with!
WarpNote 10:40 AM - 22 March, 2012
CDJ350 is supported...
Kelvin Yap 10:40 AM - 22 March, 2012
Quote:
CDJ350 is supported...

It seems you're right! Silly me haha

Is it HID mode or just MIDI, though?
WarpNote 10:42 AM - 22 March, 2012
Quote:
Is it HID mode or just MIDI, though?
HID
Dj Mikey d 12:24 PM - 22 March, 2012
lol
Kelvin Yap 12:44 PM - 22 March, 2012
OK, just a quick question to clarify:
If I do get 2x CDJ350 and a DJM350, will I still need to get a RANE SL1/2/3/4 to be able to use the CDJ350 in HID mode in Scratch Live?

My guess would be something like:

CDJ350 > Scratch Live (via USB in HID Mode to get the tracks)

CDJ350 > DJM350 via RCA (does the music from Scratch Live get output from the CDJ350's RCA out?)

DJM350 > Speakers/Amp (via RCA)
WarpNote 12:57 PM - 22 March, 2012
Quote:
If I do get 2x CDJ350 and a DJM350, will I still need to get a RANE SL1/2/3/4 to be able to use the CDJ350 in HID mode in Scratch Live?
Yes, or Rane TTM57, 61, 62 or 68.

Quote:
CDJ350 > Scratch Live (via USB in HID Mode to get the tracks)
Yes, if you only have 2 usb ports on your computer, you will need to run the CDJs on a HUB, powered ones are safer. The Rane interface needs to be connected DIRECTLY to the computer, ie NO HUB for the soundcard.

Quote:
CDJ350 > DJM350 via RCA (does the music from Scratch Live get output from the CDJ350's RCA out?)
No, there is no audio output from the CDJ when using SSL in HID. The SL soundcard outputs goes directly to the mixer. ie Line 1 & 2. However, if you wanna run a regular cd from the cdj, then connect the cdj to a free input on the mixer. CDJ needs to be switched back to regular mode for cd playback...

Quote:
DJM350 > Speakers/Amp (via RCA)
Yes, exactly like you would connect any 'ol mixer :D
Dj Mikey d 11:01 PM - 22 March, 2012
ya i can see where he is coming from. It is definitely hard to think about how it works when you don't have the gear in front of you to play around with it.

but it's not that complicated. I have 2 cdj 350s and a djm 700 with a rane sl3. What i do is run 2 usb ports to my usb hub and then it goes to my mac. Then i plug my rca's to my sl3 and then out to the djm 700. **Note that like WARPNOTE said you don't need to plug rca's from your cd players to your rane box. I do it because i need it when i use thru.

And then i plug my sl3 to my mac directly with usb. Not too complicated. And my djm 700 goes strait to my speakers.
Kelvin Yap 12:24 AM - 23 March, 2012
Oh OK!
I thought the tracks were "pulled" from Serato Scratch Live to the CDJs, then connect CDJs to Mixer via RCA from there!

So the tracks are actually sent via USB to the SL3, and not from Serato to CDJ to Mixer.

It's much clearer now... I think? (Someone verify what I just said, please :P)
Kelvin Yap 12:26 AM - 23 March, 2012
Quote:
I do it because i need it when i use thru.

By "thru" you mean using the CDJs like normal? (without the need for Serato Scratch Live software. Just playing CDs like normal and you don't even need your laptop around kinda thing)
Dj Mikey d 12:29 AM - 23 March, 2012
Quote:
Oh OK!
I thought the tracks were "pulled" from Serato Scratch Live to the CDJs, then connect CDJs to Mixer via RCA from there!

So the tracks are actually sent via USB to the SL3, and not from Serato to CDJ to Mixer.

It's much clearer now... I think? (Someone verify what I just said, please :P)

lol it's a bit confusing when you think about it like that.
but the way i think of it is that the when you put a song on your deck it pushes strait to the cdj because the track immediately shows up on your cdj along with other info like time and bpm. I also think that the sound information is then brought to the sl box and then to the mixer and lastly out to the speakers or wtv amp you use.
Kelvin Yap 3:21 AM - 23 March, 2012
Quote:

I also think that the sound information is then brought to the sl box and then to the mixer and lastly out to the speakers or wtv amp you use.

Yeah, so what I'm asking is:

Does the actual sound information get sent from Scratch Live to the SL1 or to the CDJ?
Dj Mikey d 3:26 AM - 23 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
I also think that the sound information is then brought to the sl box and then to the mixer and lastly out to the speakers or wtv amp you use.

Yeah, so what I'm asking is:

Does the actual sound information get sent from Scratch Live to the SL1 or to the CDJ?

now that i think about it it is defintely to your sl1 box because like i said before, it is not necessary to plug rca's out of your cdj's to your sl1 when using HID. So it would be impossible that it's the cdj giving the audio source to your sl box.

listen, before i was using HID, i used timecode. (this was back when HID didn't exist for the 350's) I used timecode enough to know how the sound quality was. I was worried when making the switch to HID and you know what, its exactly the same if not better.

just make sure you have a got usb hub and a good laptop. A recent macbook pro would do the trick. AVOID PC LOL .
Kelvin Yap 3:36 AM - 23 March, 2012
Thanks for that.

I'm only asking this because I was hoping to avoid having the buy an extra SL box and just connect CDJ to the Mixer (assuming sound information is sent from laptop to CDJ then to Mixer then to speakers).

Looks like an SL1 is required :(

Damn this hobby is expensive... Might just grab a Mixtrack Pro and play with DJ Intro or Traktor instead (need to see which one I prefer, never really used them enough to see which I like better).
Dj Mikey d 3:42 AM - 23 March, 2012
Quote:
Thanks for that.

I'm only asking this because I was hoping to avoid having the buy an extra SL box and just connect CDJ to the Mixer (assuming sound information is sent from laptop to CDJ then to Mixer then to speakers).

Looks like an SL1 is required :(

Damn this hobby is expensive... Might just grab a Mixtrack Pro and play with DJ Intro or Traktor instead (need to see which one I prefer, never really used them enough to see which I like better).

if anybody understands you it has to be me. But i can't tell how you much i don't regret getting my pieces seperate. (2x cdj 350 and a djm 700). i think an all in one is alright and will do the job but i love my set up the way it is and there is nothing like scratch live. even though dj intro is made by serato something tells me it's not the same. Don't forget scratch live has been around for ages and intro is very new.

But if your looking for a basic sl box, dont get the sl1 because i don't even think they make it anymore (still support it, but i think it might be discontinued in most stores). get the sl2. its actually cheaper.
WarpNote 7:23 AM - 23 March, 2012
Quote:
I already answered this:
Quote:
No, there is no audio output from the CDJ when using SSL in HID.
So as I answered in your first question, there is no Scratch Live without a Rane Audio Interface. But, the track info: title, time, tempo, will show in the CDJ display.

You can download a quickstart guide for 3rd party controllers in SSL from > serato.com
Also manuals for Serato software > serato.com

Pro sound equipment comes at a premium price, if you just wanna play around as a hobby, you might consider getting a used Itch controller or a DJ intro controller. Likewise, if you can find find a used Rane SL1/SL2/SL3, you can probably save some money.

As Mikey said, the SL1 is now discontinued. It's still a great card, but it does have issues with i series windows machines and modern USB connections. On mac, SL1 works with any cpu. The SL1 is USB 1.1 and 16 bit 44,1 khz audio, while newer ones are 24 bit 48khz. Would not buy it brand new, but if offered VERY cheap, I'd might consider it. I still keep my old SL1 as a backup for my SL4/Sixty Eight.
Best of luck Kevin!
Kelvin Yap 9:26 AM - 23 March, 2012
Thanks for the help, guys :)
And may your gigs be very awesome in the near future!
Honest 2:48 AM - 18 May, 2012
+ 1
pit338 3:35 PM - 26 July, 2012
hello ,im new in the forum....and little confused of this big post.....the truth is im not sure what from all this after 2 years still excists or not on july 2012.
I bought some days ago a pair of cdj 350 cause i was dissapointed from the traktor pro....that programm has many futures....but for my self i need a more stable programm.... not programm who crash easely in the middle of the night in a wedding party. (yes that happend to me)
So im thinking to go to ssl. and here is my questions....i hope somebody helps me:
ssl responds fast with 350? no latency?any sound problem?any crashes? Have a good sound?And finally i can trust them for work?
Which buttons of the programm u can control from the 350? im sure u can control the songs...pitch fader...im not sure if u need the mouse to change the category folders.
Do you see also the name of the song in the cdj 350?
hm,,that is for now... im waiting news!!!
WarpNote 4:50 PM - 26 July, 2012
@pit388, SSL has been very stable to me. I have been running since version 1.7 - ie about 4,5 years now. If youre not VERY good with PCs, you are better off with a mac, less maintenance and generally a lot more stable with real time critical audio programs. The sound quality is top notch. I trust it for work every weekend.

You can see then name of the songs, and navigate the library. Have a look at this video showing the CDJ350 HID with SSL Watchwww.youtube.com

If you want even more control with cues and loops, you can add the Denon HC1000S or Novation Dicers.
pit338 5:53 PM - 26 July, 2012
Thanks Warp for ur answer and the link...i saw the video...if i understand well cause my english dont help me sometimes..lol..you can play from cd if u want with just a simple click on thru. Can you play cd also thru your mixer without to change the cables? Thanks!
WarpNote 9:02 AM - 27 July, 2012
Youre welcome Pit.
Quote:
you can play from cd if u want with just a simple click on thru. Can you play cd also thru your mixer without to change the cables? Thanks!

Yes, you can play a regular CD (or a USB memory stick) directly from your CDJ player i thru mode. The sound is coming from the CDJ through the same cables, no need to change. This is true for SL2, SL3 & SL4 cards. With the older SL1 card, there is no thru mode in the software, but there is a second set of rca connections for constant thru option, so the SL1 will need 4 rca connections in total for thru mode.

If you have the SL box connected by USB when Scratch Live is not running, then thru mode is on by default. But the box must receive power in order to work. Normally, power comes from the USB port. You also run thru mode when the computer is turned off, but in that case you need an external power supply for the box. SL3 & SL4 comes with external power supply, while SL2 & the old SL1 does not come with them. However, these power supplies can be bought in any decent electrics store.

So the thru mode is a great backup solution if the computer decides to die (guest spilling the entire drink on your laptop etc...) However, when doing mobile gigs, I will normally have a ipod touch connected to the mixer as well, as a second backup.

I used to run SL1 myself, and the power supply was great when switching DJs in the middle of the night. I run SL4 these days, as I do a lot of back-to-back gigs. The SL4 will allow 2 laptops at the same time. Making it possible for 2 DJs to be running on a 2 channel mixer if needed, even with thru mode.
WarpNote 9:04 AM - 27 July, 2012
Also, If you wanna learn more about Scratch Live, there are online manuals.
They are not for the latest version, but still very good knowledge there.
-> serato.com
WarpNote 9:07 AM - 27 July, 2012
And the video tutorials in the support sections are worth a view. -> serato.com
pit338 11:16 PM - 24 September, 2012
Finally i bought the sl2 last week and i test it in a wedding party at saturday with no problem at all. Also the sound it was much better from s4. Just little strange to me that i have to use more the keyboard,no beat sync,i have to work little with that. It need little excersice more. The next step is to buy a mac for more stability.
WarpNote 1:43 AM - 25 September, 2012
Congrats on your new sound card pit, if you wanna stay away from the keyboard,
I highly recommend the Denon HC1000S > usa.d-mpro.com
Another popular midi sub controller for SSL is actually the NI Kontrol X1.
It comes with an SSL overlay as well. > www.native-instruments.com
WarpNote 7:47 AM - 25 September, 2012
The dicers is another popular one, it has less features,
but are very nice for cues and autoloops and rolls. > global.novationmusic.com

I use my dicers mainly at home with my tech 1210s and the Rane Sixty Eight.
There is a nice little app by forum members nik39 & radikarl for custom functions/light with the dicers > forum.scratchtools.de

Normally bring my HC1000S to club gigs, as the setup is quicker.
apostolis plastaras 6:11 PM - 28 December, 2012
help cdj 350 when i try to set midi button in mac dont work but in windows working... please help?
DJ TooHypE 4:21 AM - 25 March, 2017
+1 for CDJ-350
Thou <3 CDJ-400 still.
serato.com