DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

ISSUES WITH INTEL I-SERIES PROCESSORS AND THE SL 1 AND TTM 57SL

Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 10:58 PM - 17 September, 2010
Since intel released the i-series processors, we have noticed several problems that have affected SL 1 and TTM 57SL users.

The new i-series chipsets come with a new USB 1.1 system which currently has problems running USB 1.1 hardware at low latency. When this problem occurs, these i-series powered machines fail to deliver audio to the Rane hardware, resulting in audible dropouts. This does not effect all users, SL 1 / TTM 57SL owners may not experience any of these problems.

Rane and Serato have been working with Apple and Microsoft to resolve the issue. Apple have acknowledged the bug and will be issuing a fix in a system update. In the meantime, Scratch Live 2.1.1 contains a fix for this problem on Mac until the official Apple bug-fix is released. We are currently working with Microsoft on a solution for Windows based computers.

We take any issues that effect the performance of Scratch Live very seriously, and have been working hard to find a solution to the problem. If you have been affected by the Intel i-series problem, please keep in touch on the Help Forum to receive progress updates on the solution for Windows computers.

Note that this issue does not affect the SL 3 or Sixty-Eight.
10:58 PM, 17 Sep 2010
Discussion locked by Sam
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 11:02 PM - 3 February, 2011
We are still working with Microsoft on a solution for USB 1.1 devices with Windows based computers.

In the meantime Scratch Live 2.2 contains a workaround driver for this problem. You can download this from here: serato.com (click)

Please see here for the latest information, workarounds and developments: www.serato.com