Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Key Lock causes song to stutter / sound choppy

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
kpcannon 3:32 PM - 9 September, 2010
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.1
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.4
---

I just started noticing a problem with the Key Lock feature last night. I will attach the audio file I noticed the problem on. When the audio file is speeded up or slowed down it begins to distort almost right away. The distortion only seems to be present in the bassline where it goes from sounding smooth to choppy. I have been doing lots of trial and error and nothing seems to get rid of the problem. The audio file sounds fine with key lock turned off. I know that sometimes ableton can make a file sound real choppy when dramatically slowing it down, so i took this particular file and slowed it down from 115 bpm to about 80 bpm in ableton and it still sounded clean. I have problems in serato while using key lock just slowing tracks down from 115 to about 110.

Did they Key Lock change at all in the recent updates? I never had this problem before.

I am on a macbook pro running osx 10.6.4, 2.53 ghz intel core 2 duo processor, and 4gb ram.
kpcannon 3:34 PM - 9 September, 2010
I posted the track in this discussion.
serato.com

Can you grab it from there or should I re-upload it tonight?
Dj Rinski 1:11 AM - 10 September, 2010
This is the exact problem I am getting. I noticed on the tracks it does it on are untill the bassline kicks in. Pretty frustrating. I think I am gonna go back to 1.8 again, but I love the effects so that is a shame.
kpcannon 2:44 AM - 10 September, 2010
Well i talked to someone over the phone at serato today. Seems like this is a known problem. I downgraded to 1.9.2 and still have the problem. Funny I never noticed it before. Will you let me know if 1.8 works for you? Otherwise, im just going to go back to 2.1 and wait for a FIX. Any info on whats being done about this serato people?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:46 AM - 13 September, 2010
Hey kpcannon,

Could you upload one of the tracks that you have experienced this with please? We have made some changes to the way keylock works but it is still different to other software and hardware systems and may seem better or worse to you depending on what you have used previously. I can forward your concerns on and let the team know for future updates :)

Cheers,

Sam.
6:00 AM, 27 Sep 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.