DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Software bug?

BassChamber 12:02 PM - 29 July, 2004
hi all, first thing first: SSL is dope!!!

but what about this?

forums.seratoscratchlive.com

(im a bit concerned about that...)
lancota 5:53 PM - 29 July, 2004
I got this in 1105, but I haven't had it since I upgraded to 1107...
Sam 3:33 AM - 3 August, 2004
If anyone can reproduce this, please let us know. If you can reproduce it reliably, tell us what color the tracking light is when it occurs. Thanks
yuri 3:48 AM - 3 August, 2004
it happened to me once, and i think maybe twice in the past 2 months or so.. I dont think its anything that is reproduceable, its either a very common yet rare user mistake, or a rare glitch
Stuart Ramdeen 11:22 AM - 8 August, 2004
well, it happened to me once yesterday. I'll try and reproduce it today

stu
AJ 3:06 AM - 13 August, 2004
Is there a delay between loading the song and the song getting copied to the other deck? Or does the song load simultaneously to both decks?

Also, does it only happen when using the vinyl selector, or does it also happen when using keys to load?

Please only answer these questions if you are 100% certain - memories are funny things...
yuri 1:38 PM - 13 August, 2004
-It happened to me during the mix.. A while after it was mapped.
-I used drag and drop to map the song.. the song remains highlighted in my crate (that is why i thought it might have to do with v.s)
Stuart Ramdeen 2:39 PM - 13 August, 2004
mine also happened whilst I was actually in the mix. I exclusively use the vinyl select feature on the 10 minute side to map tracks. never touch the machine

s
lancota 3:28 PM - 13 August, 2004
Quote:
Is there a delay between loading the song and the song getting copied to the other deck? Or does the song load simultaneously to both decks?

Also, does it only happen when using the vinyl selector, or does it also happen when using keys to load?

Please only answer these questions if you are 100% certain - memories are funny things...

It happened simultaneously, once it happened when I took the needle off the record, then the mapped track that I took the needle off went to the other side.

I haven't used drag and dop to map songs in a long time, I've been usin the keyboard shortcut. And like I said, I haven't gotten this error on my mac ever since I updated to 1107. Then again, since I upded to 1107 I also haven't used drag and drop.

I never use the 10 min side with the vinyl selector option, only the 15min side.
AJ 11:20 PM - 13 August, 2004
The most useful piece of information you could give us right now is the exact position the misbehaving deck is in when it loads a song. So next time a song loads without your asking it to, quickly stop the turntable and note down the track position.

I realise the problem is rare, and if it happens in a live situation, you're not likely to do anything of the sort, but in any case the information would be useful.

Has anyone noticed a song loading by itself that wasn't the same as the one on the other deck?
lancota 11:29 PM - 13 August, 2004
I'll be sure to document it as close as I can...but like I said, since 1107 I've never had this problem again.