Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Signal randomly cutting off

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
mybaad 8:46 PM - 28 July, 2004
for some reason, every now and then, (while im cuing) my signal will cut off on the channel im cuing on. My other channel (turntable) will be playing fine, but the one that gets cut off will not work untill I restart SSL, I tried switching the track but its definately a program bug, not mp3 related.
btw my threshhold circles are pretty round, auto overfill is off, and buffer set all the way to the right.

I'm on a G4 powerbook 550, 512mb ram. (upgrading soon)
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:04 PM - 28 July, 2004
Hello Mybaad,

What version of SL are you using?

Are you playing AIFF, Wave , MP3, or CDs?
mybaad 11:46 PM - 28 July, 2004
please tell me they fixed that on 1107, cause I have'nt upgraded yet, im still on 1105, and im playing mp3's directly off my hard drive.
Serato, Moderator
AJ 12:41 AM - 30 July, 2004
I can't say whether this has been "fixed" or not, because I've never heard of this problem. You're saying that one side just dies, and refuses to play until you restart?

Scratch LIVE doesn't know which side you are cueing and which side is playing, because the software cannot know which way your crossfader is. But it could still be mp3 related, if for example you have an mp3 which breaks the software on one side. It seems unlikely, but we need more information about this problem. Particularly useful would be if you work out how to reproduce the situation reliably. You should also always use the latest version before reporting a problem.
mybaad 2:18 AM - 30 July, 2004
yea, you have a point, well, ill update tonight and test it, thanx anyway though
T-One 7:01 AM - 30 July, 2004
i had the same problem than mybaad last night.
One side suddenly stop to play music, can control with the vinyl but no sound, need to restart SSL.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 4:08 AM - 4 August, 2004
Do you have an mp3 file that causes this to occur?
diego vega 7:27 AM - 4 August, 2004
Quote:
i had the same problem than mybaad last night.
One side suddenly stop to play music, can control with the vinyl but no sound, need to restart SSL.

This has happenned to me and I suspect that some MP3 files 'break' SSL... not sure why?
mybaad 6:46 PM - 5 August, 2004
yea I think your right Vega, for some reason some MP3's do break the signal, the only problem is that its so random its hard to catch