Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Adding Genres I Play to My Profile

afr00 8:39 PM - 23 February, 2007
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but...

seeing as the point in filling in my dj profile is to allow labels to decide if they want to give me access to their tunes on WL, shouldn't I be able to specify what genres I'm playing (interested in)? I'm not going to be playing a pop tune on my BaseFM show, so it's a waste of time being put on a list for a pop tune. And labels that release afrobeat will not necessarily know from the radio stations I play on that I am an afrobeat nut (amongst other things)

;) for the record: afrobeat, dancehall, dubstep, afro-funk, hip hop and of course, elektronik afrowhatever [my own productions] ;))
afr00 9:17 PM - 23 February, 2007
oh and of course it would allow labels to choose djs from tags eg has radio show+ afrobeat+ hip hop
sojourn 10:49 PM - 24 February, 2007
EXCELLENT suggestion - I HAVE to second this and give it a bump

...bump

Makes complete sense for all reasons mentioned - would definitely hook up the right people with the right people. Only thing I'd ad (ask about) would be: Mods, is there currently a search feature implemented (planned) for participating record labels, based on SSL-users' declared genres of choice?

props afr00
Serato
dave 12:24 AM - 26 February, 2007
Nice one afr00 - that is planned.

I played some dubstep on base fm last week :) What show do you do?
afr00 1:29 AM - 28 February, 2007
Hey Dave,

I do the friday morning breakfast with Tommy Flowers...
just arrived in NZ from UK and Serato so saved my a*se!! All my vinyl was in shipping, but I had a lot of stuff on an external HD. So now I've got the vinyl back, but still using scratch live 95% of the time, especially for the Nigerian hiphop that isn't on vinyl yet

Big up Serato, big up your chests!
lol
afr00 1:30 AM - 28 February, 2007
and big up your chest too Sojourn
;)
Serato
dave 4:46 AM - 28 February, 2007
Cool - I'll check your show on my drive to work this week.