Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

When will Whitelabel.net files work properly?

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Dj Wunder 10:20 PM - 21 February, 2007
So excited about the whitelabel service but as of yet all those files do is crash my ibook G4 when I try to Tag them. (Tagging done in SSL)
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:22 PM - 21 February, 2007
quote from you:
Quote:
I had this problem after batch tagging four Whitelabel tracks, and then loading a different song. First, the waveform display showed a blank (Black) area where the wave should've been, then the wave showed crazy big and the song was basically unintelligable.
ibook G4 933Mhz OSX 10.3.9 680 MB with WD 250gb external

Do the songs play before you try to edit the tag?
Please give a detailed description of what your doing exactly.
Dj Wunder 12:12 AM - 22 February, 2007
Yes, the songs play, eventually, and even tag, eventually. They all had their Overviews built fine, (although I noticed the process would "hang" on those whitelabel files). What I'm getting is a wicked 5-30 second freeze when I try to load a whitelabel track. Same if I try to tag one. Where it gets really sticky is if I try to batch tag. Last night I batched four files, Which froze my machine for a good 45 seconds, then loaded another non-whitelabel file. I got a blank area where the waveform should have been in the display, and when I hit play an alien and very "loud" looking waveform appeared, and the audio was a loud, garbled mess. After that I restarted SSL, figuring that something had been bugged out and I would only have more problems.
Rane, Support
Zach S 12:23 AM - 22 February, 2007
Hm.. I'll look into this.
DJ Hugh Tyson 2:18 AM - 22 February, 2007
I had that same problem before I got v1.7. You're on 1.7 or 1.7.1 right?
Serato
Edouard 4:15 AM - 22 February, 2007
The Whitelabel files are unusual because they have ID3 tags that can be as large as 10M, and so updating the tags takes much longer than for normal mp3 files (where the tags are usually somewhere between 1k and 300k, depending on whther they have album art etc).

On a new desktop machine with fast SATA hard drives, the time to write the tags to a Whitelabel track will be a couple of seconds, but on an older laptop with slow drives, it might be closer to 10 seconds.

Having the waveform blank or messed up, and the audio messed up is a serious bug though - can you make it happen again by making another batch change to those file? If yoyu can reproduce it, upload all five files to scratchlive.net and we'll see if we can find the problem and make a fix.
Serato, Moderator
Andy W 4:22 AM - 22 February, 2007
Dj Wunder, can you please confirm which version of ScratchLIVE you're using? Please include the build number from the bottom right corner of the setup screen (in brackets)...
The808TEK 10:52 PM - 29 July, 2008
I have the "latest version" and I cant play the .wl.mpeg, why is that?
The808TEK 10:54 PM - 29 July, 2008
I have 18120.
Serato
Josh 11:36 PM - 29 July, 2008
The808TEK, can you start your own help topic please? it helps us keep things organized.

thanks

Josh