Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

SSL interface conflicting with other components???

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Lou 11:23 PM - 25 July, 2004
i was using SSL last night at a party and my denon 4000 just starting acting crazy, i've been using this player for a long time and i never had a problem with any components in my system for years. The controller for the cd player starting going haywire, the pitch numbers were flashing in and out and the cd player just started turning on and off. I've never seen a player do this before, i can only assume that its the SSL interface causing a conflict with the denon controller due to the fact that the interface gets connected in between the cd player and the mixer, anyone experience any thing similar to this???
Serato
Josh 11:50 PM - 25 July, 2004
Quote:
i can only assume that its the SSL interface causing a conflict with the denon controller due to the fact that the interface gets connected in between the cd player and the mixer

That sounds almost impossible to me, it should just be outputting audio, once that audio leaves the cd player, how could it possibly have any idea what is happening? And why should it?

I would consider taking it in to get serviced, but anyone feel free to jump if there's something I'm missing here...