DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

CLASSIC KDAY 1580AM MIXES

Dj BuddyLove 10:33 PM - 24 July, 2010
Been doing a lot of searching & digging and found some classic KDAY1580AM mixes & snippits..

Enjoy!

Classic KDAY AM STEREO Traffic Jam mixes

Hip Hop Mix 14.04 minutes:
www.mediafire.com

Hip Hop - Electro mix by Joe Cooley, 14.47 minutes
www.mediafire.com

Mix by Dr. Dre, 11.17 minutes:
www.mediafire.com

Hip Hop Mix, 10.55 minutes:
www.mediafire.com

Traffic Jam with Dr. Dre on KDAY AM STEREO
www.zshare.net

King Tee, NWA, Public Enemy live from Skateland USA in Compton and more goodies broadcasted on KDAY AM STEREO

Live from Skateland USA in Compton (broadcasted on KDAY)

King Tee (13.25)
www.zshare.net

NWA & Eazy-E (12.28)
www.zshare.net

Public Enemy (20.47)
www.zshare.net

More KDAY AM STEREO goodies

Joe Cooley cutting Tour de France
www.zshare.net

Rodney O and Joe Cooley Saterdaynight live
www.zshare.net

Another Dr.Dre mix broadcasted on KDAY AM STEREO
www.zshare.net

Greg Mack & Wreckin Crew, x-mass, 1984 (4.40)
www.zshare.net

Ice-T saturdaynight live (4.57 minutes)
www.zshare.net

and last but not least a great mix from 1988:
www.zshare.net

if anyone can contribute to Calssic KDAY 1580AM Mixes please do so..

Thanks
djpuma_gemini 10:51 PM - 24 July, 2010
damn thanks for this. this takes me back back back in the day.
Dj BuddyLove 11:16 PM - 24 July, 2010
found these and a whole bunch more (non KDAY)
here..
old-school-hiphop-tapes.blogspot.com
howcome 6:19 AM - 25 July, 2010
Nice find on the KDAY mixes. I wish I could get some of the old MWALK mixes, he was a master with the old electrohop stuff. Some of the others were RALPHM, Toni G and Bobcat. Thanks again.
howcome 4:29 PM - 25 July, 2010
Just checked youtube and it seems some of these guys are getting back into djing. Toni G and Ralph M have the most videos.
Dj BuddyLove 7:56 PM - 25 July, 2010
Quote:
Just checked youtube and it seems some of these guys are getting back into djing. Toni G and Ralph M have the most videos.

they have never quit just went underground for a while..

Enjoy..
Greg Mack

www.gregmack.biz
www.facebook.com

Tony G

www.facebook.com
www.stickam.com
www.ustream.tv

Julio G
www.facebook.com

Ralph M
www.facebook.com

Hamburger Helper / Hazze

www.facebook.com

also Westside Radio , julio G, Tony G & B Real on

www.stickam.com

not KDAY but the OG Cut Creator here

www.stickam.com
Mix Master Ace 6:34 PM - 26 September, 2010
KDAY 1580AM the legendary radio station if you know anything about the west coast Hip Hop history you will know about KDAY i grew up listening to that station with the hisses and pops from a weak AM band signal i lived in Montebello, California right next to East L.A. and even there i had a weak signal i use to string wire all around my room just to listen to the Greg Mack Mix Master's that was early 80's in 1983 i started to spin vinyl myself with my best friend of over 25 years now DJ Bubba we started a mobile DJ business that i named 12 Cut's we used to hang out at Exodus Records & Road House Records on Whittier Blvd. in Montebello the owner was Armenian and so is DJ Bubba so we got all the great vinyl records both domestic & import before anyone else another one of the great places of that era was The Casa Camino Real when i talked to Greg Mack on MySpace he remembered me & DJ Bubba spinning live on the air from The Casa on KDAY that same night N.W.A., Copper, Afrorican & Ice-T were in the house we were honored to spin on KDAY from listening to the show to being a part of it was beyond exciting and to mingle with some of the greats was the bomb for a couple of kids from the Montebello backyard DJ scene... the last time i talked to Tony G. earlier this year (January 2010) he wanted me to hook up with him and reminisce about the good ole days when i was going to be in the L.A. area i couldn't find the time on my road trip down the coast of Cali and into Vegas but i did stop and see DJ Bubba man he still has all the tapes from the old days i will try my best to get those tapes converted and posted online of our classic mixes and all the KDAY shows when i go and visit him again later this year and i will do a full interview with Tony G. if i can schedule it and post it everywhere well i have a big list of links to contribute to this post so enjoy the stuff i found and i will update as much as i can thanks for helping us keep the Real Hip Hop alive and for all the memories and blast from the past...

Mix Master Ace, CEO & Founder
Something New Now Media Promotions, Management & Distribution, LLC

(205) 341-6789 Office
promotion@somethingnewnow.net
mixmasterace@hotmail.com
www.somethingnewnow.net

my Official Website i am designing...
www.wix.com

THE LEGENDS...

Mix Master Tony G.
www.myspace.com

Mix Master Julio G.
www.myspace.com

Dr, Dre
www.myspace.com

DJ BattleCat
www.myspace.com

DJ Joe Cooley
www.myspace.com

DJ Aladdin
www.myspace.com

DJ M-Walk
www.myspace.com

Mix Master Ace
www.myspace.com

DJ Bubba
www.myspace.com
DJJorel 12:14 AM - 27 September, 2010
This thread also reminds me of the live mixtapes that NWA used to make at the Roadium Swap Meet in Gardena in Southern Cali. Does anybody have any links to any of those?
RnBDJkb 9:08 PM - 27 September, 2010
Sweet memories, thanks for sharing...
DjLouSince82 10:38 PM - 27 September, 2010
nice thread..hey dj jorel i got some of them roadium mixes i will try to upload, i also got lot of cassettes i recorded from the mixmaster show and the high energy show in the 80's just need to get to my parents house and start diggin lol. KDAY best radio station in Hip Hop History! guys dont miss out the cali spin off every year i just went to it last month it was off the hook with all the original mixmasters.
dj_KaSE 2:54 AM - 28 September, 2010
Dope!!!
DJJorel 3:59 AM - 28 September, 2010
Quote:
nice thread..hey dj jorel i got some of them roadium mixes i will try to upload, i also got lot of cassettes i recorded from the mixmaster show and the high energy show in the 80's just need to get to my parents house and start diggin lol. KDAY best radio station in Hip Hop History! guys dont miss out the cali spin off every year i just went to it last month it was off the hook with all the original mixmasters.

Hell yeah! Lookin forward to those uploads!
Dj BuddyLove 5:24 AM - 28 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Hell yeah! Lookin forward to those uploads!

yessir!! :)
Mix Master Ace 12:24 AM - 2 October, 2010
Quote:
This thread also reminds me of the live mixtapes that NWA used to make at the Roadium Swap Meet in Gardena in Southern Cali. Does anybody have any links to any of those?

yes i have collected a series of all the old KDAY mix's and i have posted them in a mixtape form on datpiff and also i have links for you all enjoy...

KDAY 1580AM Mix Master's Kday Traffic Jam's
www.datpiff.com

THE BIGGEST ONLINE COLLECTION OF CLASSIC HIP HOP I HAVE EVER SEEN IN OVER 15 YEARS OF SEARCHING...
old-school-hiphop-tapes.blogspot.com

THE SITE I DESIGNED FOR SOME OF THE ORIGINAL KDAY DJ'S...
www.wix.com

MY OFFICIAL WEBSITE I DESIGNED...
www.wix.com

MY PROMOTION COMPANY...
www.somethingnewnow.net
howcome 12:59 AM - 2 October, 2010
I've been buying a lot of the old electro stuff you here in some of those mixes and I forgot how much drift some of those songs had. Lets Jam by DJ Unknown has crazy drift at the end scratch part. Listening to Joe Cooley with Technicolor sped up somehow makes that song sound so much better even with the crazy static. Memories of being a very little kid listening to this cut in and out here in N. Cali. I wish you could find some old MWALK he is the one I remember the most.
DJJorel 9:08 AM - 2 October, 2010
Man, these links have got me all twisted and giddy. It reminds me how much hip hop has grown, and I was lucky to witness it and to grow up with it all along the way.
Dj BuddyLove 10:14 PM - 2 October, 2010
i should have posted this event link here too..
www.serato.com

it was fun.
dj buterd hams 5:27 AM - 3 October, 2010
got to dl some of these
Shantel 6:56 AM - 3 January, 2017
Morning drive dj and then program director... Jack Patterson
JE Visual Studios 5:44 AM - 12 June, 2019
THE ROADIUM MIXTAPE DOCUMIXERY COMING 2019 DIRECTED BY TONY A> www.documixery.com
DJ Unique 7:59 PM - 12 June, 2019
Nice old post.