Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Clicking and Popping with CDs

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Dj Greg G 3:57 AM - 22 July, 2004
I've adjusted everything, threshold, usb still get alot of clicking and popping. Is this as good as it gets for the time being? Athlon xp2600+ 200gb 512mb Windows Xp 2Denon S5000s, Rane Mp22z.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 7:00 AM - 22 July, 2004
You should not get any clicking or popping. If you do, something is seriously wrong with your setup. Have you disabled any pitch correction functions on your CD Decks?
Dj Greg G 3:29 AM - 23 July, 2004
That's what it is. On the Denon s5000s there's a key adj for the pitch' when it's enable that's when I get the clicking and popping. You the man Steve. The only problem is that's a big feature I like on the the cd players. You can mix records that you normally couldn't with it. Is this something that's gonna be corrected in the future? Thanks again, Greg
Serato
Josh 4:05 AM - 23 July, 2004
Quote:
Is this something that's gonna be corrected in the future?

Not in terms of supporting the denon key correction, since you just can't get around the way it mangles the control signal.

However check out the relevant thread in the feature suggestion section, we will be implementing key correction as a plug-in. In my honest opinion the quality of the key correction will be beyond _anything_ currently in the DJ market.

You may not be aware we make an award winning Pitch Shifting/Time Compression/Expansion plug-in for Pro Tools which is used daily on hit records and movies around the world.

Check out www.serato.com for some downloadable samples of its quality. I think you'll be impressed.
Alexander 9:27 PM - 23 July, 2004
Quote:
You may not be aware we make an award winning Pitch Shifting/Time Compression/Expansion plug-in for Pro Tools which is used daily on hit records and movies around the world.

Check out www.serato.com for some downloadable samples of its quality. I think you'll be impressed.

I am still wishing this was available as a VST or Core Audio everyday! :)
Dj Greg G 3:17 AM - 24 July, 2004
Well I've been mixing for about three hours with no problems at all. Thanks again.