Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

'Interface disconnected' problem

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
T-One 7:01 PM - 21 July, 2004
Hello,

Since i installed the version 1107 i have a problem that appeared.
When i start windows XP (Familial Edition, Athlon XP 1500+, 256 Mo Ram, Compaq Presario) with the ScratchLive box connected, SSL say 'Interface disconnected'. I've been to the system manager and under the USB Devices, they're is a little yellow 'exclamation point' saying that the device is not powered.
I need to disconnect the ScratchLive box and reconnect it in order to SSL to work.
In the other case, if i start windows XP xith the interface disconnected and connect it when windows has started, everything work well.
Before the version 1107 everything was working well.
Someone has alos this problem??
Thanks!
nik39 7:09 PM - 21 July, 2004
Does using an external power supply for SSL "solve" that problem?
T-One 10:40 PM - 21 July, 2004
no, the problem is still there....
T-One 10:57 PM - 21 July, 2004
Found the problem.... ;-)
It came from my optical mouse that is connected also to the USB 1.1 port of the laptop. When the mouse is connected, the problem is there and, when i reboot windows and disconnect the mouse, the ScratchBox is working well.
DOn't know what to do now??? disconnect the mouse each time i start my laptop or disconnect the ScratchBox each time i don't use it?
What do you think it's the better way??
Serato
Josh 12:27 AM - 22 July, 2004
T-One is there an updated driver available for your mouse? how many usb host controllers are listed in your device manager?
T-One 4:46 PM - 26 July, 2004
My Mouse is an optical Logitech MX-300.
I've downloaded the latest driver for it and installed the driver. The problem is still there.
In the device manager, there is 10 listed controller + the Serato device.
Hope this can help....
Tell me if you find an answer or a solution!
Thanks a lot.
Serato
Josh 10:31 PM - 26 July, 2004
Have you tried the XP USb update found here -

support.microsoft.com
Serato
Josh 10:32 PM - 26 July, 2004
Also check whether you can find updated versions of your BIOS and motherboard chipset drivers etc etc from the manufacturers website.
DJ C-Zer 5:57 PM - 30 July, 2004
do you guys this this is a usb 2.0 vs. usb 1.1 drag down issue? I also have this problem. I haven't tested out to see if it occurs without the external mouse plugged in, but this can get annoying. I usually wait till Windows boots up and then i plug in SSL.
DJ Flipside 2:34 AM - 31 July, 2004
I have this problem as well, the only difference is that it doesn't happen all the time. SSL runs on a dual processor AMD Athlon tower, 1024 mb RAM, xp professional with a usb 2 external hard-drive (where all the tunes are stored). SSL connects to the onboard usb 1 hub, while the external drive connects to a seperate pci usb 2 card. Could the problem be something to do with the combined usage of usb 1 and 2, or maybe something related to the external drive... sometimes I have to disconnect it to use it with my laptop - when I connect it back to the SSL machine and open SSL I get the 'interface disconnected' message.
It's not all bad though, guys!!! version 1107 has managed to sort out the crashing on the setup page - I can now calibrate for as long as I want. Still crashes on exit once in a while...
I'm sure you'll get there within a few more versions! (eagerly waiting...).Keep up the good work guys!
Peace