Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

WHY THESE TRACKS WILL BE USELESS ...

chirpflare2 6:39 AM - 9 January, 2007
IM NOT STARTING BEEF OR CAUSING DRAMA SO PLEASE READ MY POST BEFORE REPLYING.

#1. first of all, only a SMALL percentage of djs mix using instrumentals and radio versions. not every dj can FLIP it with 12" singles and most DEPEND on dj friendly intro tracks such as x-mix or lethal weapon. for those tracks that ARENT on remix services, some djs CREATE their OWN 32 beat intro by EDITING the mp3 track which leads to...

#2. these tracks CANNOT be EDITED for intros, "mashups", blends, remixes, whatever, so the are pretty much USELESS. NEXT...

#3. these are not IPOD friendly so we will NOT KNOW how these tracks will SOUND like because we will NOT LISTEN to them. how will we KNOW if a track will be the next CLUB BANGER or CLASSIC if we cannot listen to it BEYOND the computer. i PERSONALLY like to put all the latest tracks i DOWNLOADED from DIGIWAXX and FILEMP3.ORG and INTERNETDJS.CO.UK on my nano so i can give them a FEW listens so i can actually FEEL the songs out.

32k = SHADY!!!!! how do you expect us to play your songs when you place restrictions on us? if we really wanted to BOOTLEG music we can DO SO without having to download from here. take your USELESS TRACKS and keep them
Killbill 7:34 AM - 9 January, 2007
I'm with you on this, if someone was really out to bootleg music, this wouldn't stop them. I'm like you, the music I play on scratchlive is the same music i put in my ipod when i'm cruising around. This 32kbps limitation just sucks. But hey, they say it's free so we can't complain. It's bogus!
DJ Czar 10:48 AM - 9 January, 2007
1) I'm sorry if you can't mix with instrumentals, don't call yourself a DJ. Dj friendly intros exist for quick mixes and occasional laziness. I can't imagine how boring your sets must be if all you mix with are extended cuts. What record pool do you know of that will send you Lethal Weapongs, Funkymixes, Xmixes, etc? Thought so.

2) Sure they can, play it in Serato and loop it back. Yes, it's a an extra step and there's a quality loss, but you shouldn't be doing edits with MP3's in the first place. Use uncompressed masters.

3) Exactly how did you listen to vinyl sent to you in the car? But wait, you were never part of a REAL record pool, were you? You are the generation of "DJ's" that grew up on illegal file sharing and expect everything handed to you. You never experienced driving 30 miles to the record store to get that small batch of promos they just got. You never dug through crates to find that out of issue gem you've been looking for.

Can't you all understand how big of a deal it is for labels to entrust all cuts of their latest releases to be available for free online supposedly only for DJ's.. They have no guarantee who these DJ's are, where they play, and even if they are DJs and not just free music hungry kids.. At least this way they KNOW that the only way these tracks can be played in high quality is on professional hardware/software like Serato, hardware/software that usually is owned by someone serious enough about what they do with it.
Daim 11:02 AM - 9 January, 2007
1. i can listen to all tracks in perfect quality.. i just plug in serato and use internal mode.. if i wanted to listen to those tracks private on my ipod i would ->BUY<- them.

2. there's a looping function + u completely see this from ur hiphop point... electronic genres usually have about 1 minute intro and outro.. and nobody i know is editing the tracks he's playing.. if i really wanted to do stuff like that i would >BUY< the tracks and play them in ableton live which gives much more power and control about remixing and editing (even live in front of the audience)..

3. and again ur point of view is using the tracks for ur private pleasure instead of any promotional use which leads to..... yeah u got it.. the fact that u should >BUY< them!

btw didnt they ban u from the official serato forums... this just looks like a cheap try of a revenge
Daim 11:26 AM - 9 January, 2007
sorry the numbers in front of my answers are incorrect.. i was blinded by all ur uppercase words.. maybe get a new keyboard
Sheeds 12:14 PM - 9 January, 2007
Quote:
3) Exactly how did you listen to vinyl sent to you in the car? But wait, you were never part of a REAL record pool, were you? You are the generation of "DJ's" that grew up on illegal file sharing and expect everything handed to you. You never experienced driving 30 miles to the record store to get that small batch of promos they just got. You never dug through crates to find that out of issue gem you've been looking for.

Can't you all understand how big of a deal it is for labels to entrust all cuts of their latest releases to be available for free online supposedly only for DJ's.. They have no guarantee who these DJ's are, where they play, and even if they are DJs and not just free music hungry kids.. At least this way they KNOW that the only way these tracks can be played in high quality is on professional hardware/software like Serato, hardware/software that usually is owned by someone serious enough about what they do with it.

Damn, that's wassup. I admit that I'm part of that generation of DJs so that's respect right there....

anyways, up until last week I would've agreed with this guy cuz I was yearning for some friendly intro DJ wax..but I decided to man up and do it the right way, like owning a real 12" single. So unlike the lazy thread starter I just decided to practice my ass off. And you know what? getting that main to drop with that instrumental you just mixed gave me the BEST feeling in the world. well, almost.
dj disturbed 6:23 PM - 9 January, 2007
hell.. i can listen to the tracks (even though they arenot the best quality) outside of SSL and tell if they are going to be bangers or not... its not like you cant hear the music playing.... its just lower quality. Its free music.. so stop your bitching. And i if you want the songs to use as a mash up then use SSL and record to a diff computer and make the mashup live (so you actualy put work into making he remix/mashup and not just pick apart the tracks in ablaton
chirpflare2 7:09 PM - 9 January, 2007
Quote:
1) I'm sorry if you can't mix with instrumentals, don't call yourself a DJ. Dj friendly intros exist for quick mixes and occasional laziness. I can't imagine how boring your sets must be if all you mix with are extended cuts. What record pool do you know of that will send you Lethal Weapongs, Funkymixes, Xmixes, etc? Thought so.

2) Sure they can, play it in Serato and loop it back. Yes, it's a an extra step and there's a quality loss, but you shouldn't be doing edits with MP3's in the first place. Use uncompressed masters.

Haha. for starters, im an OG of the dj game and was a long time member of the oldest record pool in SF called BADDA and also the CHOP SHOP record pool. I was buds with SHORTKUT since elementary school and rolled with him from mobile to club to skratch events and battles. please STFU before you talk because i was refferring to SUCKA DJS like you who cant flip 12" and the majority of you only match beats and cant skratch anyway so instrumentals are USELESS. so before you assume shit about me - leave this TOPIC to what its about... which is that these tracks are USELESS to the majority of SERATO users. the "real" djs you talk about GET SHIT SENT DIRECTLY TO THEM from labels or GET SHIT FROM RADIO STATIONS THEY WORK AT so they dont need to be downloading 32k DRM BULLSHIT FROM HERE.
chirpflare2 7:13 PM - 9 January, 2007
Quote:
1. i can listen to all tracks in perfect quality.. i just plug in serato and use internal mode.. if i wanted to listen to those tracks private on my ipod i would ->BUY<- them.

2. there's a looping function + u completely see this from ur hiphop point... electronic genres usually have about 1 minute intro and outro.. and nobody i know is editing the tracks he's playing.. if i really wanted to do stuff like that i would >BUY< the tracks and play them in ableton live which gives much more power and control about remixing and editing (even live in front of the audience)..

3. and again ur point of view is using the tracks for ur private pleasure instead of any promotional use which leads to..... yeah u got it.. the fact that u should >BUY< them!

btw didnt they ban u from the official serato forums... this just looks like a cheap try of a revenge

if you wanna buy a bunch of bullshit tracks to listen on your ipod then go ahead.

but of course you are a DANCE dj so you buy your music to "support" up and coming studio nerds that produce shit from fruity loops. this site will be USELESS to you anyway because MAJORITY of the music will be hip hop from MAJOR LABELS.
Serato
Jeff D 7:26 PM - 9 January, 2007
if u want a digital file you can use for all the things in #2...feel free to call any label rep and ask for a cd but let them know what you plan to do w/ it.... I'm sure they'd love the mashup pitch... and i'm sure if u made one u liked you wouldn't send it to other djs.... but if it just so happened to magically leak out to other djs, I'm pretty sure labels would jump for joy because now there's a version of their record out there that they dont own.

But if your purpose is to bootleg as you pointed out then don't use the site....but I find it funny that you pointed out that your not starting beef or causing drama then going on to bash a system that tries to protect the very thing that allows you to make a living...assuming you are a dj...
Serato
Jeff D 7:41 PM - 9 January, 2007
Quote:
the "real" djs you talk about GET SHIT SENT DIRECTLY TO THEM from labels or GET SHIT FROM RADIO STATIONS THEY WORK AT so they dont need to be downloading 32k DRM BULLSHIT FROM HERE.

If that's your definition of "real" djs then why did u have to be a long time member of record pools?
dj cubicle 8:08 PM - 9 January, 2007
*yawn* this discussion bores me and doesn't appear to be going anywhere productive. can we get it locked?
Daim 12:25 AM - 10 January, 2007
Quote:

if you wanna buy a bunch of bullshit tracks to listen on your ipod then go ahead.

why should i buy bullshit? are u doing that?
Daim 12:35 AM - 10 January, 2007
Quote:

Haha. for starters, im an OG of the dj game

haha thx u made my day :-)

i agree this thread should be locked.. and maybe a reporting button should be added like in the serato forum
Detroitbootybass 1:01 AM - 10 January, 2007
Chirpflare - If you consider this site and the FREE music to be "bullshit", then why are you even here?

Trolling for attention again?
CarbonDJ 4:33 AM - 10 January, 2007
Chirpflare, it's a FREE SERVICE to us Serato users for God's sake...why are you bitching?? Pop a prozac or something.
Daim 12:33 PM - 10 January, 2007
because he was banned from the other forum.. he should be banned from here too at least till he's 16 (2010)
Talrinys 1:22 PM - 10 January, 2007
Chirpflare would you please go away?

That point is moot, this is free, you have absolutely no reason to make absurd demands.
marknonsense1 3:45 AM - 11 January, 2007
My 2 cent: All I would like to do is be able to back them up, downloading take so much time.....

I would also like for the lable to let us make remixes if we like..... I know it's free and it's all good but come on we can get the music from other places and do what we want.... LABLE'S there are way around all the BS.... I'll try not to use this site...... I'll get all music anyways from the record pool's i'm in or the radio but I'm looking at it from the little DJ's eyes....

Love serato for the IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!
kev_the_dj 3:52 AM - 11 January, 2007
1) I'm sorry if you can't mix with Instrumentals. But your Funkymixes are still available elsewhere.

2) Once again...your tracks are available elsewhere.

3) Have you ever considered playing this on Serato?

4) Have you ever considered playing this on Serato?
KitK 5:17 PM - 11 January, 2007
Chirp.. smoke a fatty and chill...

it cannot all be perfect and please us all.
Killbill 11:38 PM - 11 January, 2007
Serato rocks period. Please close this god forsaken thread.
Dj Nemesi$ 1:51 AM - 12 January, 2007
Dear Chirp
Mix your instrumental before the first song ends
That way when the first song ends you have plenty of time to put on the full song
or you can loop the beginin' of the song to make an instrumental like sound and loop out when ever you ready
Spend a little time with Serato and you will get creative.
DJ James G 3:05 AM - 12 January, 2007
LOL. Chirp doesnt need a free music service, He needs free anger management. Talk about looking at a gift horse in the mouth. jeez.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 4:11 AM - 12 January, 2007
This doesn't seem to be going anywhere. locked.