Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Poor Quality MP3

Lowbot 8:01 AM - 8 January, 2007
I recently downloaded a track from this site which sounds awful, anyway after a bit of reading I found a discussion where someone from Serato mentioned that the quality is only bad if played in anything other than Scratch Live.... anyway, I dropped the freshly downloaded track in mention at a club the other night and guess what.... it still sounded like shit, it was almost embarrassing, a quick mix and we were out of there... never to go back again to that track again. Now its not the track cause I own the original on 7 inch and its a slick production number. Any thoughts?
CarbonDJ 8:16 AM - 8 January, 2007
Make sure you are running atleast version 1.6.3 (official release, not beta) or later. If you are running a beta version of 1.6.3 or anything earlier it will play the track but sound like garbage. Try that first and see if that helps.
Talrinys 3:53 PM - 8 January, 2007
Then you're not doing it right, simple as that
BIG DJ PHAZE 12:55 AM - 9 January, 2007
tracks are only encoded at 32kbs, not 320, am I missing something here? Do they sound good only in scratch live?
BIG DJ PHAZE 12:57 AM - 9 January, 2007
Oops should of read the FAQs first, sorry!