Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Feedback

Slick MF 9:23 AM - 4 January, 2007
Hi. I'd like to start a discussion to see if feedback is going to be an essential element of the Whitelabel process. I've been a member of record pools for the past 10 years, and, while the feedback process has lost some of the urgency that it used to have for us, we must still do it. Labels are releasing this music to find out what is going on in the streets, in the clubs, on the radio, etc.

One of the other online pools I've been using for the past year or two has a required feedback system per track you download. After a week or 10 days or so passes, you must enter feedback for each track you have d/led before you can d/l any more. This is helpful to the labels, as well as other DJs who are interested in downloading a song with which they are not familiar. I am not necessarily advocating this system, especially since it means more work for me/us, but I am just curious if Whitelabel will be taking this direction.

slick m/f
Serato, Support
Matt G 10:13 AM - 4 January, 2007
No feedback required at Whitelabel.net :)

There will be individual forum discussions automatically created for each release, where anyone who wants to can discuss the release. The labels may read these discussions. But there will be no requirement from you to participate in these discussions.
Talrinys 4:38 PM - 4 January, 2007
That sounds lovely Matt G :)
I'm currently using Worksessions, which has a vote system for each track, and Digiwaxx which has a more extensive feedback system, and i do put a lot of time into giving nice feedback & reviews, but i'm always missing some kind of reaction from labels/other users, this seems like a perfect way to do it.
Serato, Support
Matt G 10:33 PM - 4 January, 2007
It's possible that people from the labels might even participate in the discussions on individual releases. Although that's pure speculation on my part.