Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

safari 2.0

Serato, Support
Matt G 6:24 AM - 3 January, 2007
Safari 2 is definitely supported (it's my primary browser). Can you describe in more detail what problem you're having?
theJhiz 12:00 PM - 3 January, 2007
was kind of bunning when my safari 2.0 wasn't allowing me to d-load or preview tracks. so i d-loaded mozilla firefox 2.0.0.1 and all is well. will a fix for safari 2,0 be out soon?
p.s.-running osx 10.4 dual gig g4
theJhiz 12:09 PM - 3 January, 2007
ok...my tenacity allowed one click (in around 20) to yield a menu opening...but das about it (in safari 2.0)
theJhiz 2:13 AM - 4 January, 2007
aloha matt
i opened the download page and proceeded to click on a track but nothing happens in my safari browser until about 20-30 random clicks later which is when i finally get a track to open the black selection menu (the one that shows the clean, instrumental, etc versions). i then try to click on the title to close the black menu and/or try to click on a different track, but still nothing happens. the only thing the black menu lets me access is the preview or download (this, again, is only when i get the black menu to open).

also...when i hover my cursor over the tracks, the default arrow turns into the hand but when i click on a track, it turns back tot the arrow and nothing happens.

i downloaded mozilla firefox last night and using that allowed me to access any track with one click, download, preview, etc.
thanks for your concern
Serato, Support
Matt G 2:28 AM - 4 January, 2007
Quote:
aloha matt
i opened the download page and proceeded to click on a track but nothing happens in my safari browser until about 20-30 random clicks later which is when i finally get a track to open the black selection menu (the one that shows the clean, instrumental, etc versions). i then try to click on the title to close the black menu and/or try to click on a different track, but still nothing happens. the only thing the black menu lets me access is the preview or download (this, again, is only when i get the black menu to open).

Ok, I haven't seen this happen before. Are you using any Safari plugins? Also, what MHz/GHz is your G4?

Quote:
also...when i hover my cursor over the tracks, the default arrow turns into the hand but when i click on a track, it turns back tot the arrow and nothing happens.

Yeah that's a little Safari bug. Unfortunately we just have to wait for Apple to fix that one.
theJhiz 2:53 AM - 4 January, 2007
where do i check for the safari plug-ins?
also:
Machine Name: Power Mac G4
Machine Model: PowerMac3,6
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (2.1)
Number Of CPUs: 2
CPU Speed: 1 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB
Memory: 1.25 GB
Bus Speed: 167 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.4.8f2
Serato, Support
Matt G 4:22 AM - 4 January, 2007
Ok, I just tested here on an 867MHz G4 using Safari 2.0.2 and couldn't reproduce your problem.

Check to see if you're using the latest update of Safari 2 (which is 2.0.2), and have a look in ~/Library/InputManagers (ie off your home folder) and /Library/InputManagers and tell me what folder names you see in those.
theJhiz 6:58 AM - 4 January, 2007
yay-
upated my osx from 10.4 to 10.4.4 and it automatically updated my safari to 2.0.3. now everything works fine in my safari browser and the download page.
guess safari 2.0 isn't comatible with the download page:P
thanks for your help matt!
Serato, Support
Matt G 8:24 AM - 4 January, 2007
Ah, the version of Safari I was testing with was also not actually the latest, but it did work. The latest is actually 2.0.4 (in OS X 10.4.8).

It's always a good idea to get the latest OS X update, as there are often many bugs fixed :)