Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Serato freezing up when I try to play the files

HizTiteness 11:24 AM - 2 January, 2007
Hey, I have version 1.6.3, just installed it, but the files are not playing in Serato for me. I can put it onto the deck, but as soon as a I put the needle on the record and start to cue it up it freezes. Any idea what could be causing this? This happened with both the Ice Box instrumental and the Can't Forget About You instrumental.
Serato, Support
Matt G 6:34 PM - 2 January, 2007
Is it only some tracks and not others? If so, try downloading again the tracks that aren't working.
DJ N-R-G 1:27 AM - 19 January, 2007
Also remember that SSL will freeze for a second the first time a track is played...SSL works on a memory based system, like saving your loops and such.. The first time you play a track, any track, it'll scan the whole thing first before giving you a wav. format on screen...

Play it again on the other deck, and you'll see it loads right up.

Hope this kills some confussion..
dj disturbed 4:47 AM - 19 January, 2007
Quote:
Also remember that SSL will freeze for a second the first time a track is played...SSL works on a memory based system, like saving your loops and such.. The first time you play a track, any track, it'll scan the whole thing first before giving you a wav. format on screen...

Play it again on the other deck, and you'll see it loads right up.

Hope this kills some confussion..

not alwasy... it does when it has to build overveiws.. but the Whitelable tracks come withthere overviews already done.
The Politician 2:15 AM - 25 January, 2007
It could also be your computer. Make sure you have enough ram to run everything on your computer. Also, uninstall everything you are not using on your laptop. Like my mac is just for serato and i have another computer for everything. you wouldnt believe how much crap gets on your pc when its on the internet, or from installing and uninstalling software. As a last resort, I would erase everything on your pc, format the drive and only install serato and anything you need. I did that and my mac never crashed!