Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

The right side fan is loud!

Product
ITCH
Version
-
Hardware
Numark NS7
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Subdriven 2:49 AM - 4 June, 2010
Product: itch
Hardware: numark-ns7
Computer: pc
OS Version: win732
---

SO I got my NS7 about 4 months ago and have heard about the humming fans before and thought that the right fan on mine was normal. The left one is barely audible. Then I compared other NS7's running and Not a single one was near as loud as mine! It is a constant loud hum that comes out the right deck almost as soon as I turn on the unit till I turn off the unit. Is this something I need to contact numark direct on the phone? Or can I get help on this here??
Subdriven 5:49 PM - 5 June, 2010
Bump to the top.. lol.. anyone?
DJ CeCCola 7:32 PM - 6 June, 2010
Sorry, i have no idea. I don't have this problem. doesn't sound good tho. So it's the same noise whether it's plugged into the computer or not? I would definitely get Numark on the phone for this one.
Subdriven 7:39 PM - 6 June, 2010
Yea, it is just out of the right deck, right where the fan vent is. has always been like that, thought it was normal till I compared others, nope.. not normal.. as long as the unit is on it does it.
DJ CeCCola 8:15 PM - 6 June, 2010
hmmm, I haven't had any other ones to compare to but your making me question mine. Maybe I should give it a listen and get back to ya. Has Numark gotten back to you yet about it. I think there's only 1 speed for the fan, it doesn't go up and down like a PC or somethin. So I'm guessin it must be the setting internally or somethin. I don't know man.
Subdriven 1:09 AM - 7 June, 2010
I'm going to call them monday. I heard it is only supposed to go on when it warms up, mine is instant... it's a hum from the right deck, it sounds kinda like a fan running with resistance in the motor or in it's slot crooked.
DJ CeCCola 5:28 AM - 7 June, 2010
Have u been using it in a carrying case without taking it out when ur playing. That could cause a problem like that with the fans and air vents.
Subdriven 5:19 PM - 7 June, 2010
tell youthe truth, my NS7 has never left my house. lol.. I play on other people's equip because it's setup and I still havn't gotten a case. ( scared to bring it anywhere with out). So it is on a old coffin of mine completely open for the fans to cool it as needed. Will be calling numark today at lunch time.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 11:30 PM - 8 June, 2010
Hi Subdriven,

Did you get in touch with Numark ok?
Subdriven 11:50 PM - 8 June, 2010
Yea, talked to them. Don't understand how people can say that numark CS is so bad.. lol.. Talked to the guy, explained my issue, he gave a sugestion to try to fix it and if it doesn't work aready has a repair order set up to send it in for warenty repairs... :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 12:05 AM - 9 June, 2010
Good to hear.
Let us know if you need anymore assistance. :)
k9 intl 1:44 PM - 9 June, 2010
i have same problem
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 9:33 PM - 9 June, 2010
Sorry to hear that k9 intl.
As the fan is purely a hardware thing, it might be best to contact Numark directly and explain the symptoms to them - They should be able to help you out.
Click on this link for their contact info: serato.com

Cheers :)