Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Downloading speed

DJ Vinyl V 6:42 AM - 31 December, 2006
One track takes about 20min to download, what gives?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 11:39 AM - 31 December, 2006
Is anyone else getting slow downloads? The file server has been running at less than 1% of capacity for the last 24 hours.
felixfuchs 11:33 PM - 31 December, 2006
yeah, mine is really slow about 5kb/sec, while normaly my line gets about up to 500...
nik39 5:22 AM - 2 January, 2007
Hm, I get at max about 150kB/s per stream, average maybe 100kB/s. So the only way to fill my line is to dl multiple files at the same time. Obviously you gotta keep in mind I am sitting in Germany, so I didnt expect a full line speed. However, no need to rush for me personally 100kB/s is still okay, as long as I can dl several files concurently.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 5:05 AM - 5 January, 2007
TCP has a fundamental limit on how much data can be "in flight" per connection, which means the higher the latency the lower the throughput. You might be able to get faster downloads if you tweak your "TCP receive window".
Deejay Z 5:12 AM - 5 January, 2007
My speeds are fine, In chicago and gettin anywhere from 100k-200k on Comcast Cable Internet....Usually download a song in a minute and a half....can't complain.....good job guys!!!
nik39 9:46 AM - 5 January, 2007
Thanks Steve, but I think rcv window has already been tweaked. My problem is that I have the feeling that I get higher speeds with other "higher latency" (well...200ms) sites, but this is just a feeling, I have no measures and am too lazy to take some as this is not a real issue for me... as long my dl's dont sink down to 5kB/s ;)