Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

wider range of music...

sines 1:03 PM - 28 December, 2006
Wondering... in NYC there is no shortage of clubs nor DJs that play top 40 / urban / hip hop [and everyone I've met uses Serato typically -- so much that many clubs are preinstalling the Serato boxes, so that we just show up w/ needles and a computer]

Surely some of you and the labels associated w/ Whitelabel.net would release their independent hip hop, nu jazz, broken beat, house, electro, tech house or even techno tracks on here? But there's no evidence of anything other than the most popular of today's commercial hip hop and R&B here. I know that's not all people listen to here [or elsewhere -- ahem, most of Europe?]

Any ideas?

+odd
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 2:30 PM - 28 December, 2006
this is just the start! there will be a much wider range of music soon
Alex XS 3:22 PM - 28 December, 2006
cool.
i'm waiting impatiently ;)
Talrinys 3:39 PM - 28 December, 2006
Would be nice to get in touch with some of the major house labels, that would be very useful for me.
Cause yeah, most of Europe does not listen to hiphop.
Dj Chris H 11:33 PM - 28 December, 2006
would be awesome, right!
Mugi'z 12:59 AM - 29 December, 2006
Quote:
Would be nice to get in touch with some of the major house labels, that would be very useful for me.
Cause yeah, most of Europe does not listen to hiphop.

I beg to differ from Talrinys. I am a DJ in Europe(London-UK) and we do listen to Hip-Hop alot let alone play it. More still i think we have a wider pool 2 choose from from various countries the US being the favourite of course.
However WL.net is gonna be very useful for serato DJs in Europe as we can get new music ASAP and market it prior to it reaching record stores. Well done Serato team.
Lambie 9:54 AM - 29 December, 2006
Hey, how about Serato and White Label hook up with "Masters At Work", "DMC", "Ninjatunes", etc to release exclusive mixes for SSL users? Ok yous are probably looking into that as we speak huh? YAYYYYYYY!

:))