Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

wl.mp3 - Music Editor program or Plug-In

Menace 6:32 AM - 28 December, 2006
One question which is not in the FAQ`s:

Is it possible sometimes in the future that a plug-in (like Lame for Audacity) or an simple music editor program will be provided to us so that we can edit songs and later export it into the full quality wl.mp3 - format?

Sometimes I just like to do some remixes with the material, like making one song out of a Radio Version & the Instrumental version, loops etc. .

BTW, the idea of Whitelabel.Net is really really great. Big thanks to the Serato team and to the record labels which are and will be a part of it.
Talrinys 6:36 AM - 28 December, 2006
Why don't you just cut it up in SSL then?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 9:14 AM - 28 December, 2006
Hi Menace - I can't give you the full answer right now, because we still have a lot of work to do before we can tell if it is going to work or not, but ... the short answer is: You will have a way to do this to Whitelabel.net files, and it won't require an external editor.
DJQUEST 4:01 PM - 28 December, 2006
nice
Talrinys 4:55 PM - 28 December, 2006
Wow, that sounds unbelivably nice :)
qsounds 8:40 PM - 28 December, 2006
Quote:
Hi Menace - I can't give you the full answer right now, because we still have a lot of work to do before we can tell if it is going to work or not, but ... the short answer is: You will have a way to do this to Whitelabel.net files, and it won't require an external editor.

im guessing future whitelabel logins would require your ssl-1 box plugged in used somewhat like a usb key.
qsounds 8:46 PM - 28 December, 2006
that would maybe allow you to download regular quality mp3s..
Talrinys 11:43 PM - 28 December, 2006
I seriously doubt that, espically as they're giving SSL users more freedom to create cues etc. in the near future.
That would seriously hamper this.