Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Afrikaa Bambaataa, Jazzy Jay & Kool Herc

3:09 AM, 12 May 2010
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Dj crazyone 4:48 AM - 12 May, 2010
If it Werent Jazzy Jay Jazzy Jeff Dj Kool ,Red Alert .& Afrika Bammbata alot of the true Dj wouldnt of had the inspiration that these guys gave ,You can metion there name and see that it reminded a person of what it meant to be true to the art .Hip Hop is something youll never forget but everytime youll hear it you Will Learn Something New. My Props To Those Guys because i worked my ass off to get 2 technics and a mixer and let me say my music knowledge has grown so much because of all of them .
selecta princess 6:34 PM - 12 May, 2010
respect 2 da foundation, i hope 2010 there will b a calendar of events as displayed here so i can attend
SpiralSoundsystem 12:52 PM - 13 May, 2010
true legends...
DANNY V 1:49 AM - 14 May, 2010
Mentors to all djs , inspiration to me and to all that spin from the heart.
Because if they were not around doing their thing, I would not be doing what I do today.
Keep Em' Spinnin'
Peace
A.D.Stylez 6:52 PM - 14 May, 2010
Know the HISTORY of the DJ, peoples. These are the God Father's of it ALL. Without them, there is no us. BIG UPS AND RESPECT TO THE GOD FATHERS of this here. peace n 1 love,
DJ A.D.STYLEZ JUST ROCKIN PRODUCTIONS
www.reverbnation.com
Hassle 10:41 AM - 15 May, 2010
what that track with the TROY sample called?
Dj KraZ 11:40 PM - 16 May, 2010
Wow, this was amazing to see the legends! I hope theres another reuniting of the past this year...I think people and some djs forget where their roots come from...
mvgarrett1 4:34 PM - 20 May, 2010
where can i find that breakbeat in the background
DJ-XTC 12:37 AM - 22 May, 2010
"GOD BLESS THE DONZ" !!!! *SALUTE* ......THANK YOU.
Roby-1 4:21 PM - 22 May, 2010
It brought tears to my eyes to see these guys out together doin their thing. These are some of the originators of hip hop. It's because of them, I am as nice as I am today . LOL!!!!! MUCH RESPECT to Afrika Bambaataa, Jazzy Jay & Kool DJ Red Alert.
djspeeddemon 11:39 PM - 23 May, 2010
I remember listening to them when i was 10 back in 1981 with my tape recorder and recording theirs music. I used to listen to K-DAY Radio station and They had some great music on all the time.
DJ I.N.C 3:49 AM - 26 May, 2010
Respect
Dj R.O.B 4:08 AM - 27 May, 2010
"Empire Skating Rink Brooklyn" Chuck chill out and DJ Red Alert going berserk That when I knew I wanted to be on the 1's and 2's.

Would have loved to be there brought back memories.

Pay Homage!!!
since82 1:17 AM - 31 May, 2010
YEA DA ROLLER RINK WAS I INSPIRATION TOO THE DAYS WHEN MIXERS HAD CIRCULAR KNOBS FOR FADERS SMITY SHOWED I A COPY OF TOUR DE FRANCE AND RENEGADES OF FUNK WITH YHE ILL COMIC ON DA FRONT AND RED ALERTS STILL DA PROP MASTA DJ JAZZY JAY ITS YOURS T LA ROCK STILL I FAVORITES WHOLE DIFFERENT VIBE NOW SEN.
DJ BLV 6:30 PM - 4 June, 2010
Red (along with Super Rocking Mr Magic R.I.P.) Revolutionized Hip Hop radio. Wow I remember tuning into his show on Saturday nites just to hear the Promos. Nobody did what he did on the radion and most cats today still cant capture that essence. Respect Red "Es tella Poo Poo"

DJ BLV
dj mack718 11:56 AM - 5 June, 2010
True Legends and Icons in the Hip Hop Culture, that takes me back to the BLS and Kiss days switching radio stations just to hear the latest jams on friday and saturday nights, oh I miss those days. Thanks for that piece of Hip Hop History.
740 BOYZ 3:49 PM - 7 June, 2010
MY MENTORS!!!! NUF SAID!!!!!!

BIG WIN "EL SCIENTIFICO"
MixMasterMagic 8:14 AM - 17 July, 2010
Some of my early mentors...TRUE FACT without these guys who set the trend and pace for us we would not be here..I hope we can also be true legends for generations to come
djicepac 11:53 PM - 15 October, 2010
Quote:
If it Werent Jazzy Jay Jazzy Jeff Dj Kool ,Red Alert .& Afrika Bammbata alot of the true Dj wouldnt of had the inspiration that these guys gave ,You can metion there name and see that it reminded a person of what it meant to be true to the art .Hip Hop is something youll never forget but everytime youll hear it you Will Learn Something New. My Props To Those Guys because i worked my ass off to get 2 technics and a mixer and let me say my music knowledge has grown so much because of all of them .
yep i know these fellaz ,they are truly a gift to the game big up to hush tours the ol school hip hop nyc tour .
djicepac 11:55 PM - 15 October, 2010
bonnie &clyde mixtapes droped summer sizzler,its truly a banga,big up to kool herc red alert,caz,bam,we are greatfull for the love,thanx to white lable for being a part of music