Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Safety on/off switch

SpinThis! 6:35 AM - 19 July, 2004
if you've ever loaded a track onto either deck and forgot that was the deck that is playing, this is what i'm talking about. it's a rare occurence but it's a pain when you do it. per my suggestion, you can load a new track ontp the deck that's stopped (eg the needle is off the record) but won't load on one that's playing. of course this could be a toggle switch... (because it's handy to be able to rifle through tracks and load them up while the needle *is* playing--ie to find a certain mix or whatever).
Serato, Moderator
AJ 7:44 AM - 19 July, 2004
An idea that has been suggested before, and I quite llike it. It is definitely possible and I might say probable.

In the meantime, in those rare occaisons when you kil the playing track, test your reflexes and press the ctrl-z combination for undo. In Scratch LIVE, undo means undo the last load operation, which is specifically designed for the situation you describe.
nik39 9:10 AM - 19 July, 2004
IF that undo worked for deleting tracks out of cases too, that would be great.
BadCompany 2:59 PM - 19 July, 2004
Quote:
An idea that has been suggested before, and I quite llike it. It is definitely possible and I might say probable.

In the meantime, in those rare occaisons when you kil the playing track, test your reflexes and press the ctrl-z combination for undo. In Scratch LIVE, undo means undo the last load operation, which is specifically designed for the situation you describe.

R U serious! ctrl+z is undo?!?!??! omg this is stellar! there has been a few time where i mapped to the wrong deck b/c pressing ctrl (left)/(right) natural than putting on a new record but ctrl+z man thats sweet!
BadCompany 3:00 PM - 19 July, 2004
balh ** is more natural **
SpinThis! 7:24 PM - 19 July, 2004
sweet! i never even thought of hitting command/cntrl-z... nice one. is that even in the manual?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 11:48 PM - 19 July, 2004
Looks like it was missed from the manual. We'll get it updated.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 11:51 PM - 19 July, 2004
No, it's not! It will be in the next one (excuses).

All users please note, the manual is available in Adobe Acrobat format from the Rane website, www.rane.com, and is updated after each release. The changes since the last release are listed in the downloads area, and each is described in more detail in the user manual.
DJ Dynamight 1:12 AM - 20 July, 2004
Quote:
sweet! i never even thought of hitting command/cntrl-z...

Same here! Wow, it feels great to discover something new!!
Serato, Moderator
AJ 5:21 AM - 20 July, 2004
DYNAMIGHT!!!!
dj_ricochet 7:07 AM - 20 July, 2004
well yeah it's all very well to hit ctrl-z and yes it's a good feature if you really stuff something up, but ideally this is a very good feature suggestion. it's not hard to lift the needle off the record to change the track, or to display a confirmation screen if you do try to change the track while the current song is still playing. almost all other dj software has this functionality, and since you're not physically taking the record off it's quite easy to load it to the wrong deck by a slip on the keypress.
Serato, Moderator
AJ 8:26 AM - 20 July, 2004
I agree, see above for my initial answer:

Quote:

I offered the ctrl-z idea as something to do "in the meantime".