Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Anyone use "Save Vid" ?

DJ Tanner1 3:59 PM - 25 March, 2010
After 11 years of Diggin in the Crates looking for records and samples - now with Serato VSL I find myself searching the internet for music videos as well as making videos using Final Cut Pro.

I just came across Savevid.com - www.savevid.com a site like YouTube - except you can download flv files or Mp4 files - I havn't played these files yet - but I found some good files that I have been looking for - like Ugly Duckling I Won't Let It Die and Commodores - Brick House.

Tell me what you think about this website if you find it easy to use with Serato VSL :)

Peace !

DJ Tanner
DJ DisGrace 5:58 PM - 25 March, 2010
I think that website is the demise of the Video DJ profession. These videos will look like pure dogshit on anything lager than your iPod.

Try a subscription service
FunkyRob 7:45 PM - 25 March, 2010
I guess if there was a video clip out there that couldn't get got by any other means.

Watchwww.youtube.com
djnak 9:26 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:

I just came across Savevid.com - www.savevid.com a site like YouTube - except you can download flv files or Mp4 filesr

wow .... are you serious 11 years djing and you havent learnt any lessons yet?
Joshua Carl 9:46 PM - 25 March, 2010
yeah, basically the ability to grab videos off youtube has been around since youtube's inception...

it mirrors the ability to snag 128kbs of the audio for you audio sets.

why would you want that?

on the RARE occasion a label/promotional co WILL put up a 1080 version of something.
best example, the Telephone video was posted on vevo clean & untagged as a 1080i
by the E! networks...

anyone who has been around for more than 7 years had to spend a fair amount on vinyl/even cds... spending 1/8th that on subscriptions is nuthin, and u KNOW your getting quality product from these services.
why bother with that.
DJ Tanner1 8:26 PM - 26 March, 2010
True I hear what you are saying - those that had something positive to contribute to this simple question. I have yet to use the Save Vids - I understand the quality of the YouTube Videos are dank - the quality of the videos that I got from Save Vid are ok. I am not mixing the radio top 40 / hip POP / dance / - so I don't feel the need to pay monthly fees for the quality services.

As I mentioned I have been djing using video for under a year and I just had a simple question - thank you for those that replied - Hope all is well !

Peace
popnwave 2:55 PM - 23 June, 2017
Quote:
[post removed]

SPAM