DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Native Instruments Maschine Into Scratch Live. Is it possible?

djogb 1:30 AM - 13 March, 2010
Just ordered SL3 and was wondering if there's a way to route the NI Maschine into any of the virtual decks? Any good advise will be appreciated
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:18 AM - 13 March, 2010
well looks like a midi controller so will work fine with ssl
djogb 1:31 PM - 13 March, 2010
Currently work fine as a controller and does it fine but want to use it's powerful sounds to "mess" with my mixes and sets
DjWoody 1:51 PM - 13 March, 2010
djogb 2:41 PM - 13 March, 2010
Thanks DjWoody.
Yes I want to do the 2nd and the 3rd options. But looks like we have to wait for the bridge SL V2.1
DjWoody 5:14 PM - 13 March, 2010
#1 is real Maschine integration very similar to the Bridge. However, on vids #2 & #3 all he's doing is triggering cues and using.Maschine as a midi controller. You can already do that in Serato with any MPC type of controller like this one. www.akaipro.com.
DJ Knappstar 2:52 AM - 7 November, 2010
ok so how do we do this those links to traktor dont help i want to use maschine's full capabilites within serato!!!! how is this possible??
Anu 2:09 PM - 7 November, 2010
If you have an SL3, live feed Maschine into deck 3.
s3kn0tr0n1c 4:17 PM - 7 November, 2010
The only way now would be via the bridge.
As maschine can be used as a VST just do that in ableton when it is running in bridge mode
DJ Knappstar 6:47 PM - 7 November, 2010
@Anu have you done this before??? and yeah the bridge meaning another 600 bones for ableton hmmm.... anyone got a code so i could have it for free.....?
Dj Intel Army 6:56 PM - 7 November, 2010
Quote:
@Anu have you done this before??? and yeah the bridge meaning another 600 bones for ableton hmmm.... anyone got a code so i could have it for free.....?

c'mon son.
DJ Knappstar 7:00 PM - 7 November, 2010
LOL does anyone actually do this and if so how do they like it ??? i was sort of doing it yesterday and found it to be pretty awesome mixing out of a song with maschine and then mxixing into it with my other deck!!!!
Anu 9:47 PM - 7 November, 2010
Quote:
@Anu have you done this before???
Anu 9:49 PM - 7 November, 2010
Sorry hit post ..Yes but with my ASR 10
DJ Knappstar 9:53 PM - 7 November, 2010
ya im slowly figuring it out thanks for the help
Turn Table Tennis 2:51 PM - 16 December, 2010
Did you figure it out yet Knappstar? I'm currently in the process of mapping the Maschine into SL. With all the different group pages it should be pretty fun to use. It'll be nice to have one controller that does both SL and Ableton and maybe even do some "on the fly" stuff with the Maschine software.
Dj.Mojo 9:12 AM - 27 January, 2011
I am currently thinking of buying machine.
Would you guys do it again? Are you still using it?
Right now I am using Live + mpk25 + lpd8.
Dj.Mojo 9:14 AM - 27 January, 2011
And I am also curious if if I had to pay for the 2.0 software update. Do you guys know if it is free?
DJ Quartz 12:49 PM - 27 January, 2011
This is something I'm going to be looking into for the near future since I am already using Maschine and theorized about The Bridge being able to play beats through a live input, etc, etc.
DVDjHardy 3:46 PM - 27 January, 2011
Quote:
It'll be nice to have one controller that does both SL and Ableton and maybe even do some "on the fly" stuff with the Maschine software.

You can't do both: Use Maschine with it's own software AND controller another program like Serato or Ableton with it as a controller. It has to be one or the other.

My current set-up is this:

2x 1200s or DVJs or CDJs running into DJM 800 through SL3
Bridge being controlled wirelessly using an iPad
Maschine running as a VST in Ableton and being controlled by it's native hardware

If you're just triggering samples and using it like a drum machine (no loops), then you can just run it without the Bridge. But if you want to use a midi clock to keep it all sync, you need to run Maschine into Ableton (which goes into ScratchLIve via The Bridge) in order to keep the loops in sync.
Turn Table Tennis 4:22 PM - 27 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

It'll be nice to have one controller that does both SL and Ableton and maybe even do some "on the fly" stuff with the Maschine software.

You can't do both: Use Maschine with it's own software AND controller another program like Serato or Ableton with it as a controller. It has to be one or the other.

My current set-up is this:

2x 1200s or DVJs or CDJs running into DJM 800 through SL3
Bridge being controlled wirelessly using an iPad
Maschine running as a VST in Ableton and being controlled by it's native hardware

If you're just triggering samples and using it like a drum machine (no loops), then you can just run it without the Bridge. But if you want to use a midi clock to keep it all sync, you need to run Maschine into Ableton (which goes into ScratchLIve via The Bridge) in order to keep the loops in sync.

Really?? Cuz I have.
DVDjHardy 4:30 PM - 27 January, 2011
Simultaneously? If so, I'd love to know how you set it up.
Dj Sub.Stance 8:01 PM - 30 January, 2011
can't you just press shift control to switch back and forth?
AdamWhite 1:44 AM - 20 December, 2011
Did this ever get resolved?
Anu 1:57 AM - 20 December, 2011
Dj.Mojo 11:18 AM - 20 December, 2011
Within Ableton I can switch back and forth between midi mode and maschine mode.
DJTILT 11:17 PM - 4 February, 2014
so is there any new way of running Maschine with Serato without using the bridge? like running it through DJM 800 Midi out?
s3kn0tr0n1c 10:11 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
so is there any new way of running Maschine with Serato without using the bridge? like running it through DJM 800 Midi out?

Worth a try with SDJ (and 64/62)now that its using ASIO drivers.

Or you could just run separately and feed in the line out from pc into your mixer. This wouldnt give midi tho....worth a shot
ral 4:17 PM - 11 February, 2014
Syncing Serato DJ and Maschine through the Rane 64 (Zach)

Watchwww.youtube.com
mpdjs 2:01 AM - 12 September, 2014
How do I sync serato scratch live or serato DJ with the rane 68 and maschine mk2
eugguy 8:37 AM - 12 September, 2014
If you believe in yourself, anything is possible.