Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Numark NS7 Windows 7 64-bit driver available as BETA

Numark
Chris Roman 10:36 PM - 4 February, 2010
We've been internally testing driver 2.9.9 for several days with positive results. We are looking for Windows 7 and Vista 64-bit machine operators to try this driver out.

You can find the driver under support here: www.numark.com

This is completely new build for Windows 7
spazz 10:57 PM - 4 February, 2010
Thanks.. I'll give it a shot.
RiddimE 3:08 AM - 5 February, 2010
Thanks..!
KLH 6:57 AM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:

Is there a compelling technical reason to RUN in an x64bit environment? Does ITCH increase performance with the additional memory available?

-KLH
marcA 8:01 AM - 5 February, 2010
i'll load it and try
any release note on what should be different/fixed?
czar 8:05 AM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:
i'll load it and try
any release note on what should be different/fixed?

+1 =)
Numark, Support
sbangs 9:06 PM - 5 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Is there a compelling technical reason to RUN in an x64bit environment? Does ITCH increase performance with the additional memory available?

-KLH

Most new computers are coming this, 32 bit seems to be dead. With a i7 64 bit processor we have seen in house that a laptop can scan 8 or more tracks simultaneously which is quite a sight!
:+:Basic:+: 10:52 PM - 5 February, 2010
this driver seems to work well,
i use it in combination with vjd, and i was hoping that the cpu load was less than with 293. most of the time it is, but every now and again the cpu meter jumps to almost 100%. this also happend with 293.
the install of this driver went well, sometimes with the 293 i got the 000x06 (or something) error. but it didn't happen with 299 (yet).
vdj did crash when i changed from 45 rpm to 33rpm mid song. but i don't know if this was coincidental. i was not able te reproduce this crash again.
it seems pretty ok.

windows 7 unlimited
9550 quad core
8gb ram
120gb ssd vertex turbo
asus p5qe p45
Numark
Chris Roman 12:00 AM - 6 February, 2010
During our testing with Itch, this driver, and the i7 machine, the cpu barely moved. Was positively amazing.
KLH 7:30 AM - 6 February, 2010
Quote:
With a i7 64 bit processor we have seen in house that a laptop can scan 8 or more tracks simultaneously which is quite a sight!

Quote:
During our testing with Itch, this driver, and the i7 machine, the cpu barely moved. Was positively amazing.

I don't believe you. I think that you'll have to (*ahem*) send me an i7 laptop for uhhhh... confirmation. Yeah, confirmation. My address is...

-KLH
:+:Basic:+: 8:09 AM - 6 February, 2010
that could very well be,
a i7 is ofcourse more powerful so less cpu activity is expected.
but again i use vdj. so maybe it handles the ns7 differently
JMM773 4:50 PM - 6 February, 2010
driver works - tried it yesterday at guitar center worked well, but I didn't have everything shut off in the background...

also, with respect to the i7, would you still need everything to be turned off?
zaguama 5:34 PM - 6 February, 2010
turning off unncessary devices has nothing to do with the CPU speed, its just a pure recommendation to avoid IRQ conflicts and other stuff running in the background that may interfere with the audio tasks.
czar 7:30 PM - 6 February, 2010
Quote:
turning off unncessary devices has nothing to do with the CPU speed, its just a pure recommendation to avoid IRQ conflicts and other stuff running in the background that may interfere with the audio tasks.

YES!
B-Blanco 10:08 PM - 6 February, 2010
I just upgraded to Win 7 last night. Downloaded the new 64 bit drivers. Clicked uninstall and got the blue screen.. trying to install again right now. Seems to be going well.
JMM773 2:20 AM - 7 February, 2010
tested it at guitar center again today, my cpu (64 bit windows 7, 4 gig ram, intel core 2 duo) was almost at a maximum, but an older dell d630 with xp (that i borrowed) worked great with cpu only at 50%- this seems very risky to buy if the cpu is that high... is this normal? y would xp work so much better on a 32 bit system?
spamking98 10:59 AM - 7 February, 2010
HI ive been using this new beta driver for windows 7 64 bit, and I just wanted to say that it works, I tested it for several hours scratching, mixing, sampling and recording, but I did notice that my cpu did peak almost 100% at times but then drops back down to maybe 10%. This driver is definitely better than the previous one, which gave me blue screens and tons of dropouts.

Well here are the Specs of my computer if anyone wants to know:
-Lenovo Y650
-Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 ghz
-4gb Ram
-nvidia 105m video card
-Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS
-Using Itch 1.1
-Using 2.9.9 NS7 Driver/firmware that it came with in the folder
-Under Performance I set it to "Adjust for Best Performance"
-Turned off bluetooth/wifi
DJ Shatta! 12:10 AM - 9 February, 2010
I uninstalled the previous driver (Version 2.9.3) and installed v2.9.9 according to the instructions. I still get fluxuations in processor use that redline when the platters are spinning. BUT the processor use is low, about 20% when the platters are not spinning with music playing. As stated before, everything but windows essentials are disabled or uninstalled. ALSO, ITCH lock up on me twice during a gig last night. It never did that before v2.9.9. My PC expert friend is puzzled by this as well. Running the platters causes the processor to peak at 99% down to 60% then back up again.

Gateway Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz T6400
4 Gig Memory
Vista 64 bit
spamking98 1:20 AM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
I uninstalled the previous driver (Version 2.9.3) and installed v2.9.9 according to the instructions. I still get fluxuations in processor use that redline when the platters are spinning. BUT the processor use is low, about 20% when the platters are not spinning with music playing. As stated before, everything but windows essentials are disabled or uninstalled. ALSO, ITCH lock up on me twice during a gig last night. It never did that before v2.9.9. My PC expert friend is puzzled by this as well. Running the platters causes the processor to peak at 99% down to 60% then back up again.

Gateway Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz T6400
4 Gig Memory
Vista 64 bit

hey dj shatta, Their is an alternative to using windows other than buying a mac as well, ive tried this but the only problem i get is that itch doesnt remember my crates next time i turn it on.. try googling for macosx86 and see if that works for you.. like i said it works great, pretty solid, no dropouts....
DJ FIVE50 2:36 AM - 9 February, 2010
Hey everyone. I just bought a new Sony Vaio, 4GB memory, i3 processor, 500gb hard drive, and windows 7 64-bit. I used it at a bar after only testing it for a couple of hours before hand, probably dumb, but anyways I am having these problems...
1. Twice now a song had just disappeared off the deck during the middle of the song while it was playing?
2. Also twice, itch has stopped working and both times it has froze playing a loop of the playing song, and volume controls wont work, i had to unplug from the system.

- Also the cpu meter fluctuates quite a lot and the midi indicator also comes and goes quite often. I'm just looking for your insights as to whether this is a driver problem, usb port problem etc... thanks alot!
:+:Basic:+: 8:15 PM - 10 February, 2010
i think i need some professional help :)...
no really, it's a long story, i'm sorry for that but here it is.
i uninstalled the 293 driver on my second system, after a reboot i tried to install 299.
at this point itch is not installed (i don't use it). halfway through the installation, i get a balloon saying installing 293 driver. after that i get the error 0x0006 or something and the install stops.
in the device manager i have 2 relevant devices,ns7 midi and numark audio device.
at the properties they are both 293.
when i load virtual dj, the welcome screen hangs at connecting to external device.
i uninstalled the driver again and removed all parts of the driver from c:\windows\system32\drivers and also from c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository. there were some system files there but after taking ownership i managed tot delete them.
after that i ran ccleaner.
when i used the search option, there was no trace of any ns7 driver left.
i restarted my pc and tried to install itch 1.5 rc2, because i know the drivers are installed correctly.
there were no errors or messages after install,
i now have 2 devices in my device manager, one is the ns7 midi which has the 293 driver again,( this can be explained because rc2 still has the 293 driver in it) the other is numark usb audio, but it has an exclamation mark. manually adding the driver will result in "windows could not find drivers blah blah blah" message. yes i pointed out the right folder.
needless to say, it doesn't work anymore.
uninstalling everything and then installing the 299 driver will result in a 0x0006 message. same with 293.

please help
czar 8:41 PM - 10 February, 2010
open a help thread
:+:Basic:+: 8:45 PM - 10 February, 2010
i will
five-o 6:51 PM - 11 February, 2010
I installed ITCH on my 64 bit VAIO computer and it just failed. It have to remove the usb in and out in order for NS7 to recognize the program, and when it did it would work for 10 to 20 seconds and it will will freeze... FYI I installed the 2.9.9_beta version... I'm glad that I have a Macbook PRO that is working flawlessly... < but I would like to use my VAIO as a back up just in case... Please let us know if u guys have an update very soon THANKS!!!

P.S. I also installed my Serato Scratch Live> the most recent version... using SL1 box... I would experience USB drop outs a LOT... need help on fixing this problem also:(

My VAIO computer specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Processor: Intel(R) Core 2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40 Ghz
Installed memory RAM:4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit OS
czar 7:03 PM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:
open a help thread
spamking98 11:49 PM - 12 February, 2010
Ok, the record feature doesnt work correctly in itch, just found that out today.. everything else is fine... since using this new driver, I was using itch 1.1 and I tried to record something and when i played it back it wasnt right...so tried it with 1.5 beta 3 itch and it was the same thing... So hopefully numark can fix this issue ..its the only issue i have with this new driver... I even tried different settings for the recording like changed it to record wave instead of aif but still the same...:(
Sin-Diesel 3:28 PM - 14 February, 2010
Option #1

Brand new Laptop (purchased 2/13/2010)
Intel Processor
Windows 7 64bit
Disabled all unneccessary software
Installed new firmware and Beta 2.9.9
Fail

or

Option #2

Old 2006 "Gateway laptop"
Broken CD-Rom
Broken Hindge
1 GHz Processor (Way below min specs)
Windows XP
1 maybe 2 freezes since July
Works perfect a 1 USB latency

WTF!!! Does this make since? At $1400 a pop for products can we gat at least one engineer to put out some working drivers for computers that are new?
Numark, Support
sbangs 3:29 PM - 14 February, 2010
Hello, its possible there is something which is interfering on that new PC like a buss issue or a IRQ conflict. Can you tell me a bit more about your new PC? Ie processor and Ram?
Sin-Diesel 6:32 PM - 14 February, 2010
Intel Celeron CPU 900 @2.20 GHz 2.19GHz
Ram 2.00GB
64 Bit
Windows 7 Home Premium
3 USB 2.0 ports
------------------------------
Latest Itch Update download yesterday from Serato
Beta 2.9.9 Driver installation per instructions
NS7 firmware v1.03
Serato
dave 11:24 PM - 18 February, 2010
Hi everyone, thanks for your help testing these drivers.

We have made a public beta area to discuss these drivers: serato.com

Let's continue talking over there.
11:24 PM, 18 Feb 2010
Discussion locked by dave