DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Version 2.0

DJ Smooth Luv 5:06 PM - 26 January, 2010
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.9.2
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: pc
OS Version: vistasp1
---

Can I upgrade to 2.0 with the SL1?
djtitoluv 5:14 PM - 26 January, 2010
or with ttm57sl ?
DJ Smooth Luv 5:19 PM - 26 January, 2010
How do I upgrade with the SL1?
Rane, Support
RafaelM 7:25 PM - 26 January, 2010
Yes, You will be able to upgrade to 2.0 regardless of what interface you may have.

2.0 will be released in Public BETA sometime this week if everything goes well.
DJ Smooth Luv 8:13 PM - 26 January, 2010
ok thanks
Knips 8:27 PM - 26 January, 2010
Is there a sign up for the beta or just a public download for everyone?
Rane, Support
RafaelM 9:50 PM - 26 January, 2010
Naw theres the Public download only.
RAYMIXX 2:53 AM - 27 January, 2010
Is 2.0 going to be update for windows 7 users??
john_b_china 12:19 PM - 27 January, 2010
where i can DL 2.0 beta? im from china... any link to share..e mail me at johnbalu@yahoo.com
Rane, Support
RafaelM 4:49 PM - 27 January, 2010
RAYMIX - Everything seems to be working well with WIN 7 already - but I am not sure when we are going to consider it fully supported.

john_b_china: 2.0 is not yet available for the public.
Primoswift 4:13 PM - 28 January, 2010
Will the effects work with the SL 1? If so, will they be midi assignable since the faders can't start the echoes and filters and things of that nature without owning the 57?
Rane, Support
RafaelM 4:16 PM - 28 January, 2010
Yes the effects will work with all interfaces - yes virtually everything in ScratchLIVE in Midi mappable.
DAIS 11:42 PM - 28 January, 2010
Will it be possible to apply the effects to normal vinyl or CD's in THRU Mode if you were using them in your set along with mp3's or will you still need an external effects unit?
Rane, Support
RafaelM 12:08 AM - 29 January, 2010
You can only apply the 2.0 effects to the audio files you play thru the ScratchLIVE program
12:09 AM, 29 Jan 2010
Discussion moved to DJing Discussion
DJMattHowes 12:38 AM - 1 February, 2010
Am i right in saying i have to upgrade to SL3 in order to use 3 or 4 decks?
Dj No Name 12:50 AM - 1 February, 2010
sl3 will give you 3 decks you need the 68 for 4
Dj Farhan 2:06 AM - 1 February, 2010
guys, i had a quick question, i am new to serato, just got hold of the sl3, i was gonna dl the 1.9.2 and install it with my sl3.

i have a gig coming up in a lil over a week and the club has sl1, and they insist on me using the sl1.

my question is that will my laptop recognize the sl1 when it is connected (since i am connecting sl3 during the installation and not a sl1)?

and also there are no major connection differences between the 2 right?

Thanks a lot, i appreciate the help.
JayB1200 2:09 AM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
guys, i had a quick question, i am new to serato, just got hold of the sl3, i was gonna dl the 1.9.2 and install it with my sl3.

i have a gig coming up in a lil over a week and the club has sl1, and they insist on me using the sl1.

my question is that will my laptop recognize the sl1 when it is connected (since i am connecting sl3 during the installation and not a sl1)?

and also there are no major connection differences between the 2 right?

Thanks a lot, i appreciate the help.

Just Make Sure You Install The Drivers For The SL1 Before The Show And U Should Be Good To Go.....
Z0nkers 2:36 AM - 1 February, 2010
why would they insist you use the sl1? the only benefit is the thru ports.....other than thatthe SL3 is less buggy and sounds a million times better
Dj Farhan 2:38 AM - 1 February, 2010
cuz they have an sl1 right now and they r being douchy of bringing any other equipment besides my laptop, external hard drive, needles, slipmats and tcvs,

they wont even let me use my sl3 their, such shitheads

where do i find the drivers here? i dont see them under the downloads section. thankls
Z0nkers 3:49 AM - 1 February, 2010
uhg. i hate managers/owners like that, i just tell them in advance now that if im working, im bringing my own gear. if they don't like it, i don't do the gig, lol. no one has ever cancelled a gig on me cause i stood my ground. usually its the managers who dont book acts outside of local residents that complain...cause they dont understand and think you'll screw something up by switch gear around

maybe im wrong, but doesnt the driver auto install when you plug in the SL1?
djtate 4:00 AM - 1 February, 2010
yea just walk with the set up file when u plug in the sl1, reinstall sl and it will show up.
Dj Farhan 5:13 AM - 1 February, 2010
oh k, so when i plug the sl1 at the club it will automatically start the re installation?
Z0nkers 6:08 AM - 1 February, 2010
i dont have both here to try it out...but you *may* have to reinstall SL1.9.2 again with the SL1 plugged in.

assuming it's the same across operating systems, i'm running windows 7 but using the vista 64 drivers. when i goto c: program files (x86)/serato/drivers/vista64 ...it contains folders for the ttm57, mp4, SL1 and SL3.

so i think im good to go on any other those products & so should you if you've already installed the latest version of SL and the SL3. worst case...just plug in the SL1 and reinstall scratch live 1.9.2 again
DJMaytag 6:14 AM - 1 February, 2010
i have those same folders with all the drivers listed, SL-1, SL-3, MP-4, TTM-57. I use the SL-1.
Black Rabbit 6:42 AM - 1 February, 2010
does anyone kno if you can use the new "Mixtape" function in the 2.0 update with a TTM 56 and the SL1, or do you need a SL3 or a TTM57?
Dj Farhan 6:58 AM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
i dont have both here to try it out...but you *may* have to reinstall SL1.9.2 again with the SL1 plugged in.

thanks for the advice man, just curious, if i reinstall ssl, will all the cues and bpms and library info be saved when i reinstall?
djtate 7:14 AM - 1 February, 2010
YEA EVERYthing will be the same. nothing will change.
Z0nkers 7:16 AM - 1 February, 2010
before you ever upgrade to a diff version or reinstall or anything, you should always backup your crates so you dont loose that info.

look for the _ScratchLIVE_ folder and rename it to" _ScratchLIVE_ (backup)" ...or somethign like that. then do your reinstalls.

you should be fine, but its always smart to backup. i have a copy of that on my computer HD and well as 3 external HDs.

i think though dude, you should be fine to just plug SL1 in and start playing like normal withut any worries
Marx&Villain 8:25 AM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
does anyone kno if you can use the new "Mixtape" function in the 2.0 update with a TTM 56 and the SL1, or do you need a SL3 or a TTM57?

if by mixtape you mean Serato Live Playlists, then any of the interfaces will do fine
Marx&Villain 8:25 AM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

if by mixtape you mean Serato Live Playlists, then any of the interfaces will do fine

it acts as a plug in i beleive
DjRespin 8:27 AM - 1 February, 2010
^Im pretty sure you can use any of the serato interfaces for the "mixtape" function. But you have to own ableton as well.
Dj.Mojo 10:42 AM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:

2.0 will be released in Public BETA sometime this week if everything goes well.

Something went wrong. Damn it!
Dj Farhan 12:52 AM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
YEA EVERYthing will be the same. nothing will change.
thanks!

Quote:
before you ever upgrade to a diff version or reinstall or anything, you should always backup your crates so you dont loose that info.

look for the _ScratchLIVE_ folder and rename it to" _ScratchLIVE_ (backup)" ...or somethign like that. then do your reinstalls.

you should be fine, but its always smart to backup. i have a copy of that on my computer HD and well as 3 external HDs.

i think though dude, you should be fine to just plug SL1 in and start playing like normal withut any worries

will do, thanks a lot brutha...