DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

WHICH LAPTOP???

DJ BLEND 6:04 PM - 14 January, 2005
I have sworn to myself and otehrs that I will never ever become a CD or digital DJ. Well, I guess you can call me a liar now. I was at my boys house last night and was completely blown away by Serato. I mean, I've been following this product for a while and reading up on it but I had NO idea. When I started playing with this I almost lost it!! I can't remember the last time I got that excited over technology. Anyway, so I'm about to get it for myself, but I only have a PC desktop. Has anyone seen a difference between a PC and MAC laptop with this program?? I need to get one ASAP!
theBrooke 6:11 PM - 14 January, 2005
There are multiple topics on this, just use the search function at the top of the page... As far as I know both pc and mac work beautifully with this program, it boils down to personal prefrence and how much money you have to spend.

;) Brooke
SpinThis! 6:19 PM - 14 January, 2005
well said Brooke. any mac or windows laptop manufactured right now has the horsepower to run ssl just fine. i use both mac and windows myself; for value, you can't beat a windows machine--they're fast, cheap and get the job done. if you need to run mac programs or prefer the way the mac gets it done, get a macintosh.

check this forum's laptop thread, do some google searches, and decide for yourself. i hope this doesn't come off as a cop-out but usually these types of posts turn into a mac vs windows war in no time.
DJ AM 2:46 PM - 15 January, 2005
DJ Blend... Word up and welcome homie. I said the SAME ish for years.. Even dissed the CDJ 1000. Serato is BANANAS right? These cats got it RIGHT!
peace
www.dj-am.com