DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

How to TOTALLY uninstall ssl

DJ AM 8:45 AM - 13 January, 2005
Hey,

I am using FS2 right now and I'm NOT happy.. Everyone I talk to says Serato is the deal so here I am. But I downloaded the software just to peep it out and imported my whole iTunes lib (which CRASHED when done with FS) but I decided I want to REDO my iTunes and clean it up (get rid of stuff I will never play, fix BPMs and genres) so now I want to TOTALLY uninstall Serato and start over BUT I am NOT really a Mac guy... I just bought a G4 to use for digital DJing. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks...
DJ AM
www.dj-am.com
bartaug 9:42 AM - 13 January, 2005
Quote:
I am using FS2 right now and I'm NOT happy

Start using SSL and you will be happy!

Why do you want to totally uninstall SSL? If you want to get rid of the library simply select it with CTRL-A and press DEL (with 'allow file removal' in setup page checked).
DJ White Lightning 11:48 AM - 13 January, 2005
Yow, Whats up AM good to see you joined the SSL comminuty. Hit me up and I will be glad to check out your set up and help you get going.

I dont see you at Dragonfly on Sats no more (for a while now) - you not working for Wes lately?

anyways here is my number #323-788-4653.

Peace.
SpinThis! 5:41 PM - 13 January, 2005
if you want to get rid of everything....

/Applications/Scratch Live - the application itself
~/Library/Preferences/com.serato.scratchlive.plist - program preferences
~/Music/ScratchLIVE - holds crate information
/System/Library/Extensions/SeratoScratchDriver.kext - the hardware driver
/Library/Receipts/Scratch LIVE App.pkg - installer receipt
/Library/Receipts/Scratch LIVE Driver.pkg - driver install receipt

and if you have multiple hard drives:
/Volumes/harddrive/.ScratchLIVE - crates on other drives besides the boot drive

~ means your home folder. also note that on folders other than your system startup drive, these folders are invisible. however you can still locate them by using the finder's goto folder command -- cmd-shift-g.

btw: WL - prob should have pm'ed your number to him... i'm betting there's going to be plenty of pranksters hitting your phone shortly. ;)
Serato
Josh 8:03 PM - 13 January, 2005
Quote:
Everyone I talk to says Serato is the deal

I love these quotes, they just keep coming.
Revolutionary 8:32 PM - 13 January, 2005
Maybe you should archive those and put it in a new thread somewhere ;)
DJ AM 2:17 PM - 15 January, 2005
WORD UP! Thank you all for the break down.. I figured it out though and man.. I could NOT be happier with this program. Its BONKERS! But, is there NOT a master pitch lock for Serato? Not that i really NEED it but it DOES come in kind of handy... White Lightening.. I WILL HIT YOU UP HOMIE!

www.dj-am.com
DJ White Lightning 2:04 AM - 19 May, 2005
Quote:
btw: WL - prob should have pm'ed your number to him... i'm betting there's going to be plenty of pranksters hitting your phone shortly. ;)

Good looking, but it did'nt happen.

And thanks for the uninstall breakdown
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 10:20 PM - 1 September, 2009
Quote:
Hey,

I am using FS2 right now and I'm NOT happy.. Everyone I talk to says Serato is the deal so here I am. But I downloaded the software just to peep it out and imported my whole iTunes lib (which CRASHED when done with FS) but I decided I want to REDO my iTunes and clean it up (get rid of stuff I will never play, fix BPMs and genres) so now I want to TOTALLY uninstall Serato and start over BUT I am NOT really a Mac guy... I just bought a G4 to use for digital DJing. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks...
DJ AM
www.dj-am.com

rest in peace Homie
Turn Table Tennis 10:22 PM - 1 September, 2009
we should sticky this.
Maskrider 11:00 PM - 1 September, 2009
Wow I thought he was back from the dead.
sixxx 11:01 PM - 1 September, 2009
Quote:
we should sticky this.

Seriously? Let the man rest in peace.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:51 PM - 1 September, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
we should sticky this.

your just mad they found a thread from 05 that you didn't post in lol
Gor 11:57 PM - 1 September, 2009
haha oh snap.
fvickers9 12:05 AM - 2 September, 2009
Man, anybody can say what they want to, but that dude is a class act, and I stand by those words. He may have had a breakdown in judgement, which caused his death, but we all have. The only difference is he's gone because of his bad judgement and decisions. My prayers go out to his friends and family....
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:08 AM - 2 September, 2009
Quote:
. He may have had a breakdown in judgement, which caused his death, but we all have. ....

We've all caused his death or our death.... I don't think either applies to anyone posting here lol
FunkyRob 12:09 AM - 2 September, 2009
After seeing this, I thought "Wow, he was a part of this forum"

So I started a search on him here. He hadn't posted since Jan 09, but the early posts of him were quite humble.

He replied to someone's review about a show performance he did thanking them

Also on another one, he said how lucky he was.

Dude had skills and I have this urge to practice more now because of him.
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:15 AM - 2 September, 2009
I've been reading through his old posts today and what's kinda sad is he didn't pop in to often but when he dud there was usually a really negative circumstance to it and would pop in after like 1000 posts dissin him, be humble drop knowledge and be cool as a polar bears toenails and completley flip the thread with 1 well written post
sixxx 12:32 AM - 2 September, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
we should sticky this.

your just mad they found a thread from 05 that you didn't post in lol

I'm on here before I posted under the name sixxx.
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:38 AM - 2 September, 2009
Lol
fvickers9 1:03 AM - 3 September, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
. He may have had a breakdown in judgement, which caused his death, but we all have. ....

We've all caused his death or our death.... I don't think either applies to anyone posting here lol

What Im saying is we've all used bad judgement, and AMs bad judgement unfortunately led to his death....
DDJ JAMeS 9:57 AM - 5 December, 2011
Would be nice if they ever decided to include an uninstaller. Heck, most software used to create installers offer the option of creating the uninstall at the same time.

Hate to say it, Tried it, Don't much like it. Going back to Virtual DJ.
DJ Alkemy 12:15 PM - 5 December, 2011
Quote:

LOL
BenErickson 6:30 AM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:

Oxford Dictionary defines "VIRTUAL" as:

"almost or nearly as described, but not completely or according to strict definition"

ie. the virtual absence of any DJ ability whatsoever.
HandsomeRobDJ 10:26 PM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Oxford Dictionary defines "VIRTUAL" as:

"almost or nearly as described, but not completely or according to strict definition"

ie. the virtual absence of any DJ ability whatsoever.

+1
Loufka 7:39 PM - 5 May, 2016
Bonjour,
J'ai un problème avec mon serato scratch live SL3. Je suis sur mac, j'ai changé de system (El captain) et il y des microcoupure dans le son. Ca ne viens pas des cellules ni des vinyls car j'ai mis les même sons en même temps sur les deux platines et le son saute en même temps au même moment sur les deux platines. j'ai essayé la dernière version et la version 1.8 pour voir, idem. Est-ce au niveaux des réglages ou au niveau du mac! Auriez vous des options à me proposer? J'ai 40Go de libre et une mémoire de 8Go, processeur 2,4Ghz, est-ce suffisant?
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:16 PM - 5 May, 2016
Quote:
Bonjour,
J'ai un problème avec mon serato scratch live SL3. Je suis sur mac, j'ai changé de system (El captain) et il y des microcoupure dans le son. Ca ne viens pas des cellules ni des vinyls car j'ai mis les même sons en même temps sur les deux platines et le son saute en même temps au même moment sur les deux platines. j'ai essayé la dernière version et la version 1.8 pour voir, idem. Est-ce au niveaux des réglages ou au niveau du mac! Auriez vous des options à me proposer? J'ai 40Go de libre et une mémoire de 8Go, processeur 2,4Ghz, est-ce suffisant?

Ayyyyee
popnwave 11:30 PM - 5 May, 2016
Quote:

Ayyyyee

What a random old post for that guy to bring back from the grave. Does the ghost of AM walk among us?
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:58 AM - 6 May, 2016
well at least that "AS I AM" documentary is releasing this month apparently, about fucking time, was beginning to think it was never gonna release
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:17 AM - 6 May, 2016
Damn. I wonder if DJ AM ever (or how long it took to) realized it was originally Final Scratch that fucked everything up and not Serato. I was a Final Scratch user and it wrote weird tags in the comment fields, betcha AM thought Searto was doing that shit??
pdidy 4:00 AM - 6 May, 2016
quelle année est votre Mac ?
Loufka 3:09 PM - 9 May, 2016
C'est un macbook genre 2009! J'ai mis le serato DJ, ça me fait pareil!je vais peut-être reverifier toute ma connectique!
pdidy 3:46 PM - 9 May, 2016
El capitaine est le problème , revenir à yosimite .
DJMark 9:14 PM - 10 May, 2016
Quote:
Damn. I wonder if DJ AM ever (or how long it took to) realized it was originally Final Scratch that fucked everything up and not Serato. I was a Final Scratch user and it wrote weird tags in the comment fields, betcha AM thought Searto was doing that shit??

I had the same exact thing with FS/Traktor, in fact to this day over 10 years later I still have a playlist of files from that era titled "Fucked by Traktor" (most of which I've actually fixed by now).