DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

House Classics from the Late 90's

ditc 3:11 PM - 19 September, 2006
I need to put together some cd's for some promoters that consist of some vocal/commercial house classics / house remixes of popular tracks from the 1996-2000 era. I'm not too up on that specific genre or that time period as far as commercial house goes. Anyone that could help or provide some sort of list to get me going would be greatly appreciated. I searched some of the other discussions on here and already got some good stuff but need more and more fine-tuned to those years.

Also, the promoters are also looking for some current disco/funky house and some Miami House with deep vocals or Euro House with deep vocals, but not the real sing-songy bubblegum stuff that's on the radio. Sorry if this is confusing, but I need to hip myself on this stuff ASAP. If anyone can help, or lead me in the right direction, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks.
djransom 4:21 PM - 19 September, 2006
Cajmere-Keep Movin
Cajmere-Perculator
MD3-Pressure Cooker
Dajae-Brighter Days
Dajae-U Got Me Up
Earth People-Dance
Yellow House(?)-Jack My Body
Fast Eddie-Hip House
Fast Eddie-Booty Call
Mike Dunn-Magic Feet
Lil Louis-Video Clash
Lil Louis-French Kiss

I'm drawing a blank now. That's a start. Good luck.
Dj Alex Alvarez 5:27 PM - 19 September, 2006
What's hot right now in Miami is Electro House... Ever DJ is pretty much pumping the same tracks. I personally am starting to not like this sub-genre of house. Since most EDM DJ's down here all buy off Beatport, DJ Downloads, etc... They are all playing the same stuff. But anyways...

Some good 90's tracks...

Innercity - Goodlife
Bucketheads - The bomb
Adventures of Stevie V - Dirty Cash (Money Talks)
The Mighty Dub Cats - Magic Carpet Ride
Crystal Waters - Gypsy Women
ditc 5:45 PM - 19 September, 2006
Ransom and Alex Alvarez, good looks on the help. I know a few of those tracks, and the rest, I'm gonna look into real soon. Alex, I heard electro was big right now but I'm not too familiar with what's good and what's not and what's hot etc. Any big names in the electro scene or a few songs that are real big that can kinda lead me in the right direction with that?
Detroitbootybass 5:53 PM - 19 September, 2006
Masters At Work

:-)

You'd do well to check out Traxsource.com for MAW releases and other late 90's House music.
DJ Stuart (AR) 5:59 PM - 19 September, 2006
Jaydee- "Plastic dreams"
Simon - "Free at last"
S-express - "S-Xpress theme"
Black Science Orchestra - "New Jersey Deep"
Frankie Knuckles - "Whistle song"

www.djstuart.com.ar
DjWoody 6:35 PM - 19 September, 2006
Man! That was my golden era! I seriously have thousands of house & techno records from that time (1992-2000). Hahahaha

CZR - Groove To This
El Presidente - Cafe Con Leche
St Jonh - Agua
Planet Soul - Set U Free
Sweet Dreamz (White Label)
Santana - Oye Como Va (House Remix)
Armand Van Helden - Funk Phenomena
CZR - Climaxx

Man, I can list many many more tracks but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Pretty much UC Music (Underground Construction), Strictly Rhythm, Aquaboogie, and Fresh Fruit were the hot labels from back then.
DjWoody 6:36 PM - 19 September, 2006
Oh yeah, here's one that must...

Green Velvet - Perculator

and

Armand Van Helden - Get On The Donkey
DJ Funk - Work It
craigg 6:47 PM - 19 September, 2006
Don't forget about the Warp label's stuff from the early 90's;

Trick Disco - Tricky Disco
LFO - LFO
Nightmares On Wax - Dextrous
Nightmares On Wax - I'm For Real
NIghtmares On Wax - Aftermath
Sweet Exorcist - Testfour
Sweet Exorcist - Testone

And also guess what I found recently from a friend;
George Krantz - Din Da Da (a scat classic!)
shout outs to ransom, alvarez, bootybass, stuart and woody for some gems! Make sure to get these ditc and you'll have a classic house dance floor jumpin' for hours... :)
DJ_CARY 7:09 PM - 19 September, 2006
Classic House:

Larry Heard - Can you Feel it ( Every House DJ's Must Have!!)
A guy Called Gerald - VooDoo Ray
Ten City - That's the way love is
Aly Us - Follow Me
DeLacy - Hideaway
Sandy B - Make the world go round
RuffNeck - Everybody be Somebody
Nuyorican SOul - Runaway

So much too list.....DANG!!!!
House Music...it's Spiritual thing...it's a BOdy thing...it's a SOUL THING!
Dj Alex Alvarez 7:31 PM - 19 September, 2006
Since you asked about some Electro House tracks... You may want to look into these examples I posted below. This is currently the " sound of Miami" at the moment. It's good, but gets annoying after a while.

Who's Who - Not So Dirty
Outwork Ft. Mr. Gee - Elektro
Chris Lake - Release (Luke Dziereck Remix)
Freakx - Nasty
Richard Dinsdale - Bora
DJ WILLIE 7:55 PM - 19 September, 2006
I'm looking for that old house track ACID CRASH does anybody have it so I can use it please -

Thanks very much appreciate it

djwillie@gmail.com
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 8:15 PM - 19 September, 2006
woody, Planet Soul - Set U Free

funny, but that song always gave me tha giggles, cause we would twist tha words....

"Welcome to my pantie hole...welcome to my panty hole..."
"Brush your teeeeeth...brush your teeeeeeth"

:)
twinsouls 2:32 AM - 20 September, 2006
Damn Woody, I need to make some "arrangements" with U if possible to get some of that old school house stuff.Have you ripped your whole collection to mp3's?I started out DJing Hard House and after all these years going to Hip Hop,Ive gotten rid of all my house records(Big Mistake).But Its cool,a friend of mine gave me a crate of some hard house but its some of the closer millenium stuff.I was allready done with hard house by then.

Ive been messing around and want to put up a little mix on the forum soon.Heres some track that I was hoping to get my hands on.If I have to I will try to hunt some of these down.

I think it was on Aqua Boogie but theres this track,I think its called "La Selva" that I use to love.

Also trying to get them old school Poogie Bear and Mark V's.
I think they had some Wiggle Worlds.But one song thats been on my mind was the one that goes:

"Pump it up mad hits for ya ear,Pump it up mad hits for ya ear,Pump it up mad hits for ya ear,kick it loud and clear making hoes dissapear"----That was Sick!!

And the one that goes "MM,DROP--------.Feel the beat,Feel the beat"

Oh ya btw, My first record was "Show Me Your Love/It Feels So Good"-Lina Santiago. Ill never forget it
funk21 4:50 AM - 20 September, 2006
Hallway & Eastwick-Downtime-Paper Recording # 1
Salt City Orchestra-The Book
Heck any of the paper recordings early stuff is Aces!!

Sneaker Pimps-Spin Spin Sugar(Armand Van Helden REmix)
Atmosphear-Dancing In Outer Space-Disorient
Inner City-Good Life and Big Fun(a little early but there were remixes too)
MAW-Wonderful Person
Lando 7:00 AM - 21 September, 2006
Tell you what DTIC, I'll toss on this thread AND I'll start one for anyone wanting "The List". I'm transferring everything to SSL and getting rid of all these records. I should be finished by Thanksgiving (and I WILL give thanks that I finished). E-bay should be the spot.

Until then, here are a few I didn't see listed:
Criminal House-Rythme Talk 126
Model 500-No UFO's 125
Inner City-Do You Love What You feel 125
House of Gypsies-Samba 124
The Bucketheads-Got Myself Together 120
Night Crawlers-Push the Feeling 120
Mass Order-Lift Every Voice (classic hump mix)
Martin Circus - Disco Circus 120
COD-In the Bottle 124
Jungle Brothers-Girl I'll House You 124
Raze-Break for Love 120
Xavier Gold-You Used to Hold Me 124
Soho-Hot Music 114
Lidell Townsend-Nu, Nu 120
Chip E-Time To Jack 124
Julian Jumpin Perez-Jack Me Til I Scream 124
Mr Lee-I Can't Forget 124
Yellow House-Jack My Body
Farley Jackmaster Funk-Funk Trax II (EP)
Doug Lazy-Let It Roll 122
Martha Washington-Carry On 124
Maurice - This is Acid 126
John Rocca - Once Upon a Time 126
Yaz-Don't Go 126
Run DMC-Uptempo (It's Tricky) 127
Kool Kat-Work My Body
House of Gypsies- Sume Sigh Say 128
Revoked-Pieces 128
Da Posse-Strings 128
Channel 1-Technicolor 127
Armando - 100% Dissin You
Dave Clarke-South Side 132
Roula-Lick It 128
Phuture-We Are the Future
Mr Lee-Pump Up London
MAW & Ken Lou-What a Sensation (Inst) 127
Chashmere-You Got Me Up 127
Mike Dunn-God Made Me Funky 128

I'll hit updates tomorrow
DJ CISCO 3:34 PM - 21 September, 2006
I'm at work without my laptop but here are some traxx that I played at a local spot here in Chicago last night and had the place rockin..

CZR - seizure
CZR - obscure
DJ Funk - Work it
DJ Sneak - Work it (different traxx)
Hardrive - Deep Inside
Dajae - Brighter Days Remix (Cajual Records)
Phreakbeat (some call it Blip)
Fast Eddie - Throw Your hands up (IHR)
Fast Eddie - If you got a big ol booty (IHR)
Get it on the love train (forgot artist)
Big time
Mike Dunn - Video Clash 2
Bam Bam - Do dat footwork (UC label)
Budda

try to post some more later.. keep that house alive!
ditc 3:48 PM - 21 September, 2006
thanks for the help everyone, i'm still trying to school myself. dj cisco, that stuff you just posted above me, is that older house stuff or is that newer stuff? just curious. i'm trying to hip myself both on classic vocal house stuff and newer electro/miami/euro house. (sorry i'm soooooo out of the loop with this stuff).
society 4:08 PM - 21 September, 2006
Ok, first of all, my house tastes are EXTREMELY limited (I'm mostly hip-hop and r&b), but during that time frame I was into some stuff that some might classify as house-ish.

I was a HUGE Chemical Brothers fan and although they're primarily known as "big-beat" dudes, they had their fair share of acid/deep/hard house (sorry, I can't keep up with all the subgenres :P). Check:

"Under the Influence"
"Hey Boy Hey Girl" (I used to love dropping this one)
"It Began In Africa" (although this one's a bit later--2002)
...can't remember some of their other stuff right now...

I was also (kind of) into the French scene at that time--Respect Is Burning and all that shit. Daft Punk had some great stuff on their first album:

"Da Funk"
"Around the World"
"Revolution 909" (my personal fave)

and there was also Cassius: "Feeling For You", Stardust: "Music Sounds Better With You", and Dimitri From Paris had a GREAT remix of Stetsasonic's "Talkin' All That Jazz" from his first Playboy Mansion CD.

Armand Van Helden has already been mentioned and he was pretty dope too. I liked "You Don't Know Me" and he had a pretty decent track out with Common called "Full Moon."

Jason Nevins' remix of "It's Like That" by Run DMC was also great. So was Funkstar Deluxe's remix of Bob Marley's "Sun Is Shining." The Jungle Brothers' remix of their own classic, "Girl I'll House You (98)" also kills.

The best of the best would have to be Kenny Dope and the Masters At Work in general. Anything by them will kill it in my opinion.
Detroitbootybass 4:38 PM - 21 September, 2006
Quote:
dj cisco, that stuff you just posted above me, is that older house stuff or is that newer stuff?

Cisco's post is accurate to both the genre (House) and the time period (late 90's)... now, the post above his (by Lando) isn't accurate on either count (some late 90's House there, but most is from the 80's and there are Techno cuts and Hip Hop joints thrown in there).
Freddagreat 4:45 PM - 21 September, 2006
Nightcrawlers - Push the feeling on was a big one for me in the 90's as well as alot of the stuff you guys mentioned.

there was also some good stuff on nervous records and strictly rythm. I miss those days sometimes...
Lando 6:38 PM - 21 September, 2006
Cisco's post is accurate to both the genre (House) and the time period (late 90's)... now, the post above his (by Lando) isn't accurate on either count (some late 90's House there, but most is from the 80's and there are Techno cuts and Hip Hop joints thrown in there).

Ooops, my fault DITC. Chicago house classics remain house classics. by Chi-town standards (88-97) everything on the list is house, to include Uptempo by Run DMC. We didn't start to "dice" house up until the younger folks (Bad Boy Bill and crew) starting getting publicity. All good though.
ditc 6:59 PM - 21 September, 2006
i'm learning a lot in this forum. i always thought i knew a lot about music too. the house thing is a whole new entity for me, but it's something that i NEED NEED to school myself on, now that I can build a collection without having to drop 12 beans for a record i never heard before.
SpinThis! 7:33 PM - 21 September, 2006
Quote:
I'm transferring everything to SSL and getting rid of all these records. I should be finished by Thanksgiving (and I WILL give thanks that I finished). E-bay should be the spot.

BTW anyone else thinking about doing the same should reconsider. That's essentially pirating music since you won't be owning a legal copy anymore.
Lando 1:37 AM - 22 September, 2006
Woa, in the words of the Egyptian Lover (On the Nile), "Wait a minute). Spin, if I sit down and spend 638 hours and 43 minutes recording all of my purchased wax to CD, then turn to sell the WAX, like unopened collectors items (Paul Revere-Beastie Boys, ZZ-Tops first four albums) then I SHOULD be able to do that. My legal copy is what I paid to record the track ('bout 5.50 per 12"). If I'm STILL guilty, send the Sherriff to my house. I'll be in my basement mixin Dawg..........
Detroitbootybass 4:08 AM - 22 September, 2006
Quote:
Woa, in the words of the Egyptian Lover (On the Nile), "Wait a minute). Spin, if I sit down and spend 638 hours and 43 minutes recording all of my purchased wax to CD, then turn to sell the WAX, like unopened collectors items (Paul Revere-Beastie Boys, ZZ-Tops first four albums) then I SHOULD be able to do that. My legal copy is what I paid to record the track ('bout 5.50 per 12"). If I'm STILL guilty, send the Sherriff to my house. I'll be in my basement mixin Dawg..........

That is still quite illegal...
Matt G 4:30 AM - 22 September, 2006
Lando, what you're planning on doing is illegal. If you want still want to do it, that's your choice, but do not advertise your illegal activities here on this forum. This is your one and only warning. Any further efforts to advertise illegal sales will result in a ban.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 7:31 AM - 22 September, 2006
where is Deputy Julls when u need him? oh yeah, programming his lights :)
Lando 1:22 PM - 22 September, 2006
Woa, then I do stand corrected. My apologies to any I offended with the negative aspects of my thread. Matt G, amd SSL mod's, I didn't know. Spin and D.B.B., thanks for the heads-up. Think I'll go program MY lights now.
DJ Michael Basic 5:51 PM - 22 September, 2006
So there's this house track...I don't know what it's called or who it's by (don't you just love that?) but it sounds really old timey. Sounds like the melody is played with a clarinet or something, but it sounds like something you'd hear out of the 30s or 40s. Was a pretty popular track in the early 90s I believe? Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?
Dj KaGeN 5:58 PM - 22 September, 2006
^^ this is the worst part about house music - you hear a song and if you do not get the name of it written down - it can be aeaily lost since you virtually have nothing to work with except hummin the damn thing out......

so many songs have slipped by...... I can remember where I heard them. (I standing in my kitchen of my apartment listening on my pc that was streaming thru a dial up connection) it has an underwater sound and a hot chic swimming in the video in a white swim suit bottoms only.... any help? LOL
Kool DJ Sheak One 6:08 PM - 22 September, 2006
I think your thinking of Frankie Knuckles - "Whistle song"
DJ CISCO 7:44 PM - 22 September, 2006
i think your talking about Zig zag, or Cajmere - horny. Or perhaps the Dajae - u got me up remix.. These are the most popular house traxx with a wind instrument.

as for learning about house.. the best way to learn is to live through it.. being from chicago its like knowing the streets of the city or like knowing how old you were when you heard a popular song.. only as an example and cuz its infamous.. you know how old you were when you heard can't touch this.. Here in the Chi.. if you play perculator or horny... everyone remembers being in high school or jacking up girls with knee highs on at some dance or house party back in the day... its all about the music and the memories.. check out the pump up the volume documentaries to get the real low down on the history of house.. pretty damn accurate!

and as for the whistle song.... wow... memories.. do you have that children of the sky track with the whistle song in the backdrop.. is pretty straight..
craigg 8:21 PM - 22 September, 2006
Big ups to CISCO about the memories...
I can remember hearing Chris Sheppard in Toronto in the late 80's and early 90's a lot of the stuff that has been listed here by all these great DJ's. Going to RPM in the early days and hearing Shep throw down Dajae's U Got Me Up remix into Donna Summer's I Feel Love (the Giorgio Moroder classic!) into Adamski's Killer...
The floor went OFF!!!!
DJ_CARY 5:58 AM - 23 September, 2006
Lando :

I'm looking for that SOHO- "Hot music" on vinyl!!!
Is it the "House remix" + "origianl"?
Let me know!!!!
DJ Michael Basic 6:28 AM - 23 September, 2006
YES!!! That's it!!! U Got Me Up Cajmere Remix! Fantastic. Thanks Cisco!
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 11:21 AM - 23 September, 2006
remix of Wham's "Bad Boys"
Lando 1:10 PM - 23 September, 2006
Cary, the original pressing has 2 versions. Thye "Jazz" and "Row" mix. Hot Music is on the "B" side. "A" side has "Give it up". Record label is red. I'm headed out to the guitar center to pick up some 44-7's (2 for 1 sale).
Lando 3:04 AM - 24 September, 2006
Sale depends on where you go
DJ CISCO 5:51 PM - 25 September, 2006
I ended up picking up some whitelabel's on saturday at Guitar Center.. I love them...how are those 44-7's??
DJ CISCO 5:53 PM - 25 September, 2006
Oh yeah! Congrats on finding that track Michael.. I love it when I find something that I have been dying to get!
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:17 PM - 26 September, 2006
you're welcome Cisco :)
DJ CISCO 8:19 PM - 27 September, 2006
for???
DJ CISCO 8:20 PM - 27 September, 2006
Quote:
YES!!! That's it!!! U Got Me Up Cajmere Remix! Fantastic. Thanks Cisco!
John123 4:47 PM - 27 April, 2014
You guys are great I have to say. Reading down some of the lists really brought back some memories for me. Can anyone tell me the name of the late 90's vocal thats a woman singing goes "I need I need a friend bla bla bla someone like youuuu somebody like you" Ty in advance to anyone that can help
Dj David Soto 7:00 AM - 1 June, 2015
@Lando Bad Boy Bill LOL thats old school
Mr. Goodkat 10:24 AM - 1 June, 2015
the thread or bad boy bill? i guess both.
eugguy 3:05 PM - 1 June, 2015
Bad Boy Bill was...still is Bomb!
DJ Ratman 11:41 AM - 26 April, 2016
try this mix, if you need ideas:

soundcloud.com
dandf22572 5:22 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
You guys are great I have to say. Reading down some of the lists really brought back some memories for me. Can anyone tell me the name of the late 90's vocal thats a woman singing goes "I need I need a friend bla bla bla someone like youuuu somebody like you" Ty in advance to anyone that can help

John123

It's been a while since you posted this question but I believe the song you are looking for is
Asension - Someone (Original Vocal Mix)
Marko3524 5:06 PM - 12 June, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Dying to find a song for which i can't remember the name nor the artist. Song goes something like this: ..deep down boogies in the nayi nayi na - this get's repeated.. similar to Hardrive - Deep Inside ;)

Any thoughts?? - Much appreciated!
nikodb 7:29 PM - 12 June, 2016
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Dying to find a song for which i can't remember the name nor the artist. Song goes something like this: ..deep down boogies in the nayi nayi na - this get's repeated.. similar to Hardrive - Deep Inside ;)

House of Glass - DIsco Down maybe?
Robejz 8:53 PM - 12 June, 2016
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Different lyrics but that sounds like The Bucketheads 'The Bomb!'
Marko3524 9:54 PM - 12 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Yes! - This is the song! Thanks a tone mate!
Taipanic 2:02 PM - 13 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

And here's the original they sampled the hook and music from:
Watchwww.youtube.com
Taipanic 2:07 PM - 13 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

And here's the original they sampled the hook and music from:
Watchwww.youtube.com

and the original recorded version of Street Player by Rufus & Chaka Kahn:
Watchwww.youtube.com
DHV 3:58 AM - 26 August, 2016
This is an incredible forum and it goes back almost 10 years!

I found so many songs that I never thought I'd hear again from looking up many of the tracks listed! LONG LIVE HOUSE MUSIC!

Does anyone know the title of the song with these lyrics-

I watch Windows
High as could be
Watching Windows
I'm aware of where you been

Probably from late 90's and runs through my head every so often since then.

DHV
Nuzz1 10:59 PM - 11 September, 2016
Love that rich bass from 90's house, a lot of new tracks sound thin to me, too similar, get off the computer and get crate diggin and sampling and tweaking, it took a lot of creativity and effort with all that analog equipment to make music then, and you can hear it in the music of 80's and 90's and early 2000's , but it still all goes back to the 70's for the foundation and inspiration, the 70's is the Giants shoulders we stand on
ELL 4:39 AM - 13 November, 2016
There are some pretty great songs mentioned in this thread. I've been trying to find a song , not sure what era but I'm guessing 80's or 90's. I believe it is called "Deeper"; I believe the hook is: "deeper deep deep deep deep deeper (x4) come on come on deep; come on deeper yeah deeper" . I know that is not much but some of you are really knowledgeable and I really hope someone can help!
Jensen Määäm 8:48 AM - 13 November, 2016
Quote:
There are some pretty great songs mentioned in this thread. I've been trying to find a song , not sure what era but I'm guessing 80's or 90's. I believe it is called "Deeper"; I believe the hook is: "deeper deep deep deep deep deeper (x4) come on come on deep; come on deeper yeah deeper" . I know that is not much but some of you are really knowledgeable and I really hope someone can help!

Toni Martin - Deeper (Blaze Deep Mix) ???
Jensen Määäm 8:49 AM - 13 November, 2016
Here is a link to it: Watchwww.youtube.com
d:raf 3:45 PM - 15 November, 2016
Could also be Susan Clark-"Deeper".

youtu.be
ELL 4:52 PM - 15 November, 2016
I have been trying to find this song on my own for years. After reading this thread I was sure I would get my answer. Thank you so much d:raf, that is the song!!!! and thank you to Jensen Maam as well.
d:raf 12:11 AM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
I have been trying to find this song on my own for years. After reading this thread I was sure I would get my answer. Thank you so much d:raf, that is the song!!!! and thank you to Jensen Maam as well.

Glad I could help :).
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:56 AM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
Could also be Susan Clark-"Deeper".

youtu.be

Was gonna say that was it but forgot the artist.

Man this digital stuff is SO MUCH HARDER to remember without looking at ACTUAL LABELS

Gotta see if I have that as digital or off to Traxsource with fingers crossed....
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:00 AM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
or off to Traxsource with fingers crossed....

Oh well Jensen Määäm - u know what I just did - www.traxsource.com

Added to wishlist.... lol
Jensen Määäm 7:11 AM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
or off to Traxsource with fingers crossed....

Oh well Jensen Määäm - u know what I just did - www.traxsource.com

Added to wishlist.... lol

Lol, you know there will be another discount code.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:36 PM - 16 November, 2016
LOL YEP - gotta get it tonight before it expires
katlego 7:53 AM - 23 November, 2016
Hi i am looking for a few song from the 90's I believe they are house/electro
My kate brother used to play these songs and what a great way to remeber him

The lyrics go like this
1. People gather around let's hear the sound it's telling me and you that it's time to celebrate take somebody by the hand forget all your worries and be thankfulnfor your blessings
We gonna celebrate tonight come on and celebrate we gonna celebrate tonight

2. This is your life
And this is not a play, some TV show you've seen
This is real life, you know that
This is your, this is your life, hey hey hey
This is your, this is your life
You act like a child playing games now
Play and pretend, art of disguise
Alone and lost in all your lies

3. We are allowed to be free we are allowed to be free

4. Had my love but you lost it set me free set free set me free it's is sung by a woman

Thanks
lp2k 5:03 PM - 30 January, 2017
Sample Jason bye remix dub be good to me
sl1200 12:54 PM - 31 January, 2017
BANDERAS - This Is Your Life (Less Stress 12 Inch Mix).avi - YouTube
Video for banderas this is your life▶ 7:47
Watchwww.youtube.com

Quote:
2. This is your life
And this is not a play, some TV show you've seen
This is real life, you know that
This is your, this is your life, hey hey hey
This is your, this is your life
You act like a child playing games now
Play and pretend, art of disguise
Alone and lost in all your lies
sl1200 12:57 PM - 31 January, 2017
DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night - YouTube
Watchwww.youtube.com
Lyrics: To the beat of the rhythm of the night / Dance until the morning light / Forget about the worries on your mind / We can leave them all behind… Full lyrics on Google Play Music
Artist: DeBarge
Album: Rhythm of the Night
Released: 1985
Genre: Contemporary R&B
sl1200 12:58 PM - 31 January, 2017
Zemya Hamilton - Set Me Free (I'm On Fire) [Club/Dub Mix] - YouTube
Watchwww.youtube.com
Artist: Clubland
Album: Adventures Beyond Clubland
Released: 1992
Genre: Dance/electronic
Mr. Goodkat 5:46 PM - 31 January, 2017
Quote:
DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night - YouTube
Watchwww.youtube.com
Lyrics: To the beat of the rhythm of the night / Dance until the morning light / Forget about the worries on your mind / We can leave them all behind… Full lyrics on Google Play Music
Artist: DeBarge
Album: Rhythm of the Night
Released: 1985
Genre: Contemporary R&B

house classics from the late 90s
sl1200 6:46 AM - 1 February, 2017
Well spotted Mr. Goodkat

Now how about giving us the title of the house classic track with those lyrics from the late 90's:

Quote:
The lyrics go like this
1. People gather around let's hear the sound it's telling me and you that it's time to celebrate take somebody by the hand forget all your worries and be thankfulnfor your blessings
We gonna celebrate tonight come on and celebrate we gonna celebrate tonight
BoJack32 3:24 PM - 14 February, 2017
Hi: I'm looking for a techno/house track from approximately 1996. The only lyrics I remember are, "It's a dream, it's a dream, it's a dream," or "Just a dream, just a dream, just a dream." Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff (BoJack32@yahoo.com)
m19 8:17 AM - 15 February, 2017
Hi so im looking for a song im not sure if it was from the 90s or 2000s but it went something like... da da welcome to the summer.. let me hear the music.. da da and it was the voice of a woman and the beat was like tun tun tun tun.. tuntuntuntun ive been looking for years yet never found it please if some one knows tell me the name asap
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 5:07 AM - 16 February, 2017
Quote:
Hi: I'm looking for a techno/house track from approximately 1996. The only lyrics I remember are, "It's a dream, it's a dream, it's a dream," or "Just a dream, just a dream, just a dream." Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff (BoJack32@yahoo.com)

youtu.be
90sFan 8:23 AM - 17 February, 2017
I'm looking for early 90s song with lyrics that go "love, desire, my heart, my soul's on fire..." and another techno/house withnot much lyrics but goes repetitively with "turn me up...turn me up"
sl1200 8:29 AM - 17 February, 2017
D'Bora - Love Desire (1992)

www.discogs.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
90sFan 8:39 AM - 17 February, 2017
Thanks sl1200 but not the right one. The song actually starts off with a very melodious tune and some lyrics also goes "you give good love to me..." Battling to get this song for quite some time now.
Robejz 6:45 PM - 24 February, 2017
The lyrics to the first one reminded me of Gala Free From Desire.
Back It Up 6:15 PM - 28 February, 2017
Hey y'all. I was trying to find a house song from around 1996/97. My memory recall is weak, but here's what I got:

The hook went something like "Im thinking (or hoping) we can be (or get) together" and the 'gether part repeats several times. I know thats not much, but its all I got. Remember loving that song as a kid the few times I heard it on the radio. If any of y'all recognize it, I'll love ya lots. Peace, and thanks!
Jensen Määäm 10:13 PM - 28 February, 2017
Quote:
Hey y'all. I was trying to find a house song from around 1996/97. My memory recall is weak, but here's what I got:

The hook went something like "Im thinking (or hoping) we can be (or get) together" and the 'gether part repeats several times. I know thats not much, but its all I got. Remember loving that song as a kid the few times I heard it on the radio. If any of y'all recognize it, I'll love ya lots. Peace, and thanks!

Are you looking for this one?
Mighty Dub Katz - It's just another groove
Watchwww.youtube.com
BoJack32 5:54 PM - 3 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

Thanks DJ Dub, but that's not it. I'm pretty sure the song was released around 1996. It has a slower, bass-filled, beat. Thanks again, Jeff (BoJack32@yahoo.com)
Back It Up 3:05 PM - 8 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Come to San Diego and i owe you a beer, or 10! 😍
Jensen Määäm 7:04 PM - 10 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Come to San Diego and i owe you a beer, or 10! 😍

You are welcome!
Cheers!
Rensky 1:04 AM - 11 March, 2017
Hey everyone, I see you are working miracles here coming up with the names of songs for people..I have 2 songs I have been trying to find for years..the first is a remix of REO Speedwagon " keep on loving you" I couldnt ever find the 90s house mix of it...and the second is also from the 90s...it has a woman talking and yelling at the start..she repeatedly sings "I'm a bitch..I'm I'm I'm a bitch" and no this is not the Merideth Brooks song..nothing like it at all..if anyone can help me find these I'd be so very appreciative :D
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 4:21 AM - 12 March, 2017
Quote:
Hey everyone, I see you are working miracles here coming up with the names of songs for people..I have 2 songs I have been trying to find for years..the first is a remix of REO Speedwagon " keep on loving you" I couldnt ever find the 90s house mix of it...and the second is also from the 90s...it has a woman talking and yelling at the start..she repeatedly sings "I'm a bitch..I'm I'm I'm a bitch" and no this is not the Merideth Brooks song..nothing like it at all..if anyone can help me find these I'd be so very appreciative :D

img.discogs.com():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-1155681-1196664846.jpeg.jpg youtu.be
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 8:31 PM - 14 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

Thanks DJ Dub, but that's not it. I'm pretty sure the song was released around 1996. It has a slower, bass-filled, beat. Thanks again, Jeff (BoJack32@yahoo.com)

youtu.be

youtu.be
90sFan 6:31 AM - 18 March, 2017
After some digging managed to find the track...its Sandee: Love Desire (House of Def Mix)...
Diggin'Deep 6:53 PM - 22 March, 2017
Hello everyone, I am also looking for a house song (not sure its from the 90s though) which goes "let me tell you, let me tell you what you do to me / You get down, you get down" and then the beat comes in.
Desperately looking for this ! If it helps the voice is quite high pitched.
Thanks in advance.
nikodb 7:54 PM - 22 March, 2017
Quote:
Hello everyone, I am also looking for a house song (not sure its from the 90s though) which goes "let me tell you, let me tell you what you do to me / You get down, you get down" and then the beat comes in.
Thanks in advance.

Hey man, thats Black Box...Ride on time
Diggin'Deep 8:46 PM - 22 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks in advance.

Thanks so much man ! Definitely helped me out there. The original song is from Loleatta Holloway - Love Sensation though.
It was sampled and used in a more recent house song: Snacks - Burnin which I recommend you check out.

Thanks a ton again.
nikodb 9:55 PM - 22 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks in advance.

Thanks so much man ! Definitely helped me out there. The original song is from Loleatta Holloway - Love Sensation though.
It was sampled and used in a more recent house song: Snacks - Burnin which I recommend you check out.

Thanks a ton again.

Yes original was sampled from lolita Halloway, which is also included in some of best of Salsoul Classics, if you looking for similar original tracks...cheers
Taipanic 3:32 PM - 23 March, 2017
There are approximately 1,496,724 songs that use samples from Love Sensation, LOL. It's probably in the top 5 of most sampled songs ever.
Dj_M.O. 4:08 AM - 4 April, 2017
Hey Guy, I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a song that I've been trying to figure out. I'm not sure if this is the correct lyrics, but it goes something like this (Thanks in Advanced):

I don’t want to be like this,
I don’t want to be like that,
Do, Do Do Do Do, Do
Do, Do Do Do Do, Do
Da, Da Da Da Da, Da
Da, Da Da Da Da, Da
Why don’t they let you be,
What you want to be,
Why don’t they let you be,
What you want to be.
Do, Do Do Do Do, Do
Do, Do Do Do Do, Do
Da, Da Da Da Da, Da
Da, Da Da Da Da, Da
d:raf 5:28 AM - 4 April, 2017
Quote:
Hey Guy, I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a song that I've been trying to figure out. I'm not sure if this is the correct lyrics, but it goes something like this (Thanks in Advanced):

Cajmere-"Let Me Be"

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj_M.O. 2:25 PM - 4 April, 2017
d:raf - thanks brotha!!!
rodoggo4 10:57 AM - 10 April, 2017
Please I need help finding a 90's house song. Been looking all over Google and YouTube no luck.

Here are some of the lyrics "If you wanna fuck I wanna fuck If you wanna fuck throw your hands up, Hell yhea do wanna fuck, hell yhea do you wanna fuck"

Thanks
avedis 10:31 AM - 11 April, 2017
Hey guys, in search of a 90s house track for many, many years. I would be very grateful if someone could help.

"I'm looking, searching, dancin'"

Quite a few DJs have dropped this back in the day and it's been killing me. These are the only lyrics and the music has a semi-creamy deeper disco feeling to it.

Many thanks guys!
nikodb 12:59 PM - 11 April, 2017
Quote:
Hey guys, in search of a 90s house track for many, many years. I would be very grateful if someone could help.

Quite a few DJs have dropped this back in the day and it's been killing me. These are the only lyrics and the music has a semi-creamy deeper disco feeling to it.

Many thanks guys!

danny tenaglia , music is the answer, maybe?
avedis 2:27 PM - 11 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Many thanks guys!

Great track, but no. This song was popular amongst the Chicago house music crowd in the late 90s early 2000s. It's been driving me nuts.
avedis 5:43 PM - 11 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Many thanks guys!

Great track, but no. This song was popular amongst the Chicago house music crowd in the late 90s early 2000s. It's been driving me nuts.

Found it! Terra Deva - Fresh Start
Watchwww.youtube.com
Kcordero7 1:53 AM - 14 April, 2017
Yo, I am looking for an old house song. I think it's called Medallion.

Throughout the whole song, the only lyric that is said is the word "medallion" If anyone knows the song, know the artist, or has a link to that song, please let me know! Thanks!
Sikhumbuzo 12:55 PM - 19 April, 2017
Hi all. I am looking for a 1992 vocal house
track sung by a lady vocalist. It goes like this "we can make it if we try, you and I". Am not sure if it title is " in the beginning". Thank you
MarkDias 4:44 PM - 19 April, 2017
Hi folks!

Please somebody can help me knowing what´s the tune ID of this 90´s track:

youtu.be

Thanks you!
sl1200 11:40 AM - 21 April, 2017
Tracie Daves - We Can Make It (Deep Vocal) (1992)

Watchwww.youtube.com
LeeDee 7:53 PM - 26 April, 2017
Can anyone name a track that goes a little something like this, "I'll get my way.... yes, I'll get my way."

Or something like that. Or maybe I'm not googling right, or i have the lyrics wrong.

Many many thanks.
Eggenz 2:04 AM - 4 May, 2017
Hey all,

Like the rest of you I'm pulling my hair out trying to think of a song I heard back in the day.

This is the best recollection I have of it.

OK it starts off with a male voice speaking and describing what you need to make a dance track.
It goes something like this....
"We need to start off with a beat" (A beat starts)
"Then we add a hi-hat" (Now a hi-hat is added to the beat)
"Now we can add some base" (base is added)
And so on.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Egg
Eggenz 3:51 AM - 4 May, 2017
Quote:
REO Speedwagon " keep on loving you"

Maybe Try Clockwork (Feat. Jimmy Mc Foy) Keep On Loving You (Club Mix)

You can always go to 'Discogs' And do a search add 'remix' to the title
Look for Dance and or DJ titles and you can find the remixes on there.

Good luck

Egg.
Smile2000 7:57 PM - 8 May, 2017
Quote:
OK it starts off with a male voice speaking and describing what you need to make a dance track.
And so on.

Egg

RLP - Egyptian drummer?
Eggenz 11:53 PM - 9 May, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
And so on.

Egg

RLP - Egyptian drummer?

So Close thanks for the input but not it :(

Its more of a mellow house tune

Thanks again I'll keep searching

Egg.
Smile2000 6:35 AM - 10 May, 2017
Eggenz, try this one www.discogs.com
Ray Krebbs - Rocket
DJ Doozer 1:13 PM - 10 May, 2017
Quote:
Hey all,

Like the rest of you I'm pulling my hair out trying to think of a song I heard back in the day.

This is the best recollection I have of it.

And so on.

Egg

Eggenz i am 1000% sure you mean this. I searched for it too and finally found it in my record collection.
Techniques - This old house

youtu.be
Eggenz 9:56 PM - 10 May, 2017
Quote:
Eggenz, try this one www.discogs.com
Ray Krebbs - Rocket

Quote:

Eggenz i am 1000% sure you mean this. I searched for it too and finally found it in my record collection.
Techniques - This old house

youtu.be

Thank you both for putting in the time. @DJ Doozer @Smile2000

Doozer you are on the money. Top! work.
But Smile I'm lovin your track also.
A win/win. A many thanks to you both your effort is appreciated.

Eggenz
Jadeski 10:56 PM - 16 May, 2017
Great forum fellow DJ's!
Does anyone remember these two songs that had this awesome disco guitar rift?
One was called;" Got to be Free", but I don't remember who did it. And the other, I think was called; "Got your Soul"? I don't remember who did that either but both songs had the same guitar in it and it sounded like the disco song "Boy Meets Girl". I have been searching for these two songs for close to twenty years, if anyone can help I am guessing that this would be the place. God bless brothers! Thanx!
LeonsCreation 9:42 PM - 18 May, 2017
Hi all,
Looking for the artist / track title of a well known nineties poppy house track...
The singing is by a man but with a fairly high/ or maybe falsetto voice.
The lyrics should be similar to:
"woman, i can feel.. got to get you in my life.
No matter what ... say or do, so in love with you.

Does anyone recognise?
Thanks, peace, Leon
Eggenz 12:34 AM - 19 May, 2017
Quote:
Hi all,
Looking for the artist / track title of a well known nineties poppy house track...
The singing is by a man but with a fairly high/ or maybe falsetto voice.
The lyrics should be similar to:
"woman, i can feel.. got to get you in my life.
No matter what ... say or do, so in love with you.

Does anyone recognise?
Thanks, peace, Leon

Duke - So In Love With You (Full Intention 7 Inch Mix)
Above is my fav mix. TopTrack!
Enjoy

Egg
LeonsCreation 6:40 AM - 19 May, 2017
Quote:
Does anyone recognise?
Thanks, peace, Leon

Duke - So In Love With You (Full Intention 7 Inch Mix)
Above is my fav mix. TopTrack!
Enjoy

Egg

Thanks so much!!! Bless!
🙏🙏
Sparrowseve 5:50 PM - 19 May, 2017
Hello happy Friday all.
Please can you knowledgeable cats help? Looking for a late 80s 90's house tune for my other half, it's quite a mellow tune, lyrics are wide open space, free to express, free to create.... Or something similar it was on a Gordon Kaye mix tape number 9 special k. Can anyone help? Randomly been searching for about 9 years for hthis record....
Xxx
Eggenz 11:07 PM - 19 May, 2017
Quote:
yrics are wide open space, free to express, free to create

Try this link: www.facebook.com

It should be in there. If you find it and still cant find the name, let us know what Mix & time.
One of us should get it.

Egg.
Sparrowseve 12:54 PM - 20 May, 2017
Thank you so much..... I'll look now. You're wonderful thank you!!
Dj Des Bacos Salvano 3:26 PM - 20 May, 2017
Hi guys...I am new here...could someone please assist me...I am looking for an artist name and track name for an early 1990's garage song that goes: 'they don't know...things you do to me..." Anyone knows the song and artist??? Thanking you in advance...Cheers!!!
JLen76 7:39 AM - 22 May, 2017
Hi there, does anybody know the name of a garage/house song from about 1993ish? Male vocals and lots of piano and the vocals go 'i'm gonna get you back some day, gonna get back to you, don't you know'? it's a bit cheesy and probably something really obvious but it's been bugging me for a long time. Any help on the artist or song title would be really appreciated.
Sparrowseve 6:58 PM - 24 May, 2017
Quote:
Hello happy Friday all.
Please can you knowledgeable cats help? Looking for a late 80s 90's house tune for my other half, it's quite a mellow tune, lyrics are wide open space, free to express, free to create.... Or something similar it was on a Gordon Kaye mix tape number 9 special k. Can anyone help? Randomly been searching for about 9 years for hthis record....
Xxx

Further to my post, I have checked out the links but alas been told it's on part 16 which comes up with permission denied...... We've dug the old tape out and it's the last tune on 16 side a, it follows "Pascal's bongo massive vol 1 - pere Cochin" . The tune we're after starts no matter what nothings going to change how we feel right now - female vocalist. Does it ring any bells with you guys?
Eggenz 11:08 PM - 24 May, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Hello happy Friday all.
Xxx

Further to my post, I have checked out the links but alas been told it's on part 16 which comes up with permission denied...... We've dug the old tape out and it's the last tune on 16 side a, it follows "Pascal's bongo massive vol 1 - pere Cochin" . The tune we're after starts no matter what nothings going to change how we feel right now - female vocalist. Does it ring any bells with you guys?

Try, Shaka Boom - Here & Now
Watchwww.youtube.com

If its not it thanks for finding me a cool new track :) BUT I do hope its the one ;)

Egg
Sparrowseve 6:55 PM - 25 May, 2017
Many many many thanks!!!! THATS THE ONE!!!!! The other half is over the moon!!! Sooperb!!! Tuuuune!
Mollyme 7:04 PM - 2 June, 2017
Hello,
Any chance anyone knows who did that trac with female vocals ..."do you remember how it used to be, you on top making love to me"? Heard it recently and it took me so back. Would love to hear it again. Thanks all.

Molly
d:raf 9:20 PM - 2 June, 2017
Quote:
Hello,
Any chance anyone knows who did that trac with female vocals ..."do you remember how it used to be, you on top making love to me"? Heard it recently and it took me so back. Would love to hear it again. Thanks all.

Molly

Nick Holder-"Erotic Illusions"

www.beatport.com

There are a few different mixes of it so try them all if this isn't the one you... err... "remember" :).
Mollyme 3:14 AM - 3 June, 2017
Nick Holder-"Erotic Illusions"

www.beatport.com

There are a few different mixes of it so try them all if this isn't the one you... err... "remember" :).

Thank you so much! That's it. I hope I can help out with a dope track sometime too. Thank you a million! So amazing. Thank you thank you!
Mollyme 3:27 AM - 3 June, 2017
Ok, don't wana come off greedy but figured I'd run with my luck and try another. Anyone know a track - female vocals that says "I'm feeling... so much better" down tempo when i heard it. But so melodic its comforting. Lol

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Front242 8:58 PM - 7 June, 2017
After 1hour of searching the Internet: I found " Morning light " by FM Stroemer. I believe my brain is starting to recover from the Techno Era in Germany. Check out this Song. You will Not regret IT.
Lopez90 4:26 AM - 14 June, 2017
Happy Summer from Chicago fellas,

90s baby grew up on house music. I've been looking for this specific track for a few days now and cannot seem to find it. I contacted the dj and he told me it was a special edit only djs have. It's a female vocal, lyrics are something like "what a night, I love...." she's says something In the beginning but I can't make it out. It's mixed with heavy bass. The dj told me it was house throb. If anybody can help, i would really appreciate it. I can even send you a clip from it, if it helps. Thanks
Eggenz 3:12 AM - 15 June, 2017
Quote:
Happy Summer from Chicago fellas,

90s baby grew up on house music. I've been looking for this specific track for a few days now and cannot seem to find it. I contacted the dj and he told me it was a special edit only djs have. It's a female vocal, lyrics are something like "what a night, I love...." she's says something In the beginning but I can't make it out. It's mixed with heavy bass. The dj told me it was house throb. If anybody can help, i would really appreciate it. I can even send you a clip from it, if it helps. Thanks

A clip always helps :)
WannaFunk 9:34 PM - 18 June, 2017
Hey guys! I'm lookin for an old house track. The word "esperanza" is the only thing I can remember, and I do believe the song is the part of some mix (it's definitely not El nino by Agnelli & Nelson). The song that comes before that one is House Music by Eddie Amador. Love the forum, thanks a bunch!
Caschyno 8:56 AM - 22 June, 2017
Also searching for a track I only remember somewhat....13 years its been driving me nuts..if my memory is right in the first part at one point it sounds like a man falling and he's saying "help me I'm dieing" possibly says a few times, and the next part sticking out is an eerie female voice saying "memories like radio".. it was around 2003 that I heard it...but not necessarily when it came out, I was going to school in a suburb outside of chicago
Jforce76 3:14 PM - 24 June, 2017
Hey guys I recently stumbled upon this website looking for a rare house song for almost 27 years you don't know how hard I tried LOL and I was able to find it on here it's work my body over by dsk I was so excited when i did. So I am very grateful to have found it and I decided to join because I figured who better to ask them DJ's about rare songs. I'm looking for a couple but right now I'm looking for an Amber song. It's the song One More Night it is kind of Techno ish houses real fast I can't find it anywhere I tried you tube I tried other of sight I was hoping maybe one of you guys might know which one it is but it's very house very techno ish fast and the only words says it's just one more night over and over
d:raf 6:14 PM - 24 June, 2017
Quote:
Hey guys I recently stumbled upon this website looking for a rare house song for almost 27 years you don't know how hard I tried LOL and I was able to find it on here it's work my body over by dsk I was so excited when i did. So I am very grateful to have found it and I decided to join because I figured who better to ask them DJ's about rare songs. I'm looking for a couple but right now I'm looking for an Amber song. It's the song One More Night it is kind of Techno ish houses real fast I can't find it anywhere I tried you tube I tried other of sight I was hoping maybe one of you guys might know which one it is but it's very house very techno ish fast and the only words says it's just one more night over and over

So you tried Youtube and none of these are it?

www.youtube.com
d:raf 6:16 PM - 24 June, 2017
You might also try ordering one of these to see if it's on there: www.discogs.com
Lietomyfacebook 10:15 AM - 29 June, 2017
Hi, very new too this but ive turned 40 lol I have a love for dance and house music especially the diva house songs with piano rifts in the background , yes I believe we all love this stuff lol , but I heard a song in the late 90' the lyrics were "theres somthing bout the way you give me freedom ' you release my soul ' theres a reason I'm not letting go" i google this and I can't find anything :/ but I know the song exists , it had a pumping house sound and piano of course in the back ground , it was of course song by a lady with a massive diva voice :) any ideas ??

Would also like to know if they is a place for a DJ that only plays songs like this on the DJ scene?

Regards chris
Jforce76 8:14 PM - 1 July, 2017
I tried but no luck.
Thank you guys for the help
Jforce76 8:20 PM - 1 July, 2017
I am looking for another song. Its a house song.
its got mambo sampling in it. It came out like in 04'-05' lot of trumpet use in it. Anyone know any songs that came out around those years with that latin trumpet sampling in it?
Deb80 3:03 PM - 2 July, 2017
Hi im looking for the name of a song I used to dance to in the 90, it had the words "roll the dice" in .... any ideas.
slimmjimm 4:37 PM - 2 July, 2017
Quote:
I am looking for another song. Its a house song.
its got mambo sampling in it. It came out like in 04'-05' lot of trumpet use in it. Anyone know any songs that came out around those years with that latin trumpet sampling in it?

Laurent Wolf Calinda?
Jforce76 8:02 PM - 2 July, 2017
No thats not it. It samples an old song. No lyrics really only a sentence and its in a mans voice.
The trupet sounds go like this
Tat,tat..tat,tat,tat,tat,tat,..tat..tat,tat,tat,tat..tat,tat,tat,tat..
tat..tat,tat,tat,tat,tat..tat,tat,tat,tat,tat,
It may not be the best example but it coms close.
If anyone recognizes that pattern, i will always be grateful.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 10:08 AM - 5 July, 2017
Quote:
Tat,tat..tat,tat,tat,tat,tat,..tat..tat,tat,tat,tat..tat,tat,ta
t,tat..

DJ Debonair Samir - samir's theme????
Watchwww.youtube.com
jackdhouse 12:52 PM - 5 July, 2017
Is this possibly it?

The Don - The Horn Song

Watchwww.youtube.com
MaxMay 12:11 AM - 6 July, 2017
Hi. I am looking for an old club/house song so
With a voice and all she says is "I've got my self control" and no it's not some remix of the Laura Branigan song. I am desperate!
Eggenz 2:31 AM - 11 July, 2017
Quote:
I've got my self control

The only one I can think of at the moment with a sheeitload of 'tat tat tat's'

Perfecto Allstarz - Reach Up
Watchwww.youtube.com

Gl
Egg
Jforce76 5:44 AM - 11 July, 2017
The horn song from The don os actuslly another song i was looking for. Not the one i was thinking but this one is another one of my favorites. so it worked out. But i am looking for another one. Ots a deep house song. There's a girl that basically talks in it and says
" i want some more, can i have some more, i need some more"
That last part repeats over and over
i need some more
need some more
Need some more
Jforce76 5:50 AM - 11 July, 2017
There's a house song from the early 2000s.
It has a clip from what i believe is a movie.
It says something about zeus making people dance. Anyone heard of a sond that mentions something like that?
jackdhouse 12:48 PM - 11 July, 2017
Quote:
There's a girl that basically talks in it and says
i need some more
need some more
Need some more

At 6:30 mark...contains what you are asking...Watchwww.youtube.com Raz - Amour Puetro Riqueno, could this be what you're looking for?

Could the horn song you're looking for be this one....Watchwww.youtube.com Ralphi "The Razz" Rosario - I Want You (Dash Riprock Mix)
DJ ^MV^ 11:51 AM - 28 July, 2017
Hey guys/fellow Djs...

Im looking for a '90s house song...part of the chorus goes "Don't need don't need,Don't need don't need,Don't need don't need,Don't need don't need, Nobody" and then the beat follows...much appreciated guys...Thnx
FG123 1:39 AM - 30 July, 2017
Hi guys,
I am trying to find a 90's house/dance music.
The lyrics I remember are

it only gets better when the dawn comes
we dont have a lot of time, You are all of my desire, You are setting me on fire, by the time we kiss

Lied to (I think)

There is a saxophone playing

Thanks
DJ Seans888 12:23 AM - 4 August, 2017
Hey Guys1 I am looking for a title of a 90s era song with lyrics no matter where you go no matter what you do I will always follow you. Artist is a female.

Thanks in advance.
koogles 2:10 AM - 8 August, 2017
Please ,please, please help me find a song from years ago it starts off by saying :
welcome to the funhouse baby, I know where you cant get crazy, we're do it night long
Eggenz 5:27 AM - 9 August, 2017
Quote:
Please ,please, please help me find a song from years ago it starts off by saying :
welcome to the funhouse baby, I know where you cant get crazy, we're do it night long

Watchwww.youtube.com

Enjoy
Sparrowseve 1:30 PM - 13 August, 2017
Yo... Hello you cool cats, had such a good result for my other half before with you finding Shaka boom.... Being vinyl junkies we need the next fix!!! We gotta tune we can't identify and need your expertise again!!!
Going back to special k tapes again there's a tune on k8 part 2, it's a mix of plez "I can't stop"... We've got the original plez I can't stop with the rainforest mix, but it's the piano mix version that we're after, we're hoping to identify that one and also the piano tune it's mixed from we know it's from a record dating back to 89/90.... with words to it "stand by me" and "no.... Nnno nno" . It's mostly a vocal track with a lovely piano tunage....... And.... excuse, but why were trying our luck... At the end of k8 part 2, there's 2 tunes one with words " we all dance under the same sun... Too high" and the other "make me love you". Any of you funksters got any ideas for these 4 tunes?? Xx
Trainears 11:43 PM - 15 August, 2017
Hi - please can anyone help? I used to hear Steve Shiels play this house / techno record at Voodoo in Liverpool around 99 - 01. It had this spoken word lyric in a male voice "now you're in my house." Any ideas?
Thanks!
TheShiKing 5:19 PM - 17 August, 2017
Quote:
The horn song from The don os actuslly another song i was looking for. Not the one i was thinking but this one is another one of my favorites. so it worked out. But i am looking for another one. Ots a deep house song. There's a girl that basically talks in it and says
i need some more
need some more
Need some more

Here you go
2ND SHIFT featuring Heather - Somethin' Else
Seasons Recordings
Watchwww.youtube.com
TheShiKing 5:24 PM - 17 August, 2017
Hey everyone!

I am looking for a track ID and hoping someone here can help me! The vocals go something like:

Don't go askin'
Whats his name
Aint nobody but you
Are to blame

I know, I've been untrue
But I had to do it
(repeats "I had to do it")

Very jazzy house music track. Horns, keys, percussive. Sounds a little like St Germain.

Anyway, any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!
Kaelin
Tutter 7:57 PM - 3 September, 2017
Hi guys I'm kinda hoping someone can help I've been looking for a tune for ages now my hubby used to play it years ago when he was djing but he can't remember either :/ it's a Beaty song and all I can remember is a ladies vocals every so often saying "yeah low and wide" I think it's early 00s fingers crossed someone can help as it's driving me mad looking :( thank you 😊
fasbinder 62 3:15 PM - 6 September, 2017
so, there's a tune I've been after for decades, I'm pretty sure it came out in the mid-to-late 90s, the vocals are kind of nina simone'ish, it's banging piano led house tune, the lyrics go..

I wait for you
I know god will x2

I know the law

lord, i know he'll leave
don't know what to do
two will make a way (not sure about this one)
I don't know what to do

I wait for you
I know god will x2

I know the law
JavdD1180 3:48 PM - 24 September, 2017
Looking for a song from the 90's. More like a hip-house track, male voice with a chorus that repeats "Let Me Find Out". I know someone here knows it
Mr. Goodkat 6:33 PM - 24 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
i need some more
need some more
Need some more

Here you go
2ND SHIFT featuring Heather - Somethin' Else
Seasons Recordings
Watchwww.youtube.com

this is the f'n jam
Lessthanthree 6:11 AM - 26 September, 2017
There is a song i have been looking for since 1999 or so that the DJ used to play for our breakdance competitions. It sounded a lot like "The bomb" by the bucket heads but the horn pattern went up.
Lessthanthree 6:15 AM - 26 September, 2017
Quote:
There is a song i have been looking for since 1999 or so that the DJ used to play for our breakdance competitions. It sounded a lot like "The bomb" by the bucket heads but the horn pattern went up.

And not the horn song from the don. It has a very caribbean vibe with the typical break dance drum break sample
shelrave 3:39 AM - 27 September, 2017
I have been looking for a Chicago House track since my tape broke. It is from 1993-4 and it was either on a Lego brick tape or a Traxx/Mystic Bill tape. The lyrics go something like this:
Girl...he kicked me so hard, he left the word Nike on my Forehead...(then she says) but he did it all for love. I think it might have the track "Let me Tell you something" mixed in as well but my memory is foggy. Does anyone know what this track is called? I have been looking for it for about 20 years.
shelrave 3:40 AM - 27 September, 2017
I have been looking for a Chicago House track since my tape broke. It is from 1993-4 and it was either on a Lego brick tape or a Traxx/Mystic Bill tape. The lyrics go something like this:
Girl...he kicked me so hard, he left the word Nike on my Forehead...(then she says) but he did it all for love. I think it might have the track "Let me Tell you something" mixed in as well but my memory is foggy. Does anyone know what this track is called? I have been looking for it for about 20 years.
Eggenz 12:11 AM - 30 September, 2017
Quote:

Try
Watchwww.youtube.com
nikkisim 11:14 AM - 26 October, 2017
Ive been searching for a song that i heard around 1992-1995 (cant remember exactly) there were hardly any lyrics mainly a woman singing dream or reality (or dreams of reality) over and over and you just make believe, it was mainly da da, da da da da da da da then the lyrics, Im not 100% set on the lyrics but i know the words dream and reality featured heavily and the reality part was re-al-lit-eeee, Im desperate to find this song as it reminded me of a very happy time in my life, im sure it was part of a dance/house compliation.
thereverend365 7:22 PM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
Ive been searching for a song that i heard around 1992-1995 (cant remember exactly) there were hardly any lyrics mainly a woman singing dream or reality (or dreams of reality) over and over and you just make believe, it was mainly da da, da da da da da da da then the lyrics, Im not 100% set on the lyrics but i know the words dream and reality featured heavily and the reality part was re-al-lit-eeee, Im desperate to find this song as it reminded me of a very happy time in my life, im sure it was part of a dance/house compliation.

It's not Oceanic - Insanity by any chance is it?

Watchwww.youtube.com
thebuddist 1:51 AM - 16 November, 2017
Hi there i am looking for a song that i recently listened to. Some of the lyrics are "i give my love to you you your love to me(...)everything's gonna be alright" and "do you feel the passion deep iside of me this is not your fantasy this is your reality". Chaos in the cbd recently played and i cant find it in the web. But its sooo groovy! Please if someone could help me..
Promiz 6:41 AM - 16 November, 2017
Hi! I’m looking for a track
First they take a cheap song and slowly transform it into a house track by adding bass, drum etc.. they are commenting every change one after another.
At one point, there are vocals from a woman who says something like « this gets my heart pumping »
I remember a golden tooth, on the cover or on the youtube video.
Please let me know if this hits you!
ChickenHead79 4:18 AM - 20 November, 2017
Greetings fellow house heads!
Great to see the efforts being made to help identify tracks on here. The 90's certainly gave birth to a generation of house proud people. And after reading through this forum, I am hopeful that someone here maybe able to assist in my search?

It's a deep house number outta the 90's with the male vocal taken from what I think was originally an r&b tune. It's lumpy in bass and has a light weight percussive pattern to match. The lyrics I remember are..

'the feeling I get from u, (baby) u got me addicted
'the feeling I get from u, (baby) u know that u got me now'
On a high (repeats several times)
(electric guitar plays softly and intermittently, sliding thru singular notes towards end)

It was a new addition to my crate b4 my decks and vinyl got stolen. I had one recording of it on a mixtape I made in 98, I'd mixed out of JT Donaldson-Mama into it, then out of it into Kevin Yost-Dreams of you...(to give u an idea of the mood, it's similar in feel to the K.Yost track).The tape has since deteriorated and all I have is a distant memory... please help. Lol. It's been almost 2 decades!!
Mr. Goodkat 5:45 AM - 20 November, 2017
ha,I see jt from time to time
ChickenHead79 6:14 AM - 20 November, 2017
Sweet!
Next time you see him (if u dont mind of course) please pass on my gratitude for his contribution to music. I have quite a few of his tracks in my collection. A skilled artist indeed.