Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Video lagging with nvidia rtx 4060.what are the program graphic card setting?

philou800 3:36 PM - 30 November, 2023
Hello i have a brand new asus tuf 2023 intel 9 gen 13 with geforce rtx 4060. What are the program graphic card setting for serato video, i use the rane four controller. The image is ok while using one channel,everytime the crossfader move to the other channel 2.the image get blank white or green.thanks for any help
James Falk 9:54 PM - 26 December, 2023
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I long ago gave up attempting to use Serato Video with PC's. When I first got serious into gigging with video, I purchased a Alienware 17" which at the time had the best graphics card on the market, a 2014 Geoforce GTX 980M, benching at a highly respectable 7341 G3D mark.

By comparison your 2023 Geforce RTX 4060 benches at the 19573 G3D mark. Truly outstanding!

Sadly my experience with Alienware lasted all of 3 months, plagued by system crashes and audio/visual drop outs. Although not a computer nerd myself, I had access to some serious minds in both the PC & Mac world. Over & over again the advice was to buy a Mac, not because of specs, but due to stability.

I ended up purchasing a 2013 Macbook Pro with dedicated graphics, a 2013 NVIDEA GeoForce 750M benching at 1320 G3D. Results were very good, even on large screens. I've actually spun to IMAX screens for special events, and while certainly not movie quality, I provided my clients with acceptable quality.

Not wanting to be simply "acceptable", I purchased MIx Emergency (ME) & have offered my clients exceptional quality ever since.

Many veteran users have long since moved on to ME for this & many other reasons. I abandoned Serato Video for at least 2 years, until purchasing a late 2015 Macbook Pro with a 2015 AMD Radeon R9 M370X benching at an improved 1529 G3D. In side by side comparisons on twin 85" Samsungs with my 2013 running ME & the 2015 running Serato video, each provided virtually identical display using "best settings"

I say this as you'll find many forum users who will tell you to invest in ME (which is only available on Mac platforms), but my last half decade of routine use (I gig a video format over 200 times annually) had me notice no difference. Whatever Serato Video issues once existed on pre 2015 machines hasn't existed on newer high end Macbook Retina's.

The only expetion is video recording. I've yet to find an Macbook with an Intel core capable of recording. With that said, it's been years since I tried as ME offers exponentially better recording results.

Like yourself I own a Rane Four. I'm only on the forums today as I'm finally investing in a M1/M2/M3 Macbook as my 2013 can't be updated past Big Sur & my 2015 can't be updated past Monterey. Wishig to take advantage of live stems, its time to move on.

Wishing you the best trying to find an answer to your question. Sorry I wasn't helpful. The issue with Serato & the Mac vs. PC argument as always has hundreds of thousands of Mac users all using virtually identical machines vs. a exponentially smaller group of PC dj's attemtping to troubleshoot on an endless amount of makes and models. You're likely one of a handful of dj's worldwide using a GeoForce RTX 4060. Obviosuly it's tough to get advice when you have no peers to turn to.

In the end I'm sure all you want is a working machine. If dedicated to using a PC, I know a significant number of VJ's who use Virtual DJ, often on extremely cheap PC's and offer their clients excellent quality. If you can't get this issue solved, changing software is a far cheaper alternative that investing in Mac.

Good luck!
James Falk 9:58 PM - 26 December, 2023
Also if you've already created a ticket with Serato, please cut & paste their reply & advice for other users to see.
Pajonk 2:29 PM - 6 January, 2024
first thing to do is remove any letters like ą, á, ę, ü etc. There must be only basic letters, without any phonetic characters. Even if you have a folder with such letters, you will also have lag. In the file properties, also remove all these letters. another thing is to set 'rgb only' in serato video settings. the third thing is to install external codecs, for example k K Lite. Reply if anything helped.
DJ Quartz 11:09 AM - 13 February, 2024
Quote:
Many veteran users have long since moved on to ME for this & many other reasons. I abandoned Serato Video for at least 2 years, until purchasing a late 2015 Macbook Pro with a 2015 AMD Radeon R9 M370X benching at an improved 1529 G3D. In side by side comparisons on twin 85" Samsungs with my 2013 running ME & the 2015 running Serato video, each provided virtually identical display using "best settings"

To be honest, this is what me be switch from Windows to MacOS in 2011.

I literally went to Best Buy with Serato on a usb stick and some videos. I explained to the sales guy what I was doing to prove a point.

I tried almost ten Windows laptops and NONE of them worked right and he saw this happen.

I threw it on a Macbook and it worked right out of the gate.

I simply said there's my answer after all of that.

I am running SV on my Win10 studio PC for remixing with a Starlight and Neon but that was task in itself.

It's still not running optimally but can get the job done.

Serato Video needs a major update period....
popnwave 5:29 PM - 13 February, 2024
And it's also the reason I tell anyone trying to do video in Win10/11 to just use VDJ.
Pajonk 6:00 PM - 13 February, 2024
Quote:
And it's also the reason I tell anyone trying to do video in Win10/11 to just use VDJ.

I've been waiting for a serious video update for a long time, so I've been playing Virtual DJ for a year now, even though I have Rane Four... I only play music videos and Serato is still very far from VDJ...

It's funny to me that Serato is still based on a very old Apple player, that I cannot use phonetic characters in titles, that transitions are reserved only for the crossfader and it cannot be configured for upfaders...

VDJ, of course, also has its disadvantages, but at the moment it is much more extensive and stable than serato... it's a pity that the company ignored this department, for which it charges dearly...
popnwave 8:49 PM - 13 February, 2024
Maybe Serato Video will get some love again once the main app gets native Apple silicon code.

Personally I'll stick to macOS + SDJ Pro + MixEmergency unless one day VDJ learns how to do side fill properly on their videos. But I don't encourage anyone to stress themselves out trying to get SV and it's arcane codecs working right with Windows.
Car for Rent 4:11 AM - 30 May, 2024
Looking for a car for rent in Dubai? Dubai offers an array of rental options to suit every need, whether you're seeking an economical compact car or a luxurious ride. Renting a car provides the freedom to explore the city's stunning skyscrapers, pristine beaches, and bustling markets at your own pace. With competitive prices and convenient pick-up locations, getting around Dubai has never been easier. Enjoy the comfort and convenience of a rental car as you experience all that this vibrant city has to offer.

carsforrent.ae
Nisha Marshall 11:05 AM - 27 July, 2024
Hello

Your post is good and expecting more from you guys.

Regards
Nisha Marshalll
Prestige Evergreen
www.prestigesevergreen.info
Tea Tree Oil Bulk 6:54 AM - 29 July, 2024
Tea Tree Oil Bulk:

Buy high-quality bulk tea tree oil for all your needs. Our pure, natural tea tree oil is perfect for aromatherapy, skincare, and household uses. Shop now for the best prices and enjoy the benefits of bulk buying.

Regards:
Josef Demangeat
www.essentialnaturaloils.com