Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

MIDI mapping of HW effect buttons (Numark Platinum FX)

stepanzel 10:46 AM - 4 May, 2023
Hello people, for hours I've been trying to figure this out but now I give up and ask you experts for advice. (I asked the support team as well and they suggested to ask here.)

My situation: my controller has 6 predefined effect buttons in the middle. Since I never use LPF and HPF (there's an additional filter knob for each channel) I want to remap those two buttons to activate a "Noise Sweep" for HPF and "Clean Echo Out" for LPF button.

How can I achieve that? Whenever I press those buttons Serato switches to Multi FX mode even though with the controller I can control only one effect. The closest that I came is managing to use the BEATS knob to open the effect selection drop-down menu but then I'm unable to use it for the beats anymore.
By the way, I'm willing to give up the TAP button if that would help.

The guy from Serato support suggested that this kind of MIDI mapping will have to be done in the XML file directly, hope that piece of info can shed a bit more light.

Please help!
Thank you so much in advance!
DjSyndic8 10:59 AM - 4 May, 2023
Search for "Diego Johnsson" here on the forum, if he has time he can do this for you
DJ STU-C 11:23 AM - 4 May, 2023
Quote:
Hello people, for hours I've been trying to figure this out but now I give up and ask you experts for advice. (I asked the support team as well and they suggested to ask here.)

My situation: my controller has 6 predefined effect buttons in the middle. Since I never use LPF and HPF (there's an additional filter knob for each channel) I want to remap those two buttons to activate a "Noise Sweep" for HPF and "Clean Echo Out" for LPF button.

How can I achieve that? Whenever I press those buttons Serato switches to Multi FX mode even though with the controller I can control only one effect. The closest that I came is managing to use the BEATS knob to open the effect selection drop-down menu but then I'm unable to use it for the beats anymore.
By the way, I'm willing to give up the TAP button if that would help.

The guy from Serato support suggested that this kind of MIDI mapping will have to be done in the XML file directly, hope that piece of info can shed a bit more light.

Please help!
Thank you so much in advance!

As far as im aware, those devices and the Numark Scratch mixer are locked in to only those FX.

As Syndic8 says above, Diego may have a workaround for it.
stepanzel 11:26 AM - 4 May, 2023
Thanks guys, I'll ask him, will keep you posted.