DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Denon DJ DN-HC1000S - Anyone getting one?

EdT2000 1:07 PM - 29 September, 2009
I have been looking at this and was wondering how many other ScratchLive users were considering getting one?

I know this is little more than a convenient controller for the keyboard shortcuts, but I'm a gadget man so I think I will be picking one up.
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:03 PM - 29 September, 2009
I'm thinking about ditching the Trigger Finger for one of these
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:03 PM - 29 September, 2009
I should say that I will be buying one as soon as I can to test it.
VJ Justin Allen 3:45 PM - 29 September, 2009
I was thinking about that as well...but I am still a bit weary of the midi pages being unknown...where as on my Trigger Finger I have all the buttons right there.
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:59 PM - 29 September, 2009
I mainly use my TF for cues and the sampler. I also have 2 pads and 2 knobs for loop rolls. The Denon unit will take care of the cues and loop roll. I still may add the new Akai LDP8 to handle the sampler so I can keep the pads on the denon unit for cues.

Trading 1 unit for 2 for hopefully smaller volume set-up and better control over midi functions.

I also run a nanoKontrol for video functions, and I am anxiously awaiting a dedicated controller for VSL. (Hopefully after a master FX slot is added)
VJ Justin Allen 4:17 PM - 29 September, 2009
I guess the other issue I have with that set-up is that they are both USB controlled vs midi controlled. That means a hub has to be used.
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:26 PM - 29 September, 2009
I'm already using a hub for the TF and nano. No problems at all. Its a cooling pad too so double + bonus.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 8:35 PM - 29 September, 2009
I'm getting one!
EdT2000 1:44 PM - 30 September, 2009
Nick, being fromm Serato, have you had chance to test one of these yet?
Cyberia 4:42 PM - 30 September, 2009
I want one mostly for library searches and scrolling. I'm excited to test one to. Plus labeling my NanoKey with stickers is a bit ghetto.
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:07 PM - 30 September, 2009
Denon or someone should follow this up with a VSL controller. The nano is great, but I am ready for something more solid and accurate.
DJ Unique 8:46 PM - 30 September, 2009
Quote:
The nano is great, but I am ready for something more solid and accurate.

Yeah!!!
Something that will last longer than a month.
My NanoPad broke down really fast.
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:53 PM - 30 September, 2009
ouch. i keep mine in the og box in my backpack.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 9:36 PM - 30 September, 2009
Quote:
Nick, being fromm Serato, have you had chance to test one of these yet?

Yeah I have actually. First thing I noticed is how solid it feels. The build quality is great. I have seen a few people say that the weight is a bad point, but for me its the opposite. You can really smash the sh** out of the buttons and it doesn't move around on the table at all. (the Nanos are too flimsy for me.)
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:38 PM - 30 September, 2009
that is exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I am also looking forward to having labeled controls instead of trying to remember all my assignments.
FunkyRob 10:06 PM - 30 September, 2009
Is there a way to kind of bridge it between 2 decks? I don't see any side view pics to notice if there's any lip edges on the sides.
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:08 PM - 30 September, 2009
I've been thinking of modding an l-stand so this is angled right behind the mixer (above the wires) kind of like the display on the new CDJs
Logisticalstyles 2:03 AM - 1 October, 2009
Quote:
Is there a way to kind of bridge it between 2 decks? I don't see any side view pics to notice if there's any lip edges on the sides.

That's something that I am really interested in as well.
RogerRabbit 4:14 AM - 1 October, 2009
I am getting one. And now that 1.9.2 can have 24 samples, I will use my nanopad primarily for samples.
EdT2000 4:14 PM - 1 October, 2009
Quote:

I dont think there are any lips on the edges from what I have seen, but really frustratingly the mini-USB connector port is on the side rather than the back.

Check the picture from Skratchworx here:

www.skratchworx.com
EdT2000 4:17 PM - 1 October, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

I dont think there are any lips on the edges from what I have seen, but really frustratingly the mini-USB connector port is on the side rather than the back.

Check the picture from Skratchworx here:

www.skratchworx.com

Sorry, just found these official pictures showing the controller from all angles!

www.skratchworx.com
scotty B 4:23 PM - 1 October, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
that is exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I am also looking forward to having labeled controls instead of trying to remember all my assignments.

Same here, I came close to taking a sharpie to my nanopad at one point lol.

Or I would forget what bank I was in and instead of hitting a loop, I hit a sample, or vice versa.

I took like an hr and a half to use a label maker, and Print and cut tiny labels for what I assinged each control to. I did it for my Non-Key, and then I did it again for my Nano-Kontrol. I thought the control would work better. It was fine intil 2 days ago...the buttons started to stick, or not work at all. This Denon one looks like the answer.
DJ Dollar 12:19 AM - 22 October, 2009
I will have one in my hot hands next week, as i getting it from a Denon Rep.
Dj BuddyLove 3:05 AM - 24 October, 2009
Quote:
I'm getting one!

+1
DJ'Que 2:33 AM - 26 October, 2009
+11111 I pre order mines. From gtc
DJ'Que 5:20 PM - 27 October, 2009
bump
Dj Ace 7:07 AM - 28 October, 2009
It feels really solid and is very responsive
Dj Eurico Lisboa 1:26 PM - 28 October, 2009
I have made my pre order at 17/09 at HTFR.They only receive the dn-hc at 16/11.I'm on fire...
DJ'Que 5:49 PM - 28 October, 2009
Quote:
very responsive. Is it long 9.8 x 3" depth.
DJ'Que 5:50 PM - 28 October, 2009
oops. Just so yall know it ships from california. Fri.
DJ'Que 6:54 PM - 28 October, 2009
Quote:
very responsive. Is it long 9.8 x 3" depth.
lee2483 9:33 PM - 28 October, 2009
Hey Guys,

Two new videos on the Denon DNHC1000S

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
Sol*los 10:22 PM - 28 October, 2009
Quote:
Hey Guys,<BR jQuery1256768240004="723"><BR jQuery1256768240004="724">Two new videos on the Denon DNHC1000S<BR jQuery1256768240004="725"><BR jQuery1256768240004="726">Watchwww.youtube.com javascript:void(0);<BR jQuery1256768240004="729"><BR jQuery1256768240004="730">Watchwww.youtube.com javascript:void(0);

I couldnt finnish watching these....the music's too horrible
DJ'Que 10:40 PM - 29 October, 2009
its a demo
RogerRabbit 11:16 PM - 29 October, 2009
Quote:

I couldnt finnish watching these....the music's too horrible

The vids still show what the product is capable of... so that's all that matters..
Justin Styles 2:12 PM - 30 October, 2009
I really would love to see someone make an adapter plate to stick behind a mixer or attach this to an uber stand. Placement of my nano is the thing I hate the most. That being said, I'll have one soon.
AKIEM 2:15 PM - 30 October, 2009
Ive been working on something - but dont have time/money
DJ'Que 3:54 PM - 30 October, 2009
just a matter of time. Pssl would be shipping them out. Or for pickup. I'm picking mines up. The can fit on the tray on the laptop stand might have to do a little mod to angle it.
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:29 AM - 31 October, 2009
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:12 AM - 31 October, 2009
DJ'Que 3:56 AM - 31 October, 2009
its bomb better get it asap. I bullshit you guy and guys not. I'm learning as I go and its easy cuz its the sameas the keyboard. Just remember to use shift to skip over.
BERTO 3:59 AM - 31 October, 2009
do u have to program the midi layout on the controller or the buttons already do what they are marked to do?
BERTO 4:02 AM - 31 October, 2009
nvm i got it, plug and play sweet
Dj Ace 4:16 PM - 31 October, 2009
Quote:
do u have to program the midi layout on the controller or the buttons already do what they are marked to do?

Nope its pre-mapped using 1.9.2
DJ'Que 4:46 PM - 31 October, 2009
what's up ace. Yeah it what DJ Ace said in 1.9.2
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:34 PM - 31 October, 2009
instruction manual is very sparse.

any info on
-video functions
-switching sampler banks
-whats on midi channel 2?
DJ'Que 5:40 PM - 31 October, 2009
didn't see nothing let me go get it. Out my truck
Dj Ace 5:55 PM - 31 October, 2009
the second midi channel is user programable...you have to set it up in SSL if you want it to control video functions...Also you can trigger sample banks by holding the load button and pressing for example the 'SAMP-1' to play what is loaded into the the first bank etc
Dj Ace 5:57 PM - 31 October, 2009
The way i use since i own a 57...is to leave my 57 on the video group (xcept to use an occassion effect in group 6) and use the Denon to control EVERYTHING else!
DJS/R 6:03 PM - 31 October, 2009
I do not plan on buying one of these. However, I was wondering what type of applications people were going to use these for? Like, are people going to replace their turntables for these mobile gigs or something? Or is this going to be more of just a specialized midi keyboard? Just wondering where everybody's head is at on this one.
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:21 PM - 31 October, 2009
supplement to the decks only

replacement to trigger finger
DJ'Que 7:38 PM - 31 October, 2009
Quote:
I do not plan on buying one of these. However, I was wondering what type of applications people were going to use these for? Like, are people going to replace their turntables for these mobile gigs or something? Or is this going to be more of just a specialized midi keyboard? Just wondering where everybody's head is at on this one.
its just to replace the trigger finger or mpd24 midi controller. Its a work around so you don't have to use the laptop to activate a cue point or scroll your library. It controls pretty much everything your laptop does for serato. I.E video. Crates, cue points. Etc
VJ Justin Allen 8:54 PM - 1 November, 2009
It's interesting. Seems like with a few more features and sliders it could have replaced decks.
Dj Ace 9:23 PM - 1 November, 2009
then it would be the vci 300...sort of
DJ'Que 10:26 PM - 1 November, 2009
yeah. I'm looking for a case for it now. Something to put it in to cover it up.
jblomquist 4:37 PM - 2 November, 2009
Sweet! ...just got confirmation from pssl.com that mine will be shipping today. My only wish is that the thing had a dedicated "Instant Double" button, but oh well. I'm thinking maybe I can re-map one of the tempo buttons, but we'll see.
DJ'Que 5:23 PM - 2 November, 2009
Quote:
Sweet! ...just got confirmation from pssl.com that mine will be shipping today. My only wish is that the thing had a dedicated "Instant Double" button, but oh well. I'm thinking maybe I can re-map one of the tempo buttons, but we'll see.
it does have 2 instant double buttons. Shift + A or shift + B. It even has a rec button to.
Cyberia 6:06 PM - 2 November, 2009
I like to spin with one deck in Int mode when mixing. I don't seem to see a dedicated play button. I hope you can reprogram the buttons.... I would use the Tap button as it isn't really needed. Unless there are effects coming soon????
DJ'Que 6:18 PM - 2 November, 2009
Quote:
I like to spin with one deck in Int mode when mixing. I don't seem to see a dedicated play button. I hope you can reprogram the buttons.... I would use the Tap button as it isn't really needed. Unless there are effects coming soon????
I used int and the inst.doubles with no problems at all. But you can remapp it. As for a dedicated play button no its not one. You would have to remapp it. But its plug and play in 1.9.2 but the tap is useless right now I might also remap mines to use play on that one.
jblomquist 6:27 PM - 2 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
it does have 2 instant double buttons. Shift + A or shift + B. It even has a rec button to.

that's great! thanks for the insight Que!
Cyberia 6:49 PM - 2 November, 2009
When you reprogram a button, I hope it stays set and doesn't revert to it's original settings when restarting the program. Any body know for sure?
DJ'Que 8:23 PM - 2 November, 2009
Quote:
When you reprogram a button, I hope it stays set and doesn't revert to it's original settings when restarting the program. Any body know for sure?
you have to remap to midi channel 1 or channel 2 or channel 3 or channel 4
DJ'Que 8:25 PM - 2 November, 2009
it stays mapped.
Cyberia 10:48 PM - 2 November, 2009
Quote:
it stays mapped.

You mean the changes that you made stay on the main Midi page of the unit when started?
DJ'Que 8:00 PM - 3 November, 2009
not the main. You have to save it like you did with a mpd24 or trigger. And also the lights don't light up. But in 1.9.2 it does. Its just a setting or something. But I didn't remap mines my friend did and the lights didn't work. So he downloaded 1.9.2 and the started working. He was using 1.9.1 b4
FYC / CYFA 8:17 PM - 3 November, 2009
does this work with sl1??? stupid question but i dont fel like looking for it... (lazy)
Justin Styles 8:34 PM - 3 November, 2009
yes
WarpNote 9:07 PM - 3 November, 2009
Ordered mine yesterday, will be nice to replace the mpd24 with a smaller unit.
DJMark 9:08 PM - 3 November, 2009
Especially considering the price, I think Denon did an excellent job with this.

I only wonder why the "tap" buttons were given such prominence, since I would think most SSL users are just using the automatically-calculated BPM's. Maybe that's a carry-over from some of their CD players with built-in BPM-based effects.

I'll probably wind up remapping those to the emergency "internal mode at zero pitch" function.
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:13 PM - 3 November, 2009
Quote:

I'll probably wind up remapping those to the emergency "internal mode at zero pitch" function.

good idea, for the fuzz
DJ'Que 9:21 PM - 3 November, 2009
maybe serato can make some pre mapped. Cos my friend could get the lights to light up on his. But once he went to 1.9.2 they worked. In the manual it also say's to us 1.9.2 since its mapped. On mines I just used the preset in 1.9.2.
CMOS 9:24 PM - 3 November, 2009
Wondering if this will fit in front of my mixer on a battle bridge? Kinda looks like theres no where to put these damn things.

(goes off to design nextlevelness-mega-accessory you will all want for this thing)
FYC / CYFA 10:35 PM - 3 November, 2009
the only thing u have to worry about is that damn usb plug on the side... wack design on that part... what if u want to put it in a coffin... would have been nice to have one on top or bottom as well for multiple options... but for that price who can argue...

will buy as soon as i sell my og whites..

j/k hehe
DJ'Que 11:29 PM - 3 November, 2009
it can fit in front of your mixer if you have room . Battle style. Or on your laptop stand in front of your mixer if your mixer is small enough. Like 13" the usb is not really a problem. When you put it in your mixer case if you can put brackets on it. Mines is like how my pic on the above post is. And its not in my way.
DENON 7:00 PM - 4 November, 2009
Hey guys, check out all the "new" images and the literature sheet link below

www.denondj.com

Lit:
www.denondj.com
Gor 8:34 PM - 4 November, 2009
dammit i want one
DJ'Que 11:55 PM - 4 November, 2009
Gor: don't sleep you better get one. I had mine since friday. True plug and play. I'm messing with it now. I use it for everything. My keyboard did. Now I leave my 57 on group 5 to set the video effects and control the video. The korg aint got shit on this one by denon. I love this unit (no homo) you can also set cue on the fly.
Dj BuddyLove 5:37 AM - 5 November, 2009
Quote:
dammit i want one

meee tooo!!!
just need funds :(
ABM 6:52 AM - 5 November, 2009
this just showed up. more gear to buy...
www.skratchworx.com
DJMark 7:04 AM - 5 November, 2009
I think the Denon controller makes a lot more sense than the NI product, for people using SSL.

Though it's interesting that NI felt it necessary to include explicit support for SSL.
FYC / CYFA 3:03 PM - 5 November, 2009
^i likey.... i wonder if u could run that software it comes with on ur laptop and mix those two deks into the serato software.??? hmmmmmm
J.J. 5:09 PM - 5 November, 2009
Silvio, what happened to DenonDJForums.com ?

I can't even log on anymore.

Thanks for the images of the DN-HC1000S. I can already see a Denon ITCH controller. 2 Direct Drive Turntables, 4 Decks, 4 upfaders and effects. I will throw something together in photoshop.
DJS/R 5:43 PM - 5 November, 2009
I for one will not be getting the NI product. It Probably has an Auto-Sync BPM button. I don't want to be anywhere around it.
DJ'Que 6:06 PM - 5 November, 2009
Quote:
this just showed up. more gear to buy...
www.skratchworx.com
its all ready a post on this one. That's what I was talking about was the NI. And notice I said korg.
DJ'Que 6:09 PM - 5 November, 2009
better start selling those trigger fingers and mpd24 and get the denon. Use the denon to control everything and use the 57 for the video control.
mastermind 7:37 PM - 5 November, 2009

dub cowboy-don't mean to call you out but are you a girl?
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:55 PM - 5 November, 2009
nope

why are you asking?
BriChi 7:56 PM - 5 November, 2009
I just picked a 1000 up, SICK!!! I love this thing so far, Nice and small and built very solid (No homo).

I did notice I had to delete earlier nanopad profiles because it was acting funny, I would hit auto loop on the left and the right deck would loop, Once I wped my midi profiles out the thing is perfect
mastermind 7:58 PM - 5 November, 2009
Quote:
nope

why are you asking?

the bedazzled headphones!
DENON 7:59 PM - 5 November, 2009
Quote:
I did notice I had to delete earlier nanopad profiles because it was acting funny, I would hit auto loop on the left and the right deck would loop, Once I wped my midi profiles out the thing is perfect

Congrats Brichi and thanks for that delete tip.
DJS/R 7:59 PM - 5 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
nope

why are you asking?

I think those were Sent to him via DJ'Que... It says that above.
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:01 PM - 5 November, 2009
those are DJ'Que's pics

he couldn't post them from his phone so he emailed them to me and I put them up for him so you'll have to ask him.
DJ'Que 8:03 PM - 5 November, 2009
yea those are my headphone's and nope I'm not a female. I just did that to get a crazy light effect when the lights are going in the club.
DENON 8:03 PM - 5 November, 2009
Quote:
Silvio, what happened to DenonDJForums.com ?

I can't even log on anymore.

Thanks for the images of the DN-HC1000S. I can already see a Denon ITCH controller. 2 Direct Drive Turntables, 4 Decks, 4 upfaders and effects. I will throw something together in photoshop.

JJ, glad you like the new HC1000S images.
Mike just tweaked something, try again.
mastermind 8:05 PM - 5 November, 2009
cool
CMOS 8:06 PM - 5 November, 2009
Wow thats gangsta, people come here to find out why other forums are down. And dude got a response too.
mastermind 8:08 PM - 5 November, 2009
who's down?
FYC / CYFA 8:10 PM - 5 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
nope

why are you asking?

lol!!! i didnt want to ask.... but i saw them hoes too... lol who's claiming them cans???
FYC / CYFA 8:10 PM - 5 November, 2009
^nvrmn.. hehe
Millz 8:14 PM - 5 November, 2009
my question is: when more functions are added to serato, and others are changed or moved, etc...will the user be able to remap this accordingly...or will it be something that denon will have to put out in a firmware update...etc?
BriChi 8:28 PM - 5 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Congrats Brichi and thanks for that delete tip.

Thx Sil, No problem
Millz 12:32 AM - 6 November, 2009
I have a ?...why is there 2 different versions of this? if you check out www.pssl.com there are 2 diff models (same model number) (look @ the pics)...is one designed for ssl and one for another platform or wot?
DJ Dub Cowboy 12:38 AM - 6 November, 2009
it changed a little bit in the design stage. I think the pic on the left is an early prototype.
J.J. 1:17 AM - 6 November, 2009
Correct Dub Cowboy. These things were added to the prototype: www.skratchworx.com

Things that were added/changed to the controller:
• Temp Reverse
• Loop Cut knob moved
• Key Lock/Unlock (using shift)
• Jump to current Loop (using shift)
• Load track to sampler
• Instant Doubles
• Pitch Bend keys
• Record (using Shift + Select Knob)

1) Is there a way to copy either deck to a sampler to continue playing? Currently, the only way to do it in SSL is to use the mouse to drag and drop the deck to the sampler?

2) Why is track skip in there? It seems like a accident waiting to happen. It should default to track forward/backwards.

3) Why hasn't Serato added the ability to Jump 4 or 8 bars (seamlessly) with track forwards/backwards. Every other DJ programs offers this basic feature. Scanning forward hurts my ears and you can't seamlessly jump through the track.

I wonder if you can change the default buttons for Scratch Live. For instance, I will never use TAP button because all my files have the BPM already set. So I could override it to do a 8-Bar loop. I can do this with the DN-HC4500 controller, so I'm assuming you can do the same thing with this controller. I know you can do Shift + Browse to open up another bank, but I'm talking about the default SSL map.
eagsbfd 2:21 AM - 6 November, 2009
i am getting one, any one have a vid link of one in use? just curiousity i guess
BriChi 2:57 AM - 6 November, 2009
here is an ok one, music isn'y my taste though, lol

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Crazy Craig 6:12 AM - 8 November, 2009
I got the HC1000S up and running on 1.9.2 today.... I ran into the same issue Brichi did, though I had to figure out the problem and solution on my own.... i just barely got a link to this thread showing he had discovered the same fix..... archive the AUTO_SAVE.xml (in case you want to use your nanopad mappings again) and then delete the original. At that point, the HC1000S started working perfectly.

Still tinkering around with everyhing it can do, but digging it so far.... I *like* the heft of it and the Denon build quality.... no more chasing the lightweight nanopad all over the place.

Glad to see Denon and Serato finally collaborating on stuff (this subcontroller and HC5000 Itch controller).... hoping one day to have a natively-supported spinning platter Denon deck in my rig someday soon.... after all the heartache around not supporting the 3700's....
jblomquist 3:08 PM - 10 November, 2009
Got my DN-HC1000S yesterday from pssl.com and gave it a quick run through last night. My first impression was "I can't believe how small this thing is!", which immediately turned me against the unit. With the buttons being so small and close together, I'm certain that there will be misfires during a live set. I think Denon really dropped the ball on this by trying to minimize size and making buttons have dual functions. There is no reason that every function shouldn't have a dedicated button, instead of holding shift, etc. Maybe I'm jumping the gun on this, but I'm the type of person that feels that a product should "wow" you from the start, and that you should never feel like it's missing something.

I've been using an M-Audio Trigger Finger, and sometimes even my M-Audio Axiom25, and other than having to remember what is mapped where (I guess some stickers would help), they both have worked flawlessly. I think I'll be going back to one of those for now.

Anyone interested in a DN-HC1000S?

I have a friend that is an electrical engineer and a musician, and about a year ago I approached him with the idea of making a dedicated MIDI controller for Scratch Live. We recently went as far as to sketch out a layout, and began to purchase buttons, dials, etc. When I started seeing reports of the DN-H1000S surface, I thought we had been beaten to the punch. But now that I've actually used one, I think we will move forward with our prototype. Any input from DJs would be greatly appreciated. FYI, I want the width of the unit to be 10", and have rails so it can be hung like a TTM56 or 57SL. As for length, the final layout will provide the answer to that. My plan is to take this to Serato, and possibly have it be a branded product.
FYC / CYFA 3:20 PM - 10 November, 2009
^orale holmes...
DJ'Que 4:26 PM - 10 November, 2009
Quote:
Got my DN-HC1000S yesterday from pssl.com and gave it a quick run through last night. My first impression was "I can't believe how small this thing is!", which immediately turned me against the unit. With the buttons being so small and close together, I'm certain that there will be misfires during a live set. I think Denon really dropped the ball on this by trying to minimize size and making buttons have dual functions. There is no reason that every function shouldn't have a dedicated button, instead of holding shift, etc. Maybe I'm jumping the gun on this, but I'm the type of person that feels that a product should "wow" you from the start, and that you should never feel like it's missing something.

I've been using an M-Audio Trigger Finger, and sometimes even my M-Audio Axiom25, and other than having to remember what is mapped where (I guess some stickers would help), they both have worked flawlessly. I think I'll be going back to one of those for now.

I have a friend that is an electrical engineer and a musician, and about a year ago I approached him with the idea of making a dedicated MIDI controller for Scratch Live. We recently went as far as to sketch out a layout, and began to purchase buttons, dials, etc. When I started seeing reports of the DN-H1000S surface, I thought we had been beaten to the punch. But now that I've actually used one, I think we will move forward with our prototype. Any input from DJs would be greatly appreciated. FYI, I want the width of the unit to be 10", and have rails so it can be hung like a TTM56 or 57SL. As for length, the final layout will provide the answer to that. My plan is to take this to Serato, and possibly have it be a branded product.
so if you don't like it take it back and get ur money back. I had the crappy ass trigger finger and the big ass mpd24 and now I have the dn hc1000s. which blows them both out the water. I been using it live every since last friday and haven't hit the wrong button yet. on the trigger and mp24 I always did even with the stickers and marked tags on them. I have a 57 and do video and now my 57 controls my video effects and the denon controls the rest. the denon controler sits in front of my laptop where as my mpd24 and trigger finger sat to the right in another case which I hated. as far as serato helping you and your friend make a controller, I think not. they could make their own, without your layout. denon is a billion dollar company. and you and friend aint. big difference. but pro sound will gladly give your money back. you sell it to someone you will be selling it for cheaper, being you have to pay for shipping. try it for a week live. I bet you sell ur trigger finger.
DENON 5:51 PM - 10 November, 2009
@ jblomquist.

Sorry to hear you are not completely satisfied with this really cool device.
While I respect your opinion, I think the majority will feel otherwise.
Its well built, compact, portable to position anywhere, priced right and integrates perfectly with SSL. Give it another week, it will grow on you.
mle 6:46 PM - 10 November, 2009
Used it for a week and really like it. Anyone want a nanopad... The only thing I don't like is not being able to re-map the default MIDI layout. Is it going to be possible to remap them?
jblomquist 7:07 PM - 10 November, 2009
@DJ'QUE & @DENON:

you guys are probably right... sorry to come off so brash. I will use it at my next few gigs this week, then follow up. I agree, it is well built, and integrates very, very, well. At the end of the day, I just wish it was a little bigger.
FYC / CYFA 7:10 PM - 10 November, 2009
Quote:
@DJ'QUE & @DENON:

At the end of the day, I just wish it was a little bigger.

es lo que ella dijo!! (transalation) that's what she said... :-)
FYC / CYFA 7:12 PM - 10 November, 2009
(no homo)

Quote:
Quote:
@DJ'QUE & @DENON:

At the end of the day, I just wish it was a little bigger.

es lo que ella dijo!! (transalation) that's what she said... :-)
(no homo)
DENON 8:01 PM - 10 November, 2009
Quote:
The only thing I don't like is not being able to re-map the default MIDI layout. Is it going to be possible to remap them?

You can map anything you want on the other open 3 Midi pages.
jblomquist 8:07 PM - 10 November, 2009
LOL@FYC / CYFA

wow... I left the door wide open with that one, didn't I?
Cyberia 9:08 PM - 10 November, 2009
Do all of the lights on the buttons work on the second and third midi "pages" or presets?
mle 9:26 PM - 10 November, 2009
I know about the other 3 MIDI pages... But, I only want a couple of buttons changed on the default one. Lights didn't seem to work for the other pages but I didn't mess around with programming too long.
DENON 11:33 PM - 10 November, 2009
Correct, LED lights will not work on the other pages, because this support comes from Scratch Live.
Cyberia 12:19 AM - 11 November, 2009
Quote:
Correct, LED lights will not work on the other pages, because this support comes from Scratch Live.

any plans to make the main page programmable? Or is that a firmware setup. The lack of one button, play/pause and loosing the lights in the second page, may be a deal breaker for me... Are you saying that even if all of the presets were programmed the same on the second midi page that none of the lights would work?
mastermind 12:55 AM - 11 November, 2009
Quote:

Make it so it can sit between the mixer and the turntable
DENON 1:00 AM - 11 November, 2009
@ Cyberia
It would be up to the Serato team to decide that.
mastermind 1:05 AM - 11 November, 2009
^^nice to know that denon actually reads this post!!!
mastermind 1:09 AM - 11 November, 2009
I have been wanting to upgrade my MIDI controller. Right now im using a korg nano kontrol. I like that new midi that just came out for traktor because of where it sits in the DJ set up. I like the fact that it sits between the mixer and turntable.
Dj Ace 3:52 AM - 11 November, 2009
Maybe Serato could offer presets for the other midi pages...like for video and the soon to be released effects!
DJ'Que 8:46 AM - 11 November, 2009
Hush you're mouth Mr ace. ha ha what happened to you coming to get the video's. from me.
DJ'Que 8:52 AM - 11 November, 2009
Quote:
I went to prosound after work but the guys in there are useless pieces of shit. Stood around for 15mins at the desk and got no help at all so I left. Kind of glad I left, the more I think about it, the more I really don't need one of these. It's just an impulse buy.

But yeah, pro sound will call is a JOKE.
man you ain't never lying.when they called me to come get mines the guy at the counter was like I called you, I said no will call did then he's like it ain't in yet. I was like you need to check your stock. he did and bam their they were. then he goes oh my bad. but he stood their talking to his friend about nothing for 20 minutes.
AKIEM 10:07 AM - 11 November, 2009
Quote:

here is the one I made:
serato.com

I originally wanted to do some rotaries on it instead of that many joysticks

everything is small because I wanted to make the smallest piece of gear possible - and to match the ttm57

after the korg nanos - I havnt really continued with it
Millz 5:39 PM - 11 November, 2009
I was going to buy this new Denon controller. 2 things have stopped me from buying it. First the ability to change the midi presets on page 1 and 2. The fact that I would have to do some metal fabrication to mount this thing. Come on Denon, you guys have the right idea, lets see you guys follow thru on a MK2 :)
C. William 9:55 PM - 11 November, 2009
wow...i didn't even notice there was no play/pause button on this unit. guess i'll wait and see what the N.I. controller looks like with the SSL faceplate
DENON 11:26 PM - 11 November, 2009
@ C. William

Play/Pause is a function of your DVS decks, CD/Vinyl.
Keep in mind that this is a sub controller to all the other essential SSL features which not available from your decks. (CD/Vinyl)

However, you can freely map play/pause (and others) from MIDI pages 2-4
I’ve done just that and it works great.
C. William 11:58 PM - 11 November, 2009
gotcha. i'm interested in something to also function as a backup unit in the case of busted decks, forgotten needles, etc. still looks like a good unit though.
WarpNote 8:08 AM - 12 November, 2009
Quote:
gotcha. i'm interested in something to also function as a backup unit in the case of busted decks, forgotten needles, etc. still looks like a good unit though.

+1
When playing locations like these: www.flickr.com this makes a huuuge difference. Being able to keep my gloves on in such cold conditions a big plus. Winter is coming up and I'm lined up for a lot of events. I want to avoid dragging the MPD24 all over the mountain....
WarpNote 8:08 AM - 12 November, 2009
a big plus = is a big plus... damn no edit...
eagsbfd 6:58 PM - 12 November, 2009
there are a couple new vids up on youtube..

this guy has a few

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ'Que 7:00 PM - 12 November, 2009
all serato has to do is remap the tap for start and stop for internal mode. i would say. unless its go be for effects.
Cyberia 10:34 PM - 12 November, 2009
Quote:
all serato has to do is remap the tap for start and stop for internal mode. i would say. unless its go be for effects.

I agree. This would get me to buy one.
DJ'Que 10:50 PM - 12 November, 2009
yeah but for us using turntables it dont mean nothing for us. unless you dj in int mode all the time. the only ones complaining are the ones that use the cdjs.
Cyberia 10:53 PM - 12 November, 2009
I like to use the deck I kut on in rel. and the other deck in int. when not juggling and plain mixing. For me I like to stop the int. deck with my nanokey. Or with the hopefully reprogrammable denon unit and tap button. Not for now though.
DJ'Que 11:16 PM - 12 November, 2009
ok i see
eagsbfd 2:28 AM - 13 November, 2009
ordered mine today! will suit my needs well
mle 6:11 AM - 13 November, 2009
Quote:

That and pitch control for the left and right "loop cut" knobs using shift so you have both loop cut and pitch control. Sometimes I have simple mobile gigs that don't require me to lug out the 1200's. So my macbook, mp4, and hc1000s would be a perfect light setup.
Blazin Vybes 9:58 AM - 13 November, 2009
Quote:

im beating up my keys on my laptop n always see people having issues w/ various nno pads & tigger fingers so hoping this will still give me the controll im used too w/o the damage to my laptop keys
Blazin Vybes 10:24 AM - 13 November, 2009
Quote:
yeah but for us using turntables it dont mean nothing for us. unless you dj in int mode all the time. the only ones complaining are the ones that use the cdjs.

making the tap button would only be usefull if you decide not to bring players.
Blazin Vybes 10:27 AM - 13 November, 2009
Quote:
That and pitch control for the left and right "loop cut" knobs using shift so you have both loop cut and pitch control. Sometimes I have simple mobile gigs that don't require me to lug out the 1200's. So my macbook, mp4, and hc1000s would be a perfect light setup.

honestly for those type of gigs thats the only reason why i've been debating getting the itch controller
WarpNote 11:58 AM - 13 November, 2009
Ups arrived with DN-HC1000S a couple of hours ago, been playing with it since. Happy so far. Will be replacing my AKI MPD24
WarpNote 11:59 AM - 13 November, 2009
AKI = akai
VJ Justin Allen 12:10 PM - 13 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

honestly for those type of gigs thats the only reason why i've been debating getting the itch controller

And I have been thinking of just getting some CDJ-400's for a smaller set-up :)
Blazin Vybes 3:32 PM - 13 November, 2009
like the cdj400 setup thought bout getting those for smaller setup n 2nd system but i kno once i start w/ the cdj400s im gonna walk w/ my cdj1000 alot less
WarpNote 6:40 PM - 13 November, 2009
Preparing for my set tonight, and still liking it.
Am I the first to notice there's no Serato Logo on this product?
remp 4:34 AM - 18 November, 2009
Why the tap button so prominent ?
Personally I rarely use since program gives u bpm's with overviews? Am I missing something?
Dj Ace 4:36 AM - 18 November, 2009
maybe for future effects? you never know
Dj Spox 3:47 PM - 18 November, 2009
@Denon.

I've read all of the above and got two suggestions. Next version should have:
1 - 4 user assignable buttons and one knob simply named 1,2,3,4,5 for whatever anyone wants to assign.
2 - mode change buttons (rel/abs/int)

I think it would be a killer for any other midi controller then :)
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:16 PM - 18 November, 2009
I just want to reassign the tap button.

I hope we can get some firmware options.
Cyberia 5:25 PM - 18 November, 2009
Quote:
I just want to reassign the tap button.

I hope we can get some firmware options.

+1
Millz 5:39 PM - 18 November, 2009
as I said several weeks ago :)
Javier drada 9:04 PM - 18 November, 2009
I have one on order.
remp 12:27 AM - 21 November, 2009
Got one today from prosound through ebay

Anyone have issue with "back" & "fwd" buttons - Says it's suposed to jump cursor to track library / crate library , but when I push triggers cue point or sample which makes no sense. I am in native serato mode, so don't think I could've reassigned them.
remp 12:30 AM - 21 November, 2009
More specifically the fwd button triggers cue 2 on side b and he back button triggers sample 6 in bank - weird!
BriChi 1:00 AM - 21 November, 2009
there has been an issue with conflicting past controllers, i had an issue with mine when I got it because I previously had mappings to a nanopad. try renaming the AUTO_SAVE.xml file in the MUSIC/SCRATCHLIVE/MIDI folder to something else and see if that fixes it? Or simply rename the Midi folder to something like midi.old then open Serato. Obviously either one of these changes should be done with SSL closed
remp 1:04 AM - 21 November, 2009
yeah I had some setting from a midi thing I had used on my iphone (itm matrix) - dope little app btw ! anyway deleted .xml & seems to have solved

Thank you
DJ Eighty 8 1:06 AM - 21 November, 2009
Got mines today.....man this thing is SMALL. Pictures do the actual size no justice, but to not have to beat up your keys is a much needed thing. It is heavy and you won't have to worry about this thing sliding and flipping all over the place. Gotta go put it through it's paces.......
BriChi 1:08 AM - 21 November, 2009
Quote:
yeah I had some setting from a midi thing I had used on my iphone (itm matrix) - dope little app btw ! anyway deleted .xml & seems to have solved

Thank you

Yup, I used itm also on y iPhone, was pretty cool... Glad i could help ya out
DENON 3:53 PM - 21 November, 2009
Quote:
@Denon.

1 - 4 user assignable buttons and one knob simply named 1,2,3,4,5 for whatever anyone wants to assign.

You can do 1 & 2 now, just map away on page 2-4
remp 2:54 AM - 22 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
@Denon.

You can do 1 & 2 now, just map away on page 2-4

I think the feeling is it would be nice to map a few buttons - like the "tap' for instance - that I personally would never use, without having to remap the entire native serato layout.

I used for the first time last night and after around 4 hours of dedicated use I reallly started to like it. I was worried about navigating through songs etc, but once I figured out how to jump around and open subcrates with it it was pretty efficient.

Along the lines and the previous post, ***ONE thing I would like to have, is a button that pops the cursor into the search box, and perhaps another that pops the view to "All" in the library for QUICK SEARCHES OF ENTIRE LIBRARY. In my case, if I could just reassign the TAP buttons to do these two things it would be perfection but I don't think I could map these in 2-4 even if I wanted to :-/

Another request would be to have the "samp 1-3" & "samp 4-5" lock cue buttons to sample mode, rather than having to hold to play samples.

Obviously you're not going to be adding buttons to the thing, but if you added a few more presets in the firmware, or one that started with the native mode, but could be re mapped from there would be ideal. Most, like myself, would probably only want to tweak one or two things, but obviously would rather not have to re-map the whole thing to do it.

regardless.. great piece of gear ;-)
deezlee 9:38 AM - 22 November, 2009
apple-f to goto search box and
tab to go back to songs
DJ JuVi 3:27 PM - 22 November, 2009
I guess I found some kinf of bug, DENON - you're attention please.

First off, I love the controller. Worked live with it, ain't nothing in comparison.

Anyway, worked with it with SL 3, everything's just fine.
Connected it to another PC (let's call it PC 2) with SL 1 -> nothing's working.
connected it back to PC 1 with the SL 3 - not working! loop's red focus button is on, but the knob doesn't move it.

OPENED A NEW ONE.

Connected it to PC 1 with the SL - working.
Connected it to PC 2 with SL 1 - not working.
Connected it to PC 2 with SL 3 - working.

So... what's wrong?

Note - there is no way to indicate is the controller is connected, if the SL id's it, nothing.

What do you say?
DJ'Que 6:47 PM - 22 November, 2009
that's not a denon bug. Are you using 1.9.2 if not everything has to be mapped if you use a earlier version of scratchlive. This is plug and play. Minus on a pc you have to delete the xlm file so you don't have no conflicts.
DJ'Que 7:00 PM - 22 November, 2009
ok used the tap button a few times. It came in handy
1) it gave me a bpm for a song that don't have one, so I was able to blend songs in that bpm.
2) fuck nose ass people comeing up looking at my songs (Other DJ's) hit tap a few typed dj am
3) using tap gave me a variety of different songs bpm's to blend.
4) been using the controller for 3 weeks now. Got about 20 of my other dj friends to go get one and 20 to upgrade to 1.9.2 from 1.6 (yes) so serato and denon i m waiting on my shirts.thanks but really I love this controller (no homo ?) haha. Its everything I needed with the 57 to control my video affects. DJing video with it is omg so fun. Just need the sampler to play mp4 and it would be a wrap.
DENON 7:45 PM - 22 November, 2009
Thanks for the great feedback DJ'Que !
WarpNote 8:06 PM - 22 November, 2009
Quote:
tab to go back to songs

push library scroll knob to shift focus...
remp 5:12 AM - 23 November, 2009
Quote:
tab to go back to songs

Ahh thx, better than trackpad, but would still like to have these funtions on controller tho and just pop up to keyboard to type term. Don't think either would be mappable, would it?
WarpNote 12:20 PM - 23 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
tab to go back to songs

Ahh thx, better than trackpad, but would still like to have these funtions on controller tho and just pop up to keyboard to type term. Don't think either would be mappable, would it?

Search button in midi
Don't think that function is needed, once you wanna search, you need to use the keyboard anyway. A simple <cmd>+<f> does not slow down search IMO. Again you could always map it to another midi page....

Tab songs:
Err, did you read my post? its already there, PUSH the library scroll knob on the Denon controller (just like you would on the NS7) and it works just like the TAB button. IE: it shifts focus between the play list and crate list (and files/browse/history/prepare if any of them are active)
Try it, you'll like it :D
WarpNote 12:35 PM - 23 November, 2009
On another note, seems Denon are working with UDG to make a bag for it...
www.serato.com
DJ JuVi 3:05 PM - 24 November, 2009
Quote:
Are you using 1.9.2 [...]
Quote:

Yes...!

Something's wrong with powering the DN-HC1000 with the SL1, the way I see it.

DENON...?
DJ JuVi 3:05 PM - 24 November, 2009
^^^^ u know what i mean...!
BriChi 3:20 PM - 24 November, 2009
there has been an issue with conflicting past controllers, i had an issue with mine when I got it because I previously had mappings to a nanopad. try renaming the AUTO_SAVE.xml file in the MUSIC/SCRATCHLIVE/MIDI folder to something else and see if that fixes it? Or simply rename the Midi folder to something like midi.old then open Serato. Obviously either one of these changes should be done with SSL closed
DENON 9:15 PM - 24 November, 2009
Thanks again Brichi, I believe this tip will cure his issue.
DJSHARK 2:46 AM - 25 November, 2009
I just got mine today and it is so much easier to do things.I am just wondering if I can map the tap to a play/pause on the 1st page somehow.I didnt want to have to map everything over on page 2 just for that one feature.
WarpNote 3:08 AM - 25 November, 2009
How about implementing a "crippled" mode for the DN-HC1000S in the offline player?
I posted this feature suggestion -> serato.com
Support the feature suggestion, if you agree....

In short:
Include:
- Use the controller for browsing files, history and prepare.
- Load track to offline deck
- Lift track to prepare area
- Set Cues & Loops.
- Basic transport controls, ie fast forward/rewind, next/previous track.
Exclude:
- no pitch bend
- no custom mappings available while offline.
Tommy-V 11:37 AM - 25 November, 2009
anyone know if the DN-HC1000S can be used together with CDJ-400's or a Denon DN-HC4500 (both native in SSL) and if it'll work attached to a USB hub?

thx

T
DJ JuVi 12:01 PM - 25 November, 2009
definitley works with the CDJ 400 in midi mode. Never tryied it through hub, not that recommended.
DENON 8:06 PM - 25 November, 2009
@Tommy-V, yes works fine together with the HC4500.
Say if you push Cue-1 on the HC1000S, it will also light up Cue 1 on the HC4500, pretty cool.
bumbo08 12:53 PM - 26 November, 2009
guys am i being really thick here?

how are you supposed to DJ with this thing??

it has no button for pitch control or bend so i can't see how you mix songs? and where's the play button?

is this a standalone unit or to be used with a controller you can actually mix with?

forgive my dumbness but i just don't get it!
BriChi 3:21 PM - 26 November, 2009
it's just a midi controller to trigger cue points and loops on the fly without having to touch the laptop, It is not really meant to totally dj off of as per say a VCI unit or NS7,
DJ Eighty 8 4:05 PM - 26 November, 2009
^^.....Bing, at what he said!!!
DENON 8:07 PM - 27 November, 2009
Denon DJ Artist - DJ HARA meets the DN-HC1000S, check it out...

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj BuddyLove 12:52 AM - 28 November, 2009
nice!!
djdonniec 5:36 PM - 29 November, 2009
i am in the process to get the hc 1000s denon controller its so awsome for sure but my only concern is that i did not see anyone talk about on the sampler in 1.9.2 the sampler has volume control . does anybody know how would u it work on the hc 100 controller? where would it be map to or can it i imagine it would be map to the knobs so can someone help me on this .
thankyou very much
djdonniec
Dj Ace 8:31 PM - 29 November, 2009
you can trigger the sampler but no control of the parameters unless you select another midi group and map yourself
djdonniec 10:07 PM - 29 November, 2009
shey ace so i can go to another group and map the volume control in another group to any key or just the knobs ? so how many groups does it have ?
Dj Ace 1:03 AM - 30 November, 2009
it has four groups and you can map whatever controls you want
Dj Ace 1:03 AM - 30 November, 2009
except for the first group
djdonniec 1:43 AM - 30 November, 2009
thanks a lot ace im getting one for sure
Dj Ace 1:45 AM - 30 November, 2009
Glad I could help...very sturdy and responsive...and it lights up with ur cue points and auto loops...perfect especially when doing video with a ttm 57sl will post of vid by next week
djdonniec 2:16 AM - 30 November, 2009
so ace sounds like u have one yea the concern on it was using it on the sampler for volume control. i also do videop sl so that unit works on video as well ?
Dj Ace 5:18 AM - 30 November, 2009
its not pre-mapped for video SL but again you can midi any think you want on midi pages 2-4...also note on those pages the denon wont light up tho
Dj Ace 5:20 AM - 30 November, 2009
I use it to scroll through crates, autoloop, drop my samples, instant doubles, cue points, and etc and just leave my 57 on the video group to control the video transistions, and I also you use my efx 1000 for audio effects
djdonniec 11:32 PM - 30 November, 2009
boy that sounds awsome anyway as long as i know it will work the volume contrls on the sampler i will just put it another group.why doesnt lite up on the other groups?
Dj Ace 3:17 AM - 1 December, 2009
has something to do with the way it is written into the serato code 1.9.2
djdonniec 5:05 PM - 1 December, 2009
oh ok now do u have your hc 1000 midi to the volume controls on your sampler at all or somewhere else ?
remp 12:38 AM - 2 December, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
tab to go back to songs

Search button in midi
Don't think that function is needed, once you wanna search, you need to use the keyboard anyway. A simple <cmd>+<f> does not slow down search IMO. Again you could always map it to another midi page....

Tab songs:
Err, did you read my post? its already there, PUSH the library scroll knob on the Denon controller (just like you would on the NS7) and it works just like the TAB button. IE: it shifts focus between the play list and crate list (and files/browse/history/prepare if any of them are active)
Try it, you'll like it :D

Ah yes..Thx, only had it a day when I wrote.. Though main point of original post was to have a scene that starts with presets, but is mappable so someone could take buttons they don't use as intended and map to WHATEVER they wanted without having to map the whole board over to maintain preset functionality
Polanka 10:22 PM - 3 December, 2009
I just ordered mine today! Looking forward at replacing my Nanopad!
DENON 4:07 AM - 4 December, 2009
Congrats!
You will love it
BriChi 2:29 AM - 5 December, 2009
good video on the 1000 guys

Watchwww.youtube.com
VJ Justin Allen 3:05 AM - 5 December, 2009
Nice find!
WarpNote 6:45 PM - 5 December, 2009
Played a 2hr set last night only using my DN-HC1000S, no tables, no CDJ.
Re mapped Midi page 2: Left & Right scroll wheels for pitch, "in/out" buttons for pitch bend, "tap" button for play pause. Rest of buttons mapped to the obvious functions... You might refer to that kind of setup as microwave, but was able to run a tight set on a really bouncy stage, and very quick changeover from the previous band.

One thing though, has anyone successfully mapped the middle scroll knob to library scrolling on midi page 2,3,4 ? Of course the only reason to to this, would be to save time, not having to switch pages while playing, using the unit with no Time Code/media controller. I tried out Konix' tip "press keyboard key <C>" but to no avail. Any tips here? Denon?
DENON 4:53 AM - 6 December, 2009
@WarpNote

I have never tried that, I'll give it a go during the week.
But if we can’t, please suggest in future SL builds
BriChi 11:42 PM - 6 December, 2009
Same here Warp, No matter what "C" setting i try, the scroll wheel continues to only go up on the songs
WarpNote 12:24 AM - 7 December, 2009
Yeah, kind of similar her, BUT it is scrolling down, not up, strange....
WarpNote 12:24 AM - 7 December, 2009
her=here...
BriChi 1:32 AM - 7 December, 2009
probably depends on the first direction we went after we hit the button
pdidy 2:02 AM - 8 December, 2009
Quote:
Played a 2hr set last night only using my DN-HC1000S, no tables, no CDJ.
Re mapped Midi page 2: Left & Right scroll wheels for pitch, "in/out" buttons for pitch bend, "tap" button for play pause. Rest of buttons mapped to the obvious functions... You might refer to that kind of setup as microwave, but was able to run a tight set on a really bouncy stage, and very quick changeover from the previous band.

One thing though, has anyone successfully mapped the middle scroll knob to library scrolling on midi page 2,3,4 ? Of course the only reason to to this, would be to save time, not having to switch pages while playing, using the unit with no Time Code/media controller. I tried out Konix' tip "press keyboard key <C>" but to no avail. Any tips here? Denon?

this is a bug i already reported, its not gona be fixed until the next update (hopefully). www.serato.com
Polanka 3:57 PM - 9 December, 2009
I got mine yesterday and I love this controller. The only button I have a problem with is the TAB button. I wish they would release a new firmware to remap the tab button to the play command on MIDI page1. I hate having to remap everything just for one button.
Cyberia 4:14 PM - 9 December, 2009
Quote:
I got mine yesterday and I love this controller. The only button I have a problem with is the TAB button. I wish they would release a new firmware to remap the tab button to the play command on MIDI page1. I hate having to remap everything just for one button.

+1
Millz 4:53 PM - 9 December, 2009
this is why Im holding out. I did just spend 300 bux on new faders and a few knobs on my djm 800 thou...damn Pioneer gettin all my money :(
n:deuce 2:25 AM - 10 December, 2009
i just ordered the 1000 for christmas. however, i was comparing the 1000 to the ni kontrol x1. the one thing i liked about the x1 is the ability to individually control the volume on 6 samples. would there be a way to accomplish this with the hc1000?
DENON 4:47 AM - 10 December, 2009
Quote:
the one thing i liked about the x1 is the ability to individually control the volume on 6 samples. would there be a way to accomplish this with the hc1000?

If the volume is a mappable item, then technically yes on the open MIDI pages 2-4.
n:deuce 8:15 PM - 10 December, 2009
i am thinking that once the correct volume is established for the sample, then you probably dont have to mess with it anymore anyway. looks like the hc 1000 is getting good reviews and i am looking forward to using it.
bumbo08 12:46 AM - 11 December, 2009
so will this thing work alongside a hc4500?

i got a macbook pro which only has 2 usb ports so the hc4500 and this would need to run off a hub.

anyone had success with this (or similar) set up yet?
DENON 9:25 PM - 11 December, 2009
@ bumbo08

HC4500 + HC1000S play very nice together.

I have not tried a hub + HC1000S myself.
bumbo08 2:31 PM - 12 December, 2009
denon

how was this set up?

i have 2 usb ports - 1 for the hc4500 and one for SL1 box. there's no room for the 1000s!

how did you set yours up?
DENON 3:32 PM - 12 December, 2009
Sorry, I was using a PC with 3-ports.
DJ Prashant 9:53 PM - 23 December, 2009
@ Denon, what do u use to crossfade video/audio? I mean what mixer?
Eduardo Serrano 2:35 PM - 6 October, 2010
Has anyone been able to map page 2 just like page 1? I am having trouble with this...

1. Mapping the shift key.
2. When I map the Cues, and then I set one Cue (Cue-1) when I hit Cue-1 again, instead of jumping to that cue, it sets another cue.
3. Mapping two different buttons on the controller for the sam function (like the white button is mspped on psge 1 to open the Ssmples psge)

Any suggestions? or better yes, can I have the xml file? I want to remao page 2 identical to page 1 except for the Tap button and nex/prev buttons that I will use for VSL. thanks
n:deuce 10:48 PM - 6 October, 2010
ive tried. dont think it is possible. check denon dj forums .