Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

New Allen & Heath Itch controller maybe???

James Roberts 10:59 AM - 22 September, 2009
emkay 11:53 AM - 22 September, 2009
are you saying this because this guy (www.skratchworx.com) is "itching" to tell? :-)

in any case, that would be massive news!
emkay 12:05 PM - 22 September, 2009
hmm, small jog wheels it seems... better pic here:

img.photobucket.com
mrddyn 1:40 PM - 22 September, 2009
Hmm looks interesting. Serato should get into the 4 deck spinning so if this is an itch controller I hope it takes another year and turns out to be a true 4 decker.
Cid K 2:35 PM - 22 September, 2009
WOWOWOW this look awsome, cant wait to know more about this mysterious product.
emkay 2:55 PM - 22 September, 2009
ok I just got off the phone to someone somewhere (not gonna say more than that, other than that person *should* know because of his close link to A&H) and I was told that:

1. the xd is an ITCH controller
2. its early days
3. it will not be released at bpm
4. it will likely be released at NAMM early next year

He did not know any more specifics re features of the controller, but did confirm the fact that it is an ITCH controller!

Not sure if thats BS, but I'll believe the hype until someone official steps in and denies it all :-)
kraal 2:56 PM - 22 September, 2009
allen heath is the us distributor of the vci-300 are they not?
emkay 2:57 PM - 22 September, 2009
dx not xd
emkay 2:57 PM - 22 September, 2009
I dont know - I spoke to someone in Europe
kraal 3:04 PM - 22 September, 2009
i am not going to beleive the hype until more proof shows up.... i am thinking it is built for traktor but hey i was the one who claimed the vfx-1 was a photoshop amature job :)
Cid K 3:09 PM - 22 September, 2009
hehehehehehee
emkay 3:09 PM - 22 September, 2009
yea regarding traktor I asked him that, the guy said it is built to work with itch but you can also get it working with traktor... but he made it sound like it was specifically built for itch!
Cid K 3:10 PM - 22 September, 2009
Meh this could go on for days/months....
emkay 3:12 PM - 22 September, 2009
to be fair though, the early vfx-1 stuff did look like my grandma made it eg this:
www.djdeals.com
Cid K 3:14 PM - 22 September, 2009
That link isnt working for me.
DJdaveZ 5:49 PM - 22 September, 2009
American Music and Sound is the US dist of vestax. they were at the DJ Expo as "vestax" They do also distribute Allen & Heath Xone DJ stuff and more...
www.americanmusicandsound.com
casket hands 10:24 PM - 22 September, 2009
Antony Ellis 12:13 AM - 23 September, 2009
hmmmm, interesting.

you just know the a&h is gonna have a sweet soundcard in!!
kraal 12:19 AM - 23 September, 2009
yup
Antony Ellis 12:28 AM - 23 September, 2009
and built in effects for 2.0.......

vci 300 anyone??? :O)
kraal 12:42 AM - 23 September, 2009
too bad those jog wheels look so small
Antony Ellis 12:52 AM - 23 September, 2009
im not into scratching anyway so that wont bother me!
kraal 12:57 AM - 23 September, 2009
try i am just saying if it comes with the effect built in and extra line fader. a good platter would be cool.... ha it is never ending no perfect controller will ever exist
mrddyn 8:09 AM - 23 September, 2009
Quote:
Meh this could go on for days/months....

It will.. this topic will exceed 50 posts soon...

Anyways, Allen & Heath Itch controller... Where do I pre order? Me wants more decks though!
casket hands 8:31 AM - 23 September, 2009
we have a week and a half to wildly speculate GOGOGOGOGOGO!
James Roberts 8:37 AM - 23 September, 2009
Well i want one....
JonnyLove 11:45 AM - 23 September, 2009
Quote:
ok I just got off the phone to someone somewhere (not gonna say more than that, other than that person *should* know because of his close link to A&H) and I was told that:

1. the xd is an ITCH controller
2. its early days
3. it will not be released at bpm
4. it will likely be released at NAMM early next year

He did not know any more specifics re features of the controller, but did confirm the fact that it is an ITCH controller!

Not sure if thats BS, but I'll believe the hype until someone official steps in and denies it all :-)

Although, A&H have said it will be released at BPM and their website says it is released on the First day of BPM. So everyone down to the BPM show and check it out. The only thing I see an issue with it is yes small job wheels but that can be overcome and also it's no doubt going to be pricey
Cid K 3:16 PM - 23 September, 2009
Yeah, thats for sure, everything A&H does is expensive, but in my book is ROCK solide. I just hope those jogs will be bigger then on those XONE:3D/4D ect.

Meh ohh well, again all this is pur speculations hehehehe will see in a wek what happends.
James Roberts 3:48 PM - 30 September, 2009
Cid K 3:51 PM - 30 September, 2009
Are you sure thats REAL ?
James Roberts 3:53 PM - 30 September, 2009
James Roberts 3:59 PM - 30 September, 2009
I know one thing... Cant wait to see ITCH 2.0.. The question is.. do i sell the VCI?
Cid K 4:00 PM - 30 September, 2009
Well am asking the same question, this A&H controler looks SICKKKKKK

WOWOW
James Roberts 4:02 PM - 30 September, 2009
I wonder how much $£$£$£$
Cid K 4:03 PM - 30 September, 2009
prolly a few gran... A&H is very expensive...
Kmxorbit 4:04 PM - 30 September, 2009
They don't look as touch sensitive platters on the picture of the A&H Xone:DX if you ask me.... :-S
Cid K 4:05 PM - 30 September, 2009
yeah i was about to say that also, but u know touch sensitive like on the VCI is best for scratch dj's ect ect, honestly for me, regular mixing dj, it doesnt really make a big difference on my mix...
kraal 4:05 PM - 30 September, 2009
yeah i think we will lose the touch sesitivity on the platters but i like the controller... looks like it would be good for video :)
nik39 4:06 PM - 30 September, 2009
Wohooooooo!

Xone:dx - Professional MIDI USB Controller intergrated with 4-deck Serato ITC software

Designed by A&H in collaboration with Serato, the Xone:DX isa MIDI controller and USB soudncard with total integration for ITCH software. Boasting a huge number of MIDI control messages, inputs for external decks and two dual layer deck simulatorers, the Xone:DX is the most powerful ITCH controller on the planet. The brand new version of Serato ITCH, supploed with the DX, provides unqiue 4-deck control, and features a comprehensive set of digital DJ FX, as well as looping, time stretching and a massive number of DJ tools.

* Designed in conjunction with Serato
* Includes full version of ITCH software
* 4 channel layout with FX
* Two dual layer deck simulators
* Bi-colour LED layer assignment
* 20-channel USB 2.0 soundcard
* 24Bit/96kHz audio system
* 168 individual MIDI messages available
* ITCH includes FX, looping and time-stretching
* RIAA/phono inputs for external decks
* Mix outputs on RCA and balanced XLR
* Separate booth output
* Fully compatible with other leading DJ software
* Built-in hardware MIDI interface
* Professional modular construction
* High quality faders
* 50mm deep to feit laptop bag
nik39 4:06 PM - 30 September, 2009
Four decks!!
Cid K 4:07 PM - 30 September, 2009
INSANEEEEEEEE :-D

But i honestly cant wait to see the price tag, am jusyt hoping its under 2000$
kraal 4:09 PM - 30 September, 2009
Quote:
Four decks!!

2 from itch and 2 from external source
nik39 4:11 PM - 30 September, 2009
Sounds a bit different:
Quote:
intergrated with 4-deck Serato ITCH software
kraal 4:12 PM - 30 September, 2009
sorry i meant to put a question mark after my last post
kraal 4:13 PM - 30 September, 2009
now will the for decks only be unlocked with the xone?
Cid K 4:15 PM - 30 September, 2009
Thats another question they wont tell us until its reveiled mouahahahahaha

U know what i think, am pretty sure Serato is laughing their asses out checking all those post mouahahahhahaha

Reminds me of all the recus behind Apple products before annoucement or launch date :-P
skratchworx 4:21 PM - 30 September, 2009
I did say it was good didn't I?
Cid K 4:22 PM - 30 September, 2009
Yup :-)
casket hands 4:48 PM - 30 September, 2009
Cid K 4:50 PM - 30 September, 2009
nOICE hahahahhahaha
nik39 4:52 PM - 30 September, 2009

Haha :)
Dj Beware 6:57 PM - 30 September, 2009
Although I am assuming it still disappoints me that ITCH controllers don't have hard drives in them so I don't have to have an external hard drive, I wouldn't even mind it if I had to plug in 2 USB or USB and a firewire cables from the controller, anyways lets hope this monster lives up to the hype its going to create, can't wait to see it in action......
casket hands 7:11 PM - 30 September, 2009
I'm really friggin glad they DONT have built in HDs. I'm really glad I can use any drive I want if I needed to.
djcerla 7:19 PM - 30 September, 2009
Great product, and great news for us ITCHers.

A luxury, wildly enhanced replacement for the VCI-300.

But a very poor replacement for the NS7. I would never, ever trade a NS7 with this DX, but 100% I'm going to drop the VCI as the portable solution.
kraal 7:36 PM - 30 September, 2009
to me it is different than the ns7,vci-300 so it is not really a replacement for me.
JonnyLove 7:43 PM - 30 September, 2009
Firstly: Come in Traktor you time is up. (Well Done Serato & Allen & heath).

Secondly: 20 Channel Sound Card Holly Crap.

Thirdly: I am not looking forward to the cost of this thing. Anyone taking bets at over £1000
Cid K 7:44 PM - 30 September, 2009
Am in... i say 2400$
kraal 8:03 PM - 30 September, 2009
more speculation :) but the wording says that 'unique 4 tracks' is it possible that you need the A&H to unlock 4 decks?
casket hands 8:10 PM - 30 September, 2009
or maybe you need 2 CDJs to unlock the 3rd and 4th deck :D
kraal 8:13 PM - 30 September, 2009
ha
skratchworx 8:14 PM - 30 September, 2009
You can control 4 ITCH decks from the jogwheels. This is a true 4 channel with effects ITCH unit.
Cid K 8:14 PM - 30 September, 2009
Did you actually played on one ??
skratchworx 8:15 PM - 30 September, 2009
I've handled one, but it wasn't plugged in.
Cid K 8:17 PM - 30 September, 2009
Noice... How big is it in Real ? Alot bigger then the VCI ? Big like an Xponent ?
casket hands 8:20 PM - 30 September, 2009
can I touch your hands?
kraal 8:23 PM - 30 September, 2009
but is the for decks in itch or is it in the A&H unit only ?
DJ MDX 8:24 PM - 30 September, 2009
Quote:
Noice... How big is it in Real ? Alot bigger then the VCI ? Big like an Xponent ?

I just got back from GC and when I saw this it reminded me of exactly that, an Xponent.

I seriously hope if feels nothing like an Xponent - they feel very cheap and plasticky??

This will be much larger than an Xponent spacing looks very similar to the 4D.

I am very interested in the connections in the back - I loved my Xone:92 for all the great options on the back and damn it is still the best sound mixer I have heard to date.
DJ MDX 8:28 PM - 30 September, 2009
BTW, I don't like the Mic connections on the front of the mixer, especially between 2 buttons already sticking out. I would also prefer the headphone connection on either the far left or right side.

From the perspective of a case everything is crowded, IMO, in the middle.
skratchworx 8:36 PM - 30 September, 2009
Size wise - obviously smaller than a 4D, I'm guessing at around 310 x 410 x 50. Wild guess but gives you an idea of compactness. Maybe a wee bit crowded, but you'd soon get used to it. Quality wise is typical A&H - everything is really good.

Kraal - please explain. I'm not clear on your meaning.
Cid K 8:39 PM - 30 September, 2009
OMG sickkkkkkk! Shit now i really cant wait to try one of those...
kraal 8:47 PM - 30 September, 2009
i mean for the 4 decks is it inside the controller or ITCH
DJdaveZ 8:48 PM - 30 September, 2009
you mean is it in the GUI of itch? it'd have to be... how else would you see whats playing... lol.
kraal 8:51 PM - 30 September, 2009
no not quite my question.just like the effects wont show up without the vfx-1 will only 4 decks show up with the A&H
skratchworx 9:16 PM - 30 September, 2009
ITCH is totally tied to the hardware connected to it. If you installed ITCH on your computer and connected an NS7 without effects. If you attach a xone:DX, you'll get 4 decks and effects. That's why you only get one version of ITCH to download.
kraal 9:18 PM - 30 September, 2009
that is what i am asking. so 4 decks is an A&H exclusive?
if so this is really going to be stupid you have to choose a controlled based on what you want itch to do
skratchworx 9:20 PM - 30 September, 2009
4 decks is A&H exclusive right now, but I guarantee that someone else will do it.
Dj Kabrini Greens 9:20 PM - 30 September, 2009
Quote:

if so this is really going to be stupid you have to choose a controlled based on what you want itch to do

+1
kraal 9:25 PM - 30 September, 2009
again if so ....dumb move serato cause i will be looking towards a complete solution for my next purchase. I purchased the vci-300 early hoping for it to grow (itch that is) and if i have to play controller roulette as more features are added i can go back to virtualDJ. I hope this isnt the case
Dj Beware 9:25 PM - 30 September, 2009
Quote:
I'm really friggin glad they DONT have built in HDs. I'm really glad I can use any drive I want if I needed to.

Maybe I should have been more specific, I would like to have the choice, so basically a controller with an empty drive bay so that I can place a drive in it if I like but that would in no way stop you in using another external drive as you usually do. Its basically to save real estate in the booth, and less cables, so the drive would not be tied to the hardware it would basically be like an optional enclosure......in any case to each his own.
casket hands 9:33 PM - 30 September, 2009
here comes the torrent of "i dont want to have to pay for more features" threads. (although its a fair argument in this case.)
kraal 9:38 PM - 30 September, 2009
true but i have been on the market for something new:0 was hoping to stick with serato but we will see
djcerla 9:40 PM - 30 September, 2009
Next Big Thing = Next Big Bucks...

... imagine the flock of bargain-hunters on eBay buying your perfectly functional, almost new, unscratched, great ITCH gear for little cash, just because you're... itching for the next toy ;)
Dj Beware 9:41 PM - 30 September, 2009
Quote:
I've handled one, but it wasn't plugged in.

So do my eyes device me or from the picture the pitch looks like a knob and not a slider, if that's the case I would definitely pass on this one I think.
casket hands 9:44 PM - 30 September, 2009
Quote:

So do my eyes device me or from the picture the pitch looks like a knob and not a slider, if that's the case I would definitely pass on this one I think.

didnt notice that, interesting...
kraal 9:45 PM - 30 September, 2009
too bad i never sell old gear :)
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:10 PM - 30 September, 2009
Quote:
So do my eyes device me or from the picture the pitch looks like a knob and not a slider

Pitch is controlled by a knob but there's a row of vertical LEDs to provide visual feedback as to it's current setting.
Dj Kabrini Greens 10:13 PM - 30 September, 2009
knob sliders....lol
Dj Beware 10:17 PM - 30 September, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
So do my eyes device me or from the picture the pitch looks like a knob and not a slider

Pitch is controlled by a knob but there's a row of vertical LEDs to provide visual feedback as to it's current setting.

ahh that's how you get around having dual decks on one of set of controls, that make sense actually, when you switch decks I would assume the light will realign its itself to the pitch of the deck its focusing on.....
Serato
Dylan W 10:37 PM - 30 September, 2009
xactly.

D.
Dj Beware 10:42 PM - 30 September, 2009
well at least we know it real if Serato guys are confirming features...LOL...thanks for coming out Serato guys, any more info you want detail... :)
Dj Beware 10:44 PM - 30 September, 2009
Quote:
any more info you want detail... :)

any more info you want to detail....thats what I meant to say
Dj Kabrini Greens 10:52 PM - 30 September, 2009
Quote:

+1
DJdaveZ 11:24 PM - 30 September, 2009
of course you would have to choose a controller by what you want to do... just like you choose any equipment by what you want to do... and more features comes with a higher rice tag.. of course, just like anything in life.
kraal 11:38 PM - 30 September, 2009
not true.... if i buy traktor or virtual dj no matter what my controller is i get the same features
Rebelguy 1:00 AM - 1 October, 2009
I think Serato came up with a great solution. Will they be announcing pricing and availability at BPM?

Not sure why people would complain if they have the VC!-300 or NS7. Even if you had the option for 4 decks how would you control the volumes. They are only two channel mixers.
RiddimE 1:01 AM - 1 October, 2009
No mention of touch or pressure sensitive jog! This may be the compromise of having 4 decks?
DJ Xio 5:22 AM - 1 October, 2009
Interesting... Looking forward to pricing and availability!
PPIP 5:40 AM - 1 October, 2009
Until a year ago I used Traktor with a Faderfox DX2 controller. It has endless rotary knobs for pitch and it works great. Since you pitch digitally it is less accurate then a good old analogue pitch fader. I love my VCI-300 but since I don't use sync it's sometimes hard to get the tempo right on the spot. I play house music and like to make transitions that last more then a minute. And sometimes I use a loop that I play for several minutes next to an other song.
If the pitch knob works something like the one on the Faderfox I think it's o good choice.
DJdaveZ 6:02 AM - 1 October, 2009
Quote:
not true.... if i buy traktor or virtual dj no matter what my controller is i get the same features

not really... you have them as options without controllers, but when you are in the act of DJing... how much do you really want to use your mouse to control your DJ software?
i've played around with virtual dj before... its a lot more than the standard DJ would need.. but you have to use your mouse for everything... :( since using itch, i wouldnt want to use anything that didnt have a 1 to 1 design...

my point was... before software, when deciding what mixer to buy, you decide if you want effects, what effects you want, if you want beat effects or one speed effects... which usually means more money. if you wanted a sampler, you had to buy a sampler... more money.

the way i look at it is... when i bought the vci with itch, i bought it for what it did. not for what it might someday do... i wouldnt expect to get more functionality without paying more.
kraal 6:11 AM - 1 October, 2009
well that is where i differ sorta... i did buy ithe vci-300 for what it can do and am happy....
what i am saying is this.example-- the A&H controller comes out but for me it doesnt work so normally i would get a controller that works. but wait i get a CONTROLLER that work but now the SOFTWARE doesn't have the features i need or want. so now i am being forced to buy a controller which i do not want in order to get features in the software i want.....
Rebelguy 6:21 AM - 1 October, 2009
Quote:
well that is where i differ sorta... i did buy ithe vci-300 for what it can do and am happy....
what i am saying is this.example-- the A&H controller comes out but for me it doesnt work so normally i would get a controller that works. but wait i get a CONTROLLER that work but now the SOFTWARE doesn't have the features i need or want. so now i am being forced to buy a controller which i do not want in order to get features in the software i want.....

What features are you missing?
marcA 8:33 AM - 1 October, 2009
at least it is officiall now...
wonder if the new sync will have its effect on existing hardware also
and if the new beatgrid will be unlocked without Xone...
nik39 9:13 AM - 1 October, 2009
Official announcement

www.serato.com

... beatgrid! Nice.

Just curious... the announcement mentions 4 ITCH manufacturer... I only count 3: Vestax, Numark, A&H. Who is the 4th?
Serato
Dylan W 9:18 AM - 1 October, 2009
Denon.

serato.com

Dylan.
nik39 9:19 AM - 1 October, 2009
Doh! Thanks.
chakktheripper 9:24 AM - 1 October, 2009
awesome .. just awesome .. i love the look and the feeling of A&H hardware + i love ITCH. this combo is definitely and absolutely my choice !!
I1Kirm 9:30 AM - 1 October, 2009
Well,

that was a slap in the face... I am truly considering dropping my NS7 order. Sure NS7 is a totally different beast but 4 decks with effects, beatgrid and 20 channels (so like 10 stereo) in one controller is something you can't really resist. Unless of course you are a scratch dj, but i am not. ETA anyone?

It makes you wonder though what will Numark and Vestax think to harness the power and features of itch 2. Obviously Vestax has already thought about the effects but how about 4 decks and beatgrid. I am now even more anxious about Numark's announcements during weekend.
marcA 9:38 AM - 1 October, 2009
i haven't received my NS7 either...so i still can cancel...but than again, i expect this to be far more expensive than the NS7
and i'm no pro whatsoever
it is very appealing though
seratosnatch 10:34 AM - 1 October, 2009
Wow..sick.I just saw it was a real 4 deck machine.
So basically the VCI-300 / NS7 will only be 2 deck compatable and newer hardware like the DX will run the new Itch 4 deck (2.0?) ? I was dreaming of this last year. I am happy for Serato to climb to really pro levels.!! Looks wicked!
Hoothoot 10:47 AM - 1 October, 2009
Its gonna be good but looks SHIT !!!!
skratchworx 11:09 AM - 1 October, 2009
Antony Ellis 11:23 AM - 1 October, 2009
Hmmm, £999.......

Do i get the VCI sold now!?!?!
kraal 12:39 PM - 1 October, 2009
thanks skratchworx :)
marcA 12:42 PM - 1 October, 2009
i'm about to cancel my NS7
the DX is actually less money than the NS7
with integrated FX and 4 decks

Numark, you should really jump in and give me some reason to not cancel my NS7
i'm not into scratching....so i don't really need that feature

so....really...i do not feel good at this moment....
kraal 12:44 PM - 1 October, 2009
then cancel get the controller that works for you.
Antony Ellis 1:15 PM - 1 October, 2009
errm...marc A.

id be feeling good....
kraal 1:17 PM - 1 October, 2009
but remember numark says all features new and old will be available on the ns7
marcA 1:18 PM - 1 October, 2009
errm...why?
i'm totally not sure if i can cancel my order...
and i'm totally not sure if any of the announced items on the DX ad will be accessable with the NS7...
marcA 1:20 PM - 1 October, 2009
the NS7 does have the *LOOKS*
it is beatiful
but the DX has all the features and more...
wish i had waited a bit longer
skratchworx 1:20 PM - 1 October, 2009
While the NS7 doesn't explicitly support 4 channels, I suppose it's possible via modifiers. But seeing as ITCH is uniquely tied to the hardware, it may not be enabled for non-4 deck units. But effects will be handled in external hardware that'll probably be shown at the BPM show.
kraal 1:21 PM - 1 October, 2009
most of them will be available ... only thing in question will be 4 decks. all other features of 2.0 i am sure will be available ... however some of the features you are reading are hardware based
marcA 1:27 PM - 1 October, 2009
that's the point
the NS7 here is €1400, add an external controller for the FX at lets say €300 and you don't even have the same functionality of the DX at €1200
so while i still like the looks of it, it is a huge price difference
and i'm not quite sure all of the new features will be available, how will the beatgrid be operated? looking at the pics of the DX one could conclude that the DX has buttons for it, *but this is strictly guessing i'm doing, in no way i know anything for sure*

just wished i didn't ordered already...till i know the reality for sure....
Antony Ellis 1:29 PM - 1 October, 2009
lets face it...everything is POSSIBLY available on each of the ITCH units but it all comes at extra cost and no matter what the case is, somebody, somewhere is never gonna be happy!

if we all waited for the next big thing to come out we would never have any gear!!
djcerla 1:30 PM - 1 October, 2009
Quote:
how will the beatgrid be operated?

you don't need to "operate" a beatgrid while performing... only to tweak it, if necessary, when preparing
Antony Ellis 1:30 PM - 1 October, 2009
if you want 4 decks and are not bothered about scratching then why not wait for the A&H?

like you say, more features less bucks!
djcerla 1:34 PM - 1 October, 2009
Quote:
more features

... more plastic :)
kraal 1:34 PM - 1 October, 2009
Quote:
that's the point
the NS7 here is €1400, add an external controller for the FX at lets say €300 and you don't even have the same functionality of the DX at €1200

you can also reverse that cause the DX doesnt have the same functionality as the NS7, or the VCI-300
marcA 1:35 PM - 1 October, 2009
cause i already ordered
and the second reason is that no doubt the NS7 will see a price drop when this DX hits the streets (again an assumption on my side)
marcA 1:36 PM - 1 October, 2009
hi kraal,
please explain as to how the DX does not have the same func as the NS7 (platters i suppose) or the VCI?
Antony Ellis 1:40 PM - 1 October, 2009
so are you gonna hang around till Numark finally decide to drop the price...if they do?

the vci was £500 gbp when it came out....its over £600 now..........you thing the release of the A&H is gonna make it £400???

i doubt it!
djcerla 1:42 PM - 1 October, 2009
marcA

how can you compare those 2 machines? they are so deeply different that can't be compared IMHO.

what's your DJ style? what are your needs? You look very confused. Don't assume that more features = better product, more excitement. You may find that IT'S JUST THE OPPOSITE!

Look at the iPod: it won with LESS features than the competitors, but great ease of use and ergonomy. The A&H looks like a pain in the ass to me as far as ergonomy and pleasure of use are concerned.
skratchworx 1:43 PM - 1 October, 2009
The VCI-300 has scratchable semi-platters, and the NS7 has full on direct drive vinyl rocking platters. The xone:DX (as far as I'm aware) only has simple jog wheels for pitch bending. It's a huge but extremely important difference, and one that probably effected the licencing price too.
marcA 1:44 PM - 1 October, 2009
Skratchworx,
the jog on the DX says 'pitch bend / scrub skip'
what is 'scrub' (i see a button called that also)
and i suppose there is no skratch function at all on the DX?
tia
skratchworx 1:46 PM - 1 October, 2009
Scrub probably means skipping through a track rapidly, like in 5 second lumps. And no, I don't believe this will scratch.
marcA 1:46 PM - 1 October, 2009
hi djcerla,
yes i'm confused, gonne let it rest for now :)
my style...none :), like is said before, i'm merely amusing myself (or bothering myself)
but you got a good point there, the more buttons the harder to master!
marcA 1:47 PM - 1 October, 2009
thx skratchworx
kraal 1:48 PM - 1 October, 2009
marcA --- skratchworx answered for me

but i even have a vci-300 and use the ns7 at a club they have different features based on the hardware itself.

the totalcontrol also has scrub it just means using the jobwheels to advance through the track instead of affecting the pitch
marcA 1:51 PM - 1 October, 2009
scrub is like skip then, but only faster?
not quite sure if i understand correctly..
DJ Xio 1:53 PM - 1 October, 2009
See the Xone:DX unveiled at the BPM show, NEC, Birmingham, 3-4 October 2009.

Suggested retail price is £999 and shipping will commence in November 2009.

Shipping in November according to gearjunkies... Can anybody confirm this???
kraal 1:55 PM - 1 October, 2009
Quote:
scrub is like skip then, but only faster?
not quite sure if i understand correctly..

no it is spinning the jog wheel and the position you are in the track moves forward or backward as you move the jog wheel
marcA 2:00 PM - 1 October, 2009
hi kraal,
like the bleep on the NS7 then, but in both directions...
kraal 2:02 PM - 1 October, 2009
no like spinning a record on a turntable to get to that spot on a record
marcA 2:05 PM - 1 October, 2009
now i'm totally confused ...
what is skip then?...
carl-v 3:31 PM - 1 October, 2009
I love to see ITCH evolve because I believe in technological innovations and in the ITCH concept so props to these companies who is investing in this partnerships!

But I still love my VCI and will keep it as long as it works, I don’t consider the VCI as out of date, because it’s all about the music and the VCI and the NS7 handles that perfectly in my opinion.
Peace!
kraal 3:34 PM - 1 October, 2009
carl-v i agree with you after all my ranting earlier i do see as a buisiness model why serato would need to do what it is doing with the different type of controller and features. but what they need now is a serato hub so you can string together different controllers :)
carl-v 4:32 PM - 1 October, 2009
Kraal, I agree great Idea!
Serato
Dylan W 9:48 PM - 1 October, 2009
Hey Guys,

Srub/Skip are two different modes for navigating through the track, srcub is more like fast forward where as skip is a quantized jump forward or backward in beat increments so that the track stays in time while you navigate through it.

Yes, the Xone DX does feature dedicated controls for maniplulating the beat grid, you will be able to set and manipulate beat markers from the hardware using buttons and the jog wheels. This will allow allow easy beat grid mapping for songs with changing tempo without touching the computer. The sync function will also use the beat grid to keep tracks in time.

The VCI, NS7 and Xone DX are all very different beasts. The platters on the VCI and NS7 for example are much more suited for Scratching or turntablist manipulation where as the Xone jog wheels are much more for pitch bending and getting the track in time.
Each ITCH controller has it's own flavour and strengths and as people have mentioned above I think it's about choosing the one that suits your style, not necesarily the one with the most stuff on it. That said, I like stuff, quite a lot actually.

Dylan.
mrddyn 10:05 PM - 1 October, 2009
Hey Dylan, when will we hear more about the actual beast itself? Itch 2.0 that is?

Pretty great machine anyway, or looks like it.
kraal 11:00 PM - 1 October, 2009
so the vci-300 and ns7 wont have beat grid???
Serato
Dylan W 11:07 PM - 1 October, 2009
The VCI-300, HC 5000 and NS-7 do not have dedicated hardware controls for beat grid manipulation but they do all feature SYNC.

In the next release of ITCH they will be able to use the beat grid for their sync fucntions to provide more advanced track syncing and some other future possibilities. You will be able to edit the beat grid from your computer for use with the NS7, VCI-300 or HC 5000.

D.
kraal 11:08 PM - 1 October, 2009
got it :)
carl-v 11:09 PM - 1 October, 2009
I love serato!
kraal 11:10 PM - 1 October, 2009
you by chance dont want to comment on the availability of 4 decks on the vci-300 or ns7 do you ? ;)
wadup 1:00 AM - 2 October, 2009
dylan does itch 2.0 has a sampler or not?
wadup 1:29 AM - 2 October, 2009
reason i'm asking is because i don't want to shell out $100 to buy kueit pro then come find out serato has it, some might say wait and see. but why wait when it can be answer now, instead of wasting time when i can be using a professional sampler
kraal 1:32 AM - 2 October, 2009
still wait and see cause even if the answer is yer then there is no telling if the sampler is what you want. and another view is if kueit will work for you the just get kueit
casket hands 1:37 AM - 2 October, 2009
wait till the weekend at least I would say. chances are it will be along at some point if its not announced right at the moment.
wadup 1:37 AM - 2 October, 2009
well i have no choice but to get kueit if it's not in this release.. don't think i can wait another 3 months for the next release. i guess you be using somehting else too for ur sampler right?
kraal 1:44 AM - 2 October, 2009
wadup this really isnt the thread to go into detail.. start a new thread and others i am sure can give you ideas as to what to do until itch has a sampler
Dj Beware 2:45 AM - 2 October, 2009
Quote:
reason i'm asking is because i don't want to shell out $100 to buy kueit pro then come find out serato has it, some might say wait and see. but why wait when it can be answer now, instead of wasting time when i can be using a professional sampler

You can use Soundboard www.ambrosiasw.com $29 works just as well if not better than KUEIT

Soundplant is free but is not MIDI assignable but it can monitor keyboard keys in the background, search through the forum there are tons of threads regarding alternatives to KUEIT
Serato
Dylan W 2:53 AM - 2 October, 2009
Hey Guys,

ITCH 2.0 will not feature a sampler, the SP-6 in Scratch Live is a cool feature but it would fundamentally break the 1 to 1 mapping of ITCH to introduce a feature that the hardware does not have controls for.

We would like to work out a plan to bring these kind of features to ITCH without additional hardware in future but it will require breaking the one to one mapping and adding things like midi mapping which ITCH currently does not support and will not support in 2.0.

So, that said. ITCH devices work as soundcards, Ableton Live uses soundcards and has a pretty badass sampler in it. In a lot of scenarios you can already use ableton live as a sampler at the same time as running ITCH, it doesn't work with all ITCH hardware on all platforms (it doesn't work with VCI-300 or HC 5000 on windows) but it's a good way for a lot of users to combine the two products already. We're working on some really cool stuff with ableton at the moment and what we are unveiling in january will work with ITCH as well when it is released.

I hope that answers some questions and gives people some ideas and options.

Cheers
Dylan.
kraal 3:00 AM - 2 October, 2009
geee and we thought waiting till bpm was alot now we need to wait till january..... well off to book some holiday parties to make the time go faster
wadup 3:10 AM - 2 October, 2009
thanks dylan, this made things much clearer and understanding for most dj, i don't feel bad at all, now that you explain things.
Cid K 3:16 AM - 2 October, 2009
I still dont understand why we can get a sampler for Itch. In SSL it doesnt uses midi at all, it's straight keyboard controled... WTF is all this non sense of breaking the one to one mapping..

At least give us a way to assing keyboard short cuts like in SSL. For maybe 1-2 sampler bank. This is one feature am pretty sure alot of us is missing.

Ok sure to add another software, this means more memory needed, and then stability takes a dump,
casket hands 3:24 AM - 2 October, 2009
think about users that might jump into the market in a year or two if you start assigning too many shortcuts and dual-features. hold alt+ctrl+H and swipe across the track pad left to right to turn on Filter. tapping alt+ctrl+H and swiping trackpad loads deck 6, tapping and swiping right to left loads deck 5.
Cid K 3:25 AM - 2 October, 2009
Naw i was just talking about Sampler features... Of course you cant control FX from a keyboard that would be suicide.
kraal 3:32 AM - 2 October, 2009
Quote:
WTF is all this non sense of breaking the one to one mapping..

basically for them one to one mapping means controller to software... not keyboard to software :(
Cid K 3:35 AM - 2 October, 2009
Well again, thats fookin stupid, theres is already keyboard short cuts in Itch... How much trouble can that be to add 4 more for a sampler...

MY GOD what is all this S#$@#
DJ.AJ 3:45 AM - 2 October, 2009
lol @CID K

feel you bro.

reading between the lines, sounds like a certainty that early adopters of ITCH will have to buy additional hardware for new features like effects / sampler ? Is anyone else hearing this ?
Cid K 3:50 AM - 2 October, 2009
Thanks for the support, am just fed up with the "well we cant add that" for what stupid reason..

Am i the only one thinking the way i think ?? I mean i cant be alone wanting a sampler right ? Am i too dumb or something ? Al this doesnt make no sense to me.
casket hands 3:56 AM - 2 October, 2009
well, you got your answer of why, and solutions if you want to try something else. you arent going to logic them into changing it for you.

lets just wait and see what comes from the ableton announcement. until then, external samplers always do the trick and you an usually resell them fairly easily.
Cid K 3:57 AM - 2 October, 2009
Yeah i guess... :-)
marcA 6:36 AM - 2 October, 2009
i still find it very very hard to decide which controller suits best...
i like stuff to...
NS7 with integrated FX and beatgrid control would be easy to choose
oh well
like one said, never pleased i guess :)
WarpNote 7:05 AM - 2 October, 2009
Patience, Cid K......
January and Ableton is not that far away. Also:
Quote:
I still dont understand why we can get a sampler for Itch. In SSL it doesnt uses midi at all, it's straight keyboard controled
That's not correct, The sampler in SSL is indeed midi assignable. Actually you will find that using keyboard shortcuts in SSL have more/longer latency than midi. I'd expect the same in ITCH.

Quote:
Ok sure to add another software, this means more memory needed, and then stability takes a dump,
I gotta tell you, I have been using sampler software with SSL for almost 3 years, and never had a "dump". From what I can tell ITCH is quite stable these days. I would be confident running a light sampler application along with it. Then again, when january comes, you can go all "serableton" :-)
kraal 8:43 AM - 2 October, 2009
marcA that is why i am saying there needs to be an itch hub so you can string controllers together
DJdaveZ 9:43 AM - 2 October, 2009
its "serableto" btw... ;)
Hoothoot 11:00 AM - 2 October, 2009
4 deck itch looks cool...

www.djtechtools.com
Cid K 12:40 PM - 2 October, 2009
Waprnote: Yeah i guess your right.
Crox 6:53 PM - 2 October, 2009
thats one strange looking pitch control. I always beatmatch manually and using a knob instead of the good ol' slider would take some gettin used to..It may even make things easier..who knows..will have to wait till some promo vids pop up from A&H.
JonnyLove 7:31 PM - 4 October, 2009
Played with this at BPM loved everything about this and I mean everything they covered all bases it's perfect. (Well for me anyway).

I'll clear up 2 things. No rubber buttons all hard plastic.

The pitch control is perfect. The issue with sliders is that you cannot get perfect pitch but with a rotary knob they have. The pitch works as such 00.00 and go up in 00.01% increments (to move larger push down on the knob and turn otherwise it will take for ever to get to 01.00%). All this means is that you get the most accurate pitch alteration possible. (How often have you had to use pitch bend to keep in time because you can't get the pitch to match using the slider because it just wont' go that close. Well now you can)

one word sums it up. Awsome
ThaFunk 12:42 AM - 5 October, 2009
Are there sync buttons? How is this going to work with the beatgrid? :)
kraal 2:46 AM - 5 October, 2009
a little earlier for that if the software isnt 100%
Crox 6:33 AM - 5 October, 2009
Quote:

The pitch control is perfect. The issue with sliders is that you cannot get perfect pitch but with a rotary knob they have.

Im gonna have to try it out myself..sounds a lil too good to be true. but hey, Im all for it, as long as it helps me find that sweet spot faster.
PPIP 6:52 AM - 5 October, 2009
Quote:

The pitch control is perfect. The issue with sliders is that you cannot get perfect pitch but with a rotary knob they have. The pitch works as such 00.00 and go up in 00.01% increments (to move larger push down on the knob and turn otherwise it will take for ever to get to 01.00%).

Sounds exactly like the rotary pitch control that I loved about my Faderfox DX2!
Dj Beware 10:50 AM - 5 October, 2009
What would be nice is the AH DX "Itchy" and "Scratchy" Edition....LOL......So basically integrate the ScratchLive SL1 or 3 interface into the mixer like the TTM 57SL. So the unit literally becomes your 1 and only. So you can plug in your vinyl turntables or CD Players and control via time code or a native MIDI/HID controller like the CDJ 2000 or CDJ 400 using ScratchLive, and still be able to use the filters and loop controls on the deck. Or just use the DX with no additional controllers and use it with ITCH. That way no matter what equipment they have in the venue, you could hook up the DX in multiple configurations.

Anyway just a thought....:)
DJ MDX 1:47 AM - 7 October, 2009
So every picture I have seen has the waveforms in Horizontal position - Can we still put them in Vertical Position for four deck mixing?

I prefer Vertical over Horizontal.
kraal 2:02 AM - 7 October, 2009
nice question
Cid K 12:41 PM - 7 October, 2009
Theres probably a way, like with the now 2 deck mode.
DJ MDX 12:56 PM - 7 October, 2009
I would think so but that also mean the EFX's GUI strip either has to follow or it is static at the bottom of the screen right above the waveforms when horizontal.

If you notice in screen shots of the effects they all seem to be in the same place so far for all 3 units.

Can a Serato Mod please chime in?
Cid K 1:00 PM - 7 October, 2009
ohh right, didnt think about that... Well me i always use that horizontal view, since it's more natural for the eyes to look down real quick then to look side ways on a vertical strip.
DJ MDX 1:05 PM - 7 October, 2009
Yeah, I never got used to Horizontal, I have been an SSL user since day one and have been on Vertical since day one - horizontal is now "unnatural" to me....lol
skratchworx 1:34 PM - 7 October, 2009
I can't imagine for a minute that ITCH will lose the ability to switch waveforms. Just how it will look is a different matter. I actually prefer horizontal anyway. The human brain naturally works left to right anyway.
DJ MDX 1:36 PM - 7 October, 2009
@skratchworx........lmao who said I was human.....lol
skratchworx 1:50 PM - 7 October, 2009
You should all stop being lazy and simply tilt your heads 90°.
I1Kirm 2:35 PM - 7 October, 2009
Quote:
I can't imagine for a minute that ITCH will lose the ability to switch waveforms. Just how it will look is a different matter. I actually prefer horizontal anyway. The human brain naturally works left to right anyway.

How about Israelis and Arabs and others that read right to left? There are also languages that are read and written in vertical direction (e.g. Traditional Chinese). There is no such thing as "human brain naturally works left to right". It depends on how you have learned to intercept written text and other visual information.
It is true though that almost all applications and of course OSes are optimized for left to right usage. But this is mostly because it was created from people used to left to right processing and not because this is the optimal for the human brain.
DJ.AJ 6:26 PM - 7 October, 2009
dang the boards are getting deep today
kraal 6:28 PM - 7 October, 2009
i'm just deeply bored
Cid K 7:15 PM - 7 October, 2009
Yup am bored tooo, long ass day today!
DJ.AJ 8:16 PM - 7 October, 2009
lol, we are all in good company. I'm watching the clock !!
DJ.AJ 8:16 PM - 7 October, 2009
waiting to get home to my NS7. maybe stop at guitar center and beg for the nsfx release date
Cid K 8:17 PM - 7 October, 2009
lollolol :-)
kraal 8:20 PM - 7 October, 2009
Quote:
waiting to get home to my NS7. maybe stop at guitar center and beg for the nsfx release date

see if they even know what it is :)
DJ.AJ 8:22 PM - 7 October, 2009
i have called them already and they didn't know what it was. i had to tell them to go to the numark website. they didn't know about the AH Controller either. Not very much help.
Cid K 8:26 PM - 7 October, 2009
mouahahahahahhaha my god.... thats insane.
Serato
Dylan W 8:40 PM - 7 October, 2009
Hey guys,

The new units will still have a vertical option for the waveforms. There will also be a no waveforms view available at some point soon too.

Cheers
D.
kraal 8:43 PM - 7 October, 2009
hmmmm no waveforms that is either for the ns7 or maybe turntables???
Cid K 8:53 PM - 7 October, 2009
Nice, so you can turn it off on the fly ? Like a switch mode just like on Traktor ?
Serato
Dylan W 8:58 PM - 7 October, 2009
The Xone DX has a dedicated button to toggle the no waveforms view, on the other hardware it will either be done with a key combo or mouse click.

D.
Cid K 8:58 PM - 7 October, 2009
SWeeeet, thats fantastic. Hurray for new features FTWWW
DJ.AJ 8:58 PM - 7 October, 2009
what happened to the 1 to 1 mapping ?

sorry couldn't resist.
Cid K 8:59 PM - 7 October, 2009
hahahaha noice almost forgot about that one...
DJ.AJ 9:05 PM - 7 October, 2009
fx in january ? oh, hell to the nah

www.vestaxdj.hu
kraal 9:05 PM - 7 October, 2009
Quote:
what happened to the 1 to 1 mapping ?

sorry couldn't resist.

shhhhhhhhhh!!!!! maybe they will forget too :)
Cid K 9:06 PM - 7 October, 2009
:-P
Dj Kabrini Greens 9:16 PM - 7 October, 2009
Quote:
fx in january ? oh, hell to the nah

www.vestaxdj.hu

Kinda irritating that we find out more from these foreign sites than the forums where we should have support first hand.
DJ.AJ 9:19 PM - 7 October, 2009
not gonna wait to january. was hoping to have this for a holloween gig. i have 2 back to back and the effects would just be right on time. i swear its time to give traktor or VDJ a look. at least i'll have some backup software for my PC laptop as well.
Dj Kabrini Greens 9:20 PM - 7 October, 2009
+1 (sorry i feel strongly about that)
kraal 9:30 PM - 7 October, 2009
you guys make me laugh :)
there is just the same amount of info on vestax's official website
ci.vestax.com
and of course a foreign company will get it after us.
no one said you would have it before haloween but it WILL be out in Q4 like the website says :)
and if you do go to VDJ be ptrepared for the mods on thier website to yell at you and look your thread when you ask for help :)
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:33 PM - 7 October, 2009
Quote:
Kinda irritating that we find out more from these foreign sites than the forums where we should have support first hand.

First of all this a Serato website and the VFX-1 is a Vestax product.

Secondly, serato.com
Dj Kabrini Greens 9:36 PM - 7 October, 2009
lol ChrisD you have no idea how much you shut me up with that link I didnt even see that. Im not proud enuff to not admit when Im wrong so I apologize. Continue the excellent support. cheers!
kraal 9:39 PM - 7 October, 2009
^^ HA
DJ.AJ 9:58 PM - 7 October, 2009
Well, i'm hard headed. I don't see the point about this being a Serato - Site when vestax is one of your best partners and we talk about the VCI 300, NS7, AH and all that stuff. what would itch be without a controller - uh traktor with no effects ?

and i am not in JAPAN so the 16th still didn't help me for holloween.

so HA
kraal 10:06 PM - 7 October, 2009
if you needed something for haloween then you should be shopping what is currently available not what may possible be available.... but that is another story. Plus how are you sure you will even like the effects ?
by the way my HA was dedicated to mr greens cause i laughed at what he said
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:11 PM - 7 October, 2009
Quote:
and i am not in JAPAN so the 16th still didn't help me for holloween.

Fair enough. But you have an answer, right? Not the one you wanted to hear, but an answer nonetheless.
DJ.AJ 10:12 PM - 7 October, 2009
ah, chris,

i was merely sharing info. i have an ns7 so i need/want the nsfx which there is not date posted on serator.com. thx for the help though.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:19 PM - 7 October, 2009
Cool :-)

My point about this being a Serato website is that, ultimately, when you buy a piece of hardware it comes from Vestax or Numark or A & H or whoever.

It comes from their production facilities and is delivered through their distribution channels. Of course we work closely with our hardware partners but, for final shipping dates in particular, the final word comes from the hardware guys.

We will however do our best to keep you guys up to date will all relevant news and information.
Cid K 10:27 PM - 7 October, 2009
Amen to that!
JonnyLove 12:30 PM - 8 October, 2009
Ok now I'm dissapointed. Decks.co.uk saying stock fo the Xone:DX wont' be in until the end of November.

I understand this is not a Serato issue but though I would just share the information.

But I will say. I hate it when companies release new products with out actually releasing them. It just means we can't get what we want and could force me (and others) to look else where.
kraal 3:18 PM - 8 October, 2009
so you would rather not know about any new product until the day it is on the shelf?
JonnyLove 7:32 PM - 8 October, 2009
No I'm just impatient.
JonnyLove 2:42 PM - 9 October, 2009
Just had an email from my local A&H supplier and they have advised me it will not be with A&H ready to ship until 16/12/09 for the first batch. pre orders are through the roof so a chance of being the first to get one will be almost impossible. So for me it's either wait until next year or get the vestax. Oh I hate these desissions.
Cid K 2:57 PM - 9 October, 2009
Just wait buddy :-) I know how it is when we want that Latest new Shinny Toy, but if you already have a working setup and all, just wait abit more. Maybe even price will drop and all. You never know.
kraal 3:07 PM - 9 October, 2009
wait but also take the time to make sure you know what you want. If you are deciding between the two then you need to see what it actually is that you need/want the go from there
Cid K 3:11 PM - 9 October, 2009
Exactly. @Jonny Me too i always want the latest toys and gadgets, but sometimes its more about the actual NEED, alot of us are djing every week end, and it's our main tool's. Sometimes you just got to stay with what works for you and what setup you feel comfortable on.
JonnyLove 3:21 PM - 9 October, 2009
Yeah I Supose (But I really hate my Denon HD-2500 since my last spat with Denon customer services (They really are crap). Although I do actually enjoy using the unit). I really wanted the Vestax as I like the layout, feel and the ability to to use the jog wheels. But then A&H came on the scene with this new toy which to me feels great, I imidiatly felt comfortable using it at BPM and everythign was fine. Until this bit of news.
Antony Ellis 3:34 PM - 9 October, 2009
The price wont drop.....
Cid K 3:34 PM - 9 October, 2009
But then again, it kinda sucks that it will be ready end of 2009 and maybe ship for 2010 but theres nothing else you can do... the waiting time is a pain i know trust me.

If we are lucky we will be able to have it before, if not, then we wait :-)
DJ.AJ 4:06 PM - 9 October, 2009
and wait..., and wait...., and wait...
Cid K 4:19 PM - 9 October, 2009
Well you know, there's nothing more we can do right ?
DJ.AJ 4:22 PM - 9 October, 2009
nope
DJ.AJ 4:23 PM - 9 October, 2009
except bitch and moan to each other. i don't know about u guys but venting makes me feel better.
Antony Ellis 4:45 PM - 9 October, 2009
so we have to put up with another 2 to 3 months of this!?!?!
kraal 4:45 PM - 9 October, 2009
DJ AJ we are here for you, we are here for you
DJ.AJ 5:00 PM - 9 October, 2009
Quote:
so we have to put up with another 2 to 3 months of this!?!?!
lmao
my frustation is mainly that we DO NOT KNOW how long otherwise i could plan and wait accordingly.
kraal 5:01 PM - 9 October, 2009
Quote:

my frustation is mainly that we DO NOT KNOW how long .

i bet serato and A&H are saying the same thing
DJ.AJ 5:02 PM - 9 October, 2009
i do have an interesting question - well at least i think it's interesting.

is the hardware (controllers) driving the software or vice versa and what should be driving what ?
kraal 5:04 PM - 9 October, 2009
i would think it is a give and take....
serato says : here is our software.
Hardware company says : i would like to have this on the controller

but i really think software comes first. i mean remember the mystery buttons on the ns7.
Cid K 5:16 PM - 9 October, 2009
It's still in the GREY as of what will do what and when it will be ready...
skratchworx 7:11 PM - 9 October, 2009
It's not like you have options. The only thing you can do is wait and buy it when it comes out.
Cid K 7:14 PM - 9 October, 2009
Yup that's exactly what am trying to say :-) Even me, i cant wait to know the price of the DX unit, and of course the ship dates.
DJ.AJ 7:51 PM - 9 October, 2009
sure there are options. just not any that we may consider immediate. which to me says fx are not really going to stop us from performing or being profitable.
Cid K 8:02 PM - 9 October, 2009
Exactly.
emkay 10:11 PM - 12 October, 2009
I wonder if the price (USD 1600 / EUR 1100 / GBP 1000 according to the net) is introductory only - it would be quite a bit cheaper than other A&H products with a similar feature set/ functionality... VCI-300 also got more expensive after the initial period...

Kinda sux, Im seriously considering NOT buying the vfx-1 now, and wait for the DX instead. Ahh, the choices we have to make :-)
czar 5:06 PM - 16 October, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

How about Israelis and Arabs and others that read right to left? There are also languages that are read and written in vertical direction (e.g. Traditional Chinese). There is no such thing as "human brain naturally works left to right". It depends on how you have learned to intercept written text and other visual information.
It is true though that almost all applications and of course OSes are optimized for left to right usage. But this is mostly because it was created from people used to left to right processing and not because this is the optimal for the human brain.

love that love that
czar 5:08 PM - 16 October, 2009
Quote:
The Xone DX has a dedicated button to toggle the no waveforms view, on the other hardware it will either be done with a key combo or mouse click.

D.

I like key combos!!! I hadn't thought of that!!! see that's why he gets pais by Serato =)
that just opened up a whole lot of possibilities.
czar 5:40 PM - 16 October, 2009
Quote:
i mean remember the mystery buttons on the ns7.

1 on 1 mapping ? convenient to cover up the abomination it was to take those buttons off the controller. They could have just not ported those buttons and left them open for later use.. but of course "why leave them there if we can charge later to provide with those same buttons" NSFX anyone? NS7 1299 + 200? that 1500, then again you have some dumb ass people that would have said.. "OMG!!! (notice the exclamation) all this buttons that don't do anything!!!!"..... but then again who cares about these kind of morons.

maybe the conections are still there I haven't opened the face of NS7 yet. it would be nice if they would sell the different face with the extra buttons and one would just have to plug some wires inside.. hmmm I'm greatly needing to open my baby up. anyone wth me? =)

I can't do it right now because there is no competition yet, but I promise the day will come when companies that care about excesive waste can compete and that will be the end of of the filthy pigs that purposely make things less useful to gain profit. AMEN!

sorry I couldn't resist/ now back to the fine art of music!
kraal 5:57 PM - 16 October, 2009
there is plenty of competition out there right now. with better options. the new denons with the 9 inch platters. the new pioneers.
czar 6:28 PM - 16 October, 2009
that was an ill contaminted comment. I apologize to everybody.. Serato should call VDJ. They both have great thing to offer, competion is obsolete thanks to inovation.. everybody can have a job forever, watch this from 2007.

Watchwww.youtube.com
czar 6:29 PM - 16 October, 2009
companies can keep tagging along others and create a prosper market plan that would really revolutionize the way we do business. ^_^
czar 6:30 PM - 16 October, 2009
inovation will never die and that is something we should all realize! AMEN!
czar 10:55 PM - 16 October, 2009
Quote:
there is plenty of competition out there right now. with better options. the new denons with the 9 inch platters. the new pioneers.

im sorry but 2000 each for cdj2000 and another 1800 for a ttm57 sl is way out of my budget.. oh yea i need a new MBP too another 3000. thats a set up for a night club not for me to practice on/..
kraal 11:02 PM - 16 October, 2009
but the main complaint is the price of buying lets say the ns7 + the NSFX + lets just add a sampler unit for fun sake.
1200+199+??299??=1700
and i am put on blast for pointing things like this out.... itch is still a deal if you have to buy each componant seperatly
czar 11:11 PM - 16 October, 2009
it is compared to 5000... but still loosing buttons that were there and could still be there is not nice..
kraal 11:18 PM - 16 October, 2009
but looking at the nsfx to me looks like those buttons were 'wrong' as far as controlling the effects.... and maybe they were moved due to technical reasons :/
czar 11:25 PM - 16 October, 2009
dude ! omg did u really look at the video???? 4 knobs 4 buttons and a crossfade in EACH side looks wrong??? I gotta open my NS7 to see if the conncetions are there and hopefully call Numark to leave my word with them that I would like those keys reinstated. You can keep your happiness the way you are... you don't even have an NS7 and yet I've seen you talk about it in other threads like you did own one and even giving bad advice about it like you know what you are talking about...
kraal 11:32 PM - 16 October, 2009
i use an ns7 2 times a week.... i purchased it i maintain it... get your facts straight before talking about what i own and dont own....
czar 11:42 PM - 16 October, 2009
u gave wrong advice nonetheless... anyways I just opened the NS7 and the board is still there wired and everything.. the only thing missing is the actual knobs/buttons/ and the crossfade actually mounted on to the board... the only thing they switched was the face plate.. the thin black layer of metal that you can easily take off by unscrewing about 12 screws with an alen key. check it out if you care.. as for you comment that those buttons were wrong to control effects.. hmmm and the technical reason you talk about sound to me like an NSFX... but nonetheless NUmark can still have us ship the units to them and for some cash reinstate those buttons.. those buttons right there could be great to control the video functions or even the ableton marriage some guys are getting excited about!
kraal 11:45 PM - 16 October, 2009
Quote:
u gave wrong advice nonetheless... !

oh my who cares everything i say is based on what i think i never said my advice is the right answe my advice is just that advice.
but go ahead send your ns7 in for the buttons to be added... be sure to let us know how quick they jump on that :)
czar 11:51 PM - 16 October, 2009
kraal if someone asks "how do i do this on the NS7?" and you say "oh you do it like this in the VCI but on the NS7 you can't do it like that you have to stop teh platters to do that.." and u are SO wrong! you should watch ur mouth.

but go ahead send your ns7 in for the buttons to be added... be sure to let us know how quick they jump on that :)

as far as that comment I'm goin to prettend you never said that because only hatters are so negative like you are.
czar 11:52 PM - 16 October, 2009
and don't include yourself with other people "let us know" I bet there are a lot more people seeing my vision as a good thing rather than attack it by being a complete AH!
kraal 11:57 PM - 16 October, 2009
i am not attack your thought just saying it isnt a practicle assesment ... stop taking everything as a personal attack. i have nothing against you just saying numark is not going to be adding any new buttons you anyones ns7. that is just a fact not an attack
czar 12:01 AM - 17 October, 2009
a fact? the only fact is the appraten need you have to be taken into account like a genious you are not! just shut up. and choose your words more carefully next time. and Of course it can be practical. That you don't see it that way that's you. stop talking like you downright know the fact to everything! you DONT!
wadup 12:43 AM - 17 October, 2009
+1... i guess kraal is looking for a moderator job on serato's forum
kraal 12:46 AM - 17 October, 2009
actually he isn't but more entertained at how many times his name shows up. recently i have been getting more press than itch 2.0
casket hands 1:05 AM - 17 October, 2009
have you guys heard about this allen and heath DX thing, looks pretty awesome IMO.
djcerla 1:40 AM - 17 October, 2009
Quote:
have you guys heard about this allen and heath DX thing, looks pretty awesome IMO.

ahah :)

BTW I think kraal is a precious forum member, always here to give advice to noobs, etc... and maybe, as wadup hints, he's got some fresh insider infos for real ;-)

Come on. Misunderstandings could be ironed out in a more positive, less nervous way, we're all musicians after all.

<TOPIC>

How's that A&H DX then? :)
czar 1:53 AM - 17 October, 2009
I dont like the A&H design for me its too bulky looks like a traktor and not the software but hte actual machine to work the land.. .no vinyl killed it for me ...
czar 1:56 AM - 17 October, 2009
vinyl feel..
czar 1:57 AM - 17 October, 2009
but i like to scratch... for someone that doesn't the design looks compact and good but I havent looked at it personally... Where are those BPM shows anyways! lol
kraal 2:57 AM - 17 October, 2009
czar that puts you in the same boat as a lot of us. the DX has feature (aka buttons and knobs) we all would like but lacks the platters we all desire are missing.
MusicDan 4:20 AM - 17 October, 2009
Maybe there are spinning platters under the jogwheels in the DX, and they just decided to take them out and charge us more to have them reinstated. First person to get a DX, please open one up. LOL

czar, as far as your idea to remove the faceplate and have Numark install one with all the extra buttons, seems great. I don't think Numark will jump at that though. I think that is what Kraal was trying to say. But if they do, be sure to let us know.

BTW, I have started a new thread, follow it here.
serato.com
czar 7:11 AM - 17 October, 2009
DAN ... I guess the only one that understand what I mean is Quartz.. how sad that you compare jogwheels to spinning platters... it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about which are sockets where buttons knobs and faders are missing. under the 1 on 1 (lol) having those extra precious buttons wouldnt have made much sense right? lol I mean come on! why would numark have extra stuff there that Itch doesnt!

as far as Kraal and I we have come thru our diferences in private messages.. Dan if Numark does it I will never let ur ass know. " I don't think Numark will jump on that" please my grandma with cancer is more positive than you..

besides I did apologize for my comments. I guess you either have too much time or a small penis.
MusicDan 1:38 PM - 17 October, 2009
Talk about being negative, everything I said was joking, obviously you cannot see that. I will not respond to your stupid remarks about me. Neither will I respond to your stupid PM. I am done with you, if you feel the need to keep going then be my guest.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:23 PM - 18 October, 2009
czar,

There's no point making comments on a forum if you're going to get annoyed when someone disagrees with you. Regardless of what you say it's almost certain that someone will have a different opinion than you.

On these forums you can disagree with people and you can argue with people but you can't personally insult or attack people, and that's what you're doing.

If you can't control your emotions then I suggest you take your thoughts and ideas elsewhere.
czar 9:54 PM - 18 October, 2009
im sorry ChrisD. I will control my words. promise.
emkay 10:35 PM - 18 October, 2009
Quote:
I guess you either have too much time or a small penis.

Its not the size of the ship, its the motion of the ocean.

Or something :-)

What a shame, what started as a great thread descended into a trollfest - I came back to read about the A&H controller, not your verbal diarrhoea.
DJ.AJ 4:55 AM - 19 October, 2009
It's all love. really would like to see this thing in action. especially side by side with the VCI. doesn't really compare to the NS7.
kraal 5:13 AM - 19 October, 2009
i think that is the point right now. we are just looking in the window. I mean even the vci-300 has yet to get a front page performance. i think several months after it's release we will see what can be done and not just the 'salesmen demos' that may be the real wow factor
DJ.AJ 5:22 AM - 19 October, 2009
yeah, i do like the build quality of the NS7 and the case. it played yesterday for 7hrs straight and it was crazy. one thing ITCH needs is the ability to RIP CDs right into the library. I had hell trying to get these artist's tracks queued up. think my line in gave out on me also. i'll have to check tommorrow. just got back tonight.
marcA 7:50 AM - 19 October, 2009
second that : ripping in Itch would be great
czar 8:08 AM - 19 October, 2009
true that. i like it
DJ.AJ 1:04 PM - 19 October, 2009
it was hell, trying to get these artist music on cue - off course not 1 of the 7 groups showed up early for a sound check. had to hook up a boom box to the line in of the ns7. sucks big time.
marcA 1:06 PM - 19 October, 2009
i'm using easy cd-da extractor to rip cd's...
better alternatives out there?
DJ.AJ 1:12 PM - 19 October, 2009
is that for the MAC
marcA 1:18 PM - 19 October, 2009
not that i know of...i'm on windows...
DJ.AJ 1:26 PM - 19 October, 2009
oh 1 thing i liked, i forgot to mention - ITCH did not crash when i ripped a cd in the background with ITunes.
czar 11:59 PM - 19 October, 2009
thast good it shouldnt but I would be scared to do it... :P
Quote:
oh 1 thing i liked, i forgot to mention - ITCH did not crash when i ripped a cd in the background with ITunes.

I might grown out of it... :)