Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Livestreaming with DJM-S9

deejayayup 8:46 PM - 27 March, 2020
Hi,

I've been having issues trying to livestream using the S9 with OBS. I am getting both the Serato audio but also the control vinyl tone. Is there anyway to get rid of the control tone?

I have a 2014 Macbook Pro so no line-in.

Thanks
popnwave 9:08 PM - 27 March, 2020
S9 won't do it alone you need another USB audio interface to bring audio back in.
deejayayup 9:10 PM - 27 March, 2020
Quote:
S9 won't do it alone you need another USB audio interface to bring audio back in.

Could you recommend one?
popnwave 9:36 PM - 27 March, 2020
deejayayup 3:28 PM - 28 March, 2020
Quote:
serato.com

Thanks dude.
DJ Tecniq 5:08 PM - 28 March, 2020
I have the same Mac this will even work as a cheap solution just run a rca or 1/4 to aux cable into the USB adapter...then choose it as the sound device in OBS and prestošŸ‘ŒšŸ¼ Hit me up if you have issues. Also learned how to add video output/split screen with OBS for VJā€™s. Check the link below šŸ‘šŸ¼

www.amazon.com

www.facebook.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:46 AM - 30 March, 2020
Quote:
Hit me up if you have issues. Also learned how to add video output/split screen with OBS for VJā€™s. Check the link below šŸ‘šŸ¼

www.amazon.com

www.facebook.com

You mind sharing your steps for the VJ - OBS livestream.

Perhaps as a new post in the Video thread that we can always refer to now and again. Cheers

Maybe Serato will make it sticky one

serato.com
DJ Tecniq 3:41 PM - 30 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Hit me up if you have issues. Also learned how to add video output/split screen with OBS for VJā€™s. Check the link below šŸ‘šŸ¼

www.amazon.com

www.facebook.com

You mind sharing your steps for the VJ - OBS livestream.

Perhaps as a new post in the Video thread that we can always refer to now and again. Cheers

Maybe Serato will make it sticky one

serato.com
Its actually very simple when you connect your 2nd display to your laptop you just add it as ā€œdisplay captureā€ in OBS and you can crop it wherever you want on the screen. Just donā€™t mirror your laptop screen itā€™s the same as Serato video just move the SV output onto your other display (flatscreen)
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:25 AM - 16 April, 2020
Read that you can connect the S9 second usb to the streaming laptop and OBS will pick it up...is that true? I tried and got no sound.

Any ideas?
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:21 AM - 16 April, 2020
I think I may have solved this

I just tested it with StreamlabsOBS using my X1800.

Windows 10, Serato DJ, SLOBS.

1. Connect mixer to Laptop (both powered on obviously)

2. Start SLOBS

3. Add Audio Input capture device

4. Select mixer and channels 9 & 10. I noticed the selection included 2 copies of each channel pairs. Iā€™m assuming this is because itā€™s a dual sound card mixer. So you will see X1800 2 (9 & 10), X1800 3 (9 & 10). Same for all the other channels.

5. You can check if sound is coming to OBS by using a noise effect or mic check

6. Then start Serato DJ

7. Play music, if itā€™s connected and sound is not coming from the mixer, toggle the USB select on the mixer eg if you are on USB 1 toggle to USB 2 or vice versa.

8. Still trying to figure out the appropriate identity of the 2 mixer sound card. Iā€™m not sure if USB 1 is 2 or 3

Iā€™m hoping that it will be the same with the S9 and I will year that this weekend. Iā€™m currently located with my Prime set up.

Also hoping it will be same set up on Mac (currently tied up with a rekordbox import)

I hope to test when I finish importing my Serato XML into Rekordbox 6 (25% deep - 4 hours in šŸ˜…)

In summary, *any dual sound card mixer should be able to run serato and feed OBS simultaneously. No need to use an extra audio interface.

Itā€™s a Record our level, so the mixers Master knob will not affect the streaming audio.

āœŒšŸ¾
DJ Tecniq 3:59 PM - 16 April, 2020
I use a program called ā€œloopbackā€ it allows you to reroute the audio channels for OBS. No additional sound card needed. Found it via torrent lol
DJ Tecniq 4:11 PM - 16 April, 2020
If youā€™re looking for a cheap solution to stream with S9 you can also run a rca or 1/4 to aux from the mixer to your laptop line-in audio jack thatā€™s ā€œifā€ your laptop supports it. If not than any usb audio adapter will work extremely well. Hereā€™s one below Iā€™ve personally used just connect the rca to aux cord into it and plug it in your laptop or run it off, select it as the audio device in OBS āœ…
www.amazon.com
DJ Tecniq 4:11 PM - 16 April, 2020
Run it off usb hub*
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:14 PM - 16 April, 2020
Quote:
I use a program called ā€œloopbackā€ it allows you to reroute the audio channels for OBS. No additional sound card needed. Found it via torrent lol

No torrenting involved.

No need for loop back.

Try it and let me know if it works...

All you need is an extra USB cable.
DJ Tecniq 6:17 PM - 16 April, 2020
Quote:
Extra usb cable & additional laptop correct? I only have 1 laptop unfortunately.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:26 PM - 16 April, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Extra usb cable & additional laptop correct? I only have 1 laptop unfortunately.

Same laptop you are running Serato DJ on.

One laptop, single laptop, Uno,

I even tested it on a barebones dell xps 13 (windows) as my macbook is tied up running a full library analysis.
DJ Tecniq 6:35 PM - 16 April, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I even tested it on a barebones dell xps 13 (windows) as my macbook is tied up running a full library analysis.
so what do I exactly plug the other usb cable into? Or does it just physically need to be plugging in but not connected to anything?
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:33 AM - 17 April, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

so what do I exactly plug the other usb cable into? Or does it just physically need to be plugging in but not connected to anything?

Connect the DJ mixer to the laptop using the 2 USB .

Just like if you were connecting the Mixer to two laptops but now you are connecting to just one, but two USB.

It doesnā€™t matter if the the knob is on Computer A or B.
DJ Tecniq 9:28 AM - 17 April, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Connect the DJ mixer to the laptop using the 2 USB .

Just like if you were connecting the Mixer to two laptops but now you are connecting to just one, but two USB.

It doesnā€™t matter if the the knob is on Computer A or B.
holy shit Iā€™ll have to try it is this for all DVS mixers that have two USB ports?
DJ Tecniq 9:42 AM - 17 April, 2020
So youā€™re telling me both usb cables need to be plugged into the laptop for this to work? What if I donā€™t have an extra USB port? I run a hub for my external, webcam etc.
popnwave 1:19 PM - 17 April, 2020
You could probably do the looped back USB on a hub as long as you're main for controlling SDJ is the dedicated port.
DJ Tecniq 2:56 PM - 17 April, 2020
Quote:
You could probably do the looped back USB on a hub as long as you're main for controlling SDJ is the dedicated port.
The beauty of loopback it does not need an extra usb cable nor does the program have to be running. Once you rereoute the 5/6 channels in loopback youā€™re done. You just rename the S9 device and choose it in OBS. For example ā€œDJM S9 Seratoā€
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:11 PM - 17 April, 2020
Just testing with the S9

I was able to get it connected to OBS with just the single USB cable šŸ˜‰

Start OBS before Serato DJ
DJ Tecniq 8:28 PM - 17 April, 2020
Quote:
Just testing with the S9

in DVS mode? My friend tried the two usb work around shit didnā€™t work at all.
DJ Tecniq 11:37 PM - 17 April, 2020
Quote:
Just testing with the S9

Iā€™ve tried using my S9 as the audio card it works in internal mode but when I switch to DVS the control tone is heard through audio playback. Iā€™m not sure how youā€™re getting around that. Someone else said they are using the S9 w/Rane 12ā€™s and have no problem with OBS but mentioned they are on the latest firmware. Iā€™m on old firmware so maybe thatā€™s why. I have no idea.
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:28 AM - 18 April, 2020
I didnā€™t try with DVS, just played internal to test it out.

I will check with regards to the control tone.

Itā€™s just an alternative experimental method.

I will update you in the morning if it works with DVS.
DJ Tecniq 10:09 AM - 18 April, 2020
Quote:

Iā€™ll save you the hassle it wonā€™t work so thereā€™s no point in using internal mode on the S9 itā€™s not going to be fun when you canā€™t mix vinyl Iā€™ve been using OBS for yrs now itā€™s either loopback, audio interface or adapter or rca to aux cord if the laptop has line-in audio.
DJ Tecniq 7:25 PM - 19 April, 2020
Figured out how to switch between multiple cameras automatically in OBS. Came up with this little mash last night. www.facebook.com
gjerrus 5:31 AM - 25 April, 2020
YO.. I appreciate you guys goin hard on this stuff. I'm struggling. Cant get good audio in my streams. Sounds like its buffering out intermittently. Last few tests, Ive been pushing OBS, thru restream to broadcast using my back up mac. But i cant seem to sort it. Set up is DJ controller (master out #2/ RCA's), to audio interface (old h4n zoom), into my back up mac via USB. DJing off a seperate mac.

First I was trying w my S9, but Ive been using my DDJ SX3 now to save space, got too much gear on my table and need the room.

Been trouble shooting, talking to friends, DJs, sound techs, anybody w knowledge on it. Looking online now. Sounds like trying a different audio interface might be my issue. Keep the thread going fellas. It helps. Streaming is all we got right now.

& If anybody is streaming Id love to check it for ideas. Hit me gjerrus.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:13 PM - 26 April, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Iā€™ll save you the hassle it wonā€™t work so thereā€™s no point in using internal mode on the S9 itā€™s not going to be fun when you canā€™t mix vinyl Iā€™ve been using OBS for yrs now itā€™s either loopback, audio interface or adapter or rca to aux cord if the laptop has line-in audio.

Yo check this out Watchwww.youtube.com

You can use one S9 and no control tone noise. 2 usb cables required.
Socamonarch 6:26 PM - 27 April, 2020
DJ Tecniq 6:43 PM - 27 April, 2020
Pretty cool but who the hell wants to run two USB cables into their laptop I also heard Serato only uses 1 playing deck when youā€™re using both usb cables. Loopback is my go to now.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:53 AM - 28 April, 2020
Quote:
Pretty cool but who the hell wants to run two USB cables into their laptop I also heard Serato only uses 1 playing deck when youā€™re using both usb cables. Loopback is my go to now.

Like I said earlier it is an option.

Loopback is a paid software am I right?

Whereas you most likely have an extra USB cable at home (printer or from other dj equipment)

And the HID users will not have the tone issue in the first place.

So whilst plugging in two cables is clearly not feasible for you, others may prefer it to using loopback (torrented or paid)

Iā€™ve learnt so much about streaming stuff in this lockdown lol and bought so many cables/adapter for connecting stuff.
DJ Tecniq 12:08 PM - 28 April, 2020
Quote:
Loopback is a paid software
indeed it is but I found it free via torrent and it works extremely well. Itā€™s all I use now
akakak 10:27 PM - 28 April, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
indeed it is but I found it free via torrent and it works extremely well. Itā€™s all I use now

You mean you pirated software made by Rogue Amoeba - a small company that need your sales to exist. If you can afford all the kit in your profile picture, you can afford $99 for a great piece of software made by a brilliant company.

rogueamoeba.com

Please don't promote illegal activity on Serato forums.

FYI, they also make rogueamoeba.com which I use to take the outputs of the DJ-808 and stream direct from the app to the Internet. You can add meters and basic effects in the chain, and record the output simultaneously. That's only $71. Or you can get Audio Hijack and Loopback together for $156.

If you're making any money at all out of DJing (and really even if you're not), please reconsider your stance and support the developers that help you reach your audience.
DJ Tecniq 12:26 AM - 29 April, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You mean you pirated software made by Rogue Amoeba - a small company that need your sales to exist. If you can afford all the kit in your profile picture, you can afford $99 for a great piece of software made by a brilliant company.

rogueamoeba.com

FYI, they also make rogueamoeba.com which I use to take the outputs of the DJ-808 and stream direct from the app to the Internet. You can add meters and basic effects in the chain, and record the output simultaneously. That's only $71. Or you can get Audio Hijack and Loopback together for $156.

If you're making any money at all out of DJing (and really even if you're not), please reconsider your stance and support the developers that help you reach your audience.
For your information we are in the middle of a pandemic and no Iā€™m not getting gigs I had to get another job to support my family. I used my stimulus check for bills. If itā€™s available to me free via internet Iā€™m going to download it. Sorry you feel that way
DJ Unique 2:06 AM - 29 April, 2020
LOL....
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:46 AM - 29 April, 2020
Quote:
LOL....

Lol

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

rogueamoeba.com

I didnt want to highlight this, but i thought he would cop on to what he is saying. The pros of no edit on the forum.

Quote:
For your information we are in the middle of a pandemic and no Iā€™m not getting gigs I had to get another job to support my family. I used my stimulus check for bills. If itā€™s available to me free via internet Iā€™m going to download it. Sorry you feel that way

I believe you have been streaming way before the covid.

I understand the difficulty and i'm grateful that i have a frontline job.

Have you considered using a free alternative like Jack? I have read it does the same thing and it will put you on the right side of the law and in good conscience.

jackaudio.org
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:50 AM - 29 April, 2020
PS

1 extra USB Cable + USB hub (if you have few usb spots on the laptop) is way more cheaper than 99usd.

You may not even need to buy an extra cable - take one from the SR2 or the Mixars.

Even the S9 shipped with 2 USB cables if memory serves me well.

So i have successfully located 3 USB cables in your gaff.
akakak 8:14 AM - 29 April, 2020
Sorry to hear about your job. But hey, if youā€™re that determined to break the law, maybe donā€™t document it and declare it to the world on a public forum? Just saying.