Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Live Streaming a DJSet with SeratoDJ via Zoom Cloud Meeting

FabioFreddi 7:12 PM - 16 March, 2020
Hello everybody,
I need help to stream a live djset during a large group call with Zoom Cloud Meeting.

How can I Set up the system to make the people listen in a good quality the audio that is coming from Serato DJ?

Please anyone that could help write or text me:
fabio.freddi@gmail.com
+39 338 92 20 917

Thank you very much
Fabio
popnwave 8:58 PM - 16 March, 2020
Stay safe man! It shouldn't be too hard. Let me sign into my account for work and see what the settings look like. If no one else jumps in I'll try and guide you!

What hardware are you working with, mixer? controller? That's a first step in to figuring things out.
FabioFreddi 9:01 PM - 16 March, 2020
Thank you very much popnwave, it's two days I am struggling with it!

I am working with RELOOP ELITE and Technics turntables or PIONEER DDJ-SR2. I also have an extarnal sound card if it could be useful (M-Audio FastTrack Pro).

I use a MacBook Pro

thank you!
popnwave 9:06 PM - 16 March, 2020
Quote:
Thank you very much popnwave, it's two days I am struggling with it!

I am working with RELOOP ELITE and Technics turntables or PIONEER DDJ-SR2. I also have an extarnal sound card if it could be useful (M-Audio FastTrack Pro).

I use a MacBook Pro

thank you!

The soundcard might be what you need - so ZOOM sees it and lets you pipe in music from your output on the RELOOP back into your Macbook Pro.

When I get home (I'm -9 hours GMT, so it's only 1405 right now) I'll hook my stuff up and post some pictures of what my controller looks like. It will be a little different but the ZOOM settings should be easy enough.
FabioFreddi 9:26 PM - 16 March, 2020
Perfect, I am in Italy, I will see it later. thank you!
DJ Tecniq 8:16 PM - 17 March, 2020
I use OBS to go live on fb using my usb audio interface connected to my S9. Best way to do it is through this website.
iag.me
DJ Tecniq 8:17 PM - 17 March, 2020
Here’s my set from yesterday
www.facebook.com
DJ Tecniq 8:24 PM - 17 March, 2020
I have no idea what Zoom is btw sorry.
FabioFreddi 9:20 AM - 18 March, 2020
Thanks for youe answer @Tecniq, Zoom is a web conference application, it doesn't work with obs. Chek it out, it is great for meetings online.
DJMintyFresh 11:45 AM - 19 March, 2020
Hi Fabio

DId you ever get an answer to this?

Literally looking for the same advice.
Dj cuervo 12:45 PM - 19 March, 2020
Zoom is not a good option. There could be a delay with sound Qty. It is video confer meeting software so you would need to send out the link to the meeting. You need a pro account to create long meetings. The free account has a limit of 45 mins. I would suggest Facebook live, IG live or Youtube Live.
DJMintyFresh 1:46 PM - 19 March, 2020
@DjCuervo - any tips on your set up for Facebook Live / IG Live?

Apologies for the stupid question but how can you set it up so that you can still listen to the mix through your speakers.
popnwave 1:55 PM - 19 March, 2020
Quote:
Thanks for youe answer @Tecniq, Zoom is a web conference application, it doesn't work with obs. Chek it out, it is great for meetings online.

Fabio I am super sorry I haven't helped ya yet. We got put on 30 day shut down as well and I am scrambling at work to get that squared away. I'll have some free time to help today I hope!
popnwave 1:58 PM - 19 March, 2020
Quote:

Apologies for the stupid question but how can you set it up so that you can still listen to the mix through your speakers.

Yes, if you have an iPhone you can get a little Lightning connector based audio mixer that you just run one of the outputs of your mixer/controller to. Then put your phone on a stand and point it at you when you mix. Might be a little delay of your actions to your audio, but the AUDIO is much better than just using the phone mic to pick things up.

I haven't had an IG Live stream cut off but YouTube and Facebook have both cut me off midstream before so don't be surprised. Even if the content ID is incorrectly getting a hit on your song it still kills it.

Zoom is ok, if someone has a PRO host account there isn't the limitations and it's only $15/mo.
DJMintyFresh 2:05 PM - 19 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, if you have an iPhone you can get a little Lightning connector based audio mixer that you just run one of the outputs of your mixer/controller to. Then put your phone on a stand and point it at you when you mix. Might be a little delay of your actions to your audio, but the AUDIO is much better than just using the phone mic to pick things up.

I haven't had an IG Live stream cut off but YouTube and Facebook have both cut me off midstream before so don't be surprised. Even if the content ID is incorrectly getting a hit on your song it still kills it.

Zoom is ok, if someone has a PRO host account there isn't the limitations and it's only $15/mo.

And with that set up with the - will you still be able to have another output to your speakers to hear your mix? Again apologies for sound like a noob.

But would be still keen on the zoom option (as I do have a PRO host account).
popnwave 2:08 PM - 19 March, 2020
Quote:
And with that set up with the - will you still be able to have another output to your speakers to hear your mix? Again apologies for sound like a noob.

But would be still keen on the zoom option (as I do have a PRO host account).

Correct, whatever you have your main sound out attached to (like I have my monitors i blast) will still play normally. I think there was one device on Serato's IG Stories feed the other day with one of those adapters.
popnwave 2:10 PM - 19 March, 2020
Found it, this is the example of the one I saw on their feed:

www.sweetwater.com
FabioFreddi 3:59 PM - 20 March, 2020
Hi everybody, thanks for your attention.

I bought Zoom Pro, so the connection seems more stable and you can invite 100 people, with no time limitations. I suggest to use this program if you want to share music and make feel people connected each other.

At this moment I do not have the right setup to stream via Zoom Cloud Meetings with a top quality, using SeratoDJ.

Now, I am making live gathering with people to offer sessions of Ecstatic Dance, that is a freeform movement practice that involve meditation. I feel is a nice solution, because people ask to feel involved: streaming facebook or other solution will not give this opportunity to people, that is, to feel together.

The most important thing for me, is to have top quality for people to dance: for this reason I am making a "sacrifice": I stream live a pre-recorded set, because in this way - playing it selecting on zoom the option "sharing computer sound" the music is perfect. And partecipants are satisfied, the make great experiences even if is online.

Serato do not have an option that is present in Traktor, that could make all things simpler: if you open Zoom, and then Traktor, you can select on Traktor audio output "Zoom Audio". This allow you to select "sharing computer audio" on Zoom, and to stream the music you are mixing via Traktor. But, in this way, you cannot pre cue the music, with the consolle you cannot listen through your headphones.

I do not know any DJ that stream live via Zoom through SeratoDJ.

I am waiting for Serato support some good advice on it. Who have suggestions is welcome.
Thank you very much.

Blessings,
Fabio
CMOS 5:13 PM - 20 March, 2020
Ive been using OBS and Bandlab.com for streaming. Havent gotten any shut downs, mutes, or copyright notices.
Dj cuervo 12:05 AM - 23 March, 2020
www.guitarcenter.com

use a RCA to phone jack cord from mixer to get better sound quality on the IG and facebook Live

The phone mic does not push out good quality sound
Carbon the Element 2:34 PM - 23 March, 2020
Fabio,

I did this yesterday taught some guys the basics of the boomerang scratch. What people here are missing is that you can session with others. It's not in real time, there is a slight delay but for the most part its workable. We all shared the instrumental and used the Aaaahhh to hear the same sounds when they were cutting. Zoom allowed us to provide feedback and the rest.

The problem I have - and I *just* started another thread on this, is that when using a S9/S3 I can't get Serato DJ to output digital audio from a song loaded in Serato to go through the USB connection into software Audition, Audacity, or in this case Zoom *without hearing the tone from the Vinyl, Phase DJ, or CDs. I hear both the song from the Serato DJ deck and the loud a$$ed beeeeeeeeeeep. Ugh.

Once I can get that hardware bit sorted the rest is straight forward. Using the USB out from the mixer means that the sound quality is dope and we can interact via a microphone on the mixer if we need to speak to each other. That tone though...
popnwave 3:27 PM - 23 March, 2020
Quote:
Once I can get that hardware bit sorted the rest is straight forward. Using the USB out from the mixer means that the sound quality is dope and we can interact via a microphone on the mixer if we need to speak to each other. That tone though...

Yeah there's a few devices like that, you'll need a cheap USB audio card to feed back into ZOOM with to get the actual track and not the tone.
DJ Tecniq 6:20 PM - 23 March, 2020
I use a behringer UCA222 with a 1/4 to rca cable routed from my S9 booth output into rca input on the Behringer audio card and just plug into a usb hub. Most controllers though can use the audio card with streaming software if you’re just using relative mode. But if you’re using DVS you’ll need a separate audio card and use the audio card as the main audio source “not” the S9. You’ll notice if you try to use the S9 it works perfectly in internal mode but once you use DVS the control tone will be heard through playback and there’s no way around it. Here’s my quarantine mix from sat night lol
Watchvimeo.com
Carbon the Element 9:11 PM - 23 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah there's a few devices like that, you'll need a cheap USB audio card to feed back into ZOOM with to get the actual track and not the tone.

I'm figuring that is the end result.
Carbon the Element 9:12 PM - 23 March, 2020
Quote:
I use a behringer UCA222 with a 1/4 to rca cable routed from my S9 booth output into rca input on the Behringer audio card and just plug into a usb hub. Most controllers though can use the audio card with streaming software if you’re just using relative mode. But if you’re using DVS you’ll need a separate audio card and use the audio card as the main audio source “not” the S9. You’ll notice if you try to use the S9 it works perfectly in internal mode but once you use DVS the control tone will be heard through playback and there’s no way around it. Here’s my quarantine mix from sat night lol
Watchvimeo.com

Yup. Seems that I have to go through another sound card indeed. It may work with controllers... but not mixers because of their analog inputs.
DJ Tecniq 1:42 AM - 24 March, 2020
Quote:
Yup. Seems that I have to go through another sound card indeed. It may work with controllers... but not mixers because of their analog inputs.
Correction I meant “internal” mode for controllers I accidentally said relative. Or if the computer has line-in audio jack you can run a rca to aux cable from mixer to laptop which will definitely work also as a cheap solution then in the streaming app just choose line-in audio. My Mac is a mid 2014 which unfortunately has no line-in audio port only headphone.
FabioFreddi 10:06 AM - 24 March, 2020
Quote:
Fabio,

I did this yesterday taught some guys the basics of the boomerang scratch. What people here are missing is that you can session with others. It's not in real time, there is a slight delay but for the most part its workable. We all shared the instrumental and used the Aaaahhh to hear the same sounds when they were cutting. Zoom allowed us to provide feedback and the rest.

The problem I have - and I *just* started another thread on this, is that when using a S9/S3 I can't get Serato DJ to output digital audio from a song loaded in Serato to go through the USB connection into software Audition, Audacity, or in this case Zoom *without hearing the tone from the Vinyl, Phase DJ, or CDs. I hear both the song from the Serato DJ deck and the loud a$$ed beeeeeeeeeeep. Ugh.

hello Carbon The Element,
thanks for answering. I send an email tu Serato Support in order to solve Zoom problems. For me, the problem is this:
I tried to stream music via Zoom ta make people dance, playing live with Reloop Elite and turntables, selecting in Zoom Audio preferences the external soundcard I use (where Reloop Elite is connected) as Speaker preferences: the sound quality in streaming is very very poor.

Yeah, the microphone works good instead also for me.
Fabio
popnwave 2:42 PM - 24 March, 2020
Sadly, Zoom is optimized for human voice vs music :(
Carbon the Element 4:32 PM - 24 March, 2020
Quote:

THIS.

Look Fabio, if you're just live streaming and not doing two-way interactions where people need to speak with you also, you're better off using OBS and doing a 'standard' Youtube/FB/Insta live stream... A video conferencing platform like Zoom will not be best fit for what you're describing.
FabioFreddi 7:53 PM - 24 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

THIS.

Look Fabio, if you're just live streaming and not doing two-way interactions where people need to speak with you also, you're better off using OBS and doing a 'standard' Youtube/FB/Insta live stream... A video conferencing platform like Zoom will not be best fit for what you're describing.

Imagine an online class of freeform movement where people want to feel they are in a group: there are 100 people connected, you can listen to the voice of the spaceholder and see him mixing music, and you can see all the other people dancing. With a live streaming as facebook or youtube you don't have this feeling and you canno cultivate a group. So definitly for me zoom is the best app at the moment for this intention.
popnwave 1:42 PM - 25 March, 2020
Quote:
Imagine an online class of freeform movement where people want to feel they are in a group: there are 100 people connected, you can listen to the voice of the spaceholder and see him mixing music, and you can see all the other people dancing. With a live streaming as facebook or youtube you don't have this feeling and you canno cultivate a group. So definitly for me zoom is the best app at the moment for this intention.

You are right about that!

I hope that we may see ZOOM offer some audio improvements in the next few months - just like you can select HD mode, maybe a better bitrate audio mode for the host at least!
DJMintyFresh 3:27 PM - 26 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

THIS.

Hi Fabio,

I live streamed a DJ Set last night using zoom on my phone and it worked perfectly. I connected my DJ controller (Denon MC400) running Serato to my phone with a TRS to TRRS adapter (Rode SC4) and the audio quality was perfect and I could also use my phone camera.

I tried doing an IG live but kept getting cut off due to copyright issues, any ideas on how to overcome that people??
DJMintyFresh 3:28 PM - 26 March, 2020
Quote:
Ive been using OBS and Bandlab.com for streaming. Havent gotten any shut downs, mutes, or copyright notices.

What sort of music were you playing? I tried but kept getting cut off.
popnwave 4:43 PM - 26 March, 2020
Quote:

On Insta Live? or the site CMOS mentioned (BandLab)?

I did't get cut off on IG Live but I also just let it pick up sound from my speakers vs piping in directly from my controller. I used IG Live to interact with people but told them to watch on Twitch/Periscope for the clean audio/video feed.
DJMintyFresh 4:49 PM - 26 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

On Insta Live? or the site CMOS mentioned (BandLab)?

I did't get cut off on IG Live but I also just let it pick up sound from my speakers vs piping in directly from my controller. I used IG Live to interact with people but told them to watch on Twitch/Periscope for the clean audio/video feed.

I am assuming Twitch / Periscope is less strict then? Do viewers need an account to see your live stream?
popnwave 9:30 PM - 26 March, 2020
Quote:

I am assuming Twitch / Periscope is less strict then? Do viewers need an account to see your live stream?

No account needed on either of those. Twitch only mutes SAVED shows, but live streams are fine. Periscope is wide open LIVE and your stuff will stay intact after as well.
DJMintyFresh 4:24 AM - 27 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

No account needed on either of those. Twitch only mutes SAVED shows, but live streams are fine. Periscope is wide open LIVE and your stuff will stay intact after as well.

Which would you say is better between Twitch and Periscope?
popnwave 12:36 PM - 27 March, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Which would you say is better between Twitch and Periscope?

I stream to both using restream.io - it's free
Tanba-San 9:24 PM - 8 May, 2020
Quote:
Hello everybody,
I need help to stream a live djset during a large group call with Zoom Cloud Meeting.

How can I Set up the system to make the people listen in a good quality the audio that is coming from Serato DJ?

Thank you very much

Great question as I've been searching around and all I find online are people who answer the question with a completely different answer. I've been doing the same with Zoom.
I keep seeing people talk about using their phones etc etc... and thats' not the question about phone usage.. Everyone keeps talking about streaming to FB/ IG and I don't care to use either of them. The question is about zoom.. So I'll stick to trying to answer your question about Zoom.

In zoom make sure you change the audio settings.. When you host the meeting or if you are joining someone hosting, have them make you co-host. Go into settings and within the Audio settings uncheck below the " microphone" setting the option to ' automatically adjust volume".
Then after that, click on " Advanced: and check : enable original sound" at the top of that page.

In addition change the below options ( the first 2 options) to: " Disable" and leave the 3rd option as " Auto"..

I would suggest using a sound card to route from your controller back into USB of your MacBook. I ordered the iRig streaming option to see if that helps.

I use another DJ program that's " Virtual" for " DJ'ing" that works well in Zoom. I can't get Serato working in zoom. I believe I need the external card to work but I'm waiting for it to arrive.

Hope that helps.