Serato Studio General Discussion

Talk about anything Serato Studio, music production, plugins and supported hardware

Serato studio VS Serato sample + scale mode.

AmiliBCN 7:23 PM - 14 January, 2020
Hello everyone I would like to explain a few inconveniences that I've notice comparing both serato sample and serato studio plus a productive comment about the scale mode.

a) Serato sample has the great advantage that when you press on a key you can do the marks or cue points on the fly. An amazing time saving while making music. That is something that should be set as an option instead of having to delete each single chop which is a pain in the ass.
b) Only 8 chops allowed. Do you have more than 8 chops if you are using a crontroler or a keyboard? if so maybe being able to use the computer keys to chop more than 8 would be great while traving as there would be no need to use a external device.
c) Scale mode. Other controlers like Noviation launchpad pro allow you to use the scale mode using a large variarity of scales like phentatonic, lydian, harmonic, etc...Having only major and minor its super limited. As Im guessing that most of us are using serato studio to save time, I think this could be an amazing feature.

Nevertheless I think its a great software for music making production so keep up the good work.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 9:01 PM - 14 January, 2020
Hi AmiliBCN,

Thanks for your suggestions - really helpful for us.
a) We've seen a few requests to make AutoCue set an option, will make sure the team is across this.
b) We've also seen a number of requests for more pads and we're prioritising this work
c) Nice suggestion. We've talked about this too and is a direction that the product could grow into!

Thanks again,
Phil