Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

New Rane or S9 replacement??

greggotron 3:37 PM - 3 January, 2020
New Rane mixer or S9 replacement on Craze’s Instagram.
www.reddit.com

Looks like a lot of Rane parts to me.
DJMIYAGI 6:43 PM - 3 January, 2020
Looks like a 72 but without the touchscreen.

Rane 71?
DJMIYAGI 6:44 PM - 3 January, 2020
Craze was beefing with Rane for a while. I guess they made nice lol
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:05 AM - 4 January, 2020
Quote:

hey if Rane pay him him he would be their biggest fan, they are certainly rane knobs, i'd say he was just testing and it's not his, the screen on the 72 is pretty useless and if that mixer has all the features of a 72 bar the other screen bits this could be good, and better control over effect timing
dj_soo 2:25 AM - 4 January, 2020
The records he’s using are traktor records too. Maybe the next gen of Rane gear with have traktor compatibility as well? Either that or it’s just traktor 3 mapped out.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:08 AM - 4 January, 2020
Rane 62 MK2 perhaps? That tiny LCD on the 62.
Djkom 1:01 AM - 6 January, 2020
Clearly a new Rane mixer inspired of the 62 (cue section, small lcd screen, fx, gain trim ..etc) and the 72 (the paddles, 16 pads). Only the loop section seems new.

Hope Rane has fixed their horrible heavy MagThree faders !!!

drive.google.com

drive.google.com
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:08 AM - 6 January, 2020
must have had a lot of spare 62 parts laying around, to be fair the sceen on the 72 was such a wasted opportunity, if it wasn't even there i wouldn't miss it
Djkom 1:08 AM - 6 January, 2020
The fact that Craze is involed in this leak is VERY buzzing by itself.
Craze was bitching Rane since a couple of years now.
Did he sell his soul to the money ??? 😂
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:09 AM - 6 January, 2020
or craze could have leaked it cause he still has issues with them
Djkom 1:11 AM - 6 January, 2020
Quote:
or craze could have leaked it cause he still has issues with them

😂😂😂
Djkom 1:14 AM - 6 January, 2020
And he's raising his hands like: "I don't want this! NO WAY... fuck RANE " 😂
dj snow 2:54 AM - 6 January, 2020
If I was to guess I would say Denon new mixer version of the 72, S9 and Elite paired up with V12 turntables in the pic
Djkom 1:04 PM - 6 January, 2020
Reminds me a lot this Pioneer concept !!!

drive.google.com

Do you think Pioneer or Rane gets inspired by Djs concepts now ??? Or it's a logical and obvious evolution ?
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:12 PM - 6 January, 2020
It's a Rane mixer in the craze pic you can tell from the knobs and logo placement on the bottom of the mixer
YZ 8:29 PM - 6 January, 2020
Quote:

Craze beefs with everyone, talent aside he can be a punk most of the time with his followers
Culprit 12:06 AM - 7 January, 2020
crossing my fingers its a 71, love that rane output
metroplex2005 1:36 AM - 7 January, 2020
Quote:
Craze beefs with everyone...

Why?
Because he can!

Quote:
Talent aside he can be a punk most of the time with his followers

Don’t get me wrong.
I don’t like his music...
But i admire his exceptional musical talent, his remarkable skills, his stubbornness and his way of staying true to himself.
This guy is truly awesome!
dj_soo 2:19 AM - 7 January, 2020
That serato video of him being a complete douchebag for most of it and then absolutely killing it on the decks is more a reflection of real life than anything eh?
metroplex2005 2:32 AM - 7 January, 2020
Killing it? (Can’t describe my face right now...)
That video was soooo f*****g funny.
No more, no less...
DJ Quartz 5:07 PM - 7 January, 2020
If it's a 71 I would be very happy. I tried a 72 for the first time on the weekend with 12's @ L&M.

I didn't like the 12's so I'm stick with my tables. I did like the 72 but the workflow is changed up a bit and it's a big mixer.

I would rock it, but to have the 72 without the screen would be perfect for me.

There was an S9 there and I found the fader to be way too light and too much of a plastic feel to it.

I like the heaviness of the 72 faders, so hopefully it's a 71 in that pic.
DJ Tecniq 4:53 AM - 9 January, 2020
It’s...a new Rane🤫
imgur.com
HighTopFade 5:51 AM - 9 January, 2020
Rane's answer to Reloop's Elite. My guess is 1199 MSRP
dj_soo 6:16 AM - 9 January, 2020
that looks like a mockup - still says 62 on the bottom left
DJ Tecniq 6:31 AM - 9 January, 2020
Quote:
Na bruh it’s a Rane 62 mkii rumored to be featured at NAMM...if you look it is identical to Craze’s mixer😉
krisp kutz 8:50 AM - 9 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Na bruh it’s a Rane 62 mkii rumored to be featured at NAMM...if you look it is identical to Craze’s mixer😉

definitely a mock up it still has a touch fx button and no input selector Rane will be unveiling a new mixer but this is not it might be close and not sure what it will be called.
DJ Quartz 1:51 PM - 9 January, 2020
I saw the mock up on Instagram. There are some things missing on this.

But I'm hoping for the 62mkII, ironically I did a Google search and my forum post from Rane came up at the top. LOL

However, it looks like Rane is revampling their website so I can't even log into the forum or nothing.
slimmjimm 2:55 PM - 9 January, 2020
I really wish I waited a bit before I copped the elite. I’ll tray and make myself feel better by knowing it will still be months out.
greggotron 4:24 PM - 9 January, 2020
Not sure if real, but I actually like this layout better than the 72.
I like my 72, but it’s fucking huge and the screen is more of hinderance then help. Maybe I’ll sell and go smaller.
DJ Quartz 4:37 PM - 9 January, 2020
Quote:
Not sure if real, but I actually like this layout better than the 72.
I like my 72, but it’s fucking huge and the screen is more of hinderance then help. Maybe I’ll sell and go smaller.

This is how I felt when I tested it for the first time last weekend.
If there not another option I will upgrade to the 72 but if the 62mkII does come out I'm going that route.
DJMIYAGI 10:20 PM - 9 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

definitely a mock up it still has a touch fx button and no input selector Rane will be unveiling a new mixer but this is not it might be close and not sure what it will be called.

Don't forget, guys, the pic below was a mock-up too and we got the 62 shortly after it was leaked.

i.pinimg.com

The wait begins....
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:25 PM - 9 January, 2020
the screen on the 72 was a massive fail if you ask me, between the refresh rate not being smooth and the effects are so messy that it's a waste of time changing anything live as it will probably sound like shit as it takes too long to dial in the effects
dj_soo 10:26 PM - 9 January, 2020
it's especially sad because they already have great screens in their supply line on the denon gear.
DJ Quartz 10:38 PM - 9 January, 2020
It will probably be announced tomorrow or Monday to keep everyone in suspense.
DJMIYAGI 11:06 PM - 9 January, 2020
DJ Quartz 11:11 PM - 9 January, 2020
Holding......
DJ Tecniq 7:15 AM - 10 January, 2020
Everyone thought the 1000srt was a fake in the beginning and then boom it happened. I’m 95% sure it’s a new Rane mixer but seeing as none of their website is functional for any driver information scares the shit out of me!
dj_soo 7:23 AM - 10 January, 2020
it's definitely a rane mixer, the question is whether that image is official or if it's a mockup based on the leaked photos floating around.
DJ Tecniq 7:27 AM - 10 January, 2020
Quote:
it's definitely a rane mixer, the question is whether that image is official or if it's a mockup based on the leaked photos floating around.
Definitely unfinished artwork it looks like an early leak.
krisp kutz 7:29 AM - 10 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Definitely unfinished artwork it looks like an early leak.

Definitely not a leak it’s a mock up it was based off that photo with craze but they left the touch fx button and there’s no screen so it’s definitely a mock up but it will be similar.
STRyk 2:12 PM - 10 January, 2020
The time has not yet come when we can control the mix 100% without the help of the computer. It is not yet for today, nor for tomorrow: There is no library inside the mixer, a socket for a hard drive would be the best but this requires a program like serato DJ in the mixer.
The display of the Rane 72 is unfortunately not efficient, and a computer is still compulsory.
I expect a suitable and efficient mixer like the TTM57SL with pads worthy of the Rane 72 too. ;)
Wait and see NAMM 2020...
DJ Quartz 5:56 PM - 10 January, 2020
C'mon Rane, spill the goods!

Trying to financially plan to upgrade for the standardized setup going forward.
YZ 8:27 PM - 10 January, 2020
Quote:
it's especially sad because they already have great screens in their supply line on the denon gear.

You can go to microcenter and buy a much nicer high refresh rate touchscreen for 100 bucks. If I can downgrade to this new mixer + cash I'm doing it. Took me just about 3 months until I figured out how trash that idea was.
HellNegative1 8:29 PM - 10 January, 2020
Quote:
The time has not yet come when we can control the mix 100% without the help of the computer. It is not yet for today, nor for tomorrow: There is no library inside the mixer, a socket for a hard drive would be the best but this requires a program like serato DJ in the mixer.
The display of the Rane 72 is unfortunately not efficient, and a computer is still compulsory.
I expect a suitable and efficient mixer like the TTM57SL with pads worthy of the Rane 72 too. ;)
Wait and see NAMM 2020...

This is already possible with Engine OS. The scripting of timecode is not all that complicated and does not require that much power to run at all. (I've gotten DVS with single deck control to work on a Pi Zero 1.4 while messing around with PiDeck).

That aside, you could easily throw a NUC in a mixer with a multi gesture touch screen with all the functions of something like a 62 and still manufacture well under the current pricepoint of modern battle mixers. The false inflation of cost in the pro audio market has been ridiculous over the past decade.
YZ 8:40 PM - 10 January, 2020
Pioneer been using no laptop architecture for years. Laptop DJ'ing is already old and phasing out. People aren't upgrading their mac books for 3500 anymore when you have shit like this coming out. It's been a long time coming for them to integrate the software in the hardware. Once we get 12" platter with integrated software it will be a wrap.
Chino 8:48 PM - 10 January, 2020
Quote:
That aside, you could easily throw a NUC in a mixer with a multi gesture touch screen with all the functions of something like a 62 and still manufacture well under the current pricepoint of modern battle mixers. The false inflation of cost in the pro audio market has been ridiculous over the past decade.

Well said!!
DJ Quartz 9:04 PM - 10 January, 2020
Quote:
Pioneer been using no laptop architecture for years. Laptop DJ'ing is already old and phasing out. People aren't upgrading their mac books for 3500 anymore when you have shit like this coming out. It's been a long time coming for them to integrate the software in the hardware. Once we get 12" platter with integrated software it will be a wrap.

The reason I like the laptop setup is I can manage my music/update directly.
If I have to take a usb stick to another computer, organize, tag, cleanup tracks, and
then plug it back into the unit, then update in that os/system and depend that everything works.

Currently everything can be managed, and backed up on the macbook and I can take it with me if I need to work on anything outside of the office/studio.
deejayfatcat 10:51 PM - 10 January, 2020
I highly disagree with this. You really have 2 camps. The few hundred festival DJs playing on the pioneer gear stand alone. Then you have the few thousand DJs in every major city in the world, working in bars, lounges, clubs and mobile gigs every night on laptops and whatever gear is at the venue.

Where do you see the laptop phasing out? Not upgrading laptops is a function of the laptop tech being good enough since like 2012 to run the current software load.

Furthermore, stand alone is a bit of a pipe dream because the laptop is just integrated into the control hardware. I don’t really see the appeal to the camp MOST of us are.

Quote:

Quote:
deejayfatcat 10:52 PM - 10 January, 2020
Sorry quartz, I quoted the wrong post.
DJ Quartz 11:14 PM - 10 January, 2020
No worries man.
Culprit 1:21 AM - 11 January, 2020
i love microcenter, I have one 15 mins from my pad
STRyk 9:30 AM - 11 January, 2020
Quote:
That aside, you could easily throw a NUC in a mixer with a multi gesture touch screen with all the functions of something like a 62 and still manufacture well under the current pricepoint of modern battle mixers.

It's not a real soution, it's too big... With an (little) ARM, ok, but it's not possible. NUC is too big.
Quote:
The false inflation of cost in the pro audio market has been ridiculous over the past decade.
I agree that ;)
Quote:
Where do you see the laptop phasing out?

Yep' I second that.
greggotron 2:16 PM - 11 January, 2020
No more laptop....
www.thudrumble.com
DJ Quartz 2:27 PM - 11 January, 2020
Quote:
No more laptop....
www.thudrumble.com

I seen the demos awhile back, it's great in theory but no.

I work in IT and I already know the dangers of this if components fail.

No thanks, don't need those headaches.

BUT it is a dope concept.
DJ Tecniq 6:59 PM - 11 January, 2020
Noice!
ibb.co
dj_soo 8:41 PM - 11 January, 2020
I would sell my 72 for this in a heartbeat if it had split cue.

I wonder if the magfour faders are backwards compatible with the 72?
krisp kutz 8:55 PM - 11 January, 2020
Quote:

I don’t think so if you look the front panel has a extra knob thinking maybe the tension control
DJ Quartz 9:12 PM - 11 January, 2020
YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dj_soo 10:13 PM - 11 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

I don’t think so if you look the front panel has a extra knob thinking maybe the tension control

Ugh - hopefully they put out a redesigned magthree then cause something lighter and with a tighter cut would be dope
krisp kutz 10:21 PM - 11 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ugh - hopefully they put out a redesigned magthree then cause something lighter and with a tighter cut would be dope

Get the innofader for the 72 problem solved.
funkyfresh2012 10:25 PM - 11 January, 2020
What is MSRP and street price? Any word yet?
dj_soo 10:28 PM - 11 January, 2020
Probably find out on Monday when I believe the official announcement is supposed to come out.

I can’t see them pricing this more than the S9 so my guess is $1599-$1699

If they want to fuck Reloop as wel, they could price this at like $1499
J.J. 10:42 PM - 11 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don't forget, guys, the pic below was a mock-up too and we got the 62 shortly after it was leaked.

i.pinimg.com

The wait begins....

I did that image in Illustrator based off the leaked blurry photo. I remember thinking... what could a Rane possibly put there?
DJ Quartz 11:42 PM - 11 January, 2020
Quote:
Probably find out on Monday when I believe the official announcement is supposed to come out.

If they priced it at 1499usd, it would be approx. 1,957.39cdn

So $2000, I can accept that especially since the 57SL was $1599cdn when it was available.
dj_soo 1:56 AM - 12 January, 2020
S9 is $1699 so about $2300 cdn.

The more I study this, the more this looks like a direct shot against the S9 - trims and knobs on the side of the eqs, going back to the cue fader, hardware effects dead centre.

If it was cheaper than the S9 and the faders are a huge improvement on the level of the magvel pro or innofader, this could be huge for Rane and InMusic - especially if pioneer keeps dragging their feet with the s9 mk2
dj_soo 1:56 AM - 12 January, 2020
S9 is $1699 so about $2300 cdn.

The more I study this, the more this looks like a direct shot against the S9 - trims and knobs on the side of the eqs, going back to the cue fader, hardware effects dead centre.

If it was cheaper than the S9 and the faders are a huge improvement on the level of the magvel pro or innofader, this could be huge for Rane and InMusic - especially if pioneer keeps dragging their feet with the s9 mk2
dj_soo 2:22 AM - 12 January, 2020
Yikes - sorry for the triple post
Chino 3:19 AM - 12 January, 2020
If Rane releases a matching set of Rane 9s to go along with the Rane Seventy then its a wrap... I'll sell my 72 & Technics SLDZ MKIIs.
krisp kutz 3:35 AM - 12 January, 2020
Quote:
If Rane releases a matching set of Rane 9s to go along with the Rane Seventy then its a wrap... I'll sell my 72 & Technics SLDZ MKIIs.

Why 9? I think they would do a 7 or 10
Chino 3:43 AM - 12 January, 2020
Quote:

I would gladly accept a "Rane 10"! I just need something smaller & more portable than a Rane 12.
DJ Varmintbaby 5:25 AM - 12 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There's a picture out with specs on the Rane 70 and it says it has adjustable crossfader tension....
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:40 AM - 12 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

I would gladly accept a "Rane 10"! I just need something smaller & more portable than a Rane 12.

Denon SC6000M 🤓
Chino 4:40 PM - 12 January, 2020
Quote:
Denon SC6000M 🤓

I'm considering it. It would of been very innovative of Denon DJ had they made the screen removeable.

Maybe Denon will come out with a SC5500- version WITHOUT the screen & have it work with muti-platforms (Serato, Traktor, Vitual DJ etc.)
DJMIYAGI 6:17 PM - 12 January, 2020
Quote:

Quote:
<div class="quote pl pr pt pb bg-l" readability="7">

Makes sense to do a Ten.
72, 12
70, 10
greggotron 6:47 PM - 12 January, 2020
Rane had a post on Instagram the other day about 4 channel mixer, so I’d bet they come out with a seventy four to match the seventy.
A ‘ten’ would be pretty awesome as well.
dj_soo 8:29 PM - 12 January, 2020
I doubt Rane would make a 4 channel outside of a 2015 update. It would be competing directly with the denon 1850 and none of Rane a 4 channels outside of the super old gear and the 2015 were ever that successful
DJ Quartz 8:32 PM - 12 January, 2020
Quote:
I doubt Rane would make a 4 channel outside of a 2015 update. It would be competing directly with the denon 1850 and none of Rane a 4 channels outside of the super old gear and the 2015 were ever that successful

This is true even though I did like the 68 but I didn't get to try the 64 which probably was a lot better designed.
DJ Quartz 8:33 PM - 12 January, 2020
They might make a 74, you never know since they discontinued the 68 and 64.
dj_soo 9:20 PM - 12 January, 2020
I think Rane should stay in their lane for the most part.

Maybe keep the 4 channels to their ultra high end 2015 rotary and stick with what brought them to the dance in the first place - 2 channel scratch mixers and serato gear.

I think you’re going to see more separation in brands moving forward - Rane is the hip hop/scratch brand, denon is the standalone/club brand and Numark is the entry level/beginner brand and maybe focusing on laptop only controllers?

I dunno, it just seems like competing with your own company isn’t a good look.
DJ Quartz 10:00 PM - 12 January, 2020
Quote:
I think Rane should stay in their lane for the most part.

Maybe keep the 4 channels to their ultra high end 2015 rotary and stick with what brought them to the dance in the first place - 2 channel scratch mixers and serato gear.

I think you’re going to see more separation in brands moving forward - Rane is the hip hop/scratch brand, denon is the standalone/club brand and Numark is the entry level/beginner brand and maybe focusing on laptop only controllers?

I dunno, it just seems like competing with your own company isn’t a good look.

That makes sense and I see your point. The only reason I mention the 74 is some club installations require more channels. At my old residency, the 68 came in very handy for that.

The only problem was it was dated and the 64 was updated but they were discontinuing that right away as well.

That didn't leave a Rane equivalent to replace it.
dj_soo 10:18 PM - 12 January, 2020
Club installations are going to be 90% pioneer at this point. 10 years ago when Rane released the 68 and 64, it was less and they still failed to crack the market. They’re already trying to make a dent with their denon gear so why would they divide their already small share with another 4 channel mixer that likely few clubs will ever buy.
DJ Quartz 10:36 PM - 12 January, 2020
Well why do anything, right?

But this week will reveals I guess. I'm just curious why they asked which was preferred on their instagram feed.
dj_soo 11:35 PM - 12 January, 2020
Not encroaching on your own company’s target market and sticking with what works isn’t “doing nothing.”

InMusic is trying to challenge pioneer’s stranglehold on all aspects of the market and competing with yourself probably isn’t the best way to do it - especially when we’re talking something so entrenched in status quo as 4 channel club mixers.
dj_soo 11:36 PM - 12 January, 2020
Who knows, maybe they’ll announce a 74 on Monday, but I think it’s going to be a mistake given how well that went for them last time around.
Culprit 3:37 AM - 13 January, 2020
i think rane dj should just stick to two channel battle mixers. That is the core of their market base. Let denon fight with pioneer.
dj_soo 4:01 AM - 13 January, 2020
I think they still have a market for the mp2015
Aligan 9:39 AM - 13 January, 2020
Just put a crossfader on the mp 2015, so we all have the turntablist rotary.
Bondage 9:52 AM - 13 January, 2020
Quote:
Just put a crossfader on the mp 2015, so we all have the turntablist rotary.

Idd ... Can't understand why they not do that ...
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:37 AM - 13 January, 2020
The mp series was a joke, no serato support for years and then they don't even support the 2014 unless I missed that update,

Better options out there for the real audiophile's
DJ Quartz 12:48 PM - 13 January, 2020
They never supported the 2014 which I never understood. Then discontinued it.

I actually wanted to get a 2014 but not without sdj support.

We'll see what happens I guess.
577er 1:36 PM - 13 January, 2020
Quote:
They never supported the 2014 which I never understood. Then discontinued it.

I actually wanted to get a 2014 but not without sdj support.

We'll see what happens I guess.

The MP2015 and 2014 landed in the era of “vinyl only” mix DJs being the only people buying expensive rotaries. They should have skipped the digital component and built a high end analog mixer that the target audience wouldn’t have turned their nose up at.
DJ Quartz 1:45 PM - 13 January, 2020
Quote:
The MP2015 and 2014 landed in the era of “vinyl only” mix DJs being the only people buying expensive rotaries. They should have skipped the digital component and built a high end analog mixer that the target audience wouldn’t have turned their nose up at.

I get this, but in this day and age, you can have both.

But I do see Soo's and Culprit's point of Rane sticking with 2-ch mixers only.

Refocus, dominate and then experiment.
Culprit 3:07 PM - 13 January, 2020
I know this Rane release is geared towards DJs like me who want that S9 with the extra hardware quality output. I'm just sad it took so long for them to push it out, though that may be a total business move.

To release the 72 before the 70 only makes sense in not go irritate the pioneer relationship.

Even if there is a s9mk2 in the works they use that 3 o'clock gain structure on the master output, it's not the ideal way I run my sound system.
DJ Quartz 5:29 PM - 13 January, 2020
Quote:
I know this Rane release is geared towards DJs like me who want that S9 with the extra hardware quality output. I'm just sad it took so long for them to push it out, though that may be a total business move.

To release the 72 before the 70 only makes sense in not go irritate the pioneer relationship.

Even if there is a s9mk2 in the works they use that 3 o'clock gain structure on the master output, it's not the ideal way I run my sound system.

They could have been waiting to see if Pioneer was even interested in upgrading the S9.

Maybe there isn't a mk2 version coming so they launched the 70 now instead.
dj_soo 6:05 PM - 13 January, 2020
Quote:

I don’t think serato really has any say in inmusic’s release schedule other than making sure they get the compatible software out,
Culprit 6:17 PM - 13 January, 2020
AKIEM 8:58 PM - 13 January, 2020
Its a Rane 57MK3
HellNegative1 9:28 PM - 13 January, 2020
The press release is out now. I for one am super excited for the Rane Seventy. It's clean and gives me the 72 without the screen I wanted originally.
DJMIYAGI 9:44 PM - 13 January, 2020
Quote:
Its a Rane 57MK3

Like a 72 and 62 had a baby
Djkom 10:51 PM - 13 January, 2020
Quote:
The press release is out now. I for one am super excited for the Rane Seventy. It's clean and gives me the 72 without the screen I wanted originally.

Nothing official has been published yet.
Where have you seen the PR ???
DJ JulioYEG 11:10 PM - 13 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

If they priced it at 1499usd, it would be approx. 1,957.39cdn

So $2000, I can accept that especially since the 57SL was $1599cdn when it was available.

bought my personal use s9 in December paid 2499 cdn with tax now im having buyers remorse and could have waited and bought this smh..
krisp kutz 11:26 PM - 13 January, 2020
bought my personal use s9 in December paid 2499 cdn with tax now im having buyers remorse and could have waited and bought this smh..
Damn where did you pay $2499 for the s9 ? In Canada you can get one for $2300 or less.
Culprit 11:30 PM - 13 January, 2020
the s9 is still beast and its solid. There is no gaurantee out the box the seventy will be working 100% or its workflow.

The workflow with the S9 is damn near perfect. Anyone who is buying the first round of Seventy mixers are basically paying to beta test
DJ JulioYEG 11:32 PM - 13 January, 2020
Quote:
Damn where did you pay $2499 for the s9 ? In Canada you can get one for $2300 or less.

long and mcquade the only music store you can physically go in person
DJ JulioYEG 11:34 PM - 13 January, 2020
Quote:
the s9 is still beast and its solid. There is no gaurantee out the box the seventy will be working 100% or its workflow.

The workflow with the S9 is damn near perfect. Anyone who is buying the first round of Seventy mixers are basically paying to beta test

true i have s9s for my company to use for events and at its the only mixer present at my residencies so im used to the work flow. but just using another toy makes me feel like im missing out.
AKIEM 4:33 AM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Its a Rane 57MK3

Like a 72 and 62 had a baby

hmmm.

....long as it's got the joysticks
DJMIYAGI 12:45 PM - 14 January, 2020
DJMIYAGI 3:32 PM - 14 January, 2020
greggotron 3:32 PM - 14 January, 2020
Craze routine with it.
youtu.be
SG SOUNDS 3:57 PM - 14 January, 2020
They made every control we complained about on the 72 and made it more accessible on the 70 and then some

Dedicated fadder tension adjust

Dedicated loop controls

Dedicated instant doubles control

6 instant access flex efx and SDJ pro stackable efx controls

Slider knob for for headphone cue

Were can I trade in my 72?
DJ Quartz 4:07 PM - 14 January, 2020
WOOOOOOO FINALLLY!!! Just got to work to see the announcement!

DONE!!!!!!!

62 is getting traded in finally!!
Djkom 4:54 PM - 14 January, 2020
Craze is officially a CLOWN ! How much Rane gave him ?
He finally gets a mew Tesla ? 😅
Djkom 4:55 PM - 14 January, 2020
The only things I miss compared to the 72:
- Mag FOUR
- Direct and single FX acces

Wondering if the mag FOUR could fit in the 72 and if a firmware update can turn the 8 FX buttons into internal FX mode (I know it's possible because the orange buttons can also be blue).
Bondage 5:17 PM - 14 January, 2020
much more brighter eq knobs !! A big thing for me
Bondage 5:20 PM - 14 January, 2020
But that instant double feature is a big fail for me ... If you mistake and you push it cause you think it's a cue headphone !! It's exact same place !! ... You can fuck up your mix allot hahaha
Bondage 5:21 PM - 14 January, 2020
But anyway ... It's Rane !! Love the gear !! Nice mixer
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:23 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
- Mag FOUR

Wondering if the mag FOUR could fit in the 72 and if a firmware update can turn the 8 FX buttons into internal FX mode (I know it's possible because the orange buttons can also be blue).

Jamie (Crossfader) mentioned that new fader will be available for the 72 in his video
dj_soo 5:25 PM - 14 January, 2020
Only thing that would keep me from selling my 72 for this is the lack of split cue. I’m completely over the fader cue.
dj_soo 5:27 PM - 14 January, 2020
Oops nm - looks like there’s a split cue switch on the front. Well shit.
dj_soo 5:35 PM - 14 January, 2020
Any word on pricing?
krisp kutz 5:44 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Any word on pricing?

Mrsp $1499
Bondage 5:47 PM - 14 January, 2020
Rane 72 discontinued? now?

1600 euro
dj_soo 5:58 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Any word on pricing?

Mrsp $1499

Sounds about right. Aggressive pricing coming in under the S9.

Quote:

1600 euro

Likely a standard price drop after 2 years on the market.
Bondage 6:11 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Any word on pricing?

Mrsp $1499

Sounds about right. Aggressive pricing coming in under the S9.

Quote:

1600 euro

Likely a standard price drop after 2 years on the market.

Yeah ... But why prime 1850 much more cheaper then Rane?
I love Rane, but still they are allot money
dj_soo 6:13 PM - 14 January, 2020
Well, the serato support immediately adds $150 to the price tag and the faders on the Rane are going to be better (even if you dislike the newer Rane faders).
dj_soo 6:14 PM - 14 January, 2020
One thing I noticed is that it’s still about the same size as the 72 - at least in length. Guess they want to stay hell bent on having the mixer flush with the twelves.
Bondage 6:16 PM - 14 January, 2020
I like the twelve allot. It's a taste thing ... But so much space on the twelve, i love it
greggotron 6:17 PM - 14 January, 2020
The irony. Whatever though, gots to get paid.

twitter.com
DJ Quartz 6:37 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
But that instant double feature is a big fail for me ... If you mistake and you push it cause you think it's a cue headphone !! It's exact same place !! ... You can fuck up your mix allot hahaha

I don't use instant double, so these will be remapped to pnt on/off buttons one time!

So they will be excellent for that.
popnwave 7:30 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
The irony. Whatever though, gots to get paid.

twitter.com

free gear goes a long way.. for most people who lack self control on social media - there is literally a tweet or post for everything.
AKIEM 8:10 PM - 14 January, 2020
so they finally put the instant doubles front center.
boom

(wonder if you can put delay the track AND sampler instead of OR)
HellNegative1 8:45 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
- Mag FOUR

InMusic confirmed that the Mag4 will fit in the 72. The PR that was shared with me was secondhand from someone who is at the InMusic event in Ft. Lauderdale. Someone else also leaked the e-mail sheet publicly on facebook.
metroplex2005 9:01 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
InMusic confirmed that the Mag4 will fit in the 72.

Minus tension-adjustment control.
Mr. Goodkat 9:16 PM - 14 January, 2020
its says it has mag4 and tension adjust is on the front of the mixer?
krisp kutz 9:19 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
its says it has mag4 and tension adjust is on the front of the mixer?

Yes the 70 has tension outside mixer but 72 won’t.
YZ 9:21 PM - 14 January, 2020
Anyone wanna buy a Rane 72?
Mr. Goodkat 9:22 PM - 14 January, 2020
yeah, i didnt get this comment, but misread the one before me

''The only things I miss compared to the 72:
- Mag FOUR''
YZ 9:32 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Not sure about you guys but how often are you adjusting tension on a faders? Sounds like a feature they slapped on there just because Pioneer is doing it...
Culprit 9:33 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not sure about you guys but how often are you adjusting tension on a faders? Sounds like a feature they slapped on there just because Pioneer is doing it...

If its for the studio, never. If its a provided unit at a club, always.
krisp kutz 9:33 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I change it quite a bit on my s9 depends on what I’m doing if I’m juggling I like to add some tension when I scratching I like to have it loose.
AKIEM 9:46 PM - 14 January, 2020
Q: will I be able to apply an effect (delay) on a track and/or on a sample separately?
(this is an issue for the 57)
dj_soo 9:50 PM - 14 January, 2020
That’s one of the the features that might keep me on the 72.

The 72 allows you to apply effects via flex fx and has a dedicated filter knob. The 70 just has the knob.
dj_soo 9:51 PM - 14 January, 2020
Also, my InMusic contact also confirmed that the magfour will work with the 72
DJ Quartz 9:57 PM - 14 January, 2020
@ Soo

Can you find out for me if the main mic still has the duck(talkover) feature. This is something I requested for the 62 firmware awhile back and the 72 got it.

I just want to check if the 70 has it because that's a good mode to have when an MC is hosting the party while you're spinning, no reaching over and touching the volume when you're trying to transition to match their dialog. They can talk free.
Culprit 9:58 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Q: will I be able to apply an effect (delay) on a track and/or on a sample separately?

man, this mixer was almost 100% perfect for me. There is no button to clarify effects on the aux/sampler output and thats a major let down. I use that sampler effect on my s9 religiously
AKIEM 10:00 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
That’s one of the the features that might keep me on the 72.

The 72 allows you to apply effects via flex fx and has a dedicated filter knob. The 70 just has the knob.

But I could probably use the mixer effects on the track, and use the SDJ effects on the sampler?

Guessing the sampler can route separate in the 'session in'
Culprit 10:01 PM - 14 January, 2020
sorry i may be jumping to conclusions here. Is that flexfx for the sampler output?

I see thats how its labeled on my rane 62, the placement threw me off
AKIEM 10:01 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

man, this mixer was almost 100% perfect for me. There is no button to clarify effects on the aux/sampler output and thats a major let down. I use that sampler effect on my s9 religiously

right? near perfect.
I resorted to using a sp-404 sampler for effects on a sample.
Ive never ever used SDJs sampler...
AKIEM 10:04 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
sorry i may be jumping to conclusions here. Is that flexfx for the sampler output?

I see thats how its labeled on my rane 62, the placement threw me off

Im guessing the FlexFX is only for the track. Thats fine for me, If I can just use the SDJ effects on the Sampler.

I just want to hit an air horn with a damn delay on it
dj_soo 10:04 PM - 14 January, 2020
There may be a way to route effects to the sampler channel like the s9.

It was never all that intuitive on the 72 because you had to assign the fx bank to the channel on the screen, but it would reset each time so you had to remember to do it each session.

Having the flex fx button is really nice if you use sampler a lot tho. I also liked the dedicated filter knob.
DJ JulioYEG 10:10 PM - 14 January, 2020
Watchwww.youtube.com

seems like they really tried to copy the s9 work flow but its just not the same and only 3 hardware fx is a turn off
Culprit 10:17 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

seems like they really tried to copy the s9 work flow but its just not the same and only 3 hardware fx is a turn off

I see 6 hardware effects, the standard effects on most current mixers
DJ JulioYEG 10:18 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

i thought they did 3 for eachside my bad looked at it wrong
DJ JulioYEG 10:24 PM - 14 January, 2020
also in the settings of the mixer you change the instant double buttons to be sync or silent cue theyre fully midi mapable too
DJ Quartz 10:25 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

i thought they did 3 for eachside my bad looked at it wrong

I was just going to say...

I like the silent cue mode on the instant double button. So it will be shift + those buttons for pnt enable/disable for me. NICE!
Culprit 10:25 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
also in the settings of the mixer you change the instant double buttons to be sync or silent cue theyre fully midi mapable too

Yep I know a ton of djs using silent cue just manually.
AKIEM 10:27 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

seems like Rane been doing lots of listening users, lots of requests answered.
(lol @ hardware filling requests faster than software)

sad no footswitch or sync out - but eh

...and $1500? boom
AKIEM 10:28 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Yep I know a ton of djs using silent cue just manually.

yeah that shit is dope...

...been a Serato request for years... and Rane does it.
DJ Tecniq 11:06 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Anyone wanna buy a Rane 72?
What happened bruh you been bigging up the Rane 72 since release...wasn’t that hot was it🤔
dj_soo 12:13 AM - 15 January, 2020
Go back to your pioneer hole.
STRyk 12:44 AM - 15 January, 2020
I think it's an error to have put the volume of the sampler and the preview buttons in front of the pads ...
It's good to have removed this screen which was used for NOTHING, but by gaining the place, it would have been welcome to put all the potentiometers on the face, not on the front.
Nice mixer but there are still some gaps. :(
krisp kutz 12:53 AM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:

LOL
DJ Quartz 1:02 AM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

Play nice guys...

Serato had input on both the S9 and Rane mixers.... so they must have some similarities,

NO?
J.J. 1:02 AM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
ure is a big fail for me ... If you mistake and you push it cause you think it's a cue headphone !! It's exact same place !! ... Y

Like DJ JulioYEG said, you can actually change the Instant Double buttons with SYNC or Silent Cue. Check out the video at 3:13.
youtu.be
DJ Quartz 2:04 AM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
ure is a big fail for me ... If you mistake and you push it cause you think it's a cue headphone !! It's exact same place !! ... Y

Like DJ JulioYEG said, you can actually change the Instant Double buttons with SYNC or Silent Cue. Check out the video at 3:13.
youtu.be

Or just turn them off.
DJ JulioYEG 3:03 AM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

Or just turn them off.

huge waste
DJ Tecniq 8:48 AM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:

S9 fx > Rane 72 fx...goodnight
dj_soo 8:53 AM - 15 January, 2020
oh I agree. I also believe the S9 crossfader > 72 crossfader, S9 looping controls > 72 looping controls (although I still hate the S9 loop controls).

but

72 pads > S9 pads, 72 sound > S9 sound, 72 build > 72 build, 72 upfaders > S9 upfaders, 72 USB hub > S9 no hub, 72 2xmics > S9 1 mic, etc. etc. etc.

Regardless tho, it's all preference. Why you feel the need to chime in about something completely irrelevant is beyond me tho since this thread is about the new Rane 70 and not about the S9 or the 72.
DJ Quartz 8:56 AM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
oh I agree. I also believe the S9 crossfader > 72 crossfader, S9 looping controls > 72 looping controls (although I still hate the S9 loop controls).

but

72 pads > S9 pads, 72 sound > S9 sound, 72 build > 72 build, 72 upfaders > S9 upfaders, 72 USB hub > S9 no hub, 72 2xmics > S9 1 mic, etc. etc. etc.

Regardless tho, it's all preference. Why you feel the need to chime in about something completely irrelevant is beyond me tho since this thread is about the new Rane 70 and not about the S9 or the 72.

I tested the S9 at L&M couple weeks back. I prefer Rane faders. The S9 fader felt way too light and had that plastic feel to it.
DJ Quartz 8:58 AM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

Or just turn them off.

huge waste

Not necessarily, you could remap them to something else if needed.
dj_soo 9:01 AM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:

I tested the S9 at L&M couple weeks back. I prefer Rane faders. The S9 fader felt way too light and had that plastic feel to it.

you're one of the few. I find the MagThree faders kind of clunky. The 62 and 57 faders were great tho.
DJ Quartz 9:04 AM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

you're one of the few. I find the MagThree faders kind of clunky. The 62 and 57 faders were great tho.

Possibly with the weight reduction they did with the Mag Four design the faders will feel more 62-esque.
dj_soo 9:08 AM - 15 January, 2020
Here's hoping. I'm still eyeing the Innofader, but if the MagFour feels nice, I'd rather not spend the $180 it costs for the 72 compatible inno.

Or who knows, maybe I'll sell my 72 for the 70... still would want to try it before I decide tho.
DJ Quartz 9:22 AM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Here's hoping. I'm still eyeing the Innofader, but if the MagFour feels nice, I'd rather not spend the $180 it costs for the 72 compatible inno.

Or who knows, maybe I'll sell my 72 for the 70... still would want to try it before I decide tho.

Yes if I had a 72 now I would feel the same. But being I tried the 72 couple weeks back I found myself wanting an upgraded 62 because of some of the workflow changes with the 72 I didn't like.

So the 70 is a no brainer for me. I wasn't sure what was going to drop but I'm happy with the 70. I've watched a couple of product videos other than Rane's and it makes 100% sense for me now.
DJ Quartz 9:30 AM - 15 January, 2020
More importantly the midi pad feature as well because I can take all my ME mappings over to it.

Also, I can clean up my workflow now because of the 8 pads. I used a midi layer to access cue points 6-8 and reloop for loop slots 1 & 2. Since there was only 5 buttons available for each deck on the 62, this was a work around.

I mapped other things like pnt on/off in different layers as well along with a couple of other functions. The remaining layers were all ME functions.

With the 70 I can use the instant double buttons for pnt, All cue points will be accessible with the hot cue pad mode. I like the loop controls and pad mode, that will clean things up as well.

The I can use one pad midi layer for extra sdj functions and the other for ME completely which is only two layers vs four to switch through.
SG SOUNDS 11:53 AM - 15 January, 2020
According to Mojaxx the flex efx engine has been upgraded, he says the efx audio has been improved over the 72...the echo definitely sounds like it has more depth to it in the video @2:42 and @4:10 he clearly says the efx audio is a improvement over the 72

youtu.be
CMOS 3:49 PM - 15 January, 2020
Can someone explain Silent Cue for me?

Im confused.
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:59 PM - 15 January, 2020
You cue up but no sound
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:00 PM - 15 January, 2020
Don't see the point in it as you'd normally cue with the fader closed
AKIEM 4:02 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Can someone explain Silent Cue for me?

Im confused.

You can use it like dropping the fader down on a track to mute - for turntablist, cut the track, scratch on the other deck, bring it back. The advantage is you get a real clean cut off mute, then tap a cue to bring it back (instead of taping a cue AND pushing up on thee fader)

Now Im wondering if tapping it again un-mutes.
dj_soo 4:23 PM - 15 January, 2020
it basically allows for a track load and play with a cue button and minimizing every other control. So you don't need to move your fader or crossfader or press play, etc.

Before the feature, DVS DJs would set up their first cue at the very end of the track so when they loaded the track, it would be silence but still be playing. Then all you had to do was press a cue and the track will immediately play.
CMOS 5:03 PM - 15 January, 2020
So its a mute switch that disengages when you hit the cue?

Do you guys use the cues to start the live track often?

I usually use the cue to get back to 1 or whatever point i need, then use the record or jog to drop.

Do people just hit the cue and slam the fader now? I couldnt imagine doing that all night. Reminds me of my non DJ buddies slamming cue points while at the house and saying "peep this juggle" lol.
DJ JulioYEG 5:15 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

S9 fx > Rane 72 fx...goodnight

+10000000000000000000000000000
DJ JulioYEG 5:17 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

Or just turn them off.

huge waste

Not necessarily, you could remap them to something else if needed.

when you said turn off i took it as the button having no use and being there.
but yes the button is completely remapable
DJ Quartz 5:17 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
it basically allows for a track load and play with a cue button and minimizing every other control. So you don't need to move your fader or crossfader or press play, etc.

Before the feature, DVS DJs would set up their first cue at the very end of the track so when they loaded the track, it would be silence but still be playing. Then all you had to do was press a cue and the track will immediately play.

You can also jump to the beginning of the track, spin back a few rotations to emulate the silent cue point function.
DJ JulioYEG 5:17 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

but

crazy i thought the rane faders felt too cheap
DJ JulioYEG 5:19 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
So the 70 is a no brainer for me. I wasn't sure what was going to drop but I'm happy with the 70. I've watched a couple of product videos other than Rane's and it makes 100% sense for me now.

idk if this important to you or not but locally most of the clubs in our are have a s9 and i hardly see rane gear unless its a 62 thats a backup mixer.. so if your looking at getting the industry standard at home id get the s9
Chino 5:20 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Do people just hit the cue and slam the fader now? I couldnt imagine doing that all night. Reminds me of my non DJ buddies slamming cue points while at the house and saying "peep this juggle" lol.

Unfortunately, this IS the current trend aka QUICK mixes. I recently went to a club where there was a very well known DJ that did this ALL night. He literally played 15 songs in a minute.

I can maybe listen to this style but trying to dance to a new song every 4-5 seconds??!!
DJ JulioYEG 5:23 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
So its a mute switch that disengages when you hit the cue?

Do you guys use the cues to start the live track often?

I usually use the cue to get back to 1 or whatever point i need, then use the record or jog to drop.

its used in dj routes
DJ JulioYEG 5:24 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately, this IS the current trend aka QUICK mixes. I recently went to a club where there was a very well known DJ that did this ALL night. He literally played 15 songs in a minute.

I can maybe listen to this style but trying to dance to a new song every 4-5 seconds??!!

a quick mix in a club should be a minute and 15 seconds ideally but 45 tops if they feelin it bigtime or there's a big artist verse coming up
dj_soo 5:29 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

idk if this important to you or not but locally most of the clubs in our are have a s9 and i hardly see rane gear unless its a 62 thats a backup mixer.. so if your looking at getting the industry standard at home id get the s9

And before that, it was the 62, and before that, the 57.

Standards change and it's not like these mixers are so different from each other than any competent DJ can't adjust.

All these "buy the shittier product because it's industry standard" comments always puzzle the fuck out of me.
DJ JulioYEG 5:38 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And before that, it was the 62, and before that, the 57.

Standards change and it's not like these mixers are so different from each other than any competent DJ can't adjust.

All these "buy the shittier product because it's industry standard" comments always puzzle the fuck out of me.

it shouldnt. its pretty simple actually. why have to constantly adjust when you can just have the same workflow in all environments. if the rane 70 or 72 were to be in all the clubs and considered the standard would you still say the same thing?
dj_soo 5:39 PM - 15 January, 2020
yes. I'd say buy what you want and get good enough to adapt.

I see so many "this product looks awesome, but don't get it cause pioneer, industry standard, something something" and it's ridiculous.
dj_soo 5:41 PM - 15 January, 2020
There was a time when you would never know what mixer was in any given booth and you just had to deal with it. Back then tho, everyone at least had a grasp of the fundamentals so it was just a matter of figuring out where things were placed on the fly.

Today, we have a generation of product specialists who can't play on anything but their own deck.

Digital DJing is more or less standadized at this point save for Pioneer's ridiculously outdated, 00s era blackberry-esque CDJ design so it's not like figuring out shit is difficult.
DJ Quartz 5:43 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:

I don't worry about this because I bring my own gear anyway, especially when it comes to mixers and turntables.
DJ JulioYEG 5:45 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
There was a time when you would never know what mixer was in any given booth and you just had to deal with it. Back then tho, everyone at least had a grasp of the fundamentals so it was just a matter of figuring out where things were placed on the fly.

Today, we have a generation of product specialists who can't play on anything but their own deck.

Digital DJing is more or less standadized at this point save for Pioneer's ridiculously outdated, 00s era blackberry-esque CDJ design so it's not like figuring out shit is difficult.

100p but thats why its nice having pioneer as the standard no? you know what expect. i still remember the days when clubs had the rack mounted numark dual cd players and everyone was using promo only getting montly cds. the games changed ao much theres no point on dwelling
Chino 5:56 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
yes. I'd say buy what you want and get good enough to adapt.

I see so many "this product looks awesome, but don't get it cause pioneer, industry standard, something something" and it's ridiculous.

+1000000!!!
dj_soo 5:58 PM - 15 January, 2020
I can't think of anything worse than pioneer being the only dj gear company. Their vision of Djing is shortsighted and boring, limited as all fuck, and completely overpriced.

People like it, great, but competition is good for everyone except pioneer.
Chino 6:00 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
People like it, great, but competition is good for everyone except pioneer.

Amen! PREACH that KNOWLEDGE!!!
Culprit 6:00 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Don't see the point in it as you'd normally cue with the fader closed

its super useful to djs who know how to use it, i see a ton of club and turntablist use it
Mr. Goodkat 9:22 PM - 15 January, 2020
did we get a release date or even q1/2/3/4 estimation
DJMIYAGI 9:28 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:

End of March/early April
Chino 9:53 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
End of March/early April

TRANSLATION= maybe May ; )
YZ 10:30 PM - 15 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
End of March/early April

TRANSLATION= maybe May ; )

Next May, only the IG dudes will get the first batch remember?
Bondage 7:46 AM - 16 January, 2020
Anybody knows if Rane wil upgrade its effects on the 72 also (just like the 70)?
dj_soo 7:51 AM - 16 January, 2020
72 is really due a firmware update so maybe?
DJMIYAGI 12:20 PM - 16 January, 2020
Quote:

www.instagram.com
If you read the comments Rane mentions a firmware update is coming.
HellNegative1 1:48 PM - 16 January, 2020
Quote:
Anybody knows if Rane wil upgrade its effects on the 72 also (just like the 70)?

I can;t confirm if they will match the Seventy, but an update is coming to the 72. The 72 will still be Rane's Flagship.
greggotron 2:23 PM - 16 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

www.instagram.com

I hope the firmware allows for dvs on the six inputs on the seventy two like the seventy.
Swapping out my turntables and phase inputs is pretty annoying.
greggotron 2:24 PM - 16 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.instagram.com

I hope the firmware allows for dvs on the six inputs on the seventy two like the seventy.

AUX, not six. Damn autocorrect.
DJ Tecniq 2:55 PM - 16 January, 2020
Quote:
Phase just made an announcement at NAMM with their collaboration with Serato as an official accessory so no rca cables will be needed anymore the new update requires usb plug & play and settings will customized from inside Serato software...holy shit!
DJ Tecniq 2:56 PM - 16 January, 2020
Read here”

A collaborative upgrade to take the DJ setup to the next level.

To get the year off to a good start, MWM has just announced at NAMM Show 2020, the collaboration between its product Phase, and Serato, the industry leader in DJ software.

Improving the communication between the product and the software, the development of this new integration will allow Phase to communicate with Serato DJ Pro directly through USB. This upgrade will hugely enhance the overall performances of Phase with Serato thanks to a powerful custom HID protocol.

Easier to set up getting rid of the RCA cables, more powerful and accurate, Phase will take the DJ setup to the next level.

Availability and key features.

This upgrade will be available to all Phase and Serato users and is expected to be officially released later in 2020.

Plug’n’play
No need to plug RCA cables anymore. Serato will directly read Phase through USB offering instant setup for the best possible experience.
Accuracy Improved
Using a powerful HID protocol, Phase latency and accuracy have been improved like never before. Now digital control has never been so close to using real records!
A New Phase Experience
Use Phase through USB as an Official Serato Accessory and access new features directly on Serato DJ Pro. Features will include special settings, customization and more.
DJ Tecniq 3:01 PM - 16 January, 2020
Official info here

discjockeynews.com
DJ Quartz 4:28 PM - 16 January, 2020
Quote:
Official info here

discjockeynews.com

Interesting....
DJ Quartz 4:29 PM - 16 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

End of March/early April

I normally wait until I see the drivers and manual files become available on the website.

Then you know they are out in the public since they need to have those files accessible for support.
dj_soo 5:43 PM - 16 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

www.instagram.com

That quote is ridiculous. Calling making the aux in DVS a “New feature” when the Rane 62 and 61 had that years back
Guidance2 12:39 PM - 17 January, 2020
Tell me if I am wrong but something is missing on the new seventy : the Slicer mode.
Mick Swell 4:31 PM - 17 January, 2020
I recently sold my 72 and went back to the S9 because of the crossfader and echo effect. Much better on the S9. However, I am still within my return period and now considering the 70 given the fact that the faders and echo effects have both been improved since the 72 and it would actually be cheaper for me to get the 70 than the S9. Also, I already have a carrying case for the 72 which will fit the 70 because the dimensions are almost identical. I don’t know what to do, sigh.
DJ Quartz 4:33 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
Tell me if I am wrong but something is missing on the new seventy : the Slicer mode.

It's most likely a secondary pad function, like pitch n play.

They just don't have it marked below the buttons on the 70. I'm going to see if that can be skinned.
HellNegative1 4:45 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
I recently sold my 72 and went back to the S9 because of the crossfader and echo effect. Much better on the S9. However, I am still within my return period and now considering the 70 given the fact that the faders and echo effects have both been improved since the 72 and it would actually be cheaper for me to get the 70 than the S9. Also, I already have a carrying case for the 72 which will fit the 70 because the dimensions are almost identical. I don’t know what to do, sigh.

If you are happy with the S9, stick with it. Your only benefit for moving over to the Seventy will be separate pad modes for each deck independently. Otherwise, the S9 is a more than capable battle mixer.
Mick Swell 5:20 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

If you are happy with the S9, stick with it. Your only benefit for moving over to the Seventy will be separate pad modes for each deck independently. Otherwise, the S9 is a more than capable battle mixer.

Thanks for the response. I agree with you 100%. Just thinking about the cost savings at this point.
577er 5:22 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
Your only benefit for moving over to the Seventy will be separate pad modes for each deck independently. Otherwise, the S9 is a more than capable battle mixer.

And the two port USB hub and 2 mic inputs for less money.
So Fresh 5:32 PM - 17 January, 2020
I've had a 72 and 12's on loan for a couple of months and have only just got the 12's feeling super nice adding a washer on the spindle polishing platter and adding butter rugs, I really like them now but out of the box I was leaning back towards my vestax

the 72 is not for me though, just don't like the feel of the fader or layout

the sound quality is amazing!

I've just switched back to my S9 after doing a bit of TLC on the fader and that thing is all I need and more out of mixer, its the best fader I have ever used hands down.

I feel stupid wasting that time on the 72,l the faders are not as nice as the S9 and the layout is not as good + I really don't like the meters on the 72

anyway, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the mag 4's but very much doubt the 70 is going make me want to trade in the S9
DJ JulioYEG 5:41 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

just get dj havboards custom mapping
Mick Swell 6:27 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

just get dj havboards custom mapping

Where can I see the custom mapping from DJ havboards?
DJ Tecniq 7:16 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
Seems a lot are turning away from the 72. It was just amount of time before it would happen. S9 is just hands on a quicker mixer to work with. Mapping here

youtu.be
SG SOUNDS 7:21 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:

Check Mojaxx from DJCITY reviews on the differences between the 70 and 72, they upgraded the fx on the 70 you can clearly hear it in the video, they also made the triggering of the efx easier to trigger similar to the s9 and the 62

They also upgraded the faders to mag 4, the Rane is a better quality built mixer than the s9 also better sound quality
SG SOUNDS 7:23 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Seems a lot are turning away from the 72. It was just amount of time before it would happen. S9 is just hands on a quicker mixer to work with. Mapping here

youtu.be

True, alot of stuff was complicated on the 72, the 70 changes that, imo the 70 is what the 72 should of been when it first came out..
DJ Tecniq 7:39 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
True, alot of stuff was complicated on the 72, the 70 changes that, imo the 70 is what the 72 should of been when it first came out..
I agree. They backtracked for sure and should of designed the 70 first. I like the 70 I’ve just not been a fan of Rane mixers esp how their older mixers have trouble with new OS’s.
DJMIYAGI 7:57 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
imo the 70 is what the 72 should of been when it first came out..

Same thing happened with the 61 and 57MKII. 61 should have been the 57MKII from the start.
DJMIYAGI 7:57 PM - 17 January, 2020
Trial and error
DJ Quartz 8:02 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
Trial and error

Yeah but they claim to consult DJ's on these designs. Somebody I sure would have been
like hold that's not going to work, the flow should be as such.....
DJMIYAGI 8:06 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
Somebody I sure would have been like hold that's not going to work, the flow should be as such.....

You would think so
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:18 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Trial and error

Yeah but they claim to consult DJ's on these designs. Somebody I sure would have been

The customers are now guinea pigs.

Quote:
I've just switched back to my S9 after doing a bit of TLC on the fader and that thing is all I need and more out of mixer, its the best fader I have ever used hands down.

Quote:
I recently sold my 72 and went back to the S9

Don’t let DJSoo hear that 😀

He hates the S9
DJ Quartz 9:32 PM - 17 January, 2020
LOL, I tried the S9 could weeks back and the fader is too light and plastic feeling.

I like the heavy Rane faders. I'm hoping the mag4 faders have the same feel as the 62.
dj_soo 9:51 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Trial and error

The customers are now guinea pigs.

Quote:

Quote:
I recently sold my 72 and went back to the S9

Don’t let DJSoo hear that 😀

He hates the S9

I could give a shit what others prefer and I do love that magvel fader, but every time I play on the s9 (which I do often), I just get angry about how limited it is.
DJ Tecniq 10:43 PM - 17 January, 2020
Quote:
LOL, I tried the S9 could weeks back and the fader is too light and plastic feeling.

I like the heavy Rane faders. I'm hoping the mag4 faders have the same feel as the 62.
I wasn’t a fan of the think S9 fader either. Changed it to a coolorcap fader and enjoy it much more.
DJ Tecniq 10:43 PM - 17 January, 2020
Thick*
AKIEM 7:29 PM - 19 January, 2020
since I skipped the 72 and want to make sure this will not be an issue on the 70 (like it is on the 57)

You can (or not) assign an effect (delay echo synced to BPM) to a track and/or the sampler?

is that correct?

I need to be able to echo out a track AND hit a sample with a delay on it (bpm synced).

On the 57MKII you have to choose in setup if sdj effects will work on a track OR(not both) sampler.

Whats dope on the 70 is the locking BPM to right or left deck like it was on the TTM57.
AKIEM 7:29 PM - 19 January, 2020
kinda sad there is no FX Loop, or Foot Switch.
dj_soo 7:58 PM - 19 January, 2020
I think you’ll have to wait for it come out or find a proper deep dive before anyone knows. The 72 has a dedicated flex fx button for the sampler. The 70 does not, but that doesn’t mean effects can’t be routed to it
AKIEM 8:03 PM - 19 January, 2020
Quote:
I think you’ll have to wait for it come out or find a proper deep dive before anyone knows. The 72 has a dedicated flex fx button for the sampler. The 70 does not, but that doesn’t mean effects can’t be routed to it

hmmm, right ok.

57MKII has a FlexFX as well, but it cant be done.

Just wondering if it works on the 72, which would make it more likely to work on the 70, I guess....
dj_soo 8:35 PM - 19 January, 2020
On the 72 you can assign the right or left effect bank to the sampler. You can stack the hardware effects with the software effects for each side and it’s not dependent on the paddles being engaged.

Each side has its own bpm that auto-pulls from the playing track or you can tap tempo (the tapping is pretty bad tho - no smoothing algorithm or anything).

The flex fx button on the sampler is fully post fader like on the 62 or 57mk2 unlike the main track flex fx buttons (only the paddles are fully post fade).
DJ JulioYEG 12:21 AM - 20 January, 2020
Quote:

rane faders have good bumpers. using pio mixers makes you have to develop more of a spring in ur fingers
DJ JulioYEG 12:23 AM - 20 January, 2020
Quote:
I just get angry about how limited it is.

limited in what way?
dj_soo 3:44 AM - 20 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
I just get angry about how limited it is.

limited in what way?

lack of independent pad controls is the main one. Just feels neutered. I don't like a lot of other things about it as well - lack of split cue, I prefer an encoder knob for loops than the buttons (going to be one of the things that may keep me from the Seventy) and I really hate the 1 bar default looping behaviour on the S9. I like having dedicated effect controls on the sampler channel too - I know you can route effects to the sampler, but having the flexfx button and dedicated knob on the sample channel like the 62 and 72 is something I've gotten used to.
DJ Tecniq 12:59 PM - 20 January, 2020
Quote:
and I really hate the 1 bar default looping behaviour on the S9
bruh you can change that in the pioneer utility settings that’s the first thing that was talked about when the S9 was released. I admit it was a pain but easily fixable youtu.be
Djkom 10:36 PM - 20 January, 2020
So anyone attented NAMM ???

How is the magFOUR compared to the others ? New FX implementation (especially the Echo) ?

I was about to sell my 72 but if the magFOUR is good (and cheap!) and if a firmware update can add 4x2 not stackable FlexFX buttons, the 72 will stay a better value !!!

One thing Rane could easily do for the 72 is to add an option to use instant double or silent cue instead of sync in the waveform view on the screen !!
Chino 10:46 PM - 20 January, 2020
Quote:

One thing Rane could easily do for the 72 is to add an option to use instant double or silent cue instead of sync in the waveform view on the screen !!

THIS!
dj_soo 12:04 AM - 21 January, 2020
Quote:
How is the magFOUR compared to the others

everything I've read from attendees is that it's lighter than the MAgThree, but still nowhere near as feather light as the Magvel or Innofader Pro
DJ JulioYEG 7:07 AM - 21 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

everything I've read from attendees is that it's lighter than the MAgThree, but still nowhere near as feather light as the Magvel or Innofader Pro

magvel is super light and buttery but the magfaders have always had better bumpers.
Djkom 8:18 AM - 21 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds bad ...
Almost 2 decades since the ttm 56 and Rane still note able to produce perfect faders 😒.

Finally I should wait Pioneer's answer tho'
Djkom 9:54 AM - 21 January, 2020
Not able*
DJ Quartz 1:47 PM - 21 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

IMHO the magvel is too light, I prefer the weighted, click feel of the Rane faders.
Culprit 6:13 PM - 21 January, 2020
Anyone know where I can get some replacement RCA Shielded Shorting Caps that come with the pioneer mixers?
webcke 8:36 PM - 21 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

THIS!

Yep the Rane 70 has these features.
YZ 8:40 PM - 21 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

dude your fanboy antics is wildly nauseating... holy crap get over yourself and your mixer and work on your skills.
dj_soo 10:33 PM - 21 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

magvel is super light and buttery but the magfaders have always had better bumpers.

I don't have exp with the inno pro or pnp, but I did install a mini pro in my reloop spin and when it's freshly lubed up, I still think Rane faders have the best feeling glide to it - just that it does feel a little heavy compared to the inno or magvel.
dj_soo 10:34 PM - 21 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

dude your fanboy antics is wildly nauseating... holy crap get over yourself and your mixer and work on your skills.

given half his posts, he's still in his "my preferences can beat up your preferences" stage of development. Which is kind of sad cause I think he's a dad.
DJ JulioYEG 11:30 PM - 21 January, 2020
Quote:
RCA Shielded Shorting Caps that come with the pioneer mixers?

www.amazon.com
DJ Quartz 12:37 AM - 22 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

www.amazon.com

Those are the same ones we were talking about on Amazon.
DJ JulioYEG 1:10 AM - 22 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.amazon.com

Those are the same ones we were talking about on Amazon.

I didnt see that part. does that answer his question? if not my bad
DJ Tecniq 6:18 AM - 22 January, 2020
Quote:
Ha! Really you were the one dick riding Rane ever since the 72 came out now you sound like a nagging bitch🤣
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:04 PM - 22 January, 2020
Yeah very funny indeed Tecniq
dj_soo 5:01 PM - 22 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Ha! Really you were the one dick riding Rane ever since the 72 came out now you sound like a nagging bitch🤣

the adults are talking here. Go back to masturbating to pioneer gear.
Chino 6:06 PM - 23 January, 2020
Looks like some U.S. Pioneer retailers have dropped the price of the S9 & XDJ-RX2 since the announcement of the Rane Seventy & Denon DJ Prime 2. I received the email below...

The DJ Hookup - We Sell DJ Equipment to Our Friends. Go to Website >

Post-NAMM Discounts from Pioneer DJ!
Pioneer DJ XDJ-RX2 - 2-Channel Standalone DJ System
$200 POST-NAMM TEMPORARY PRICEDROP
New Base Price: $1,499
Contact Us for Additional Discount + See All XDJ-RX2 Bundle Deals.

Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 - Serato Battle Mixer
Contact Us for Additional Discount + See All DJM-S9 Bundle Deals.
Culprit 8:30 PM - 23 January, 2020
YZ 8:36 PM - 23 January, 2020
Quote:

the adults are talking here. Go back to masturbating to pioneer gear.

Oof
HellNegative1 9:05 PM - 23 January, 2020
Quote:
Looks like some U.S. Pioneer retailers have dropped the price of the S9 & XDJ-RX2 since the announcement of the Rane Seventy & Denon DJ Prime 2. I received the email below...

Too bad they didn't price drop the XZ. :-p
dj_soo 9:14 PM - 23 January, 2020
if it's only temporary, I'm wondering if that means pioneer are still trying to milk the S9 and haven't bothered to make the update that people have been clamoring for. Usually they will do a permanent price drop if the new gear is due out soon...

I dunno, there's a lot of people out there expecting a new NXS line as well as an S9 and they gave us a $3500 mixer that is ultra specialized, and a $2300 controller that does less than their $1800 competitor in the Prime 4.

I'm beginning to wonder if rumors of a new hardware development freeze due to a potential sale is actually true...
DJ JulioYEG 9:48 PM - 23 January, 2020
Quote:
I'm beginning to wonder if rumors of a new hardware development freeze due to a potential sale is actually true..

sale as is the pioneer brand? being sold like rane did to inmusic?
DJ JulioYEG 9:49 PM - 23 January, 2020
Quote:

too bad the price didnt drop in canada smh
dj_soo 9:58 PM - 23 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
I'm beginning to wonder if rumors of a new hardware development freeze due to a potential sale is actually true..

I've heard rumors that the KKR - the company that bought Pioneer DJ from Pioneer is gearing up to try to sell their shares of the company and that's the reason they seem to be so far behind on developing the next gen of their flagship gear.

It's most likely bullshit, but I've heard it muttered from a couple people in the industry and in forums.
DJ JulioYEG 10:00 PM - 23 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've heard rumors that the KKR - the company that bought Pioneer DJ from Pioneer is gearing up to try to sell their shares of the company and that's the reason they seem to be so far behind on developing the next gen of their flagship gear.

It's most likely bullshit, but I've heard it muttered from a couple people in the industry and in forums.

i keep seeing ppl say that the pioneer stuff is getting outdated... so if they stay in this slump of not putting out new equipment denon will easily become the club standard due to lack of competion.
dj_soo 10:04 PM - 23 January, 2020
I don't know about "easily." The pioneer mindshare is way too ingrained that all it's going to take is some shiny new Denon gear to unthrone them, but if they keep just sitting on their years old tech and continue with their overpricing of their gear - and denon manages to solve some of their quality and customer service issues, then they could see their dominance erode and sometimes that's all it takes for the mindshare to shift.

Lots of people were underwhelmed by the YZ controller since it was only 2 channel standalone and while that new mixer looks cool, it's very specialized and I doubt it's going to be replacing 900NXS2 installs anytime soon. Probably be more popular in Europe or underground techno/house focused clubs, but they have to unseat Allen & Heath from there and it's not like Pioneer has the best reputation with sound quality with that crowd.
HellNegative1 1:37 PM - 24 January, 2020
Quote:
I don't know about "easily." The pioneer mindshare is way too ingrained that all it's going to take is some shiny new Denon gear to unthrone them, but if they keep just sitting on their years old tech and continue with their overpricing of their gear - and denon manages to solve some of their quality and customer service issues, then they could see their dominance erode and sometimes that's all it takes for the mindshare to shift.

I remember when people made these exact same statements referring to Pioneer pushing Technics out of the DJ Booth.

The XZ would be a better seller if they would have priced it below $2,000 (including sales tax/VAT). About half of the Prime4 owners and people who have order the Prime 2 (that I have spoken to) ordered the Denon product due to the Pioneer equivalent being aboce their credit limit. The starting credit limits for Guitar Center, Sam Ash, Willis Music, Sweetwater, Zzounds, PSSL, American Musical, and most credit card companies is $2,000. Pioneer priced their home use unit above the ability for lower income musicians to be able to finance it.

That aside, I prefer Denon's sandlone units over Pioneer's. However, the XZ is way more comfortable than the Prime4. It just feels solid when playing on it. The RX and RX2 are less comfortable than the Prime4, though.
dj_soo 8:05 PM - 24 January, 2020
Quote:
I remember when people made these exact same statements referring to Pioneer pushing Technics out of the DJ Booth.

I take more umbrage to them doing it "easily."

It took years before pioneer was everywhere - coupled with Technics stopping production of turntables even when their gear was still being consistently used by DJs - before pioneer became the standard.
HellNegative1 8:29 PM - 24 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

I take more umbrage to them doing it "easily."

It took years before pioneer was everywhere - coupled with Technics stopping production of turntables even when their gear was still being consistently used by DJs - before pioneer became the standard.

I think Pioneer was part of the cause of Technics shutting down production on the 1200. It took the 1000 and 800 about 3-5 years to really make its way into the booth as the digital standard with 2007-08 (the last two of those years) being their strongest move into the booth. Then the 900 and 2000 coming out in 2009 and being marketed like crazy into the club scene almost goes above coincidence with Technics deciding to stop production in early 2010.
CMOS 11:57 PM - 24 January, 2020
Probably also didnt hurt that CD was the most popular media at the time.
dj_soo 12:01 AM - 25 January, 2020
I think it depends on the area. In my city, the 1000 never took over the scene and while they were in every club, most still mainly used turntables and serato.

It wasn’t until the 2000s and USB supported stuff came out that the pioneer decks really took off.

I hear the CD only cdjs were pretty big in the uk tho and that there are still guys bringing CD wallets to gigs today.
Mr. Goodkat 12:09 AM - 25 January, 2020
i always thought when house and techno were really down and open format was starting ala the mid 00s(in my area). burned cdjs really took over because of the cost because nobody had money for new records. I think the cdj 200 was super the bigger shift, because it could play mp3 cds, and the 100s that were popular couldnt. I was a new jack in 2000 and me having cdj 100s really took away with my credibilty with djs but most owners and customers didnt care or didnt realize.
HellNegative1 1:49 AM - 25 January, 2020
Quote:
I think it depends on the area. In my city, the 1000 never took over the scene and while they were in every club, most still mainly used turntables and serato.

It wasn’t until the 2000s and USB supported stuff came out that the pioneer decks really took off.

I hear the CD only cdjs were pretty big in the uk tho and that there are still guys bringing CD wallets to gigs today.

I was working the Nevada, Cali, Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana markets around this time.
Guidance2 2:03 PM - 15 January, 2021
Still no Slicer mode on the Rane Seventy. Tell me if I am wrong !
I hope Serato will implement it with the next firmware as a secondary pad mode : shift + Roll
dj_soo 5:22 PM - 15 January, 2021
people use Slicer?
577er 7:14 PM - 15 January, 2021
Quote:
people use Slicer?

No. No they do not.
HellNegative1 2:17 AM - 17 January, 2021
Quote:
Quote:
people use Slicer?

No. No they do not.

LMAO

On a real tip, With FLIP mode being a thing, slicer is kinda dead to me now.
boojsn2020 2:51 PM - 21 February, 2023
[spam removed]
DJ STU-C 4:16 PM - 21 February, 2023
Bot
DjSyndic8 2:38 AM - 22 February, 2023
Quote:
Bot

Yip I reported his Bot ass to serato they usually comment and it doesnt make sense followed by a spam Link the amount of spam ad links on serato these days
Awaysed 6:56 PM - 25 March, 2023
[spam removed]