Serato Studio General Discussion

Talk about anything Serato Studio, music production, plugins and supported hardware

Megamix | Automation

KIDMYN 9:50 PM - 13 December, 2019
Hey Guys,

I am trying out Serato Studio to make megamixes. I understand automation is usually used for drums, percussion, etc, but I am trying to automate the whole track, or "channel". I want the volume to gradually increase simply.

Is this possible? I obviously tried using the Robot, but it keeps referencing drum kits instead of my actual channel.

Thanks in advance.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:19 AM - 16 December, 2019
Hey KIDMYN,

Unfortunately this isn't possible quite yet, but we've had many requests for it so we'd like to look at adding it in the future. In the mean time you will just need to add the automation to each Deck individually.

Cheers,
Logan.
KIDMYN 9:39 PM - 16 December, 2019
Hey Logan,

Are you referring to just the accurate precision for the actual automation?

For the actual automation, itself still confuses me a bit even after watching the tutorial. Is there any other tutorials I can watch that will show how to automate "a channel" or long track vs. drum kits?

Thanks
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:08 PM - 16 December, 2019
Hey KIDMYN,

Quote:
Is there any other tutorials I can watch that will show how to automate "a channel" or long track vs. drum kits?

What i mean is that this isn't actually possible yet. Automation can only be aded to individual Drum Kits or Instruments - not the whole channel.

Cheers,
Logan.
serialskillerz 9:09 AM - 23 January, 2020
+1 please add each channel automation volume & automation effect ..
Dj_Flexx_PR 9:22 AM - 1 February, 2020
If Serato Studio Add Parameter automation (Volumes and Effects) for the Audio Track will be excellent!

πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌ
Jack Cardinal 6:01 PM - 6 February, 2020
So there is no way to modulate volume of a clip or clips over time?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 8:37 PM - 6 February, 2020
Hi Jack Cardinal,

Automation of volume is available in each scene by clicking on the small robot in the top right of the scene, but not currently on the Song View. We have had a number of requests to extend this and it's something we'd love to add.

Phil